Why did Jesus say this for?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not that @Christophany. The argument of the 'debates of dates' is actually kind of refutable. Anyway, all people have to decide for themselves what they will believe or not. Do encourage not only you but for all people to dive into the bible and read it. Interestingly enough all the books of the bible of the new testament are all dated around to be written between 50-68ish AD. Except for John which has been debated to be around 80-90 AD.

I disagree with what most claim to be 'historically factual' when it comes to John having written revelation between those years mentioned and go for a most relatable proposition which incurs with John being written closer to the destruction of Jerusalem.

Anyway, brother you take care! :) I understand some people have highly opinionated stances that they will never be moved from and that is quite okay!

I use to believe Jesus as going to return one day, but my mind was changed when someone showed me more evidences that Jesus was not lying, nor was the apostles lying to the assemblies they were written too.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, I believe it is good to look at all four Gospels, to read and understand and learn the context, along with all of the other letters of the Apostles to make a case.

No, I don't buy into that. I know what God's Word says as written, and He does not agree with you.

Many people only believe Revelation 1 - 4 was pertaining to those written but everything past that is future, it is a common belief system that I am past now. I do not believe how many people believe about a future coming other than us dying and being resurrected and going -> towards the Presence of the Heavenly Realm in which all people are resurrected and placed either coming into the Kingdom Of Heaven, or placed outside of the Kingdom of Heaven.

I thought the topic in your original post was what Lord Jesus replied to the blind Pharisees, and your idea that Jesus already came back in their days, per what you said below?

"That he didn’t lie about his coming back in that day in age."

Lord Jesus' future second coming is one of the mainstay Bible doctrines we can be certain... of. It is even taught in The Old Testament prophets. So we do not only have to rely on just a few New Testament verses, and the Mark 14 Scripture you quoted definitely is not ENOUGH Bible witness about Christ's 2nd coming.

What you are heeding is MEN'S DOCTRINES, not God's written Word. And Gen2Rev is NOT a friend in Christ if that's who you got such a leaven doctrine from, which is actually the false doctrine called 'Full Preterism'. You might want to look that up to see what all it is about as a doctrine from false crept in unawares. They believe Jesus' 2nd coming already happened in His Apostle's days, and disregard many Bible Scriptures to the contrary.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't buy into that. I know what God's Word says as written, and He does not agree with you.

I thought the topic in your original post was what Lord Jesus replied to the blind Pharisees, and your idea that Jesus already came back in their days, per what you said below?

Lord Jesus' future second coming is one of the mainstay Bible doctrines we can be certain... of. It is even taught in The Old Testament prophets. So we do not only have to rely on just a few New Testament verses, and the Mark 14 Scripture you quoted definitely is not ENOUGH Bible witness about Christ's 2nd coming.

What you are heeding is MEN'S DOCTRINES, not God's written Word. And Gen2Rev is NOT a friend in Christ if that's who you got such a leaven doctrine from, which is actually the false doctrine called 'Full Preterism'. You might want to look that up to see what all it is about as a doctrine from false crept in unawares. They believe Jesus' 2nd coming already happened in His Apostle's days, and disregard many Bible Scriptures to the contrary.

Hello Davy,

I know you feel so strongly about what you believe. And I am glad we know the differences that we each have. I love you and you may continue to go the direction you are going if you so desire and that is how you believe in your heart. I am not here to judge or condemn others, however to present that case of what has been came to understand from what evidences there are about Jesus and his proclaiming his return, along with the Apostles themselves. You may take it as I disregard the scriptures of Jesus coming back.

It depends on what you believe a generation is. To me it is between 38 years and 40 years, according to biblically definition. I am not bothered believing that Jesus had returned in a generation as he promised back in that day. Taking away this though for others makes them hopeless as their hope relies completely and whole on Jesus returning now 2000 years later away from what was soon to come quickly in that generation back then when John wrote Revelation.

As I have stated you may believe what you desire, but the scriptures are clear about the return even if one may not agree with Jesus or the apostles, in their context of that time and day and age, which is done and over with.

( I will forever encounter people who will say that I am crazy and wrong but it is between me and God what has become believed in the heart, which I believe we are to seek out God in faith, believe on the one God sent, and love God and Love Others ). Not fighting others and backbiting and gossiping about others in how they do not 'follow the same way I do', cause not everyone is in the same understanding as we all live our lives subjectively and individually between oneself and God through Christ.

:) Hope this helps you understand what is being done here.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Davy,

I know you feel so strongly about what you believe. And I am glad we know the differences that we each have. I love you and you may continue to go the direction you are going if you so desire and that is how you believe in your heart. I am not here to judge or condemn others, however to present that case of what has been came to understand from what evidences there are about Jesus and his proclaiming his return, along with the Apostles themselves. You may take it as I disregard the scriptures of Jesus coming back.

I don't hate anyone. I only hate what 'some' follow and do. And sometimes, that applies to what I do, when I catch myself. But I really don't have to worry about that a lot, because The Holy Spirit corrects me, and then I get back into His Word. Now that being said, let's get back to what God's written Word actually says, and don't try to give me that, "well you believe what you want, and I'll believe what I want" stuff which does not work.

It depends on what you believe a generation is. To me it is between 38 years and 40 years, according to biblically definition. I am not bothered believing that Jesus had returned in a generation as he promised back in that day. Taking away this though for others makes them hopeless as their hope relies completely and whole on Jesus returning now 2000 years later away from what was soon to come quickly in that generation back then when John wrote Revelation.

What Scripture are you referring to? If it is Jesus' parable of the fig tree in His Olivet discourse, He easily explained just which generation He was pointing to. It's easy to know because He said that generation which sees "all these things" shall not pass until "all these things" are fulfilled. The last 'thing' He gave was the Sign of His coming and gathering of His saints to Him. That is STILL YET future, just as many of the SIGNS He gave prior to that final one are still future too.

That means then... that ONLY the 'final' generation of this present world is to 'see' ALL those SIGNS coming to pass. And that certainly cannot... mean the generation of His Apostles!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't hate anyone. I only hate what 'some' follow and do. And sometimes, that applies to what I do, when I catch myself. But I really don't have to worry about that a lot, because The Holy Spirit corrects me, and then I get back into His Word. Now that being said, let's get back to what God's written Word actually says, and don't try to give me that, "well you believe what you want, and I'll believe what I want" stuff which does not work.

People do believe what they want though. Not everyone you meet is just gonna agree with you, though sometimes all Christian’s can agree on is the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Those who believe in their heart are given the Holy Spirit from God through faith in Christ. You know this already anyway.

What Scripture are you referring to? If it is Jesus' parable of the fig tree in His Olivet discourse, He easily explained just which generation He was pointing to. It's easy to know because He said that generation which sees "all these things" shall not pass until "all these things" are fulfilled. The last 'thing' He gave was the Sign of His coming and gathering of His saints to Him. That is STILL YET future, just as many of the SIGNS He gave prior to that final one are still future too.

That means then... that ONLY the 'final' generation of this present world is to 'see' ALL those SIGNS coming to pass. And that certainly cannot... mean the generation of His Apostles!

There are several founded in scriptures.

You are one to say “it’s not that generation”, but the final generation alive on earth.

Does that mean you believe the world will end on day as well?

See my friend this is the thing. If this world stops existing, people stop coming into the kingdom of Heaven.

I am not ashamed to talk about death, one day I am going to die, and I’m part of 1991 generation of people, and my generation is pretty much going to be done with coming 9 more years from now when I am 40. My generation will just be a past that I’ll remember but others may not expect through history.

This is the same thing back then for when Jesus Christ talked about that generation pass away, but many decide to make it and apply it to themselves. I can not do that. It was spoken to them then and that is it. But most people simply are not happy with that explanation and some just read the words and question why Jesus even said what he did.

You got atheist that will laugh and mock you when trying explain how one believe Jesus is returning and they can turn to scripture and say well what about this said by Jesus that he was going to return ?? Then just mock you, because scripture plainly said he was coming back then but people don’t know how to accept it.

Jesus came back in the day in age and redeemed the bride of that day that was blameless and those of the twelve tribes, according to revelation but many reject it, they hold on to the return because of???

To watch vindication for an evil world to be rid of all the darkness in it? I don’t know why people believe what they do or what the reason is.

My hope is founded else where in hopes of dying being resurrected going to be with God because of faith on the Son of God and hope to be able to help those on the outside of the kingdom of heaven explained in Revelation 22c and have a spiritually abundant life while living on this earth.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not that @Christophany. The argument of the 'debates of dates' is actually kind of refutable. Anyway, all people have to decide for themselves what they will believe or not. Do encourage not only you but for all people to dive into the bible and read it. Interestingly enough all the books of the bible of the new testament are all dated around to be written between 50-68ish AD. Except for John which has been debated to be around 80-90 AD.

I disagree with what most claim to be 'historically factual' when it comes to John having written revelation between those years mentioned and go for a most relatable proposition which incurs with John being written closer to the destruction of Jerusalem.

Anyway, brother you take care! :) I understand some people have highly opinionated stances that they will never be moved from and that is quite okay!

I use to believe Jesus as going to return one day, but my mind was changed when someone showed me more evidences that Jesus was not lying, nor was the apostles lying to the assemblies they were written too.
So anyone who disagrees with you are deceived since you claim to believe what the apostles believed which contradicts my beliefs ?

Lying is a strong and judgmental claim

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So anyone who disagrees with you are deceived since you claim to believe what the apostles believed which contradicts my beliefs ?

Lying is a strong and judgmental claim

They believe differently than myself. I truly believe in my heart Jesus returned. But those who don’t and they looks and see what I am saying.

I highly encourage one to challenge themselves, seek the scriptures and see what is true.

Helpful Bible : Thompson Chain Reference Bible, doesn’t have to be King James. They have NIV, NASB editions.

Helpful Book: (Read the comments) https://www.amazon.com/Christianity...3873740#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t mind to help point to a source at least that has helpful to one’s growth.

Also check out www.cult.love if one desires to subscribe to a place that has verse by verse teachings though it cost (3.16$) to subscribe.

1000+ hours worth of verse by verse teaching and some other courses people can take if they choose too.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People do believe what they want though. Not everyone you meet is just gonna agree with you, though sometimes all Christian’s can agree on is the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Those who believe in their heart are given the Holy Spirit from God through faith in Christ. You know this already anyway.

So now we're talking philosophically? I've done all that too bro. Before I came to Jesus Christ, I studied religious philosophy from just about every known religion of man, and also ancient Greek philosophy and even mystical philosophy. And yet, The Word of God is DIFFERENT from all that, and cannot be compared to it. So why even go there?

There are several founded in scriptures.

You are one to say “it’s not that generation”, but the final generation alive on earth.

Does that mean you believe the world will end on day as well?

Yeah, there are several DIFFERENT USAGES for the word 'generation' in God's written Word. I well understand that. But apparently, YOU DO NOT. For example, Christ's usage of the word "generation" in His parable of the fig tree is NOT about the genealogy of a certain group of people. But in the Matthew 23:33 usage of the word "generation" it is about a specific genealogy of people He was pointing to.

THUSLY... you still show with that even, that you do not understand Biblical CONTEXT, even though you TRY to use that idea of CONTEXT. And that's what is very funny about your theology, you trying to pass yourself off like you have understanding in God's Word when you show you do not. You simply need to go 'sit in the truck.'

Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have given sources to people to consider.

Please be encouraged to pick up and buy a Thompson Chain Bible, it has all the verses pertaining to the second coming where people can go and look and check the surrounding context.

There is no reason for me to condemn or talk down to another individual on this platform that is meant to share, with each other information.

www.Christianbook.com - you can find a Thompson chain Bible there, it doesn’t have to be Kjv they have, niv, and Nasb.

www.cult.love - this is an online educational program and he taught from the book link below which gave good insight about the coming return of Christ. (He has verse by verse on everyone New Testament book, but the revelation one has to pay for it is 96 hours long), though all the other books are completely free to go through once you register which is (3.16$ - monthly subscription ).

Helpful Book: (Read the comments) https://www.amazon.com/Christianity...3873740#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div

I don’t feel it is right for me to attack others and condemn them as a Christian believer however there are people who do such things as for what reason? I don’t know. Jesus always suggested turning the other cheek, so in faith this the best course of action.

Bye have a good day! God bless all of you.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is Christ, the Messiah? What is it? Is it not manna? Is he not the very Word of God?

"And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God." Rev 19:13

Yes sir, Christ and Messiah are the same word, one being translated from Greek, the other from Hebrew, in English they mean anointed. Jehovah did anoint Jesus for a special purpose. From the very beginning of creation Jesus was called the Word, as he was then and still is today, God's spokesman.

Reactions: amadeus