Why didn't God destroy Satan at the beginning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Taken and dev553344

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting back to the original question:

Why didn't God destroy Satan at the beginning?​

I've always said, a few 55 gallon drums of SnakeAway(TM) sprinkled around the periphery of the Garden and we wouldn't be in this mess. However, I remember a wise old Reformed preacher saying that God is sovereign over everything in creation, so even Satan serves God's ultimate plan and purposes.

I actually find that somewhat comforting - in a way.

Reactions: dev553344

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting back to the original question:

Why didn't God destroy Satan at the beginning?​

I've always said, a few 55 gallon drums of SnakeAway(TM) sprinkled around the periphery of the Garden and we wouldn't be in this mess. However, I remember a wise old Reformed preacher saying that God is sovereign over everything in creation, so even Satan serves God's ultimate plan and purposes.

I actually find that somewhat comforting - in a way.
I believe that you have provided the answer…

This is a test, you cannot have a right answer without having a wrong answer, the wrong answer is Satan. Satan has children, and his children do there job… they are better at there job than the children of God.

There was a proposal made to destroy these children, ultimately destroying the plan of Satan.

God said No, let everything play out, which means evil has a job to do.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is using satan to test people near future.
Ezekiel chapter 28 . Lucifer will go into lake of fire at end of millennium.

No, fallen angels won't submit to God's will. They love Lucifer and will die for him. The fallen angels are evil and you can't reason with them.

Jeremiah chapter 4 tells us about first earth age. Satan led one third of God's children in rebellion against God. Satan wanted the Mercy seat, and to be worshipped.
Revelation chapter 12 is cross reference.

Revelation chapter 13 . The one world political system receives deadly wound near future. Satan in his role as false messiah appears in Jerusalem. He leads one world religious system.

God is using satan to test people. The one third I believe are here now. They have to be tested. Majority will worship antichrist near future. The one third will fail the test.
Too lazy to study the bible or playing church. Get the picture.

Revelation chapter 20 . This is the millennium. It's time of teaching and discipline for the spirtualty dead or wicked. At end of millennium. Satan will test them again. God is using satan to test people.

We understand this.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is using satan to test people near future.
Ezekiel chapter 28 . Lucifer will go into lake of fire at end of millennium.

No, fallen angels won't submit to God's will. They love Lucifer and will die for him. The fallen angels are evil and you can't reason with them.

Jeremiah chapter 4 tells us about first earth age. Satan led one third of God's children in rebellion against God. Satan wanted the Mercy seat, and to be worshipped.
Revelation chapter 12 is cross reference.

Revelation chapter 13 . The one world political system receives deadly wound near future. Satan in his role as false messiah appears in Jerusalem. He leads one world religious system.

God is using satan to test people. The one third I believe are here now. They have to be tested. Majority will worship antichrist near future. The one third will fail the test.
Too lazy to study the bible or playing church. Get the picture.

Revelation chapter 20 . This is the millennium. It's time of teaching and discipline for the spirtualty dead or wicked. At end of millennium. Satan will test them again. God is using satan to test people.

We understand this.
How does Sovereign Omniscience that tells us all things are his will according to divine plan test humans created to be fallen in the first place? And as such, open to the leading of the Lord of this world that God put here.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan always wanted to be God and will do everything he can to pretend he is Christ when he's here to deceive the world. It’s important to remember that Lucifer which is another name for Satan, had challenged the fairness and justice of God. He had started with his lies in heaven, and the very idea of telling a lie had never entered the minds of the angels. So the angels didn’t grasp all that lay behind Lucifer’s deceptions. So we see what Satan wanted from the start and what had come into his heart.
Isaiah 14:12-13
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:’

But Christ is the true morning star as we see in Revelation:
Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Now the place that Lucifer wants it to be at 'the mount of the congregation' in the 'north' which is God's throne..
We find the same in Psalm 48:1-2:
Psalm 48:1-2
1 Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.
2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.

If God had destroyed Satan immediately, the angels would have begun to serve Him from fear rather than from love. This would have defeated the very purpose He had in creating beings with the power of choice in the first place. God gave Satan a chance to demonstrate his system which he wanted to bring in to replace that of God. That’s why Satan was given an opportunity to show it to the worlds, and to Adam and Eve who allowed the deception here. So our world become the testing ground where Satan and his character and the nature of the kingdom he wants, are contrasted with the character of God and the nature of His kingdom. So who we choose is important and Satan will throw a curveball at us at the end.

We know that Satan can transform himself to a 'angel of light' and will show himself at the end claiming worship that belongs to God and wanting to be God. He did it in heaven and deceived a third of the angels and they followed him.
Revelation 12:3-4
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

And Satan will do it again at the end. But we know how it ends.
You are making assumed conclusions. they could be right or wrong, but there is no way to validate your musings. the bible is silent on WHY God did not destroy satan so we should be as well.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God knew what He liked about Satan, when He created him - even if Satan fell, it would not change what God liked.

This saying is not a comfort in the beginning, but it is both a joy and a comfort, in the end.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God knew what He liked about Satan, when He created him - even if Satan fell, it would not change what God liked.

This saying is not a comfort in the beginning, but it is both a joy and a comfort, in the end.
Agreed. I'm looking forward to Satan's redemption and reconciled to God. Love it. Get so much joy knowing this will be a reality. And certainly is a comfort Gottservant.

Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Agreed. I'm looking forward to Satan's redemption and reconciled to God. Love it. Get so much joy knowing this will be a reality. And certainly is a comfort Gottservant.
I think what's profound is that saying "if I had the power of God, there would be many things I would change; but if I had the wisdom of God, I wouldn't change a thing".

You could phrase it like this "If I knew what Satan's mockery was before God, I would most certainly hold it against him; but if I knew what strength resisting mockery brings in wisdom, I wouldn't hold against him even a thing"

These things are a matter of yielding, growing in spirit and discerning that the path (that leads to life) truly is narrow.

Reactions: 12question

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
How does Sovereign Omniscience that tells us all things are his will according to divine plan test humans created to be fallen in the first place? And as such, open to the leading of the Lord of this world that God put here.
Hi @BlessedPeace

I hope you like this cartoon I made . . .
1706686207958.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BlessedPeace

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

# 1)
God LOVES All of His creations.

#2)
God made His created “spirits” and His created “manKind” to have “instincts And Freewill”.

#3)
God has an Express “Order and Way”.
(Created And Made).

Order…of Creation, in BRIEF.

Order…of Creation and Made able to communicate.(Heaven, spirits, Earth, Light, plants, animals, man, etc.)

Way…of Creation to communicate.(soul, senses)

Order…and Way of receiving Knowledge, (little by little)

Way…Discovery, Mulling, Deciphering Knowledge.

Way…Trying, testing Knowledge, recognizing outcome.

Order…Firsts, identified. (Created spirits) (Created WITH Gods Truth…Yet WITHOUT Gods Understanding).

Way…Firsts God pleased, with their (many) FREEWILL choices.

Way…Firsts God disappointed, with their (some) FREEWILL choices.

Order…Gods (manKIND) seconds, thirds, etc.

Order…created manKIND WITHOUT Knowledge of Gods Truth, WITHOUT Understanding of Gods Knowledge.

Way….God pleased, God disappointed, PER (ManKind) individual seconds, thirds, etc. Continuing from beginning to this day.

Order and Way…(manKIND) Learning Knowledge About Gods Truth…
Some ACCEPTING….pleasing to God.
Many REJECTING…disappointing to God.

While the ORDER and WAY of God IS Constant…
What APPLIES to one KIND of created and made thing does not EXPRESSLY (by all means) APPLY to another KIND of created and made thing.

What DOES “expressly” APPLY to Created and Made (spirit-KIND) and (man-KIND)…
IS their FREEWILL to CHOOSE to LOVE the Lord God Almighty……..OR NOT.

Regarding SPIRITS…
They were created with the GIFT OF LIFE to LIVE FOREVER. They can NEVER be DESTROYED
Their Freewill to Love God….or Not
Spirits that Love God? Destiny, LIVE WITH God Forever.
Spirits that Do NOT Love God? Destiny, LIVE WITHOUT God Forever.

Regarding Created spirits AND Created manKIND…
Judgement (per the Evidence) AND Sentencing (per the Judgement)…
IS according to Gods Determination, as Revealed IN Gods WORD (Scripture)
Gods TRUTH (Jesus)
of WHAT (Love of God)
applies to WHOM (spirits / manKIND)
and WHEN.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Short Answer.
God did not “Create Satan” in the beginning.
Lucifer was “Created” and then MADE “Satan”.

What was Created in the beginning, was a Concept…of Good and Evil.

Lucifer was created GOOD, (knowing GOOD and EVIL) and freely chose the path of EVIL.

A Spirit being LIVES Forever.
Spirit beings are NEVER destroyed.
They are either WITH or WITHOUT God Forever.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: ScottA

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
#2)
God made His created “spirits” and His created “manKind” to have “instincts And Freewill”.
Another question - Does God change His mind somewhere along the line regarding His granting free will?

When and why does He take it away from His creations?

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does Satan know scripture?

Does Satan fear God?

Is God Omniscient and omnipotent and Omnipresent?

Then there's a logical problem with your question.

Reactions: ScottA

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Short Answer.
God did not “Create Satan” in the beginning.
Lucifer was “Created” and then MADE “Satan”.

What was Created in the beginning, was a Concept…of Good and Evil.

Lucifer was created GOOD, (knowing GOOD and EVIL) and freely chose the path of EVIL.

A Spirit being LIVES Forever.
Spirit beings are NEVER destroyed.
They are either WITH or WITHOUT God Forever.

Glory to God,
Taken

Isn't God Omnipresent?

There is nowhere God is not there.

So how is it that someone is separated from God?