Who/What is Jesus if not God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Some think he was a mere man.
Jesus was/is God. God is/was Jesus.

Isaiah 43:11 “I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.”

He told us this. Exodus 3.

“I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM” John 8:58

If Jesus is not God, as so many love to claim today, please explain who Jesus is then; what He is that His life and sacrifice could accomplish so much if not the work of divine efforts.

Many will make all manner of case to prove that He is not God, but I have seen nobody explain just where He stands in such a scenario as having changed everything in the entire world ... by His sheer blood, sweat and tears.

Nobody but God could do what He did.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are being willfully ignorant and silly...Since God is the father of Jesus then Jesus cannot be his own father. Since we agree that Jesus is the son of God then it follows that Jesus cannot be the son of himself. You are saying God is the son of God. How many Gods do you have?
So because I am a son of man, I cannot therefore be a man?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are claiming that God was a sacrifice
Absolutely, and that is exactly what that Scripture shows. It is not a reference to God the Father (who is a Spirit) but it is in fact a reference to the Lord Jesus Christ. So if you not believe that Jesus is God, how can you call yourself "saint of God"? All the saints believe that Jesus is God who -- as sinless Man -- shed His blood for our redemption.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your belief makes Jesus a hybrid. Having the spirit of God does not make a person God. If you were abiding in Jesus you would not be writing that rubbish.... Jesus said God is his father...If God is Jesus' father how could Jesus be God?

Oh okay. It is apparent that people may have problems with other people who don’t fit in their category of what they deem a person must believe to be Christian.

So for me just because someone doesn’t understand what is being conveyed doesn’t mean that I’m wrong or right it is just my perception of what the scriptures put forth and not what man can conjure up… not saying you are doing that.

Thanj you for reading and understanding.

Reactions: Lambano