Why Ban Love?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
I just don't understand?? I went to an Atheist forum to try and be a witness you know for Christ. I saw a bad post by a christian that was condemning Atheists to hell telling them they needed to fry, well I was so undone by this That I wanted to go and promote the Love of God and Christ.
My post got banned! do you know what the title was? "God Loves you!" This was my crime I was promoting to Atheists who I referred to as "patrons" To all you patrons who say "God doesn't exist" I told them I says "he does!" and I went on to say not only does he exist but he Loves you incredibly!Does you know about beauty,love, and choice? The beauty of love is that it is by choice. No one can make someone love you you can buy them stuff be nice to them or even give them your heart but you can't make any1 love you it is their choice. No God didn't design a perfect world but there is a perfect one to come he designed everything perfectly to give you the choice of to love him or yes even reject him. He didn't just program us like some software to love him he gave us the hardware to know him and yes have a relationship how powerful! And thus we have the choice to love or lack there of. it's in our hardware but not everyone let's it in their firmware to download into their software(hardware being our soul, software being our hearts, firmware being our mind)God loves us so much he gaves us a choice to love and who to love it's the most beautiful force on the earth everybody wants to be loved and not always do love which is their choice.Show me love and that will show you God give me beauty and I give you the truth of who he isthat we have the freedom of choice to do anything with our life but it is up to you who you choose but he is the one that gave you all the beautiful gifts. God doesn't enjoy our pain, suffering or torment those are not his qualities but he allows them in this life because of sin and we already have a provision for sin so once sin is gone we will live in a perfect world in eternityI continued by saying you can call me a "Lovefreak if you want" but I said I am freaking serious about this God has a plan for your life of "true love without sin" And I told them that Christ gave his life so that we might have life and life indeed and we can spend eternity in heaven with our Savior and and Our God how awesome!I closed by telling them May God bless your life, enrich your soul, free your mind, and make you a new creature in Christ Yashua Amen.May peace be with you always and forever.
This the majority of it. Why would the Atheists ban my post about eternal love and not a a hateful post telling Atheists to go to hell? This just doesn't seem right isn't love the answer???
You have been banned from this forum.Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.
from http://www.atheistforums.com/login.php

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I think in all fairness, maybe you were banned from there because you were invading their turf. As for the person with their hell-fire message, they maybe kept it to support their skewed view that all Christians are this way. They made up their minds otherwise they would not be there. Likewise, an atheist already tried to start stuff on this forum and was warned.Your best hope is if they have a section for religious people to debate or at least communicate with them. (we have a section here for non-Christians, but not all of them are respectful of that.). Otherwise, if there is not such a section, then take a hint. They don't want to hear anything and are looking at life from their own subjective interpretations.

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
I went into an internet gay chat room once and began with something like "Hi, I'm a Christian and I want you to know we're not all gay-bashers"..I got one answer - "**** off"So I did and haven't been back..

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
That does not surprise me. In fact, many in the modern crowd out there think Christians are close-minded and bigoted are the biggest ones themselves, but are too blind to see it. They fit Christians into a preconceived mold.Notice I said "many", because I believe that is true. But maybe not all atheists or homosexuals or whatever think that way. I'll give some the benefit of the doubt and I hope the "many" would learn to do likewise with Christians.

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
hmm I guess the language of love is hard to come by these days...If anything I think the problem is christians that are hypocrites that win all the attention

Leviathan

Jan 18, 2008
Just because it is an atheist website doesnt mean the spirit cant work there. If the sky opened up and jesus descended everyone would see and believe, therefore if a christian has enough passion and love for other people and god to try and spread his word as a minority, i respect him greatly. Because one day we will all believe however for those who do not see the light it may be too late. God says to love everyone no matter what they do. I respect you SpiritSoldier for at least trying to make these people see the light.

Kimshi42

Dec 27, 2007
Of course the Spirit can work there among atheists (or any other nonbelievers. Atheists aren't worse than any other nonbeliever). However, it's easy to understand why they reacted how they did.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
You have done your part, they didn't want to response to God's love or correction. It's not your problem. "If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town." Matt. 10:14 (or website)

Lunar

Nov 23, 2007
(Leviathan;31952)
oh yes of course. Its just a dissapointment that they wont even give god a chance.
While I can't speak for all atheists, I think I can offer a bit of insight having been there and done that before finding Christ. One is that, while plenty of Christians are kind, considerate and tactful (and most atheists do understand this, I assure you!) the ones who show up on message boards tend to be the exception and not the rule. As is frequently the case with anonymity, people posting on internet forums often abandon tact and common decency. Most people posting as Christians that showed up on the atheist forum I went to were bad news - either spam bots, trolls, or militant, fire-and-brimstone types - so I can understand why they'd enact a no-evangelism policy on an atheist message board. I don't think it necessarily speaks of intolerance on their behalf so much as the sad state of internet forums in general.By the way, anonymity also explains why many atheists you encounter on the internet appear to be so confrontational. Religion is a touchy subject, and as such it's one of the best thing for a jerk hiding behind the cover of anonymity to raise hell about. Just as trolls who tactlessly condemn atheists to hell on their own turf aren't representative of the general Christian population, immature 14-year-olds who insult religious people at every opportunity aren't representative of atheists in general either.

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
Thanks guys for helping me to understand. I just don't like when christians get bad raps like we are supposed to be perfect people when we are not. I know that God loves us and how is the world going to know when some Atheists are being condemned to hell and and what they tell them is to be saved is this the message of love? No certainly not the reason why our Savior warned about Hell was out of love for our souls to warn us from death not merely to attain salvation from death but attain life for the spiritually dead There is a difference those that want salvation from death are in "Fear" those that desire "eternal life" are seeing it through the looking glass as half full and they want their cups Full and their lives fullfilled by "eternal life." because that is what we desire most to "really live" which can only happen through God. That's what makes Salvation so grand is it is "Eternal life with God in Christ!" not "Life after death." or "Pardoned from punishment." Those are just the after effects and that should not be our sole purpose but our soul's curtain to love others through Christ.I see today what was talked about by Yashua Love of most growing cold. Two times I have heard from personal relationships who say "I'm Saved." It really bothers me when people say this not because I know their fate but because a proper analysis would be "I have a Savior." or "I will be saved." when you say "I'm saved." That's a lie! Because it is past tense people are pretty muching saying "I'm in heaven." On a further note I hear people say "I'm saved" more than "I love God." but Man do I love the Creator known as YHWH. I want it to emanate my very being "true love." and "love for others." How else can I accomplish this unless for the life of Christ? Well we all know we only get "saved." once when we are in fact "Saved from the wrath to come." Now as for the Atheists I don't hold it against them I think they just need to be reasoned with. After all how can you say "God doesn't exist." and yet "hate his guts at the same time.?" sounds like a paradox to me.

JonJT

Jan 7, 2008
Yeah, usually the judgmental Christians are the ones making all the noise. The accepting and tactful Christians are usually quiet, reserved and only speak about Christ when the listener is open to advice. They don picket soldiers funerals, bash homosexuals or condemn non Christians.With the bigots being the loudest, its no surprise you got the response you did.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
First off great job trying to spread the word of God,But it says in the bible that you can not preach to somebody who does not want to hear it,All you can do in this situation is be a great person and let God shine through your life and make it where people see you as a christian and want to be like you,and have their life changed threw God,I know I have had some personal experience with your situation,being critized by trying to spread the word of God,and it hurts,You have to face that your walk with God may be a lonely one!!!,And when you saw that rude remark from the Christian,they probably kept it because they want to go to hell,But idk why they would!!!

Jan 15, 2008
Or...maybe the fire and brimstone preachers had the right approach. J/k
smile.gif
Spirit Soldier you seem like you really have the issues right with salvation. I have struggled for a couple of years in "works" being raised Catholic and then in "faith" alone going over to protestant. You have really defined something good there S.S. Now I have a Saviour whom shall redeem me, and I have been commissioned to bring others into the fold. In all honesty and to everyone here, I have only recently began to take this seriously. I have always known in my heart but have been in rebellion. I started posting awhile back in a forum called TheHelper.net and realized that all I really want to do is follow Christ. So some of my post there may be unchristian as in the language of some of them, but those postings led me eventually to this forum and now I am trying my best to serve with a faithful and loyal heart. That said I bring up this other forum because I have entered into a few threads where people are willing to talk about Christ, however, most are in opposition and the ones that are not seem to me to be cold or unbelieving. You are respectful enough to not get banned or threads closed then here you may have a chance at planting some seeds. The thread that I am currently working in is this one. Although I feel much of it has been vain arguments which we are not to enter. Maybe you can take a look and shine some light in there if it is placed on your heart to do so. I feel that right now that there is too much strife in that thread but if you sign up you could create any thread in General Discussion. I am thinking of starting a thread there on Christianity. Anything there seems to lite up pretty quickly when involving religion. There are a lot of atheist there that use to be Christian. Anyways I feel if I continue it's only vanity of words so I'm sure you'll figure everything out for yourself.

Lunar

Nov 23, 2007
(SpiritSoldier;32032)
Now as for the Atheists I don't hold it against them I think they just need to be reasoned with. After all how can you say "God doesn't exist." and yet "hate his guts at the same time.?" sounds like a paradox to me.
Again, I don't think this is what atheists believe. I think they will all say God exist, and some might hate the idea of God, or hate what people do in the name of God. Most just don't believe, and that's that; I don't think very many struggle with the "paradox" you've presented.