Who was sacrificed Jesus the human, or the spirit being who came to earth to become Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Semantics. ;) If you're at someone's side then
...then, you have heard nothing and are still in error by your own semantics and not understanding that the two are One.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Paul describes it, Hebrews 12:2 (WEB):

(2) looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising its shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
If you are sat down a the right hand of a throne/seat, then you are beside that seat - side by side. End of English lesson. :) More to the point, Jesus said that he was going to be with his Father. Jesus sitting down beside/with His Father is not God separating Himself from Jesus as you claimed in post #64.
You are not putting all of what is written together...the end of which is God is One.

So, dwell as long as you will on that path toward the Holy of Holies. Meanwhile, you have only been describing those things along the journey, those things that lead to the One, including Christ.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
By that statement, you show that you do not know that it is God who is the tree of life, and that He sent them out of the garden taking life from them--that they should die, unless they also take of Him and live.
That's not what the Bible says. Genesis 2 (WEB):

(9) Out of the ground Yahweh God made every tree to grow that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food, including the tree of life in the middle of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.​

(16) Yahweh God commanded the man, saying, “You may freely eat of every tree of the garden;​
(17) but you shall not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die.”​

(22) Yahweh God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand, and also take of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever—”​
(23) Therefore Yahweh God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from which he was taken.​
(24) So he drove out the man; and he placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.​

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus was sacrificed Scott, and that he went back to being the spirit being he was before, only having full knowledge of who he was during his time on earth. Jesus did not have knowledge of his previous life to any great extent anyway, until his baptism at 30 yrs of age, then the heavens were opened up to him, moving him to escape to the wilderness and fast for 40 days.

Is that the way you see it sir?
Yes.

However, that does not tell the end of the matter
; and yet without considering the end, it would seem to define Jesus as not being One and God. I suspect that is why you have asked the question. But that would be a half truth, and only part of "all truth."

From the beginning and in the end, there is only One God (and no one beside). There is therefore, error in the belief that Jesus is "beside" God.

The correct interpretation of Him sitting "on" the right hand of God, is rather "of" (The KJV translates Strong's G1537 in the following manner: of (366x), from (181x), out of (162x), by (55x), on (34x), with (25x), miscellaneous (98x).

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 7:55 But he [Stephen], being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand, 56 and he said: “Look! I see the heavens opened up and the Son of man standing at God’s right hand.

Why do some people try so hard to change what they can't change? Thanks God for the Scriptures!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "sons" of God cannot be His "brothers" at the same time. That is obviously illogical:

John 20:17 Jesus said to her: “(...) go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”

Are you a "brother" of the so called God-the Son?
Illogical to you perhaps. "Brothers" can obviously have more than one meaning depending on context..

Matthew 21:25-26, “You have heard that it was said to an older generation, ‘Do not murder,’ and ‘whoever murders will be subjected to judgment.’ But I say to you that anyone who is angry with a brother will be subjected to judgment. And whoever insults a brother will be brought before the council, and whoever says ‘Fool’ will be sent to fiery hell. So then, if you bring your gift to the altar and there you remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother and then come and present your gift. Reach agreement quickly with your accuser while on the way to court, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge hand you over to the warden, and you will be thrown into prison. I tell you the truth, you will never get out of there until you have paid the last penny!"

Do you really think that this only applies to one's male sibling? Your legalistic approach to Scripture won't get you very far. I suggest that you try to find the meaning of what is written.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that many think Jesus returned to heaven as Jesus, rather than the being he was that was selected for the assignment. Most agree that Jesus existed as a spirit being prior to becoming a human, so when he came and gave his flesh and blood to redeem us from what Adam lost, is it not logical that he went back to who he was before he came? So who was sacrificed, God's spirit son who became a human, or the human who came?

If you think it was the spirit being, then how can it be an equal sacrifice, since that being had to lower himself to become a human? Phil 2:7

Heretically phrased question.
Christ is fully God and fully man.
He bodily rose and bodily ascended.

• Love
Reactions: marks

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think he was deceptive. It was his job to set an example for us, and that is what he did, it seems to me.
So since we agree that he was not deceptive, then do you agree that his God that he promoted and made known His name is in fact God sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

However, that does not tell the end of the matter
; and yet without considering the end, it would seem to define Jesus as not being One and God. I suspect that is why you have asked the question. But that would be a half truth, and only part of "all truth."

From the beginning and in the end, there is only One God (and no one beside). There is therefore, error in the belief that Jesus is "beside" God.

The correct interpretation of Him sitting "on" the right hand of God, is rather "of" (The KJV translates Strong's G1537 in the following manner: of (366x), from (181x), out of (162x), by (55x), on (34x), with (25x), miscellaneous (98x).
Great glad we agree, so do you then believe the God of Jesus, the one he declared to his followers is God sir? The rest of your post does not seem to indicate that Scott.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So since we agree that he was not deceptive, then do you agree that his God that he promoted and made known His name is in fact God sir?
Yes.

There seem to be two schools of thought. One is that Jesus was the Son of God. The other is that Jesus was God in flesh. (I have come to be believe he was God in flesh.) Either way, he is in fact God.

Reactions: ScottA and marks

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Illogical to you perhaps. "Brothers" can obviously have more than one meaning depending on context..

Matthew 21:25-26, “You have heard that it was said to an older generation, ‘Do not murder,’ and ‘whoever murders will be subjected to judgment.’ But I say to you that anyone who is angry with a brother will be subjected to judgment. And whoever insults a brother will be brought before the council, and whoever says ‘Fool’ will be sent to fiery hell. So then, if you bring your gift to the altar and there you remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother and then come and present your gift. Reach agreement quickly with your accuser while on the way to court, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge hand you over to the warden, and you will be thrown into prison. I tell you the truth, you will never get out of there until you have paid the last penny!"
Err, I think you mean Matthew 5:21-26.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course his disciples still call him Jesus, but more accurately he returned to heaven back to his own life, we believe he is Michael, the highest angel.
Who is being revealed here?

Revelation 1:1-5 KJV
1) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2) Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
3) Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
4) John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Is this then a deception? Not actually from "Jesus Christ", who was dissolved after the crucifixion?

In your thinking, this passage is actually the archangel Michael, who, masquerading as Jesus, sent "his angel" to John with this revelation? To deceive John into thinking that Michael was "Jesus, the faithful witness"?

This is what the Faithful Witness says,

Revelation 22:16 KJV
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

But you say it's not really Jesus, instead, an ongoing deception by God and the archangel?

Much love!

Reactions: ScottA

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course his disciples still call him Jesus, but more accurately he returned to heaven back to his own life, we believe he is Michael, the highest angel.
Although, of course, he will have a new name when we join him in heaven:

Revelation 3:12 (WEB):
(12) He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will go out from there no more. I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.​

Revelation 19 (ESV):
(12) His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself.​
(13) He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.​

Similarly we will be given a new name:

Revelation 2:17 (WEB):
(17) He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. To him who overcomes, to him I will give of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written, which no one knows but he who receives it.​

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this falls under the “Jesus is not God” banned discussion/debate.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you see, by you saying Jesus is the angel Michael, you are saying He is not God (which is banned discussion), and so if someone argues that Jesus most certainly IS God and is not Michael, then they have broken the rules of the forum, as will you also, when you insist that, no, He isn’t God.

Then, a bunch of angry flesh displays, with you grinning like a Cheshire Cat and politely saying, no ma’am, yes ma’am after the destruction and harm.

Last edited:

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And this is also a banned debate. So anyone who would want to argue cannot and just has to let you say it, unchecked, or they also have to break the rules.
I don't see any topic being banned in the "Terms and rules". Why would anyone want to ban discussing their beliefs?

1 Peter 3:15 (WEB):
(15) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and always be ready to give an answer to everyone who asks you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, with humility and fear:​

Reactions: ScottA

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see any topic being banned in the "Terms and rules". Why would anyone want to ban discussing their beliefs?

1 Peter 3:15 (WEB):
(15) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and always be ready to give an answer to everyone who asks you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, with humility and fear:​
It’s okay, they removed the post. or at least the portion of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.