Why Christians Disagree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JMHO here but, how can a worldly view EVER discern the things of the Spirit?? It is impossible. They are in opposition to one another.

It’s true. But we, as Christians, do an awful job of showing the world the whole point of God’s interaction with us, which is to transform us into perfect instruments of his love. It really is a tough situation because so many of us do not even understand that love is the entire point and the people who do understand struggle with doing it.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s true. But we, as Christians, do an awful job of showing the world the whole point of God’s interaction with us, which is to transform us into perfect instruments of his love. It really is a tough situation because so many of us do not even understand that love is the entire point and the people who do understand struggle with doing it.

You got that right. Way too many Christians do not know or don't understand (is seems) the "kind" of love Christ is speaking of... Agape! Sacrificial, no matter how small the act...letting somebody cut in front of you waiting in traffic. Being kind and thoughtful of those around you, letting someone else have that last doughnut! SIMPLE STUFF!! That is my view anyhow :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, if we can practice love behind the wheel, we can do it anywhere

Yes. It seems so impersonal when someone is surrounded by a big hunk of metal...road ragers act as if the person is not even a human being! Sad stuff. One of my brothers is a bit of a hot head behind the wheel. I told him I would not drive with him anymore after a particularly harrowing experience with him! Lol...he has calmed down since...Thank God!

Reactions: Willie T and Helen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I decided to drive purposefully and not to get angry when I was driving when I was 25 and I was able to create good habits. I do not drive anymore, but when I used to drive, I was able to be courteous for the most part.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I decided to drive purposefully and not to get angry when I was driving when I was 25 and I was able to create good habits. I do not drive anymore, but when I used to drive, I was able to be courteous for the most part.

Makes all the difference. Why hurry up to the next red light? It makes one look kind of foolish when the one NOT speeding coasts past you as you are stopped at the light that just turned green. lol. Hey, ya never know...if we are patient, even though it might be a bit frustrating at times....how do we know that God is keeping us from an accident about to happen if we speed, or run a light?

Reactions: Willie T and aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was a youth pastor for several years when I was in my late twenties and a van load of my high school kids were driving and needed to turn left at an uncontrolled intersection and I let them turn in front of me, not knowing it was my kids.

Later one of them told me that they had been waiting for awhile to turn and then they saw me and one person in the car said “hey it’s my youth pastor - he will let us turn” - you never know who you are interacting with! I was just glad I didn’t ignore them

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was a youth pastor for several years when I was in my late twenties and a van load of my high school kids were driving and needed to turn left at an uncontrolled intersection and I let them turn in front of me, not knowing it was my kids.

Later one of them told me that they had been waiting for awhile to turn and then they saw me and one person in the car said “hey it’s my youth pastor - he will let us turn” - you never know who you are interacting with! I was just glad I didn’t ignore them

Awesome...and you are correct...we do not know who we are always interacting with...could be angels in human form too!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians disagree because we think we are right. Of course, every time we insist on our point of view on the Truth, we are eating from the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil again. Christ calls us out of that dualism and commands us to love one another - it is love that cuts across all disagreements and false morality.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians disagree because we think we are right. Of course, every time we insist on our point of view on the Truth, we are eating from the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil again. Christ calls us out of that dualism and commands us to love one another - it is love that cuts across all disagreements and false morality.

Aww, c'mon Ron, that is just too simple! LOL!!! Well put.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You got that right. Way too many Christians do not know or don't understand (is seems) the "kind" of love Christ is speaking of... Agape! Sacrificial, no matter how small the act...letting somebody cut in front of you waiting in traffic. Being kind and thoughtful of those around you, letting someone else have that last doughnut! SIMPLE STUFF!! That is my view anyhow :)
women just seem to get it easier than men too I guess. Overcoming a Hegelian upbringing is really hard for a guy, who is (poorly) tasked with the role of "provider."

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
by changing your mind?

The first to tell his side in court seems right, until another comes and examines him

Love believes all things

see how simple it is to make Christians think belief = faith, and then change Beliefs into "Absolute Truths" as a counterfeit for "keeping the faith." And all you have to do then is ignore the same Scriptures he ignores, and voila I guess. May as well be singing When We All Get to Heaven

My faith and belief will go no where...been there and, He never stopped nagging my heart. I just wanted TRUTH. He has done so many things in my life so perfectly and it all came from FAITH. Did not understand how to apply that faith IRL until I did! And, back in the 90's, had I truly surrendered myself and all the worldly things I clung to, I would not have gone through the doubts and fears I did for the many years after leaving. I always said, I can't DO this! Who can?? HE can. ONLY Him. I thought the others phoneys and possibly even brainwashed! Ha, was I wrong. Nobody can believe for another. Nobody can have faith for another but, another's faith can (I believe) move mountains for another. And Mark, once you know the sky is blue, could you ever change your mind and agree with someone else that it's really brown, or green? I simply find it impossible to un-believe. :)

Reactions: mjrhealth

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
My faith and belief will go no where...been there and, He never stopped nagging my heart. I just wanted TRUTH. He has done so many things in my life so perfectly and it all came from FAITH. Did not understand how to apply that faith IRL until I did! And, back in the 90's, had I truly surrendered myself and all the worldly things I clung to, I would not have gone through the doubts and fears I did for the many years after leaving. I always said, I can't DO this! Who can?? HE can. ONLY Him. I thought the others phoneys and possibly even brainwashed! Ha, was I wrong. Nobody can believe for another. Nobody can have faith for another but, another's faith can (I believe) move mountains for another. And Mark, once you know the sky is blue, could you ever change your mind and agree with someone else that it's really brown, or green? I simply find it impossible to un-believe. :)
well then that is what you have to overcome I guess, or at roast until then you might be honest with yourself and call them Absolute Truths, rather than Beliefs? You had many beliefs as a child that you no longer hold, right? Many even as a young adult that have surely changed? "Sky is blue" is not really a Belief I don't think, more of an observation?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
women just seem to get it easier than men too I guess. Overcoming a Hegelian upbringing is really hard for a guy, who is (poorly) tasked with the role of "provider."

Ahhh...I now see where all of your rationalism and ideals come from, lol. I dunno if it's easier for women, some and maybe even most but certainly not all...I am a good example of that. Being a provider for others is always stressful when you have no help but, I too have always provided for myself, worked ALL the time but, was never better provided for until God. His provisions are unbelievable! He has taken away ALL the stress of owning my home alone, having to pay for people to repair things as I cannot. More than that, He has revealed Himself to me after a VERY long time of seeking (wrongly, for the most part) Him. There are no words to describe what that is like...I suppose that is why people call it a "personal relationship".
Get out of that dialectic box! :)

Reactions: aspen and bbyrd009

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wadr I would first work on separating the two, and I apologize for forgetting how difficult that is for normal people. Being autistic is also a gift I guess

Okay, I suppose my belief is nothing more than my opinion. But faith, IMHO is simply trusting in a Godly outcome without fretting and worrying. Even, especially when we see absolutely NO way past a difficult thing, or impossible thing (for us, imposs.)
And, yes, I can see autism as a gift and/or a challenge. You are very intelligent so, I see that as one of your "gifts"?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well then that is what you have to overcome I guess, or at roast until then you might be honest with yourself and call them Absolute Truths, rather than Beliefs? You had many beliefs as a child that you no longer hold, right? Many even as a young adult that have surely changed? "Sky is blue" is not really a Belief I don't think, more of an observation?

Well then, I suppose my beliefs are absolute truth's (to me). Nobody but God has absolute Truth. We are to SEEK it though and grow through the process of renewing our minds, repenting, battling the spiritual war that rages on constantly. All I want to overcome is this present world...