Why belief in a god is an unfalsifiable claim that serves no purpose

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s funny how every religious follower thinks like an atheist when it comes to every other religion but their own.
That proves very little. The masses are not lead by the masses, but by the few.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The proof of God, is that sin has been paid for.

To the atheist, Jesus looked like the best kind of atheist, on the cross - but He died.

Now it's just a matter of the atheist exchanging his disbelief, for the resurrection - because the sacrifice that was made for atheists, lived again.

Because of Jesus, the atheist can be less atheist - if there was no "God", that would never happen.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, so now you see how ridiculous and obnoxious the idea of a winged rabbit is? That’s exactly how we atheists feel about God. You don’t think it’s a bit arrogant to reduce the universe to only two potential explanations as being either created by a god or completely random? There is so much to learn, for all we know, there could be some other species much more advanced than us who’s already got it figured out.
If there are other species on other planets surely there could be a flying rabbit as well.

Hmm an advance being might not even need a body for consciousness.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Education should not be confused with indoctrination. The Catholic Church was the strongest advocate of their version of education.
And that’s a GOOD thing, especially when it comes to science . . .

Catholic Priest
, Monseigneur Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître, the who first proposed the Big Bang Theory.
You need to remember that it was the Catholic Church that founded the first University system.
The Church is also responsible for the first Hospitals.

Since the Middle Ages, Catholicsclergy and laity - have been responsible for some of history’s most significant scientific contributions, such as:
  • William of Ockham (c.1288–c.1348) – Franciscan Friar known for the mathematical principle, Ockham's Razor
  • Thomas Bradwardine (c.1290–1349) – Archbishop and one of the discoverers of the Mean Speed Theorem.
  • Jean Buridan (c.1300–after 1358) – French priest who developed the Theory of Impetus.
  • Nicole Oresme (c.1320–1382) – 14th century bishop who theorized the daily rotation of the earth on its axis differentiation, the concept of infinity, and the Binomial Theorem.
  • Nicolaus Copernicus (1473–1543) – First person to formulate a comprehensive heliocentric Cosmology.
  • Christopher Clavius (1538–1612) – Jesuit who was the main architect of the Gregorian Calendar.
· Galileo Galilei (1564–1642) – Father of Modern Science
· Francesco Lana de Terzi (1631–1687) – Jesuit priest who has been called the Father of Aeronautics.
  • Jean Picard (1620–1682) – French priest and Father of Modern Astronomy in France
· Louis Pasteur (1822–1895) – Father of Bacteriology.
· Mary Celine Fasenmyer (1906–1996) – Roman Catholic sister and mathematician, founder of Sister Celine's Polynomials.
· Gerty Cori (1896–1957) – Biochemist who was the first American woman to win a Nobel Prize in science (1947)

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Saw this and thought of you @Romanov2488. Hope it helps.

1668826803434.jpeg

“As a Christian, I can’t prove it to you. The Bible is the word of God, I admit that’s where I start from.” Problem is, all of these people who ultimately say they cannot prove God, talk as if there is evidence and proof, they outright claim there is evidence. Why does it always boil down to, “I cannot prove it?” If someone comes up to you on the street and says you won a million dollars, will you not ask for proof at the very least? I understand why Bill Nye is looking at him the way he is in that photo. I am told my mind is made up no matter what as an atheist, however the minds of many Christians are made up despite the evidence such as Ken himself who clearly said he could never be convinced otherwise. If Ken Hams was a single individual in a secular world, he would be put inside a mental health institution. But because there are many others like him who believe the same, it somehow gives them respectability.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” Christopher Hitchens.

Last edited:

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A step by step guide to becoming an atheist:

1. Think about any religion other than your own
2. Think about three reasons that you don’t believe that religion to be true
3. Apply those reasons to your own religion

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good luck with that.
Similar website has been given to him before.
He has made up his mind a long time ago.
Stay glued to CHRIST my friend . Lift those hands up and let the glorious LORD be praised .
There is ONE GOD and only ONE way to GOD , CHRIST JESUS . Let us hold fast to our profession

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And that’s a GOOD thing, especially when it comes to science . . .

Catholic Priest
, Monseigneur Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître, the who first proposed the Big Bang Theory.
You need to remember that it was the Catholic Church that founded the first University system.
The Church is also responsible for the first Hospitals.

Since the Middle Ages, Catholicsclergy and laity - have been responsible for some of history’s most significant scientific contributions, such as:
  • William of Ockham (c.1288–c.1348) – Franciscan Friar known for the mathematical principle, Ockham's Razor
  • Thomas Bradwardine (c.1290–1349) – Archbishop and one of the discoverers of the Mean Speed Theorem.
  • Jean Buridan (c.1300–after 1358) – French priest who developed the Theory of Impetus.
  • Nicole Oresme (c.1320–1382) – 14th century bishop who theorized the daily rotation of the earth on its axis differentiation, the concept of infinity, and the Binomial Theorem.
  • Nicolaus Copernicus (1473–1543) – First person to formulate a comprehensive heliocentric Cosmology.
  • Christopher Clavius (1538–1612) – Jesuit who was the main architect of the Gregorian Calendar.
· Galileo Galilei (1564–1642) – Father of Modern Science
· Francesco Lana de Terzi (1631–1687) – Jesuit priest who has been called the Father of Aeronautics.
  • Jean Picard (1620–1682) – French priest and Father of Modern Astronomy in France
· Louis Pasteur (1822–1895) – Father of Bacteriology.
· Mary Celine Fasenmyer (1906–1996) – Roman Catholic sister and mathematician, founder of Sister Celine's Polynomials.
· Gerty Cori (1896–1957) – Biochemist who was the first American woman to win a Nobel Prize in science (1947)
“The Catholic Church was the first of this and that”…until I introduce a Protestant. They will only unite against an atheist, but when left alone…they’re heretics to one another. It’s funny how religions cause so much division between one another and within.

Have you ever seen atheists argue over who believes in God the least? Christians don’t believe in 2,699 Gods and I don’t believe in 2,700..they’re almost as atheistic as I am.

Last edited:

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
:) Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Reactions: Wrangler

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
:) Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Just to be clear, I never said there is no God. I said there is no evidence of one. I ask for evidence and what do I get? The run-around.

“Your criteria for evidence is flawed”
“God doesn’t have to prove himself”
“I cannot prove God exists”

If I ask you to show me proof of a tree, you can point to it. You don’t have to say that the tree has nothing to prove and that my request is flawed. Oh, “There is a god, you just can’t see him like you can see a tree”, then what’s the point? We can’t get anywhere talking about an unfalsifiable claim all day long

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A step by step guide to becoming an atheist:

1. Think about any religion other than your own
2. Think about three reasons that you don’t believe that religion to be true
3. Apply those reasons to your own religion
A step-by-step guide to becoming a Christ follower. 30-Day Challenge.
  1. Devotional Reading. Begin every day in prayer. Sincerely ask the Spirit of God to give you the wisdom to learn from the reading what He wants you to get out of the Holy words before you.
  2. Ask practicing Christians to witness to you. Ask that they share their testimony of how Jesus changed their lives.
  3. Test Biblical principles. Alter every interaction you have during this 30-Day Challenge with each moment and person. Begin with humility and gratitude toward God and his creation and apply the rest of the Spirit's fruit, e.g., love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
    • Pray throughout the day constantly for the divine intervention to apply this Spiritual fruit as he prompts you.
Report back to this forum the results of your challenge.

Reactions: Triumph1300

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I never said there is no God. I said there is no evidence of one.
that's just another way of saying there is none

There is a god, you just can’t see him like you can see a tree
I would say the same :)
you cannot easily see him even if you wanted to
you first need to sincerely comply before you can see him with your hearts not eyes for you to see him with your eyes you need to die

James 2:19 You believe that God is one. You do well. The demons also believe, and shudder.

the demons tremble because they can see God

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's just another way of saying there is none
I’ve pointed this out to him several times. He thinks of himself as a skeptic, hiding from the burden of decision but is really an Atheist. He plays word games with this.

I told him that he is drowning in evidence and is willfully ignorant. We need to pray for him.

• Haha
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to be clear, I never said there is no God. I said there is no evidence of one. I ask for evidence and what do I get? The run-around.
That is not accurate. You said:
So what is the point of claim which cannot be falsified? There’s none. It’s completely open ended because it can’t be proven nor disproven. This is why science and religion are actually diametrically opposed. God can’t be put under a microscope or test tube. The idea of a god is useless in science given the scientific method. It is also fallacious to infer that God exists by observing “his creation”. What could the creation ever know about the creator given that creation is limited? It’s a contradiction that just doesn’t get admitted to.
… which is NOT “asking for evidence”, rather it is a clear rejection of the possibility of both God and evidence of God.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“The Catholic Church was the first of this and that”…until I introduce a Protestant. They will only unite against an atheist, but when left alone…they’re heretics to one another. It’s funny how religions cause so much division between one another and within.

Have you ever seen atheists argue over who believes in God the least? Christians don’t believe in 2,699 Gods and I don’t believe in 2,700..they’re almost as atheistic as I am.
If time and death ultimately prove Theists correct and Atheists incorrect, I hope you will still be just as BOLD in denouncing the Creator as you are in life. Hypocrisy is always so unbecoming.

When I followed Nihilism and pondered the astronomical improbability of an afterlife, I at least acknowledged that I would rightly belong in a “hell” with all of the other beings that rejected a creator so indifferent towards its creation … such a “god” should be opposed. I would not add hypocrisy to my other choices. Own your choices.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WRONG.
First fall - Catholics don't see Protestants as "heretics". The actual definoition of a heretic is a CATHOLIC who redpudiates a doctriinal position of the faith. The Protestant Fathers were considered heretics because they were originally CATHOLIVCS.

Secondly - Catholics and Protestants unite on MANY things, including matters of science, care for the sick and homeless, protecting the unborn, veteran's affairs, etc. , as well as many doctrinal positions.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“Your criteria for evidence is flawed”
“God doesn’t have to prove himself”
“I cannot prove God exists”

If I ask you to show me proof of a tree, you can point to it. You don’t have to say that the tree has nothing to prove and that my request is flawed. Oh, “There is a god, you just can’t see him like you can see a tree”, then what’s the point? We can’t get anywhere talking about an unfalsifiable claim all day long
I already explained the "evidence" issue.

The deficit is yours. In order to receive the overwhelming amount of evidence of God, you need to be born of Him. If you are not, you are blind to the evidence--because it is on a higher plane than the one you exist on.

But let me ask you... Is this how you approach everything you never knew before, by denying it, by being critical of those that know before you know, and rationalizing your lack of knowledge?

Reactions: Wrangler