Why Christians Disagree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know.

My question to you is why should a god exist instead of nothing?

A circular question.

Not "should" something exist, but rather "does" something exist.

You are evidence unto yourself, of existence.

Things you see are evidence, of existence.

Things you feel but can not see, are evidence, unto yourself that unseen things exist.

Things you claim as yours, but that you have never seen, are evidence unto yourself that unseen things exist.

You want evidence God exists. Correct?

Can you "first" state WHY, you do "Not", believe "God exists" ?

What 'kind' of evidence do you want that 'God exists' ?

Glory to God,
Taken

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do atheists believe in demons? Just curious...do they seek help through psychics? Do atheists do anything like meditate...ying-yang....do atheists seek a deeper understanding of humanity through science?
My point in asking these questions is I find that a majority of atheists seek alternative sources to help them discover the meaning of life...which in some circles it is referred to as seeking a higher power...well in any case whatever becomes your higher power becomes your god....IMO.

Reactions: Dan57

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am new here. Hope to stay a while.

My question to Christians is why do Christians disagree on so much? I hear Christians say all the time that god speaks to them. If this is true, why would he not say the same thing to each person and clear up the differences in biblical interpretation? It even goes to the core of the gospel, how people are saved.
You're going to see these types of differences until you look at the Reformed side of the aisle. Reformed theology holds to a consistent hermeneutic. I'd suggest you listen to Dr. James White from www.aomin.org. Many of his debates may interest you, help you &c. His teaching will help you put things together. White has a podcast as well.

Who knows, you may in the end be one whom God is speaking of in 2 Peter 3:9.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me that only James White would recommend James White.....everyone else knows he declares victory in every debate and fixes his debate script to reflect this, right James?

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Can you "first" state WHY, you do "Not", believe "God exists" ?

What 'kind' of evidence do you want that 'God exists' ?
I Do not state that god does not exist. My position is I don’t know. Until I find sufficient evidence to believe I will remain in the I don’t know camp.

I don’t know what evidence I would need but I bet if god existed as you say he would know.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I Do not state that god does not exist. My position is I don’t know. Until I find sufficient evidence to believe I will remain in the I don’t know camp.

I don’t know what evidence I would need but I bet if god existed as you say he would know.
I guess if "He" were a person maybe, ya lol. But fwiw there is no Ego present, God does not have a soul, or a robe, or a beard, etc. God is Spirit, no different from a spirit that you might manifest into a room, or one you might detect if you pause to "take the temperature" of a room imo, if you get the phrase?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That’s not atheism, that’s agnosticism. This word is derived from a Greek word which we use today that implies ignorant

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Do not state that god does not exist. My position is I don’t know.

Until I find sufficient evidence to believe I will remain in the I don’t know camp.

Okay, then start with what evidence you do believe.

Like ... the World. Do you know what the world is? And do you believe it exist?
Where did it come from?
And Who, if anyone claims credit for having created and made the world?

Taken

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States

You've described yourself as being Agnostic instead of an Atheist.. Atheism rejects the existence of any God/gods, while Agnosticism is in the "I don't know" camp. That's an honest answer that everyone shares, when push comes to shove, none of us know anything for certain.

There is no tangible evidence that provides undisputed proof that any belief is true.. If there were, it wouldn't be a belief, but a known fact. As for Christianity, Christ called everyone to come by faith, and Paul reiterated it "The just shall live by faith" (Galatians 3:11). Therefore, while I can try to articulate what I believe, I could never substantiate it to the satisfaction of a nonbeliever. I personally believe that there is prophetic, archeological, and historical evidence, along with the written testimony of witnesses, but for those seeking proof beyond doubt, all such evidence will not suffice.
People want the bible proven, but consider that despite all of the human progress and scientific advancements over the millennia, and yet a book written by a bunch of unsophisticated sheepherders 2000-3500 years ago, still can't be proven false. Neither the believer or the atheist can meet any burden of proof. Paul said; "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20). That's enough evidence for me, seeing everything working in synchronization and natural harmony confirms a creative force, and not some spontaneous accident.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t hate god, I am not angry at god, I am just looking for sufficient evidence he exists.

I would never punish my child in hell for anything they did to me. You wouldn’t either. You would Not write rules for one of your children to enslave the other. If he exists then you and I have superior morals anyway.
First...realize that you are the child here. Thus, reasoning with you cannot be on your terms, but on God's. Therefore, I am not asking you how you see things, nor does it matter - you are a child and don't understand, and if you need to mature before you do, nothing will be conclusive about this particular conversation until you can handle it - you're a babe.

You can say you don't hate God, but you are acting like it.

God is not punishing you in hell, you took a swan dive into it, and He is attempting to show you the error of your ways. Pay attention.

The rules are not rules, they are consequences, imposed by you, not Him. Again, He is trying to give you recourse.

You being wrong about everything does not mean you have superior morals. It means you haven't got a clue...and to top it off, you have an attitude and it is getting in the way of you being able to listen and see clearly.

You need to grow up. It may take years. But standing over your crib telling you the truth is only so effective.

Get it goo goo head?

Probably not.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have many times. There is no evidence god exists in the book of Job. Also, you need to provide evidence the Bible is the word of god.

If this is what you believe..then go with that then.

Why even bother to try and disprove God that you don't believe in! Why even worry about some people believing that the bible is truth.
If none of it is true...why concern yourself with it?

Unless you were a horrid child and at age 6 went around making sure that none of the kids at school got excited about Christmas..and told them there was no Santa.
So, is your crusade to make sure that one one in the world believes in Christmas any more...
No God = No Christmas.
You must be a right old Grinch. :(

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First...realize that you are the child here. Thus, reasoning with you cannot be on your terms, but on God's. Therefore, I am not asking you how you see things, nor does it matter - you are a child and don't understand, and if you need to mature before you do, nothing will be conclusive about this particular conversation until you can handle it - you're a babe.

You can say you don't hate God, but you are acting like it.

God is not punishing you in hell, you took a swan dive into it, and He is attempting to show you the error of your ways. Pay attention.

The rules are not rules, they are consequences, imposed by you, not Him. Again, He is trying to give you recourse.

You being wrong about everything does not mean you have superior morals. It means you haven't got a clue...and to top it off, you have an attitude and it is getting in the way of you being able to listen and see clearly.

You need to grow up. It may take years. But standing over your crib telling you the truth is only so effective.

Get it goo goo head?

Probably not.
The vast majority of people in this world live in a deluded state. This is the reason for all of the addictions man has turned too instead of Christ. Only God can and will open eyes to this truth, this isn’t the paradise man seems to believe it is. It’s all founded in decay.

Reactions: ScottA

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Do atheists believe in demons?

No, they don't believe in anything spiritual or divine, just what's physically obvious.. If they can't see, touch, or hear it, they don't believe it. But I agree, when someone rejects belief, they are constantly looking for answers..

The real question is; Why are we called by faith instead of proof?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, they don't believe in anything spiritual or divine, just what's physically obvious.. If they can't see, touch, or hear it, they don't believe it. But I agree, when someone rejects belief, they are constantly looking for answers..

The real question is; Why are we called by faith instead of proof?
Agree....so to debate spiritual knowledge against the physical knowledge is useless.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time to ask @Vince to prove God doesnt exist. ...so what is your proof there is no God?