Who wants to Judge a Man of God who lives i Health and Prosperity??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brother my heart goes out for you it truly does. You are deceived and do not know it, you seem sincere. But study the Apostle Paul he knew GOd better then all of us and look at his life.

He considered it a Joy to suffer for CHrist, he was thrown in jail, stoned and left for dead, he lost or gave up all his earthly material things, all were considered dun compared to what he was looking forward to.

Remember Paul was in constant pain from a thorn GOd had put in him so he would rely on GOd and his grace.

How could you rationalize your line of thinking with the Poor sick apostle Paul?

All the great Apostles gave up everything to follow CHrist, would you give up your earthly riches to do the same???

YOu see you keep telling everyone on this thread to be poor, yet that is not what anyone is saying, no one is saying it is good to be poor, wonder why you seem to be wishing that on people??

Proverbs 30:7-9
Two things I ask of you; deny them not to me before I die: Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me, lest I be full and deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?” or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God.
You too can have what you say=ask for==believe for=your choice!!! I choose to believe God and live in His blessings, protection and gifts!====Believe God's Word====3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.====Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Yes!!! God wants to bless His family with health and prosperity but you are free to reject the gifts of God and live poor and sick= your choice!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brother my heart goes out for you it truly does. You are deceived and do not know it, you seem sincere. But study the Apostle Paul he knew GOd better then all of us and look at his life.

He considered it a Joy to suffer for CHrist, he was thrown in jail, stoned and left for dead, he lost or gave up all his earthly material things, all were considered dun compared to what he was looking forward to.

Remember Paul was in constant pain from a thorn GOd had put in him so he would rely on GOd and his grace.

How could you rationalize your line of thinking with the Poor sick apostle Paul?

All the great Apostles gave up everything to follow CHrist, would you give up your earthly riches to do the same???

YOu see you keep telling everyone on this thread to be poor, yet that is not what anyone is saying, no one is saying it is good to be poor, wonder why you seem to be wishing that on people??

Proverbs 30:7-9
Two things I ask of you; deny them not to me before I die: Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me, lest I be full and deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?” or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God.

Hi Dave,
It is useless. The indoctrination is pretty deep here.
Prayer... ;)

Reactions: Dave M and DNB

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False Teaching and True Riches
1 Timothy 6:2

Teach and urge these duties. 3 Whoever teaches otherwise and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that is in accordance with godliness, 4 is conceited, understanding nothing, and has a morbid craving for controversy and for disputes about words. From these come envy, dissension, slander, base suspicions, 5 and wrangling among those who are depraved in mind and bereft of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.[c] 6 Of course, there is great gain in godliness combined with contentment; 7 for we brought nothing into the world, so that[d] we can take nothing out of it; 8 but if we have food and clothing, we will be content with these. 9 But those who want to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, and in their eagerness to be rich some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pains.

Reactions: DNB

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if you pray the disciple's prayer every day like I do (found in Matthew 6:9-13, Luke 11:2-4)...

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who wants to try to deny the TRUTH of God's Word???
Believe God's Word====3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.====Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Yes!!! God wants to bless His family with health and prosperity but you are free to reject the gifts of God and live poor and sick= your choice!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you think heaven is going to be like?

Do you think that God's children have mansions in heaven?
no, ...and if they do, it will not be by ownership or deed, but by the communal providence of God, the Father.

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who wants to try to deny the TRUTH of God's Word???
Believe God's Word====3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.====Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

what do you think Jesus meant when he said we should take up our cross, and deny ourselfs?

Matthew 16:24
Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with living in health and prosperity unless you get it by begging from the pulpit or on TV or radio!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, ...and if they do, it will not be by ownership or deed, but by the communal providence of God, the Father.

First of all, we will have treasures in heaven according as we laid them up while we were on the earth (Matthew 6:19-21).

Secondly, we will have mansions in heaven (John 14:1-4) and the previous verses tell us that they will belong to us as our reward for what we did on earth (see also 1 Corinthians 3:11-15).

So we will be wealthy in heaven.

Now consider the prayer that the Lord gave us to pray:

Mat 6:9, After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10, Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11, Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12, And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13, And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Is this not, in effect, asking for the same thing as what the Psalmist asks for in Psalms 118:25?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with living in health and prosperity unless you get it by begging from the pulpit or on TV or radio!
Why is there a difference in that?

Do not ministers of the gospel work just as hard for their money as people who work other jobs?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look, you little troublemaker, you better start quoting Scripture that show how the love of money is the root of many evils. You are not showing a balance in your understanding. It is one thing to assert how God does not want his children to be destitute, sick or of unsound mind. But, it is entirely a different circumstance to be prosperous and wealthy - especially when there are so many impoverished in this world beyond their means to surmount it.
There are countless Scriptures denouncing wealth and temporal pleasures, you have not shown any insight in regard to these principles, but have entirely and incompetently chose to avoid them. You are extremely offensive gismys, that even your posts that are relatively inline with Scripture, are now perceived as hypocritical and insincere.

It seems to me that you are jealous.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those blessed by God don't have to beg for money.
That's true...

Luk 6:38, Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Are they begging for money if they teach this scripture?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First of all, we will have treasures in heaven according as we laid them up while we were on the earth (Matthew 6:19-21).

Secondly, we will have mansions in heaven (John 14:1-4) and the previous verses tell us that they will belong to us as our reward for what we did on earth (see also 1 Corinthians 3:11-15).

So we will be wealthy in heaven.

Now consider the prayer that the Lord gave us to pray:

Mat 6:9, After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10, Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11, Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12, And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13, And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Is this not, in effect, asking for the same thing as what the Psalmist asks for in Psalms 118:25?
seek wisdom, greatest treasure of all, even a monkey knows this much.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not when he promotes this subversive corruption as Gospel. You're right about patience, but not about his condoning a drive or covetousness, for avarice and mammon. It is harder for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to find salvation. There should be no tolerance for his perverted views, only unless he was 12 or 16 years old, otherwise he should be old enough to know how offensive wealth, in its various forms, can be.

Just remember if He is trusting in the death and physical resurrection of Jesus for his salvation, they are saved!

We can stand strong and loud against the pollution that one brings. I am not speaking of accepting false doctrines. Wealth in and of itself is neutral.

Remember Paul said it is the LOVE of money that is a root of all sorts of evils. Remember we must speak the truth, but speak it in love! They are held captive by false doctrines they have been taught and we should patiently and prayerfully seek to have their eyes open if peradventure the Lord will grant them repentance.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just remember if He is trusting in the death and physical resurrection of Jesus for his salvation, they are saved!

We can stand strong and loud against the pollution that one brings. I am not speaking of accepting false doctrines. Wealth in and of itself is neutral.

Remember Paul said it is the LOVE of money that is a root of all sorts of evils. Remember we must speak the truth, but speak it in love! They are held captive by false doctrines they have been taught and we should patiently and prayerfully seek to have their eyes open if peradventure the Lord will grant them repentance.
I agree with you entirely. This guy, though, is showing different colours than one of innocence or naiveté. He has been promoting these views, and those of Kenneth Copeland, since day 1. He even has, on occasion, described his own wealth and status to make his point. This one is misguided, and his views truly are subversive. The world is not in need of Christians, for one second, putting their efforts or prayers into being prosperous. There is not one Apostle who would have ever dared to do such a perverted thing. Wisdom and knowledge is what is defeating the church, and what is encouraging the heathen. There is not enough time in our lives to waste our efforts and desires on comfort and pleasure, when there are people perishing eternally, every day.
We pray for the well-being and safety of all, and especially a sound and wise mind, but never to have more than one needs so that they forget where their true sustenance comes from.

I'm sorry Ron, I find this guy offensive. He has not prudently offered warnings about the vice of avarice, of which the Bible gives an overwhelming amount of testimony about it, in order to balance what he is saying. Therefore, I conclude that he is boasting, and is corrupt in his views on this.