Why do bad things happen to good people?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this were true, would we be commanded to become like little children, do you think?
Those who are not accountable are not judged, are they?
BTW, for to have faith as a little child (infant), they first must be born again by God's Holy Spirit.
Ref. KJV- Luke 11[
17] Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. (Shall not enter into the KoG)
Do you trust God, as does an infant with its parents?
That's the TYPE of faith we are to have with God!
Do you TRUST Jesus??

KJV- John 3[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see [perceive] the kingdom of God.
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jesus Himself, IS THE KoG!!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wadr you say "since birth" but doesn't Scripture say from our youth?

Yes, a new born has inherited a 'sin nature' from Adam...but it doesn't have any 'sins'. If dying would go straight to the Father. The sin nature IMHO give us the desire and potential for sin...if yielded to. Jesus, born of Mary, had the potential to sin...if He yielded to it , which obviously, He did not...
His desire was always to do the Fathers will. Ours is always do do our will, and what seems right in our eyes.

Paul never denied ( Rom 7) that he had the sin nature trying to raise it's head within, but (Rom 8) , Paul knew how to overcome it and not sin. Through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That's my two cents.

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, a new born has inherited a 'sin nature' from Adam...but it doesn't have any 'sins'. If dying would go straight to the Father. The sin nature IMHO give us the desire and potential for sin...if yielded to. Jesus, born of Mary, had the potential to sin...if He yielded to it , which obviously, He did not...
His desire was always to do the Fathers will. Ours is always do do our will, and what seems right in our eyes.

Paul never denied ( Rom 7) that he had the sin nature trying to raise it's head within, but (Rom 8) , Paul knew how to overcome it and not sin. Through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That's my two cents.
As shocking as it may sound, what does "condemned ALREADY" (KJV) mean?
Tomorrow?
Sometimes?
Maybe?
Not now, but later?
After death?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question:
Did Moses take Chemistry 1?
Did he understand the element of Oxygen?
No! He didn't! All he knew was that it was the "breath of life", as every mother hopes for, when giving birth to a child, their first gasp for AIR.
Today, WE NOW KNOW what "the breath of life" is, which is nothing more than the air we breathe, which is Oxygen.

Did you want it to be so, that we do GET A soul?
Not going to happen!
KJV- Gen. 2:7- "man BECAME a living soul".
If that don't do it for you, then check out Gen. 6:17.
Are you now thinking that animals were given an eternal soul, too??
Really, how far do you want to take that "religious" mumbo-jumbo?....to the Lord's cross?
Well actually, some do try, but then they have to leave the Bible to do it.

Unfortunately the hyper "religious" just can't let go of their old school thinking of "the church father's", who were as equally smart in Chemistry as Moses!
No one, and I mean NO ONE is/was born with an eternal soul/life except Jesus!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As shocking as it may sound, what does "condemned ALREADY" (KJV) mean?
Tomorrow?
Sometimes?
Maybe?
Not now, but later?
After death?

Condemnation hung over mankind. If it had not then Jesus would not have come to die to set us free from it.
Yet He did and He did it to the fullness.

Paul didn't come to Mars Hill and say " You are condemned already".
No Paul said -
23 "For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, 'To The Unknown God'. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, Him declare I unto you."

'While we were yet sinners Christ died...'

You seem to have a glass half empty....

Col 1.20 “And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.”

Just saying...

Reactions: Nancy

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed! But not all are IN Christ!
Are they saved, or do they remain as "condemned already"?
By my thinking there is a second death for those that are condemned already.
John 3:18 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Second Death:
In summary, the second death is a reference to the lake of fire where those who are separated from God by their sin will dwell for eternity. This judgment was recorded in Scripture as a warning to unbelievers to seek the salvation that Jesus Christ provides. The coming judgment should also challenge believers to share their faith. There is a vast difference between the final destination of those who know Christ and those who do not.

Esp. vs. Rev.20:6

Revelation 20 BSB

Thank you!
You often quote the book and chapter, but not the verse(s), so I was a little confused. I wasn't aware of that particular abbreviation.
Yeah, Something that I was studying.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But then again, people are quoting from everything and anything these days! Is it any wonder there is so much confusion?
The BSB is translated from the Westcott & Hort Greek text. All Newer Bibles of today, including the JW bible.
The KJV is translated from the Text Receptus Greek text. Middle of the Protestant Reformation.
Both texts are two different schools of thought.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Condemnation hung over mankind. If it had not then Jesus would not have come to die to set us free from it.
Yet He did and He did it to the fullness.

Paul didn't come to Mars Hill and say " You are condemned already".
No Paul said -
23 "For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, 'To The Unknown God'. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, Him declare I unto you."

'While we were yet sinners Christ died...'

You seem to have a glass half empty....

Col 1.20 “And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.”

Just saying...
Ok, then I will put it to you this way, as to how you believe:
John 3[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but [also] he that believeth not is [not] condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Are you saying that everyone is saved, whether they agree with God or not?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok, then I will put it to you this way, as to how you believe:
John 3[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but [also] he that believeth not is [not] condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Are you saying that everyone is saved, whether they agree with God or not?

I am saying that everyone IS redeemed /saved...whether the know it or not...and most don't.

The Blood was for the high price of redemption. And, He redeemed at full price!
Mankind, as a whole, has just not seen the truth , or the price He paid for them.
:(
"For God so Loved the world..."

Are you not making a doctrine out of one favourite scripture?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No Son of Man may die for another's sin though, right?
Flesh and blood cannot inherit the KoG.
IOWs, those who are only flesh and blood, cannot inherit eternal life!
So what shall happen to them?
No eternal life, therefore they can't go on living!
They shall reap what they inherited "already", and that is death, aka "condemnation". John 3:18
If you dig a pit for others, you end up in it yourself
though, right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
BTW, for to have faith as a little child (infant), they first must be born again by God's Holy Spirit.
Ref. KJV- Luke 11[
17] Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. (Shall not enter into the KoG)
Do you trust God, as does an infant with its parents?
That's the TYPE of faith we are to have with God!
Do you TRUST Jesus??

KJV- John 3[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see [perceive] the kingdom of God.
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jesus Himself, IS THE KoG!!
is this supposed to serve as an answer to my Q? Ty then, and ok

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean, I wouldn't be brave to try it with just anyone, but...epi, Helen, Nancy, Amadeus, faithfulness...I just am not afraid of you guys. I know you're mine and I am yours.
Thanks much for this but no facebook for me. I won't detail the reasons why I quit there several years ago, but for me nothing has changed. It remains off limits. I'll see you all here or via e-mail

Reactions: Helen