Why be a Christian??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know the bible seems like its a book of sacrifice and blood offerings including Jesus before the resurrection..I have seen wondrous things that I thought were god..to then have god not be there the next day for me...I still find peace in meditation however, Either way I am still spiritual.

Bless you!

Your honesty is a door way to the vulnerability God wants from you

Christianity is merely learning how to love in the midst of unfairness and pain - loving despite human justice. which is always injustice

Bless you!!!!

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
I don't know the bible seems like its a book of sacrifice and blood offerings including Jesus before the resurrection..I have seen wondrous things that I thought were god..to then have god not be there the next day for me...I still find peace in meditation however, Either way I am still spiritual.

The sacrifices and offerings all pointed forward to when Jesus would come and be the ultimate sacrifice for our sin. Now you're probably wondering why so much blood? Blood was required because life is in the blood. Blood is life.

Spiritual doesn't mean a thing in the end. Wonderous things don't always mean God is there. In the Bible, Elijah was surrounded by a fire, a raging wind, and an earthquake. But God wasn't in any of those mighty and frightening things. He was a still small voice. Often, the things God uses are not the big and amazing, but the small and barely-noticed things. A flower, a bug, they point to a Creator.
Almost right is always wrong. You need to know for sure about who God is. If you desire the truth earnestly enough, God will lead you to it :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem for many aspen2 is that people dont love God, only their neighbour despite God and according to what they see as loving their neighbour.
One of the best books of the Bible to see this is Judges. In Judges the people had no King and thus they did as they saw fit. What they saw fit was often detestable to God. So they had what loked like religion, the levite priests and the temple stuff, but their worship was not according to God.

Matt 25:31-46

brodav9

Dec 26, 2011
Sylacauga Al. U.S.A.
The terrible bloody mess that will shock a person is that which should cause them to understand the terrible punishment Jesus had to endure in order that we wouldn't be punished for sin. By the way it appears that you haven't heard about Jesus resurection which is the joy of knowing his victory gives us victory to know we will be resurected also. first if our body is in the ground and second if we are alive we will be caught up. That is the good news which comes after the bad news. Jesus doesn't want people to dwell on his death as much as his life for he really isn't dead, do you see that. Jesus has been risen for over a 2,000 years, he also is not a baby infant but a God man. The gospel of the kingdom is not morbid but good news. He is alive.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Stalinism has actually saved more lives then you think. Black people would be lynched all the time in America if it wasn't for stalin. Thank god for stalin. Remember it was hitler that broke his pact with stalin..In fact german christian Protestant's started a huge battle against the Cathlic church which they still fight till this day.
I am looking in to the Nazi thing and have found out that Hitler was not against the blacks so much as we have been lead to believe as a lot of the stuff directed at the Germans was and is a lot of propaganda and stupid foolish lies.
I was looking at a WV history book and i seen a photo of this full on black man in full Nazi uniform standing next to Hitler and they were looking at a model of a VW Beetle and i thought this can't be right ?
Turns out there were many blacks that suported Hitler. and 150000 Jews were serving and there were 1200 Jewish officers, 2 Jewish field marshals, 15 Jewish Generals, 2 full Generals, 8 lieutenant Generals, 5 Major Generals, and 182 Ordinariest Jewish police of the prison camps.

InHisGrace07

Jul 4, 2012
Well besides the obvious and explainable things like maybe god is there sometimes.. or he just magically appeared the other day and told me something..also besides looking at the negative in people....tell me why be a christian? Now before you start to say that I am a sinner and this and that.. you should realize that organized religion has killed more people then any other groups in the world! You should also realize that some people still, till this day view Jesus Christ as the devil himself. I still have some apprehensions about kids being force fed some of the teachings...this is because of the bloody aspect of Christ's crucifixion. Tell me, why believe in Christ?

Organized religion hasn't killed anyone! It is the plague of IGNORANCE that kills and destroys the lives of so many. I personally know individuals who have shared w/me what their pastors are teaching them as doctrine and truth, much of it being contrary to the the word of God, and they accept it as truth simply because their pastor said so and not because his words were confirmed by the word of God.

There are so many passing off their version of the Gospel or truth, w/so many eating it up! Why? Because so many are sadly bible illiterate and ignorant to seeking and knowing truth for themselves.

Why Christianity? Because there is no other God that loves, heals, restores and saves like MY JESUS! When I pray, no other God answers, but my God. When I cry out, no other God comforts me like my God. When the enemy comes against me, it is only by the authority given me, in the name of Jesus Christ that he flees.

And because it wasn't until I encountered My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ that I learned how to rightly forgive and love others even when they didn't deserve it, freeing me of fear, bitterness and regret in life. Allowing me to persevere, succeed, and be a blessing in the lives of others.

Because is good and there is no other like Him. Glory be to His name!