Who wants to Judge a Man of God who lives i Health and Prosperity??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who wants to try to deny the TRUTH of God's Word???
Believe God's Word====3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish """above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health"""", even as thy soul prospereth.====Psalm 112:3 """Wealth and riches shall be in his house:""" and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Yes!!! God wants to bless His family with health and prosperity but you are free to reject the gifts of God and live poor and sick= your choice!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you want to give the poor and sick man's word or God's Word??
3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.====Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Yes!!! God wants to bless His family with health and prosperity but you are free to reject the gifts of God and live poor and sick= your choice!

Matthew 6:24
"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

1 Timothy 6:9
Those who want to be rich, however, fall into temptation and become ensnared by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction.

2 Timothy 4:10
because Demas, in his love of this world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia.

Reactions: DNB

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is God that gives us power to gain wealth===3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.====Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is God that gives us power to gain wealth===3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.====Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
And you are welcome to serve satan, being the god of this world, and all the temporal, inanimate and decaying things that are his.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Will you believe God's Word or satan and man's deception??

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you entirely. This guy, though, is showing different colours than one of innocence or naiveté. He has been promoting these views, and those of Kenneth Copeland, since day 1. He even has, on occasion, described his own wealth and status to make his point. This one is misguided, and his views truly are subversive. The world is not in need of Christians, for one second, putting their efforts or prayers into being prosperous. There is not one Apostle who would have ever dared to do such a perverted thing. Wisdom and knowledge is what is defeating the church, and what is encouraging the heathen. There is not enough time in our lives to waste our efforts and desires on comfort and pleasure, when there are people perishing eternally, every day.
We pray for the well-being and safety of all, and especially a sound and wise mind, but never to have more than one needs so that they forget where their true sustenance comes from.

I'm sorry Ron, I find this guy offensive. He has not prudently offered warnings about the vice of avarice, of which the Bible gives an overwhelming amount of testimony about it, in order to balance what he is saying. Therefore, I conclude that he is boasting, and is corrupt in his views on this.

Hey @DNB,

You do realize that @GISMYS_7 is quoting scripture to substantiate his opinions?

Do you suggest that we take those scriptures that he is quoting, and cut them out of our Bibles with scissors? (consider the consequences in Revelation 22:19!)

You have to somehow deal with the scriptures he is quoting if you are going to make your point clear to him.

Remember, if you take the beam out of your own eye first, you will see more clearly to take the mote out of your brother's eye.

I think that denying Christ's Deity is a much bigger issue than @GISMYS_7's wealth and his justification of having it.

I don't think that it is impossible for rich men to enter the kingdom. With men it is impossible, but with God all things shall be possible.

And also, we have everlasting life from the moment of first faith (John 5:24 (kjv)).

So then, if someone has already entered into the kingdom of God (having been given everlasting life), is it necessarily going to put them out of the kingdom if they pray the prayer of Psalms 118:25 and the Lord answers in the affirmative?

The Lord is most certainly able to help a man to deal with the temptation that comes with wealth.

Contextually, we find that, I can do all things through Him who strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:12-13)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but you are free to reject the gifts of God and live poor and sick= your choice!

If we read down into James, we find that it is evil to believe that we have choices. Yikes!

James 4:13-16 NLT - "Look here, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit." 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog--it's here a little while, then it's gone. 15 What you ought to say is, "If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that." 16 Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil."

This is one of those amazing passages that shows that God has Plans . . . and there isn't a thing we can do about it. And that's an awesome, amazing God that I desire to follow!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey @DNB,

You do realize that @GISMYS_7 is quoting scripture to substantiate his opinions?

Do you suggest that we take those scriptures that he is quoting, and cut them out of our Bibles with scissors? (consider the consequences in Revelation 22:19!)

You have to somehow deal with the scriptures he is quoting if you are going to make your point clear to him.

Remember, if you take the beam out of your own eye first, you will see more clearly to take the mote out of your brother's eye.

I think that denying Christ's Deity is a much bigger issue than @GISMYS_7's wealth and his justification of having it.

I don't think that it is impossible for rich men to enter the kingdom. With men it is impossible, but with God all things shall be possible.

And also, we have everlasting life from the moment of first faith (John 5:24 (kjv)).

So then, if someone has already entered into the kingdom of God (having been given everlasting life), is it necessarily going to put them out of the kingdom if they pray the prayer of Psalms 118:25 and the Lord answers in the affirmative?

The Lord is most certainly able to help a man to deal with the temptation that comes with wealth.

Contextually, we find that, I can do all things through Him who strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:12-13)
Are you able to any degree, to stay on topic?
I do not need to address his OT testimony, that was an entirely different dispensation. There was a time, circumstantially speaking, where wealth did testify to one's auspices being from God. But, even still, wisdom was the greatest display of blessings from God (Proverbs 4:8). Now, it is the Holy Spirit which imparts wisdom, that displays one's wealth. On your death bed what do you want, a comfortable pillow or words of wisdom?

The NT warns emphatically about the vices of wealth, of its temporal nature, and it's corruptible and decaying nature. Of all the things to write a thread about, of all the things that one could bring up in order to promote God's providence and generosity, what misguided and deceptive fool would use money?

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we read down into James, we find that it is evil to believe that we have choices. Yikes!

James 4:13-16 NLT - "Look here, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit." 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog--it's here a little while, then it's gone. 15 What you ought to say is, "If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that." 16 Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil."

This is one of those amazing passages that shows that God has Plans . . . and there isn't a thing we can do about it. And that's an awesome, amazing God that I desire to follow!

These things are not to say that I don't have the free will to choose between raspberry and maple syrup on my pancakes in the morning; or, even, when I am drawn by the Holy Spirit to Jesus, to receive or reject His free gift of salvation.

I do not need to address his OT testimony, that was an entirely different dispensation.

See 2 Timothy 3:16.

The NT warns emphatically about the vices of wealth, of its temporal nature, and it's corruptible and decaying nature.

This is also in the NT:

1Ti 6:17, Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
1Ti 6:18, That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
1Ti 6:19, Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Of all the things to write a thread about, of all the things that one could bring up in order to promote God's providence and generosity, what misguided and deceptive fool would use money?

It's better than using the mark that is coming.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why?

You are certainly free to espouse your opinion. This is a Message Board, after all.

To be honest, and I see that I am probably wrong, but referencing Maple Syrup seemed flippant. I also realized that what I wrote had nothing to do with your OP, and that was wrong of me. I shouldn't have done that. I got a bit excited when I looked up the scripture you posted and discovered the passages about human planning, as they further support what I believe about God being in total control of generally . . . all things.

No biggie.

I used to get upset on Christians forums when others would become upset with me. Now, I am happy to find that I can back out when things seem wrong (to me). I just want to be at peace with everyone. :)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest, and I see that I am probably wrong, but referencing Maple Syrup seemed flippant.
I can be flippant concerning Calvinistic theology; because in my view hyper-Calvinism sets forth the view that God is some kind of cosmic monster who arbitrarily throws people in the lake of fire without giving them an opportunity to believe in His plan of salvation. Some, who are not this god's elect, may even come to him, seeking salvation; and he casts them out because they are not of the elect. This is not the God of the Bible (see John 6:37).

The God that I serve is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9)...and therefore His love will not fail (1 Corinthians 13:8) to present the gospel to every creature and give them an opportunity to either receive or reject Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you entirely. This guy, though, is showing different colours than one of innocence or naiveté. He has been promoting these views, and those of Kenneth Copeland, since day 1. He even has, on occasion, described his own wealth and status to make his point. This one is misguided, and his views truly are subversive. The world is not in need of Christians, for one second, putting their efforts or prayers into being prosperous. There is not one Apostle who would have ever dared to do such a perverted thing. Wisdom and knowledge is what is defeating the church, and what is encouraging the heathen. There is not enough time in our lives to waste our efforts and desires on comfort and pleasure, when there are people perishing eternally, every day.
We pray for the well-being and safety of all, and especially a sound and wise mind, but never to have more than one needs so that they forget where their true sustenance comes from.

I'm sorry Ron, I find this guy offensive. He has not prudently offered warnings about the vice of avarice, of which the Bible gives an overwhelming amount of testimony about it, in order to balance what he is saying. Therefore, I conclude that he is boasting, and is corrupt in his views on this.

Don't get me wrong! I find what this guy preaches repugnant and highly offensive. this kind of message has done great harm to the church in the world! They are wolves in sheeps clothing (many of them) BUT and I must add a BUT here: If they have trusted in teh death and physical resurrection of jesus for their sin debt before the Father, they are saved no matter how much heretical garbage has deceived them from that point. they are stunted, crippled believers but would be believers nonetheless. I won't fellowship with them, but I will not attempt to judge their eternal destiny either. That belongs to the Lord alone. If they say that wealth must accompany salvation or some silliness like that, then we have a leg to question their salvation as the Bible tells us to!

Yes this is a perverted teaching, but the church has had to endure legions of false teachings over the ages by those sheep who were deceived by angel of light false teachers. I stand vehemntly against what this prosperity gospel says, but cannot biblically condemn the indivivual, that is God to do!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

tHINK!!! You made the choice to answer my post===no one forced you to do that===every thing we do is what we choose to do!!!THINK!