• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dylan Robson

Feb 26, 2018
pinetown
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I want to share something with you all

2 kings 2

8 And Elijah took his mantle, and wrapped it together, and smote the waters, and they were divided hither and thither, so that they two went over on dry ground.

9 And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.

10 And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.

11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.

13 He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;

14 And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the Lord God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.

15 And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

VS 10 shows that it was not impossible, to receive twice the spiritual authority as his mentor Elijah, the prophet who displayed mightily the power of the Lord in old times. It shows that what was asked for was great, however it could be done.

Psalms 2 says

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

The lord said anything you want, just ask. Your dreams may be great but there is nothing too great for God, nothing he will not give you. Though imagine now having thousands of acres of land, it will need tending to wont it? Or a big business, that will need staff and structure. The dream and desire may be as great as you can fathom however it comes at a price it takes work and responsibility to have it, Galatians 6:5 says let every man bear his own burden in vs 7 it says whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap, this means that even though the dream is free the road is not.

Further on in the book of 2kings we get chapter 13 when Elisha had died that reads

21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.

So what does this tell us, that the power of God so saturated the physical body of Elisha that even his buried bones brought a man back to life! Whoah isn’t that something.

Now this was before Christ came. This was before the devil was defeated, and the new testament was written. As we know Jesus died for our sins, he took all the worlds sin for us and beat the devil. Taking the keys to death and rising as a king!

As jesus said in John 14

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Wow what a statement, whatsoever ye shall ask, in the name of the king of kings our savior Jesus Christ. And greater works than Jesus? Lets read that in NIV 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

So not only can greater works be done but Jesus said will do showing we as Christians are expected to do these works. Wow! Glory to God

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

And what comforter is he referring to here? The Holy Spirit! The power of the Lord! The same spirit that raised the dead, the spirit of God that lives inside every born again Christian… as it says in Romans 8 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

In Matthew 5:6 it says let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your father which is in heaven.

As children we were all asked what we wanted to be when we grow up, and some of us through our lives, what about who you already are! A child of The most high, and what is your purpose here, to build the kingdom of our lord on earth! To be the light of the world and to show the lost the wonderful life in Christ Oh hallelujah, praise the Lord.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have some good words of wisdom here. I love how you talk about how nothing is too great to ask for, but then you have to be able to handle whatever it is you asked for. That's a good thought. :)

Thank God for His grace, which is the supernatural ability to do all the things He asks us to do.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Dylan Robson

Feb 26, 2018
pinetown
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As it says in 2 Peter 1:2TLB 2 Do you want more and more of God’s kindness and peace? Then learn to know him better and better. 3 For as you know him better, he will give you, through his great power, everything you need for living a truly good life: he even shares his own glory and his own goodness with us! 4 And by that same mighty power he has given us all the other rich and wonderful blessings he promised; for instance, the promise to save us from the lust and rottenness all around us, and to give us his own character.

Albert Finch

Apr 13, 2009
Houston, Texas USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus came to earth with the sole purpose of doing the will of His Father. The will of God for OUR OWN LIVES (OUR DESTINY) is central and foundational to our PURPOSE for being here.

It is just as Jesus said, "Abide in Me and let My words abide in you and you shall ask..." Our intimacy with God gives way to heavenly authority in our lives to pray as Jesus asked us to pray, "His Kingdom come and will be done on earth as it is in Heaven..."
God desires His Kingdom to expand through us. As we learn to live as habitations of God, filled with His Presence and glory, His authority will be released through our lives in such a way that a glory atmosphere will be released displacing the works of darkness.

Through being a vessel yielded in intimacy with God, there will be an increased manifestation of the glory of Heaven upon our lives resulting in the blind eyes of others being opened to the reality of God with demonstrations and manifestations of His power.

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." - Revelation 3:20

MOVING ON TO GOD'S HIGH CALLING

We endeavor to lay aside every encumbrance and entanglement that has hindered us in the past and motivate us to move on to God's high CALLING.

"For everyone who keeps on asking receives; and he who keeps on seeking finds; and to him who keeps on knocking, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:8 AMP

We ask God for a revelation of our DESTINY in Christ. We carry the heart of a lion. We are made fearless in His image. We are created for an extraordinary life.
As we pray for an understanding of our CALLING IN CHRIST He opens the door to our future.

Reactions: Helen

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
to receive twice the spiritual authority as his mentor Elijah, the prophet who displayed mightily the power of the Lord in old times. It shows that what was asked for was great, however it could be done.

As you said, it is possible to ask for the power or twice the power of Your mentor. his passage does not promise each of us that power.

The lord said anything you want, just ask. Your dreams may be great but there is nothing too great for God, nothing he will not give you. Though imagine now having thousands of acres of land, it will need tending to wont it? Or a big business, that will need staff and structure. The dream and desire may be as great as you can fathom however it comes at a price it takes work and responsibility to have it

Yes nothing is impossible for God.
But are our dreams what God knows is best for us.

God is not a sugar daddy, granting us all our whims.

Ever read the scarist verse in the bible.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

Read it with your dreams and your present situation in mind.
It doesn't promise you health, or wealth, just that God will use you in the situation he has placed you.
Whether that is in poverty, or in wealth, in a bed of pain and suffering, or in prison for being a Christian.

Dylan Robson

Feb 26, 2018
pinetown
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As you said, it is possible to ask for the power or twice the power of Your mentor. his passage does not promise each of us that power.

Yes nothing is impossible for God.
But are our dreams what God knows is best for us.

God is not a sugar daddy, granting us all our whims.

Ever read the scarist verse in the bible.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

Read it with your dreams and your present situation in mind.
It doesn't promise you health, or wealth, just that God will use you in the situation he has placed you.
Whether that is in poverty, or in wealth, in a bed of pain and suffering, or in prison for being a Christian.

(Healing)Isaiah 53:5 states But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
(Wealth)2 Corinthians 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
God intended for us to live in a divine manner, to be the light of the world and in abundance (matthew5:14)
Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
There are many more but we are essentially supposed to be a blessing to all those around us, so we are given abundance that we may be a blessing. 2 corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.
So not only was health and prosperity promised it was already paid for and given, it is simply by faith that we receive it. As it states it is through lack of knowledge that God's people are destroyed therefore people may believe that they were never meant to live healed of all infirmities or in prosperity, now prosperity doesn't only mean riches it means peace and well being as well translated in certain contexts from the Hebrew word.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am true self that likes to hid behind false self / ego / old man / clothing from the Garden / the mask Jesus doesnt know

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
(Healing)Isaiah 53:5 states But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
(Wealth)2 Corinthians 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
God intended for us to live in a divine manner, to be the light of the world and in abundance (matthew5:14)
Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
There are many more but we are essentially supposed to be a blessing to all those around us, so we are given abundance that we may be a blessing. 2 corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.
So not only was health and prosperity promised it was already paid for and given, it is simply by faith that we receive it. As it states it is through lack of knowledge that God's people are destroyed therefore people may believe that they were never meant to live healed of all infirmities or in prosperity, now prosperity doesn't only mean riches it means peace and well being as well translated in certain contexts from the Hebrew word.

The falicy of the health and wealth gospel is that there are many, many Christians who are poor and very very sick.
This is true today and from a quick skimp through the NT, it was true of the NT time.

What makes the health, wealth and prosperity gospel even more of a blatent false gospel is that it ignores the fact that Jesus never promised us health or wealth. He promised that we would be treated like he was.

Reread yoy verses but see them as Gods spiritual promise fulfilled when we get to heaven, otherwise as a South African go into the townships, find those there who are poor and dyiing of aids etc and start healing them and making them wealthy.

Lets see the news agencies reporting that aids is no longer a major problem in South Africa, that poverty has been done away with.

Proof your claim or admit it is a lie from the devil.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to share something with you all 2 Kings 2:8-15

VS 10 shows that it was not impossible, to receive twice the spiritual authority as his mentor Elijah, the prophet who displayed mightily the power of the Lord in old times. It shows that what was asked for was great, however it could be done.

Does having the Lord display mightily twice than what was done through Elijah, gain him also the reward to be taken up like Elijah was? no, and that is something worth noting for those that wonder if there was a reason why God is not answering all of your prayers.

Psalms 2:8-9 The lord said anything you want, just ask. Your dreams may be great but there is nothing too great for God, nothing he will not give you. Though imagine now having thousands of acres of land, it will need tending to wont it? Or a big business, that will need staff and structure. The dream and desire may be as great as you can fathom however it comes at a price it takes work and responsibility to have it, Galatians 6:5 says let every man bear his own burden in vs 7 it says whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap, this means that even though the dream is free the road is not.

Even the Lord Jesus prayed in the Garden at Gethsemane to have this cup taken away from Him, but nevertheless, He prayed that it be the Father's will, not His own will be done and He was and still is the Son of God.

Further on in the book of 2 Kings 13:21

So what does this tell us, that the power of God so saturated the physical body of Elisha that even his buried bones brought a man back to life! Whoah isn’t that something.

Still, the riddle is why wasn't Elisha taken up like Elijah was, instead of having died when God performed a miracle?

Now this was before Christ came. This was before the devil was defeated, and the new testament was written. As we know Jesus died for our sins, he took all the worlds sin for us and beat the devil. Taking the keys to death and rising as a king!

As jesus said in John 14:12-14

Wow what a statement, whatsoever ye shall ask, in the name of the king of kings our savior Jesus Christ. And greater works than Jesus?

So not only can greater works be done but Jesus said will do showing we as Christians are expected to do these works. Wow! Glory to God

Still tempered with as anything being done by God, it will be done in according to the Father's will, and certainly not our own will.

John 14:15-20

And what comforter is he referring to here? The Holy Spirit! The power of the Lord! The same spirit that raised the dead, the spirit of God that lives inside every born again Christian… as it says in Romans 8 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

In Matthew 5:6 it says let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your father which is in heaven.

Are you suggesting by your taking all of these scriptural references together that we are to show our light before men to see the good works of those mighty manifestations of the Holy Spirit through us by signs and lying wonders so that others may glorify our Father in Heaven in this way?

Well, for many that are disappointed out there for why that is not happening as you have prayed for, it could be that the Lord is keeping the foot of pride away from you. Remember Samson? He had to learn the hard way that he had to decrease so that God may increase in the spotlight.

John the Baptist shared in John 3:28-30 that in witnessing of Him, in serving Him in seeking His glory and not his own ( John 7:18 ), he had to decrease so that He may increase in order to avoid being a false witness.

As children we were all asked what we wanted to be when we grow up, and some of us through our lives, what about who you already are! A child of The most high, and what is your purpose here, to build the kingdom of our lord on earth!

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

To be the light of the world and to show the lost the wonderful life in Christ Oh hallelujah, praise the Lord.

Many believers have gone astray in what they call "movement of the Spirit" thinking that was done by the Holy Spirit when they seek to receive Him again by a sensational sign in the flesh like "slain in the spirit" or "the holy laughter movement" or "Ernest Angeley's Healing Crusade" or "Pensacola Outpouring" or "Toronto's Blessings" or even the "another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues or by a sign of tongues" which never comes with interpretation because none of those things are of Him as they fall down in all of those so called movements of the "Spirit".

Such phenomenon was present in the O.T. and the Jews were warned not to follow after that either as it is of the world as the world sees spirits in receiving them.

Proverbs 25:26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring. 27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory. 28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

God the Father promises us once we had received the Holy Spirit at our salvation, we will know Him by Him dwelling within us forever; not by receiving Him again and again as the world does in receiving other spirits by seeing those spirits received by sensational signs in the flesh.

Believers are to hold fast to the traditions taught of us or repent for chasing after seducing spirits to return to their first love, at the calling of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the only Good News to man, because that is the only time we receive the sanctification of the Spirit at the belief of the truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Time to shun all those signs, including tongues without interpretation for assuming them to be for private use when it is not of Him at all:

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

But if that is not what you are trying to convey, then some clarification is needed, because we are children of God by faith in Jesus Christ Galatians 3:14,26 ) and by showing love for one another is the light of Christ in us that He wants us to shine to the world for men to glorify God by.

Reactions: Philip James

Dylan Robson

Feb 26, 2018
pinetown
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Did you know your words are spiritual law.

Your words hold power

Mark 11:23KJV
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

This shows us that anyone who says anything believing it will have what they say. That applies to everything, good and bad. Look at the people around you who speak consistently positively or negatively. Makes you think a little closer on what you say doesn’t it.

Matthew 12:36 KJV
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

So it isn’t just about the affect it has on your life, God cares about what you say. He wants you to say the right thing. Why? Well, when you speak there are two roads you can take. Faith or fear (fear in the distressing manner not in the God fearing manner). Now you might say you have difficulty with your faith, except faith and fear are really the same thing here. When you speak fearfully whether it be over health or even tomorrows weather in a negative way conflicting with your plans, that’s just faith in the outcome being negative. When you fear something happening to you, that’s your faith in the ability that thing has to affect/harm you.

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

So where does fear come from. Clearly not from God, and being born again it says in

1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

So God and his word are incorruptible and eternal. In the Lord and his word we have power and love, and a sound mind. So we can choose to believe God and refuse to fear. As small as one negative phrase may seem and as insignificant as a little comment may appear when you state out loud that you think you are getting the flu is, it’s not.

Isaiah 53:5 (KJV)
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

So in this specific instance you are saying you don’t believe God, however when you speak in fear you are fueling the deceiver, you are giving him power in your life. When you speak in faith you are putting God’s power to work in your lifes. A match or a spark may seem small and insignificant but ask yourself how many raging fires have started this way. Faith and fear work in the same manner. The one that wins is the one you fuel the most.

So how do you control your words? It says in

James 3:8 (KJV)
But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

So how do you control the words that come out of your mouth? In Matthew 12:24 it states that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

And how do you fuel your faith? It says in

Romans 10:17 (KJV)
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

And no that doesn’t mean that playing it in the background while you carry out your day to day tasks is enough. You can do that, but there is more to it. It says in

Joshua 1:8 (KJV) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Oh glory be to God, this was his plan all along. He wants us to have a prosperous life, now prosperous is not just financial it is successful in all things! Happy and at peace! AND WE ARE GIVEN ALL THE DIRECTIONS TO GET THERE! Wow. Like the seed that landed in good soil Mark 4. Meditating on the word to saturate your heart with the word of God, to saturate your spirit with the word of God to the point that when you speak it will not even be your words that come out of your mouth. It will be God’s words… Words of Power. Words of Love. And it will bring good success to everything in your life.

Prayer

Father I thank you for your word, I thank you for your loving grace and guidance. Lord I pray that you will open the hearts of all of those who hear your word, that they may receive it wholeheartedly. I do not fear and I am not dismayed because I know you are my God, I know you strengthen me and help me. I know you uphold me with your righteous right hand and I live in divine health. I thank you because I know that it is you lord who makes my way straight. To you be all the glory and to you be all the praise. In Jesus name. Amen.

Dylan Robson

Feb 26, 2018
pinetown
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Tha
Does having the Lord display mightily twice than what was done through Elijah, gain him also the reward to be taken up like Elijah was? no, and that is something worth noting for those that wonder if there was a reason why God is not answering all of your prayers.

Even the Lord Jesus prayed in the Garden at Gethsemane to have this cup taken away from Him, but nevertheless, He prayed that it be the Father's will, not His own will be done and He was and still is the Son of God.

Still, the riddle is why wasn't Elisha taken up like Elijah was, instead of having died when God performed a miracle?

Still tempered with as anything being done by God, it will be done in according to the Father's will, and certainly not our own will.

Are you suggesting by your taking all of these scriptural references together that we are to show our light before men to see the good works of those mighty manifestations of the Holy Spirit through us by signs and lying wonders so that others may glorify our Father in Heaven in this way?

Well, for many that are disappointed out there for why that is not happening as you have prayed for, it could be that the Lord is keeping the foot of pride away from you. Remember Samson? He had to learn the hard way that he had to decrease so that God may increase in the spotlight.

John the Baptist shared in John 3:28-30 that in witnessing of Him, in serving Him in seeking His glory and not his own ( John 7:18 ), he had to decrease so that He may increase in order to avoid being a false witness.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Many believers have gone astray in what they call "movement of the Spirit" thinking that was done by the Holy Spirit when they seek to receive Him again by a sensational sign in the flesh like "slain in the spirit" or "the holy laughter movement" or "Ernest Angeley's Healing Crusade" or "Pensacola Outpouring" or "Toronto's Blessings" or even the "another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues or by a sign of tongues" which never comes with interpretation because none of those things are of Him as they fall down in all of those so called movements of the "Spirit".

Such phenomenon was present in the O.T. and the Jews were warned not to follow after that either as it is of the world as the world sees spirits in receiving them.

Proverbs 25:26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring. 27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory. 28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

God the Father promises us once we had received the Holy Spirit at our salvation, we will know Him by Him dwelling within us forever; not by receiving Him again and again as the world does in receiving other spirits by seeing those spirits received by sensational signs in the flesh.

Believers are to hold fast to the traditions taught of us or repent for chasing after seducing spirits to return to their first love, at the calling of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the only Good News to man, because that is the only time we receive the sanctification of the Spirit at the belief of the truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Time to shun all those signs, including tongues without interpretation for assuming them to be for private use when it is not of Him at all:

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

But if that is not what you are trying to convey, then some clarification is needed, because we are children of God by faith in Jesus Christ Galatians 3:14,26 ) and by showing love for one another is the light of Christ in us that He wants us to shine to the world for men to glorify God by.
Thank you for taking the time to reply so extensively to my post. It seems you have a lot of questions, I would be more than happy to talk more with you if it is truly answers you are looking for. It seemed as though many of your replies were more toward statement than question however I am free if you would like to drop me a message or mail. God bless.

Dylan Robson

Feb 26, 2018
pinetown
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The falicy of the health and wealth gospel is that there are many, many Christians who are poor and very very sick.
This is true today and from a quick skimp through the NT, it was true of the NT time.

What makes the health, wealth and prosperity gospel even more of a blatent false gospel is that it ignores the fact that Jesus never promised us health or wealth. He promised that we would be treated like he was.

Reread yoy verses but see them as Gods spiritual promise fulfilled when we get to heaven, otherwise as a South African go into the townships, find those there who are poor and dyiing of aids etc and start healing them and making them wealthy.

Lets see the news agencies reporting that aids is no longer a major problem in South Africa, that poverty has been done away with.

Proof your claim or admit it is a lie from the devil.
I am not entirely sure what you are asking, please forgive me if I am wrong here but are you asking me to prove the word of God? All my Quotes are from scripture directly, you are also welcome to see the amplified as well as message translation if you believe that any of my quoted writing is incorrect. As far as the news comment goes, unfortunately I know there are people who believe that the news depicts the actual status or quality of life in a country that they do not live however I hope that you are not one of them, but it is very likely quite different from what you see on TV. A little research would go a long way in this regard with the likes of Pastor Chris Healing School, Benny Hinn and Kenneth Copeland, who also do healing among many others all over the world. Definitely worth the time looking up. God bless.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not entirely sure what you are asking, please forgive me if I am wrong here but are you asking me to prove the word of God? All my Quotes are from scripture directly, you are also welcome to see the amplified as well as message translation if you believe that any of my quoted writing is incorrect. As far as the news comment goes, unfortunately I know there are people who believe that the news depicts the actual status or quality of life in a country that they do not live however I hope that you are not one of them, but it is very likely quite different from what you see on TV. A little research would go a long way in this regard with the likes of Pastor Chris Healing School, Benny Hinn and Kenneth Copeland, who also do healing among many others all over the world. Definitely worth the time looking up. God bless.

I am challenging you to prove that what you say is true.
The prosperity gospel is a lie of the devil. But if you believe it prove it by making poor people in a township rich.
ditto the health claims, again go into the townships and find those suffering the effects of hiv/aids and heal them.

You are claiming that this is Gods will so instead of acting like the preachers of the prosperity gospel who are rich, but are surrounded by poor people, make the poor around you rich.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The prosperity gospel is a lie of the devil. But if you believe it prove it by making poor people in a township rich.
ditto the health claims, again go into the townships and find those suffering the effects of hiv/aids and heal them.

You are claiming that this is Gods will so instead of acting like the preachers of the prosperity gospel who are rich, but are surrounded by poor people, make the poor around you rich.

When my husband hears them asking for money...and saying -"Give, and God will repay you ten fold.. increase your giving and you'll get more back.."

He says ..Well we can tell they are lying, because IF they believed it , they would give their money to the congregation during " offering time"...and trust the Lord to increase their money tenfold."

But no, they lie, they preach 'faith', but have none. :(

Reactions: Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I must Agree, well said! I accepted the GIFT of Salvation, by the hearing of the Word, unto Faith! OK, and then I was on Fire, to tell everyone, you know, so I watched the, PTL, all the Christian channels, MAN I wanted the word anyway I could get it, and all I got was Sucked In, I would read the NT, and then see nothing that was remotely in tune with the Word. All I can say about these certain Preachers, is beware of what Spirit they are OF! For Satan can appear as a Messenger of light, Paul also stated 2000 yrs ago that he was the god of His age, which I believe satan is today, until all our Gods enemies are made His footstool, Satan was defeated, but he still roams this world seeking whom he may devour!
As to keep within the OP, I am very careful, and cautious about what I see in the Arena of tel-Evangelists. That's Who I Are.

Dylan Robson

Feb 26, 2018
pinetown
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

In Psalms 105 you will read about the slaves, not wealthy people or well taken care of people being lead out of Egypt and not one of them were sick or weak. Imagine that, an entire nation of slaves and no one was ill, and they came out with silver and gold. You can easily have your opinion about preachers as you will anything else but let me ask you this. Would you after reading 3 pages of a 100 page book in your native language feel confident enough to debate this book or would you feel that your opinion of the book would hold any concrete grounding?
That being said is the equivalent to reading 933 bible verses. Now evidently the bible is not the same as a story book. It takes studying to understand it fully. For example, With the torturing of the two slave women that most people just read over does anyone stop to wonder why out of all the accounts of that time why it was noted specifically that they were tortured, slaves were thought very low in those times and so were women so women slaves would have been of very little importance. Or the laws the 10 commandments. From the journey out of Egypt there were a number of times the people murmured among themselves exclaiming that they were brought to die of starvation or thirst and each time God answered with a miraculous demonstration of his love parting the sea, feeding them, making the water sweet. Then everything changed. From Having God in their presence no matter what they did or said helping them every step of the way to: Dont come near the mountain or you'll die. the next time they murmured fiery serpents bit them and people died. Have you ever stopped and asked yourself about what had happened here?
This is why in Ephesians 4:11 it shows how god has given teachers and preachers to the church to teach and to guide the saints. Now I know there are those who are misguided and have ought the wrong things in churches I have seen many that teach their own words instead of the words of God, it's the same in schools where you will have teaching about the peppered moth, hich was forged evidence to prove a theory and then still published in the text books you read after the truth was exposed, or the great historians who were so completely wrong due to their own assumptions. Unfortunately we are not able to control the wrong in the world, what we are able to do however is to study the word which is in a nut shell all that I want to share with you. Hosea 4:6 says it is through lack of knowledge that my people are destroyed. So if you really take the time to study the scriptures, I mean really read them with understanding you will start to see the plan God had and has for his people. You will also see that Jesus, who woke the dead and healed could do very little in his own home town because of their lack of belief. That doesn't mean that he carried any less power it means that their lack of faith and hardened hearts prevented them from receiving it. Healing always comes and faith always comes it is not always recieved. I have seen deaf and blind healed I have seen people with Cancer and Aids, breathing conditions heart conditions all healed. I was one of them who had a skin condition covering my entire body that the doctors could not do anything about I had it for years and it only ever got worse, one day in a church service it just cleared up, by the time I got home it was gone and never came back. My own mother had cancer and a stroke in the space of 2 years if I recall, her entire body save her one hand was paralyzed and she couldn't speak. She runs her own business and is more capable than most of the people I know. At the end of the day it is up to you what you believe and I am happy that you have taken the time to read my posts because I have put them there for everyone to read. Note that even Jesus told his disciples how long must I suffer thee when their lack of faith was evident, remember it also says that without faith it is impossible to please him. God Bless you all.