Why are there so many versions of the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your ignorance is greater than I could imagine.
ignorance

Gen_3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

according to you and al the "bible" is Gods word, God and teh serpent are one and teh same for according to you those words came out of Gods mouth, for how else could it be Gods word????

ignorace is bliss but in christianity it is death.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
ignorance

Gen_3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

according to you and al the "bible" is Gods word, God and teh serpent are one and teh same for according to you those words came out of Gods mouth, for how else could it be Gods word????

ignorace is bliss but in christianity it is death.
You didn't respond to my reply #30...why? Anyone can say things. Defending them is another story.

Had you paid attention to the reply #30 then you would not make such a stupid statement as you just did. You instead ignore reply #30 because you don't have a leg to stand on. How fitting that 'ignore' is the first part of 'ignorance'. Coincidence....I guess.

So, is Gen. 3:1 true? Or are you going to continue to 'ignore' my question.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, is Gen. 3:1 true? Or are you going to continue to 'ignore' my question.
Gen being true does not make teh whole bible God word and you insist that God is a liar and a deceiver, for when the devil speaks it is not God speaking when Paul speks unless it is revelation it is Not God speaking but you insist on putting words into Gods mouth, So according to you we have what?? 44 differnt Gods since that is at ;least the number of version on bibles we have based on 2 different and goodnes know how many other differnt fragments of paper interpreted by man into english that cant even be done correctlly due to language differences. One God one Jesus one spirit over 44 different bible version not all saying the same thing for if they did there would be no need for them. Yes ignorance and no it is not a stupid statement because according to you God spoke every word in the bible if it where not so it wouldnt be Gods word, and again here you are holding onto a book when you could be talking to God and Jesus but just like the "bible " says.

Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

yes teh bible is a wall between man and God, why are so many afraid to talk to Him, is it not about Him and Jesus???

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Stranger said:
koran is a translation of Torah? Your ignorance is greater than I could imagine.

Stranger
yes, but see that i am admitting that already lol. i dunno, maybe i didn't say that right or something. So insert link for the origins of the Qur'an from the OT here, whatever. now all sudden my ignorance has swelled to larger proportions than maybe you were counting on. And you know what, Stranger? It is you that will reap the fruit of this; no one else, ok. You have not even read the Qur'an, and you are passing judgement. You have been pitted against them, and you are funding both sides of perpetual war, ok? Deal with it.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Gen being true does not make teh whole bible God word and you insist that God is a liar and a deceiver, for when the devil speaks it is not God speaking when Paul speks unless it is revelation it is Not God speaking but you insist on putting words into Gods mouth, So according to you we have what?? 44 differnt Gods since that is at ;least the number of version on bibles we have based on 2 different and goodnes know how many other differnt fragments of paper interpreted by man into english that cant even be done correctlly due to language differences. One God one Jesus one spirit over 44 different bible version not all saying the same thing for if they did there would be no need for them. Yes ignorance and no it is not a stupid statement because according to you God spoke every word in the bible if it where not so it wouldnt be Gods word, and again here you are holding onto a book when you could be talking to God and Jesus but just like the "bible " says.

yes teh bible is a wall between man and God, why are so many afraid to talk to Him, is it not about Him and Jesus???
So Genesis is true? And is Genesis the Word of God?

I explained what inspiration of the Bible is in reply #30. Can you read?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
yes, but see that i am admitting that already lol. i dunno, maybe i didn't say that right or something. So insert link for the origins of the Qur'an from the OT here, whatever. now all sudden my ignorance has swelled to larger proportions than maybe you were counting on. And you know what, Stranger? It is you that will reap the fruit of this; no one else, ok. You have not even read the Qur'an, and you are passing judgement. You have been pitted against them, and you are funding both sides of perpetual war, ok? Deal with it.

Deal with it? Ok. Big deal. I deal with it.

It's not that you didn't say the right thing. It is that you don't know what you are talking about. Can you deal with it?

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I explained what inspiration of the Bible is in reply #30. Can you read?
so God inspired teh devl to deceive Jesus?? te hbible does not say teh bible is sinspred, it says scripture is, but you cant tell me which part is scriptue and which is not again all you have to do is have a conversation with God, but you wont because you may find out you are wrong about Him, Or in what is your faith....

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
so God inspired teh devl to deceive Jesus?? te hbible does not say teh bible is sinspred, it says scripture is, but you cant tell me which part is scriptue and which is not again all you have to do is have a conversation with God, but you wont because you may find out you are wrong about Him, Or in what is your faith....
What does Genesis have to do with God inspiring the devil to deceive Jesus?

The Bible is Scripture. Gee, that wasn't hard.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bible does not say that, is it so hard to go to God, or is Jesus so far from you that teh book is better tan teh living word that gives you live, teh only thing tah seperates Christianity from al teh other religions is that we can have a relationship with the Risen living word and God but chritans prefer teh dead letter to Him and get so mad when you suggest that it is possible. But than you dont beleieve it (the bible) do you??

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

that is what Jesus and God gives us but they are discounted as nothing so men can prove there learnedness as if they can figure out God.

1Co_2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

like it says

Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

they have God in ther pocket so they dont need teh living God

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Bible does not say that, is it so hard to go to God, or is Jesus so far from you that teh book is better tan teh living word that gives you live, teh only thing tah seperates Christianity from al teh other religions is that we can have a relationship with the Risen living word and God but chritans prefer teh dead letter to Him and get so mad when you suggest that it is possible. But than you dont beleieve it (the bible) do you??

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

that is what Jesus and God gives us but they are discounted as nothing so men can prove there learnedness as if they can figure out God.

1Co_2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

like it says

Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

they have God in ther pocket so they dont need teh living God
Are those verses the Word of God?

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
no, they are God~Breathed, and useful, but they are not the Word, they are words, and there is a difference. You are at least, what, 5 stages removed from the Word, at the point where you are reading the Book with a broom, a casual, fleshly reading. You might get down to maybe 3 or even 2 stages removed from Word, with a shovel, and now you are talking still translated, but old wine nonetheless, when you have made your own interpretation with the Spirit as your guide using the lexicon of the original language, but by then trust that you are pretty incomprehensible to those who still justify the Book as God, because you cannot get away from "the Word was God," and "the Bible is not God," no matter how much you want to ignore the truth staring you in the face, ok, and i will even go on to say you know what? God does not have a problem with you believing that the Bible is God, as strange as that may sound, now, because God believes all things, being as how God is Love, so He is just going to ask you, "ok, no prob, which translation did you go by?" and They are going to go get that one, and when you explain how it was ok for you to judge, and not be judged, and how you spent your life longing for death because after all, Paul was suicidal, too, there it is, right there, after all, "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord,"

i mean what else could that possibly mean lol, you are going to be condemned by your own God, which is the only God that matters, to you, and that God has no problem with because of course in a sense everything is God, and you are going to know then what it means "Love believes all things," because your beliefs descend from your faith, of course, even though we talk about it the other way around, just like we talk about the day starting at sunup, and every other concept we "know" is anathema to God. As above, so below. Your faith determines your beliefs, your beliefs do not determine your faith, and when you demonstrate that you have not learned this most simple principle, plainly stated in your God, the Bible, in many ways, and that you are convinced, you know, that beliefs are what determines faith, and you know where you are going when you die, well then see how the Bible that you call God, when you call It WORD, is going to become your worst enemy, and not your best friend, Whom you purported to follow ok.

So see that i am condemning you now, in a sense--if any of this pertains to "you," even--and you might get upset with me, or block me, or whatever, but if even one person decides to reflect upon the passages i and others present, which cannot now be answered so as to make any sense, i mean right now i can't even get anyone to quote me after repeating one of them, hardly, it's like i didn't even post, if even one person a year or whatever is led to follow God's Word, which is God, after all, Word = God, and is led to manifest fruit from that, the Pneuma, hot on their necks, trusting that the Bible is their Root, and isn't going anywhere, or being dismissed or anything, heck, It will all resolve, not get even more confusing than It is currently presented, by hypocrites, who cannot regard half of It for the other half, as things currently stand, now can they?

So no, those verse are not Word, and i could show you clearly how they are at least 4th5th generation removed from Pneuma. Easily. 3,4,5 scribes away from God, at least. Doesn't mean They aren't God~Breathed, and useful, ok, not saying that at all.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lets see.

We have one God one Jesus one Holy Spirit who are all in agreement,

Jesus never changes, the Word of God come in the flesh

so if this be the case

which of these version which all differ, for most are copyright and therefore have to be different by "LAW", based on differnt text which do not agree,

which is the word that hasnt changed

King James Version (KJV)
New International Version (NIV)
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
New King James Version (NKJV)
English Standard Version (ESV)
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
New Century Version (NCV)
What is The Voice translation of the Bible?
New English Bible (NEB)
American Standard Version (ASV)
Good News Bible (GNB) / Today’s English Version (TEV)
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Today’s New International Version (TNIV)
New English Translation (NET)
Lexham English Bible (LEB)?
Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
God’s Word Translation (GW)
Common English Bible (CEB)
What is the Recovery Version of the Bible?
New International Readers Version (NIrV)
Easy-To-Read Version (ERV)
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Bible in Basic English (BBE)
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
What is the Modern King James Version (MKJV)?
What is the Modern English Version (MEV)?
World English Bible (WEB)
Revised English Bible (REB)
Jerusalem Bible (JB)
New American Bible (NAB)
The Living Bible (TLB)
The Message (MSG)
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
Wycliffe Bible
Tyndale Bible
Coverdale Bible
Matthew Bible
Great Bible
The Bishops' Bible
Douay-Rheims Version (DRV)
Geneva Bible

and thats teh short list, or which version of God do you serve???

Reactions: bbyrd009

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
mjrhealth said:
Lets see.

so if this be the case

which of these version which all differ, for most are copyright and therefore have to be different by "LAW", based on differnt text which do not agree,

King James Version (KJV)
New International Version (NIV)
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
New King James Version (NKJV)
English Standard Version (ESV)
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
New Century Version (NCV)
What is The Voice translation of the Bible?
New English Bible (NEB)
American Standard Version (ASV)
Good News Bible (GNB) / Today’s English Version (TEV)
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Today’s New International Version (TNIV)
New English Translation (NET)
Lexham English Bible (LEB)?
Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
God’s Word Translation (GW)
Common English Bible (CEB)
What is the Recovery Version of the Bible?
New International Readers Version (NIrV)
Easy-To-Read Version (ERV)
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Bible in Basic English (BBE)
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
What is the Modern King James Version (MKJV)?
What is the Modern English Version (MEV)?
World English Bible (WEB)
Revised English Bible (REB)
Jerusalem Bible (JB)
New American Bible (NAB)
The Living Bible (TLB)
The Message (MSG)
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
Wycliffe Bible
Tyndale Bible
Coverdale Bible
Matthew Bible
Great Bible
The Bishops' Bible
Douay-Rheims Version (DRV)
Geneva Bible

and thats teh short list, or which version of God do you serve???
I'm KJV only.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm KJV only.
even that has words like "church" that is not teh correct translation, and was biased by KJ who wanted it written His way as are all bibles, influenced by the person who wants to get His point acrooss.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
mjrhealth said:
even that has words like "church" that is not teh correct translation, and was biased by KJ who wanted it written His way as are all bibles, influenced by the person who wants to get His point acrooss.
English was simpler when he commissioned the translation.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Lets see.

so if this be the case

How do you know we have one God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit? How do you know Jesus never changes?

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you know we have one God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit? How do you know Jesus never changes?
Why dont you ask Him yourself, He isnt dead?? And if He is your religion is a waste of time. God gave you teh Holy Spirit, why dont you listen to Him. or like some doint beleiev God has anything to say ??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Why dont you ask Him yourself, He isnt dead?? And if He is your religion is a waste of time. God gave you teh Holy Spirit, why dont you listen to Him. or like some doint beleiev God has anything to say ??
I'm asking you. How do you know we have one God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.? You made the statement. Why can't you answer?

You make lots of statements but you can never defend them. Why is that? Why are you unwilling to answer questions about what you say?

Are those verses in your reply #50 the Word of God or not?

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know because I know Him, I know becuase I have being with both of them, I know becuase they Know me and God is my Father and I know them. It is not God that needs teh bible, God gave you everything you need in the Holy Spirit that is given to all men who go to Christ, but men are carnal, we are supposed to be of eh spirit not of the flesh, but men dont believe God, See you limit God who created all things to a book and have made Him impotent through unbelief. As I said before all you have to do is ask HIM. What are you afrad of, you might hear voices in your head??? Id rather that than another part of my anatomy.

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Why are christians so afraid of God

Exo_14:11 And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?
Exo_14:12 Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.

no but one needs to leave egypt behind first.

Status
Not open for further replies.