Why are there so many versions of the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
mjrhealth said:
I know because I know Him, I know becuase I have being with both of them, I know becuase they Know me and God is my Father and I know them. It is not God that needs teh bible, God gave you everything you need in the Holy Spirit that is given to all men who go to Christ, but men are carnal, we are supposed to be of eh spirit not of the flesh, but men dont believe God, See you limit God who created all things to a book and have made Him impotent through unbelief. As I said before all you have to do is ask HIM. What are you afrad of, you might hear voices in your head??? Id rather that than another part of my anatomy.

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Why are christians so afraid of God

Exo_14:11 And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?
Exo_14:12 Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.

no but one needs to leave egypt behind first.
Wahoo!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
I know because I know Him, I know becuase I have being with both of them, I know becuase they Know me and God is my Father and I know them. It is not God that needs teh bible, God gave you everything you need in the Holy Spirit that is given to all men who go to Christ, but men are carnal, we are supposed to be of eh spirit not of the flesh, but men dont believe God, See you limit God who created all things to a book and have made Him impotent through unbelief. As I said before all you have to do is ask HIM. What are you afrad of, you might hear voices in your head??? Id rather that than another part of my anatomy.

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Why are christians so afraid of God

Exo_14:11 And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?
Exo_14:12 Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.

no but one needs to leave egypt behind first.
You deny the Bible, yet you 'know' because of what the Bible says. Everything you're saying you know comes from the Bible, except where you deny the Bible as the Word of God, which is why you keep quoting it. You are a contradiction.

I don't limit God to a book. I give the Book the place that He gives it which is 'The Word of God'.

Why are you quoting Scripture ? What authority does it have that I should believe it?

And why don't you answer my questions?

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No one is saying that the Book is not all It has advertised, S, the point is that the Book is not the Word, the Word is God, and there is a higher authority than the Book iow, which you are manifesting in your inability to even address like half of the Bible, like you cannot address

In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God.

so stop pretending someone is trying to discredit the Book here, when you cannot even face it yourself ok.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
How do you know we have one God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit? How do you know Jesus never changes?

Stranger
I know that your question was not directed to me, but I'll give you an answer from scripture itself and one of the greatest passages to be found in the bible:
7. Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith.
8. Jesus Christ {is} the same yesterday and today and forever.
9. Do not be carried away by varied and strange teachings; for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, through which those who were so occupied were not benefited.
10. We have an altar from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat.
11. For the bodies of those animals whose blood is brought into the holy place by the high priest {as an offering} for sin, are burned outside the camp.
12. Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people through His own blood, suffered outside the gate.
13. So, let us go out to Him outside the camp, bearing His reproach.
14. For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking {the city} which is to come.
Hebrews 13:7-14
This passage from the New Testament book of Hebrews doesn't stand alone, as there are verses in a number of places in both the Old and New Testaments which describe the unchanging character of God. Jesus being the very image of God and having within Him the fullness of the Father, shares in this attribute of eternal unwavering character. A god that changes is certainly not a god worth worship as it would not be trustworthy.
Being fond of the discipline of Astronomy, I appreciate the imagery taken from the heavens that James uses:
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:17
People can love us one day and hate us the next, but God remains the same eternally and He alone is worthy of our trust.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't limit God to a book. I give the Book the place that He gives it which is 'The Word of God'.

Why are you quoting Scripture ? What authority does it have that I should believe it?

And why don't you answer my questions?
I have you cant accept that God doesnt need a book to save man. And i have provoen to you why teh bible cannot possibly be teh word of God as you just stated, He never changes but the bible does and has so it cannot be, even a 2 year old child can understand that. Why do I quote the bible becaue. Yes it actually does have things that God has to say to man, but you will never understand it if you dont gpo to God, it is from Him alone we get revelation which so many deny, and just becuase one sentence may be from God doenst make tehy whole book His word. That is calling Him a liat and a deceiver which chruistians seem to have a great delight in doing, and besides you like so many dont believe God, as I said before He sent us the Holy Spirrt for a reason but He gets left out becuase men are carnal

1Co_3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co_3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

The bible can do nothing for you only Jesus can.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i think that is as much a denial of the Book as saying "I give the Book the place that He gives it which is 'The Word of God'" is. Scripture is your best shot at actually finding the Word, which is God of course, and not the Bible, as It will even tell you. Scripture is how other people reveal themselves to you, in their interpretation. The Bible can do plenty for you, if you read It, and don't let someone else read It for you. If you can't read "THE WORD WAS GOD" in the Bible, and cannot see how THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD makes the Bible into God, then fine, the facts are not going to change, obviously, but saying that the Bible is useless strikes me as pretty ridiculous, wadr--the Bible is not even being acknowledged, if you ask me, and it is the Bible that tells us all those things like "the letter kills, the Spirit brings life," and "A man who is physically uncircumcised, but who fulfills the law, will judge you who are a lawbreaker in spite of having the letter of the law and circumcision," and on and on, the case is made very plain, right in the Book, and you are just going to disqualify yourself, also, if you cannot state your case from the Book, imo

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
The word that was in the beginning, was Jesus who created the universe. Look in genesis, it's not talking about the bible.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

This is Jesus as the word speaking the creation of light and dark.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Where is the beginning? Is it not Genesis?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ya, good luck with that, bro, you are talking to walls, mostly, i guess.
biotheist said:
The word that was in the beginning, was Jesus who created the universe. Look in genesis, it's not talking about the bible.
yes, amen, now go to any pastor, or for that matter 99.9% of Christendom, and repeat that, that the Word is not the Bible, and see how much longer you can even have a conversation, before you start talking English at each other, and speaking in two different languages. I could give you 100:1 odds, and still get rich betting against how seldom a pastor or other Apostate would not pick up his Bible when you say "let's consult the Word."

so, we have an entire nation of people now, all convinced that the Bible is the Word, and it does no good to read the Bible to them, because tares are mind altering, as we have seen, and all you are going to get is this cross-eyed look and a "nuh-uh, and all Muslims are lost, too. So there" from most of them.

And we can plainly read what happens when people are brought to the point where they wish mountains would fall on them, but if we cannot relate that to today, to the FB posts ie "2016 sure sucked," etc, then we are doomed to their fate regardless, whether we make the association or not. Just go visit Detroit, or Flint, MI, no need to go prognosticating about tomorrow, lol, tomorrow is here already.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
bbyrd009 said:
ya, good luck with that, bro, you are talking to walls, mostly, i guess.
yes, amen, now go to any pastor, or for that matter 99.9% of Christendom, and repeat that, that the Word is not the Bible, and see how much longer you can even have a conversation, before you start talking English at each other, and speaking in two different languages. I could give you 100:1 odds, and still get rich betting against how seldom a pastor or other Apostate would not pick up his Bible when you say "let's consult the Word."

so, we have an entire nation of people now, all convinced that the Bible is the Word, and it does no good to read the Bible to them, because tares are mind altering, as we have seen, and all you are going to get is this cross-eyed look and a "nuh-uh, and all Muslims are lost, too. So there" from most of them.

And we can plainly read what happens when people are brought to the point where they wish mountains would fall on them, but if we cannot relate that to today, to the FB posts ie "2016 sure sucked," etc, then we are doomed to their fate regardless, whether we make the association or not. Just go visit Detroit, or Flint, MI, no need to go prognosticating about tomorrow, lol, tomorrow is here already.
Well it has the word's of God in it, but it's not the word that said let there be light. The voice of God might be found in the word's of the bible, but the bible word's didn't create matter and energy.

God did.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bible testifies to God, can you really gain life from the bible itself?
well as you posted, even the bible says that scripture cant give you life, and those where the words that Jesus spoke.Our life is in Him no where else.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But all Scripture is nonetheless God~Breathed, mjr, i think you risk the danger of going too far to suggest that Scripture will ever be violated somehow
Word and Spirit will never violate Law, but create upon It.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
bbyrd009 said:
But all Scripture is nonetheless God~Breathed, mjr, i think you risk the danger of going too far to suggest that Scripture will ever be violated somehow
Word and Spirit will never violate Law, but create upon It.
I think it's inspired.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
oh, i think the difference in Breath and written recoreded words is pretty clear

you already know what the Spirit in your ear is

it is what quickens the room when you dabhar it.

dogs and little kids always gravitate toward the center of these. etc

you already know what stepping out and meeting Him in the Air is like ok.

you already have a relationship with Christ, whoever you are, and you are manifesting it as best you are able every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.