Why did God...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Here is another dimension to this question.

Acts 6:8 Now Stephen, full of grace and power, was performing great wonders and miraculous signs among the people

Why not allow Stephen to continue this good work? Maybe his death could have been avoided? Imagine the potential for even greater works?

F2F
God did not disallow Stephen to continue his work. Those who killed him did. God has allowed saints to be put to death for their testimony as much as He allowed Christ to be put to death for the sin He did not commit, and this is the way it continues till today, and will continue until He returns. Not all martyrs get their names written into the scriptures.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ had no propensity to sin. He did inherit the fallen nature, but unlike us sin was totally abhorrent to Him and there was not the slightest bent or appetite or tendency to sin.
Tempted in all points as you are Brakelight!

Reactions: Zao is life

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Brakelite

“We have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, but was on all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin” (Heb. 4:15). “For in that He Himself hath suffered being tempted, He is able to succour them that are tempted” (Heb. 2:18).

Your statement disqualifies Christ as High Priest all of whom are taken from among men. Words like touched, all points, suffered in the temptation all reveal to you he had the propensity to sin - he could sin, it was possible otherwise you would believe in a mascaraed.

What's sad for you and others is the harm your statement causes your relationship with Christ...My Christ, felt the strong urges to sin and overcame them all! - Matt 4 and other passages reveal this openly. This makes him perfect for his role of mediating between God and Man because he is the man, Christ Jesus who suffered in your flesh which God overcame through putting it to death.

Regardless of what this truth does to your preconceived notions of Christ, this is truth as difficult as it is for your to accept...which is why its truth!

F2F

Reactions: Zao is life

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Brakelite

“We have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, but was on all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin” (Heb. 4:15). “For in that He Himself hath suffered being tempted, He is able to succour them that are tempted” (Heb. 2:18).

Your statement disqualifies Christ as High Priest all of whom are taken from among men. Words like touched, all points, suffered in the temptation all reveal to you he had the propensity to sin - he could sin, it was possible otherwise you would believe in a mascaraed.

What's sad for you and others is the harm your statement causes your relationship with Christ...My Christ, felt the strong urges to sin and overcame them all! - Matt 4 and other passages reveal this openly. This makes him perfect for his role of mediating between God and Man because he is the man, Christ Jesus who suffered in your flesh which God overcame through putting it to death.

Regardless of what this truth does to your preconceived notions of Christ, this is truth as difficult as it is for your to accept...which is why its truth!

F2F
You need to study the actual meaning of the word propensity. I agree He could have sinned. And if He had, He, and all humanity with Him, would have been eternally lost. There was a huge risk for both the Father and the Son in taking on the burden of redeeming fallen man. Jesus did have within His human nature all the weaknesses and inherited deficiencies of 4000 years of rebellion. What He did not inherit was the propensity, the tendency, the evil desire toward selfishness and evil. That was not in His nature. His nature was to love... He was the express image of His Father.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You need to study the actual meaning of the word propensity.
It's the correct word Brakelight, simply means one who has an inclination or natural tendency to behave in a particular way. In this instance Christ though having the tendency / desire / potential to sin, which really speaks to inclination, Christ denied it everytime.

I agree He could have sinned.

That's reassuring Brakelight because many do not.
And if He had, He, and all humanity with Him, would have been eternally lost.
Agree 100%
There was a huge risk for both the Father and the Son in taking on the burden of redeeming fallen man.
More so as I believe he didn't pre-exist which makes the achievement even more spectacular. Also speaks to the Wisdom of God as a Father.

Jesus did have within His human nature all the weaknesses and inherited deficiencies of 4000 years of rebellion. What He did not inherit was the propensity, the tendency, the evil desire toward selfishness and evil.
He inherited a nature which has the propensity, tendency, potential etc.

That was not in His nature. His nature was to love... He was the express image of His Father.
His nature is captured in these words:

John 2:25 states, He “knew what was in man.”

Why?

Because it was in him (by experience).

F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We, ie me, loves to get. What I mean by that is when I see a pretty girl and I love the way she looks my thoughts are about getting ie, satisfaction.
I reflect on John 3:16 and am ashamed. 'For God so loved the World he gave.....'
When God loves his desires are to give....to the World.

Jesus was not motivated by self and the preservation of that self. He gave.....and as one author puts it, 'all heaven was poured out in one gift'.....'he gave till he could give no more.'

Oh Father, thank you for the promise of new hearts for old, for stony hearts exchanged for those of flesh.

• Love
Reactions: Brakelite

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus was not motivated by self and the preservation of that self. He gave.....and as one author puts it, 'all heaven was poured out in one gift'.....'he gave till he could give no more.'
Very true...though if one is tempted fully and completely it must be a temptation! Matthew 4 holds the key to those temptations.

Did you find out what has the Power of Death and why Paul calls it a false accuser in Hebrews 2:14?

F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Very true...though if one is tempted fully and completely it must be a temptation! Matthew 4 holds the key to those temptations.

Did you find out what has the Power of Death and why Paul calls it a false accuser in Hebrews 2:14?

F2F
It's who not what; it's him not it.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's who not what; it's him not it.
Paul uses personification everywhere in his writings, I assume you know this to be true and accurate.

Here is a good example...relevant to our study ;):

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Now I'm not sure if you are going to come back and say, Hey F2F "well, sin can work a 40 hour week and earn wages!"

If you want more personifications let me know - like I said there are heaps of them!

Paul's use of the word devil (false accuser) is apt given the nature of the battle! He personifies man’s ungodly desires to allow us to more easily identify with his message.

1. Sin...as a ruler in Romans 5:21
2. Sin which is opposed (as weapons) to God in Romans 6:13
3. Sin as a master who demands obedience in Romans 6:16

So now that you are armed with the right tools, go back and look at Hebrews 2:14 - 17, check out the context, understand the personification and apply the principle.

You now know that its sin which has the power of death and the reason this is so, is answered in 1 John 3:4

We have proved from Hebrews 2 that the false accuser is not some fallen supernatural agent of evil, but your sin, which has held you captive and full of fear your whole life! - until the knowledge of Christ came and freed you (which may not have happened yet)

Happy learning :)

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord Acts 9:1

Why did God not bring about his conversion earlier rather than allowing him to sentence so many to exile and death?

F2F
Thank you, very challenging and interesting topic, because of Lord Jesus Christ, Glory be to the FATHER, Son and the Holy Ghost.

For it is written, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it, and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal."

This period of grace and truth, spiritual warriors for the Kingdom of GOD, without a blood shed, they willingly lay down their lives for the sake of the Gospel. It is a slap on the face for the enemy, human and evil alike, who use violence to take the Kingdom by force. Nevertheless, many of the oppressor who witness their faith never to yield, have had their miraculous conversion as a result, especially Paul.

In many of the account, the church did receive grace period to recant, deny their faith and not speak the name of Jesus. But they stubbornly refuse and thrust forward to declare the Gospel and the name of Jesus. The more the enemy kill, thinking doing a favor for GOD in riddance, the more by conversion they grow by number.

Just imagine, an only crazy and deeply lost sect that would do such a thing. They are disowned by their own beloved families, deprived of their due inheritance and are enemies of the estate. Just for the sake of a persecute man who did not put a fight in defense, and His story and his magic? And, believe in doing so they inherit Heaven their home and inherit eternal life with GOD, the unseen, in mere faith?

Even the man Saul himself would have witnessed all of the above and these would've surely worked in him. And as a result, together these would've even accelerated his conversion to Paul. What a powerful demonstration of love for one's enemy, because they know him and his advances, they could have been ready and retaliate? But, they rather like their Master were silence as a lamb, ready to be shred of it's cloth and slaughtered?

So that GOD in HIS unmerited favor and because of HIS Son Lord Jesus Christ, likewise forgive the sins of their enemies. Redeem them as well, as HE already did for them saints prior. They would've pray like this, 'FATHER, because of Lord Jesus Christ, forgive the sins of these knew not know what they do lost men, as you've forgiven the abundance of my sins in the past.'

Stephen, in his short time, he was able to pray for his enemies, including Saul who was present there holding the cloaks of his men. The converted Paul said this and is written, 'Love is your guide and love is your debt.' And, 'For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.'

Conclusion, the greatest people who ever lived for GOD, Christ and the Holy Ghost, besides me today a lukewarmer and a coward to my given faith.

The greatest man who ever lived, the Word became flesh and dwell among us, says this words;

"Human strength profited nothing, it is the Spirit that quickeneth. The words that come out of My mouth, they are spirit and they are life."

Doesn't His words sends a chill down one's spine?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: face2face

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Paul uses personification everywhere in his writings, I assume you know this to be true and accurate.

Here is a good example...relevant to our study ;):

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Now I'm not sure if you are going to come back and say, Hey F2F "well, sin can work a 40 hour week and earn wages!"

If you want more personifications let me know - like I said there are heaps of them!

Paul's use of the word devil (false accuser) is apt given the nature of the battle! He personifies man’s ungodly desires to allow us to more easily identify with his message.

1. Sin...as a ruler in Romans 5:21
2. Sin which is opposed (as weapons) to God in Romans 6:13
3. Sin as a master who demands obedience in Romans 6:16

So now that you are armed with the right tools, go back and look at Hebrews 2:14 - 17, check out the context, understand the personification and apply the principle.

You now know that its sin which has the power of death and the reason this is so, is answered in 1 John 3:4

We have proved from Hebrews 2 that the false accuser is not some fallen supernatural agent of evil, but your sin, which has held you captive and full of fear your whole life! - until the knowledge of Christ came and freed you (which may not have happened yet)

Happy learning :)
Your distortions remain for you!

• Haha
Reactions: face2face

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
You need to study the actual meaning of the word propensity. I agree He could have sinned. And if He had, He, and all humanity with Him, would have been eternally lost. There was a huge risk for both the Father and the Son in taking on the burden of redeeming fallen man. Jesus did have within His human nature all the weaknesses and inherited deficiencies of 4000 years of rebellion. What He did not inherit was the propensity, the tendency, the evil desire toward selfishness and evil. That was not in His nature. His nature was to love... He was the express image of His Father.
Yes, and instead of disputing what Christ came to do, we can acknowledge it:

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Hey guys, the usual for you to ignore or acknowledge, as you do one or the other.

Paul is a better teacher than text teachers, because he does what is better to follow, and proves Jesus Christ is more than words and the debate of people they like to make Him into. ( ignore or acknowledge)

1 Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, the usual for you to ignore or acknowledge, as you do one or the other.

Paul is a better teacher than text teachers, because he does what is better to follow, and proves Jesus Christ is more than words and the debate of people they like to make Him into. ( ignore or acknowledge)
The Living word of God is the best word of all?

How can we become un- Born from the Spirit of God?

Do you understand that Gods word is Alive and Active?

How would I know that?

Do you think you must read a Bible to be Born Of The Spirit?

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The Living word of God is the best word of all?

How can we become un- Born from the Spirit of God?

Do you understand that Gods word is Alive and Active?

How would I know that?

Do you think you must read a Bible to be Born Of The Spirit?
Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Reactions: Anonymous 1

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland

1 Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
There you go....you have yet to understand the Living word of God.

Hebrews 4:12

New International Version

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.