Why did God...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Okay lets use this text as a case in point.

1. What has the power of death?
2. Why does Paul personify it, "him"?
3. What does the word "devil" mean in this context?

If you agree Hebrews 2 is the writers exposition on Psalm 8, how does your supernatural agent of evil fit into this Psalm?
Why does the writer state Christ sacrifice and offering was not to help Angels but descendants of Faithful Abraham?

Happy for you to tackle all 5 questions or take one on at a time.

May God bless your reading and grant you understanding

F2F
2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Sorry guys, Paul is chosen in faith by God, if it is questioned, and we see Paull never questioned, we show no like faith..

Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Acts 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:
20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe God looks unfavorably on those who question His motives? goodness? anything He is doing in His Creation?

It seems you like to make accusations but offer little in the way of explaining your own self imposed boundaries? By chance do you believe in Blind Faith? Hope not...

Would like an example of someone questioning the Lord's will and being offered an insightful answer? In such cases would the Lord rebuke one for inquiring?

F2F
What I find interesting is that you are saying question God but seem to be very upset when I question you and why you are asking?

Are you saying I am not allowed to question you? Challenge you?

regardless of what you believe, God has a reason for why He allows and does not allow what happened, is happening and what will happen. So question all you want if and He will answer if He want to.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies

Revelation 12:7-12
Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!

Ezekiel 28: 11-19
11 The word of the Lord came to me: 12 “Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says:
“‘You were the seal of perfection,
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden,
the garden of God;
every precious stone adorned you:
carnelian, chrysolite and emerald,
topaz, onyx and jasper,
lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.[b]
Your settings and mountings[c] were made of gold;
on the day you were created they were prepared.
14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
for so I ordained you.
You were on the holy mount of God;
you walked among the fiery stones.
You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created
till wickedness was found in you.
15 You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created
till wickedness was found in you.
16 Through your widespread trade
you were filled with violence,
and you sinned.
So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
and I expelled you, guardian cherub,
from among the fiery stones.
17 Your heart became proud
on account of your beauty,
and you corrupted your wisdom
because of your splendor.
So I threw you to the earth;
I made a spectacle of you before kings.
18 By your many sins and dishonest trade
you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
So I made a fire come out from you,
and it consumed you,
and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
in the sight of all who were watching.
19 All the nations who knew you
are appalled at you;
you have come to a horrible end
and will be no more.’”
They were simple questions Quiet.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They are straight forward answers which address the premise of your questions.
You copy and pasted text which had nothing to do with Hebrews 2.
Was it that hard for you to try? there is no humiliation in trying.
Go back and have a go.
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@quietthinker

Lets tackle the first question together.

Look up Romans 5:12 and provide your answer.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
Gordan, you need to put a little more into your reply so I can understand your intent here.
Thanks
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I find interesting is that you are saying question God but seem to be very upset when I question you and why you are asking?
I'm happy for you to question me - go for it!
Are you saying I am not allowed to question you? Challenge you?
Please do.

Keep in mind this OP is all about questioning why God does what He does - from this we learn about Him as a God and Father. We (other forum members) have already raised some very insightful responses.
regardless of what you believe, God has a reason for why He allows and does not allow what happened,
Precisely - here we are in learning territory!

is happening and what will happen. So question all you want if and He will answer if He want to.
Correct.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry guys, Paul is chosen in faith by God, if it is questioned, and we see Paull never questioned, we show no like faith..
No need to apologize.

All here know Paul was a chosen vessel for honor.

What we are doing is asking questions of the text to discover why God acts a certain way i.e in Chapter 8 Phillip is baptizing while in Chapter 9 Saul is trying to destroy the body of Christ - the text is written in a way as to prompt questions and provide insight into how God works with His light (Gospel) while shaping the darkness (Saul) for his purpose.

Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Acts 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
Notice it was Saul and not some make believe evil angel doing this work? Christians have this all wrong and if they were honest about the text they would see this.

In all of Acts do you know how many times the devil (false accuser) is mentioned and the context its found in?

Embarrassing really.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@quietthinker

Lets tackle the first question together.

Look up Romans 5:12 and provide your answer.

F2F
You sound like a religious interrogator.
Is it because you do not want to hear the answers given and insist on setting up a decoy?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You sound like a religious interrogator.
Is it because you do not want to hear the answers given and insist on setting up a decoy?
Have a go...nothing to lose and everything to gain.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Gordan, you need to put a little more into your reply so I can understand your intent here.
Thanks
F2F
I cant add or take from the prophecy of the scripture.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
No need to apologize.

1. All here know Paul was a chosen vessel for honor.

2. What we are doing is asking questions of the text to discover why God acts a certain way i.e in Chapter 8 Phillip is baptizing while in Chapter 9 Saul is trying to destroy the body of Christ - the text is written in a way as to prompt questions and provide insight into how God works with His light (Gospel) while shaping the darkness (Saul) for his purpose.

Notice it was Saul and not some make believe evil angel doing this work? Christians have this all wrong and if they were honest about the text they would see this.

3. In all of Acts do you know how many times the devil (false accuser) is mentioned and the context its found in?

Embarrassing really.
1. If someone purges themselves they know what type of veseel apostle Paul was, and would also be a vessel unto honour

2 Timothy 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

2. What Paul did was testify so we do not need to question...

1 Timothy 6::3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

3. Acts as you mention, is deeds, is it questions at the same time, or answers in those acts/deeds.

2 Corinthians 6:3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
6 By pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Christ had no propensity to sin. He did inherit the fallen nature, but unlike us sin was totally abhorrent to Him and there was not the slightest bent or appetite or tendency to sin.
Hebrews 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Anonymous 1

May 6, 2024
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The HOW;

John 3:
9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, HOW can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish, but have ETERNAL LIFE.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Romans 10:9-18

How then can we BELIEVE except we hear ?
v 17 So then faith cometh BY HEARING, and hearing BY THE WORD OF GOD.

The mind must be transformed by the word and renewed daily. It is our seat of consciousness. This is where evil thoughts and imaginings spawn from.
The heart is just a muscle but once it has been circumcised by the Holy Spirit, it becomes our spiritual process center. Out of our hearts flows devotion to God, within it our treasures are stored, our emotions to love, care and bear the fruit of the Spirit spring forth from the well- spring of life in him.

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord Acts 9:1

Why did God not bring about his conversion earlier rather than allowing him to sentence so many to exile and death?

F2F
I think Paul's own words about his former life and how he counted all his works according to the law as dung, and how considering himself the least of the apostles, at least suggests that God wanted to teach Paul a lesson that Paul could not have learned had Jesus appeared to him sooner.

Reactions: face2face