Why Christians Disagree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Okay, I suppose my belief is nothing more than my opinion. But faith, IMHO is simply trusting in a Godly outcome without fretting and worrying. Even, especially when we see absolutely NO way past a difficult thing, or impossible thing (for us, imposs.)
And, yes, I can see autism as a gift and/or a challenge. You are very intelligent so, I see that as one of your "gifts"?
ah, that part is mostly a curse prolly lol, dunno

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well then, I suppose my beliefs are absolute truth's (to me). Nobody but God has absolute Truth. We are to SEEK it though and grow through the process of renewing our minds, repenting, battling the spiritual war that rages on constantly. All I want to overcome is this present world...
hmm. Well then see how you will perceive enemies where there may be none, maybe. This is prolly just another way to express "Hegelian" in disguise

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians disagree because we think we are right. Of course, every time we insist on our point of view on the Truth, we are eating from the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil again. Christ calls us out of that dualism and commands us to love one another - it is love that cuts across all disagreements and false morality.
Indeed, yes! God is always looking first at the heart of a person. The best of doctrine or beliefs is worthless or nothing when the heart is wrong.

Reactions: aspen and mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well then, I suppose my beliefs are absolute truth's (to me). Nobody but God has absolute Truth. We are to SEEK it though and grow through the process of renewing our minds, repenting, battling the spiritual war that rages on constantly. All I want to overcome is this present world...
He already has

Joh 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is the antidote to opinion and the antithesis of sin.

Reactions: Butterfly

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is an awesome statement!

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Good post. Even the tiniest seed we might plant in our unsaved friends and loved ones (as they roll their eyes,lol) can sprout at any time. I often think of certain things I have said to my unsaved loved ones/friends/neighbors and pray that their eyes will be opened as the Holy Spirit brings these things back to their memory. And, I pray that they will live to have even that chance of salvation. :)
In Him,
nancy

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the welcome, happy to be here.

As for the unsaved, our beyond-genious supreme Creator has the mechanisms in place to help them during the upcoming end times. I believe in the "rapture"/caught-up event, which, to me, will be one method to show them that God-the-Father and God-the-Son are who they say they are (loving and the truth). Additionally, the "mark of the beast" is a secondary mechanism God will give them to be the final "line in the sand".

In Christ Jesus.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good thanks. I hope you are doing well.

Thanks, I'm good.

That may be sufficient evidence if this person met all of the requirements of the prophecy.
Which is what Jesus Christ did accomplish his first time here on earth, from the requirements of the prophecies in the OT. So why not again?

I do appreciate your tone and concern. Why can't he provide sufficient evidence for each individual in their lifetime? God would know what evidence I would need.

I really do hope you remain alive to see this. Hopefully you will have foreknowledge to come back to His loving grace, and join all of us in eternal life - He is worth it, we're worth it, so are you.

As to your question, I can't speak directly for Him of course. I would think that He is able to; may be a part of requiring faith in the unseen. Furthermore, not all want sufficient evidence, they believe and reject Him or just don't care enough as you do to look/decide, or perhaps they just like their view better.

I hope the prophecies manifest in your life span, give you the seeing/hearing evidence to believe, the faith to proceed from there, and to see you and your family in Heaven.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mean to be brash..just curious. Is that your opinion or is that the absolute truth?

It is my opinion of absolute Truth, I have experienced. We are only capable of forming opinions on Truth - we certainly cannot create it.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am new here. Hope to stay a while.

My question to Christians is why do Christians disagree on so much? I hear Christians say all the time that god speaks to them. If this is true, why would he not say the same thing to each person and clear up the differences in biblical interpretation? It even goes to the core of the gospel, how people are saved.

Basically among true believers...
1 Corinthians 13:9 (NASB) For we know in part and we prophesy in part;
1 Corinthians 13:12 (NASB) For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll have to figure that out I guess.

We are called to love true self to true self - we long to be seen and loved; to see others and to be loved.

Sometimes our opinions about the world and Absolute Truth get in the way of loving others. In fact, many people confuse their opinions with their true self or even God. Our opinions are rife with potential to become idols.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are called to love true self to true self - we long to be seen and loved; to see others and to be loved.

Sometimes our opinions about the world and Absolute Truth get in the way of loving others. In fact, many people confuse their opinions with their true self or even God. Our opinions are rife with potential to become idols.
Our 'opinions' of what truly constitutes love also gets in the way of truth (as in the Ecumenical movement...sacrificing truth in the name of 'love').

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our 'opinions' of what truly constitutes love also gets in the way of truth (as in the Ecumenical movement...sacrificing truth in the name of 'love').

It can. However, I tend to think opinions that restrict the exercise of love as ‘getting in the way’
Love is our purpose

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Some here say a lot of things.

No. I simply give the Gospel. The rest is up to God.
The gospel as defined by your interpretation of the bible. See this entire site and you will see Christians arguing about what the bible says on every topic it seems.

When you come mocking the Christians faith when compared to your worldly wisdom. You are not coming as recognizing our faith has merit. You come as mocking our faith because it doesn't meet your worldly wisdom. It doesn't stand up to your science, and evidence, and proof. Thus you see yourself as superior.

Stranger
I have not mocked your religion at all. I have simply challenged your beliefs and asked questions.

Mock: tease or laugh at in a scornful or contemptuous manner.

Reactions: aspen

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Well, my context is, evidence is the same as proof. As I said, if you ask for proof, you are asking for evidence. When you say, prove it. Your are asking for evidence. If you ask where is the evidence? You are asking where is the proof.

But all require belief and faith.

Stranger
This is not true. You are changing what I said, refuting that and then claiming victory. I have never asked for proof.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
All scientific knowledge comes from God. God is the Creator of the universe. Man is given the responsibility of subduing the earth. (Gen. 1:28) He is a natural scientist. Science is nothing but man learning about God's creation and subduing it, using what he learns to his advantage. Both Christians and non-christian scientists use the same principles. But they are able to learn and use them only because God has created such a perfect creation.

Stranger
Ok. I really have no issue with this as long as christian scientists use scientific principles instead of the bible. There have been many christian scientists that were in error because they tried to conform science to the bible. They could not follow the evidence because it contradicts the bible. See intelligent design, creationism etc.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel as defined by your interpretation of the bible. See this entire site and you will see Christians arguing about what the bible says on every topic it seems.

I have not mocked your religion at all. I have simply challenged your beliefs and asked questions.

Mock: tease or laugh at in a scornful or contemptuous manner.

Your challenge and questions are empty. And you have been given answers. But, you don't like them...do you?

Yes, you come to mock. You're not foolin anyone. We have seen your kind over and over again.

Stranger