Why Christians Disagree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. I really have no issue with this as long as christian scientists use scientific principles instead of the bible. There have been many christian scientists that were in error because they tried to conform science to the bible. They could not follow the evidence because it contradicts the bible. See intelligent design, creationism etc.

If you have evidence that contradicts the Bible, then you have a lack of evidence. Science and the Bible will never contradict because God is the Creator, and the Author of the Bible.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not true. You are changing what I said, refuting that and then claiming victory. I have never asked for proof.

I have already 'proved' to you that if you ask for evidence you ask for proof. I haven't changed anything.

Stranger

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Your challenge and questions are empty. And you have been given answers. But, you don't like them...do you?

Yes, you come to mock. You're not foolin anyone. We have seen your kind over and over again.

Stranger
I don't have to like the answers. It is not up to you to decide if the answers are sufficient for me, it is up to me. All your answers come down to I believe because I believe or someone else believes. Not convincing.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Some can't take having their religion and ideas questioned to them it is the worst thing ever.
I think many theists don't like not having an answer. "I don't know" is not acceptable to them.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have to like the answers. It is not up to you to decide if the answers are sufficient for me, it is up to me. All your answers come down to I believe because I believe or someone else believes. Not convincing.
Yet, you quote "scientists" at every turn to validate your beliefs of what they have told you is so. LOL If you are going to object, at least be real about it.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Yet, you quote "scientists" at every turn to validate your beliefs of what they have told you is so. LOL If you are going to object, at least be real about it.
I have explained this before. Scientists have evidence for what they believe and I may not understand the science exactly but I do understand the process to which they come to conclusions and the effect of those conclusions. I don't have a detailed understanding of how a 747 flies, but I know that pilots, engineers, scientists, technicians etc. do. The statistics show that a 747 is a reliable form of transportation over a long period of time. So I have a lot of evidence to look at to believe that a 747 will get me somewhere by flying safely even though I don't understand how the plane flies in great detail. With god I have not seen the same amount of evidence to believe.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know, and you don't like the answers. Sure it is up to me. I know more about God than you. Or are you saying other wise? See how foolish a statement that is. That is proof itself you do not want answers. You are asking questions to further your atheistic agenda that proves God is to be doubted, the faith of the believer is to be doubted.

Again, you're not foolin anyone.

Stranger

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have explained this before. Scientists have evidence for what they believe and I may not understand the science exactly but I do understand the process to which they come to conclusions and the effect of those conclusions. I don't have a detailed understanding of how a 747 flies, but I know that pilots, engineers, scientists, technicians etc. do. The statistics show that a 747 is a reliable form of transportation over a long period of time. So I have a lot of evidence to look at to believe that a 747 will get me somewhere by flying safely even though I don't understand how the plane flies in great detail. With god I have not seen the same amount of evidence to believe.
At least you seem to have a beginning of understanding what "faith" is.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Who said I believe in big foot? Go ahead with your next question. This is an old game.

Stranger
I am just redefining your definition of god to mean your god is big foot. See I can change the meaning of the word you use also. I can't believe you believe in big foot. Its the same game you are playing.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am just redefining your definition of god to mean your god is big foot. See I can change the meaning of the word you use also. I can't believe you believe in big foot. Its the same game you are playing.

I never said I believed in big foot. When you change the subject matter, all changes.

Stranger

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
At least you seem to have a beginning of understanding what "faith" is.
Yes it is belief without sufficient evidence. We can quibble on whether I have faith that the plane will fly when I get on it but I have a great amount of evidence that it will, very little for gods existence.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with Bigfoot.....