Why did God...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, in the beginning as in all that God does - first natural then spiritual - important principle Rita!
God brought him to life as in breathing, He also gave Him Spiritual Life?
Only once the mind is enlightened can one be born again.

Read your Bible with care.

F2F
Enlightenment is not being Born Again....not biblical....we must be Born Of The “ Spirit “ just as Gods word says.

Our spirit is birthed into Christ, “ Spirit gives birth to spirit “....very easy to understand....

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Only once the mind is enlightened can one be born again.
Sorry, I have to heighten this....‘‘tis our spirit that must be Born Again ...nowhere in scripture does God say, our mind is enlightened then we are Born Again.....that is grave error.

Unbiblical and Not true, ‘‘tis a lie!

Our spirit must be Born Of The Spirit...just as the word of God says.

You must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God.

We have a human birth then we have the Spiritual rebirth...just as the written word of God says...we receive the Living word of God into our hearts...the written word is the witness to Gods Living word.

Gods word is Alive and Active, just as His written word witnesses this truth...in order to know this one must be Born Of The Spirit Of God.

John 3:6​

King James Version​

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Romans 8:9-11​

King James Version​

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No because you are yet to speak to the text - you have only provided opinions.
I have spoken to the text yet you have not heard it; isn't that strange? and I have posted sufficient texts to explain my approach but you do not accept them.
Again you miss the point. I've shown you how God directs both light and darkness from Acts 8&9 . Isaiah 44&45. Not once have you allow that Word to speak to you.
I have not missed the point at all. You obviously have not heard my explanation re the context Isaiah wrote in. You have sacrificed those words irrespective of context. Not wise in my view if one desires to understand the obvious contradictions in scriptural text.
@quietthinker

This saying is truth:

"This is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds
were evil
" (Jn. 3:19).

No supernatural agent of evil here...only the evil which comes from our defiled nature. All enemies of God's Truth react in this way.

Paul did!

How did God work with this evil in Paul's heart? What was God's intervention? What was God's Determinate council in relation to Paul's life? Did God know of him before he was born? Did God know how he would use his evil intent to benefit His Light?

If you say no, how so?
The light that has come into the World is Jesus. This includes his perspective on matters including what the OT had to say about a variety of things. It is clear his clarification contradicted many favoured and long held views. One of the views held was the lack of an understanding of an evil supernatural power operating in the created order. The story of Job is a case in point. Job thought it was God afflicting him yet the reader of the book understands it was the Satan bringing on Job's woes.

As previously quoted in another post to you, Hebrews 2:14 amongst other texts, tells us of this supernatural being Jesus was in conflict with; 'Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.'

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Sorry, I have to heighten this....‘‘tis our spirit that must be Born Again ...nowhere in scripture does God say, our mind is enlightened then we are Born Again.....that is grave error.

Unbiblical and Not true, ‘‘tis a lie!
The truth is to have the same love, to be of ONE MIND, in lowliness to esteem the other better then yourself, ( not exaltation of the devil antichrist spirit) to mind the things of others ( not ourselves)

Let this mind be in you, which also was in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The truth is to have the same love, to be of ONE MIND, in lowliness to esteem the other better then yourself, ( not exaltation of the devil antichrist spirit) to mind the things of others ( not ourselves)

Let this mind be in you, which also was in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Gods truth is....Our spirit must be Born Of The Spirit...just as the word of God says.

We have a human birth then we have the Spiritual rebirth...just as the written word of God says...we receive the Living word of God into our hearts...the written word is the witness to Gods Living word.

Gods word is Alive and Active, just as His written word witnesses this truth...in order to know this one must be Born Of The Spirit Of God.

King James Version​

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

King James Version​

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The time Paul was converted, is when Paul was needed to be the very one suitable for the job, to call Paul from unbelief, which everyone has, whatever they do in life, unto belief in the risen Lord Jesus Christ.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Our spirit must be Born Of The Spirit...just as the word of God says.

King James Version​

King James Version​

We must believe in what Jesus did or we cant be born again ( justice)..

Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We must believe in what Jesus did or we cant be born again ( justice)..
How do you know that Jesus died and was resurrected.

In the written word.

Where else and by whom do we know that truth?

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He invites it...surely you know this?

what I am saying, are you asking to understand or are you asking to question His will, His goodness?

We can ask Him questions but why are you asking? Are you asking from a heart like Mary or from Zechariah?

Romans 9:19-21

Hope you get the point.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
what I am saying, are you asking to understand or are you asking to question His will, His goodness?

We can ask Him questions but why are you asking? Are you asking from a heart like Mary or from Zechariah?

Romans 9:19-21

Hope you get the point.
You ask to know...is there another way?

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
How do you know that Jesus died and was resurrected.

In the written word.

Where else and by whom do we know that truth?
By faith:

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
As soon as Christ is resurrected, the kingdom of heaven is taken by the violent, and Paul was violent against it, and the Son reveals to whom He will, and revealed in Paul. ( it pleased God and Paul was MORE ZEALOUS to preach.)

Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Galatians 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
By faith:

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
We not talking about you Abraham, were talking about a Born Again who is gifted faith by God, a manifestation of the Spirit, Alive and Active in our hearts/ spirit.
One cannot believe in God without his witness residing in our heart/spirit...Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Only God can bring us to believe in Jesus, there is no power in our human sin nature to believe in Jesus, once we are Born Of The Spirit,then we know in our spirit that Jesus was the Son Of God, not before....as His word says, without the Spirit we are none of His, we need the testifying with our spirit from the Holy Spirit, to know that Jesus died and was resurrected....we know Jesus in our spirit, by the Living word of God, His Living word lines up with His written word....
The written word does not save...only the Living word of God can save us, when Spirit gives birth to spirit...biblical.
New Living Translation
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
iving in the Spirit
…7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those controlled by the fleshcannot please God. 9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ
Ephesians 2:8
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

New Living Translation
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.

English Standard Version
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Berean Standard Bible
For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Berean Literal Bible
For by grace you are saved through faith, and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

King James Bible
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

New King James Version
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Last edited:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The apostles of Christ are example by deed, ( to follow) not by text. ( to debate about)..

Philippians 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ask to know...is there another way?
AS I stated... "sking to understand or are you asking to question His will, His goodness?"

Are you reading the posts or just planning your next statement?

Maybe that is why you are asking such questions? if you spent more time reading and studying maybe you will see that the answer is already in scripture. But maybe you just to like the answer.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I stated... "asking to understand or are you asking to question His will, His goodness?"

Are you reading the posts or just planning your next statement?

Maybe that is why you are asking such questions? if you spent more time reading and studying maybe you will see that the answer is already in scripture. But maybe you just to like the answer.
Do you believe God looks unfavorably on those who question His motives? goodness? anything He is doing in His Creation?

It seems you like to make accusations but offer little in the way of explaining your own self imposed boundaries? By chance do you believe in Blind Faith? Hope not...

Would like an example of someone questioning the Lord's will and being offered an insightful answer? In such cases would the Lord rebuke one for inquiring?

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As previously quoted in another post to you, Hebrews 2:14 amongst other texts, tells us of this supernatural being Jesus was in conflict with;
'Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.'
Okay lets use this text as a case in point.

1. What has the power of death?
2. Why does Paul personify it, "him"?
3. What does the word "devil" mean in this context?

If you agree Hebrews 2 is the writers exposition on Psalm 8, how does your supernatural agent of evil fit into this Psalm?
Why does the writer state Christ sacrifice and offering was not to help Angels but descendants of Faithful Abraham?

Happy for you to tackle all 5 questions or take one on at a time.

May God bless your reading and grant you understanding

F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies

Revelation 12:7-12
Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!

Ezekiel 28: 11-19
11 The word of the Lord came to me: 12 “Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says:
“‘You were the seal of perfection,
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden,
the garden of God;
every precious stone adorned you:
carnelian, chrysolite and emerald,
topaz, onyx and jasper,
lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.[b]
Your settings and mountings[c] were made of gold;
on the day you were created they were prepared.
14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
for so I ordained you.
You were on the holy mount of God;
you walked among the fiery stones.
You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created
till wickedness was found in you.
15 You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created
till wickedness was found in you.
16 Through your widespread trade
you were filled with violence,
and you sinned.
So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
and I expelled you, guardian cherub,
from among the fiery stones.
17 Your heart became proud
on account of your beauty,
and you corrupted your wisdom
because of your splendor.
So I threw you to the earth;
I made a spectacle of you before kings.
18 By your many sins and dishonest trade
you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
So I made a fire come out from you,
and it consumed you,
and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
in the sight of all who were watching.
19 All the nations who knew you
are appalled at you;
you have come to a horrible end
and will be no more.’”

Last edited:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Do you believe God looks unfavorably on those who question His motives? goodness? anything He is doing in His Creation?

It seems you like to make accusations but offer little in the way of explaining your own self imposed boundaries? By chance do you believe in Blind Faith? Hope not...

Would like an example of someone questioning the Lord's will and being offered an insightful answer? In such cases would the Lord rebuke one for inquiring?

F2F
1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;