Why did Jesus surround himself with only men?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Jesus is not sexist. Men in scripture is always symbolic of spiritual. That is why God in most cases is spoken in the masculine. 1 Corin 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world (age) are come. example Example: NT:5178 a : Strong’s: tupikos (toop-ee-kos'); an adverb related to NT:5179; found only in 1 Cor 10:11: as a warning, by way of example, typologically (i.e. figuratively, as a prophetic type, a typological interpretation of Scripture)On the other hand the women are always an example of the soulish; example: Church, bride, Babylon, harlot

Tombstone

Aug 18, 2009
The response by 'savedbygrace57' did seem somewhat hostile, but I can see where he could question the motive behind Matt4's question.Matt's first post on this bulletin board was:[quote name='matt4;71605]I'm trying to summarize Christianity' date=' is this not correct?It is the belief that some cosmic Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.[/QUOTE']

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
What a fine bunch of Christians we have here. It is very clear Matt has some very important questions. It's one thing to Jab at each other over scriptural issues behind our keyboards. We enjoy that. This is someone that our Lord died for, we ought to take that serious. Talking about him as if He is not going to read this, is not the way to go. Jesus did Hang around Women, and many women did follow him. The 12 He choose just happen to be men, because at the time a Women disciple would not have been accepted. There are Women that are mentioned in the Bible and are given significance by God because of their faith. Even the name of a Harlot is mentioned along with great names of Abraham and Moses. She was the distant Grandma of Jesus, and she got there because she believed God. Her name was Rehab.savedbygrace57 You need some Grace brother, you should start by someone hiding your keyboard so you can't type the first things that come to your mind.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Im going to get a lot of flack for this but i beleive saved by grace has a point the question does seem a bit deceiving to ask in the first place because it sounds like a direct attack on jesuses character and perfection. Jesus was around many female people in the bible.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
he had a right to ask because males during that period of time had all the power and authority.
gumby;71720 said:
Im going to get a lot of flack for this but i beleive saved by grace has a point the question does seem a bit deceiving to ask in the first place because it sounds like a direct attack on jesuses character and perfection. Jesus was around many female people in the bible.

matt4

Jun 19, 2009
Thank you, Brother Mike. I would have the rest of you know that I am a devout Christian and did not mean offense.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Benoni;71721 said:
he had a right to ask because males during that period of time had all the power and authority.
I dont dispute that one bit he had evry right to ask but you went so far as to call savedbygrace evil, thats not very christian is it not? no harm no foul here but saved by grace was just wanting to make sure that his motive was not misleading and insulting and its not.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Benoni;71733 said:
And Savebygrace's comments were Christian?
Fine both of you were wrong but still i beleive that savedbygrace was only asking a question and as a christian we should know better than to add fuel to the fire by replying. What do ya say freinds :D