Why do bad things happen to good people?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Facebook sort of does it all for you after you give the permissions and friend the person. I'm very computer dumb so they made it quite easy.

I talked with Epi and his wife this morning. It was too wonderful. To see and hear people you have loved and been closer to than even those around you is just...its a shot in the arm, that's what it is!

Well! If there are any out there that can instruct me on how to connect, I am not Afraid, rely I am not the least bit ascared ! LOL

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I ain't afraid a you neither. I've been reading your posts. I will pm you.

I still don't understand the "settings and permissions" thingy on FB.
Im always afraid of clicking the wrong button. Eeeeekkkkkk

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saying that everyone IS redeemed /saved...whether the know it or not...and most don't.

The Blood was for the high price of redemption. And, He redeemed at full price!
Mankind, as a whole, has just not seen the truth , or the price He paid for them.
:(
"For God so Loved the world..."

Are you not making a doctrine out of one favourite scripture?

His blood is POTENT! It is so sad that so many have and will continue to love their sin and darkness too much to see His redemption, to grasp a hold of it. To receive His gift. :(

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I just discovered video chat on facebook and I will tell you, its wonderful to see and hear each other! So you CAN actually see and hear each other. Its a blessing that video chat!!
Oh boy, this sounds so exiting! I wonder, can it be done with more than just 2 people @stunnedbygrace ? We could have some awesome fellowship! Always wanted to meet many on here, thought I would have to wait till heaven :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, a new born has inherited a 'sin nature' from Adam...but it doesn't have any 'sins'. If dying would go straight to the Father. The sin nature IMHO give us the desire and potential for sin...if yielded to. Jesus, born of Mary, had the potential to sin...if He yielded to it , which obviously, He did not...
His desire was always to do the Fathers will. Ours is always do do our will, and what seems right in our eyes.

Paul never denied ( Rom 7) that he had the sin nature trying to raise it's head within, but (Rom 8) , Paul knew how to overcome it and not sin. Through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That's my two cents.
Very good Helen but this is one where I still disagree with you... and probably with most everyone else here. I don't bring it up often because people don't like to hear that all dying children might not go directly to be always with God.

For me it seems that Adam and Eve our first parents died when they disobeyed God. Dead people do not give birth to live children so every physical child born to a physical mother is effectively born dead in the eyes of God because both parents were dead. They may have hope but until they receive the Life which Jesus brought they remain dead to God.

The only exception I might see for a child is if the child was born to parents who had received the Life that Jesus brought... and... the child died while still subject to those parents and definitely had not come to the place where he/she could say yea or nay to God for his/herself. Young children dying before they can make such a choice receive what the parents receive or have. Parents who have not received Life are already dead. Only the shell of flesh is here but it is dead and their yound young are also already dead. This is not giving them a destination of unending torment, but simply of non-existence.

Parents may say here that the child should not punished for the parents mistakes, but they are not. They simply are not rewarded with good things. They are simply are not. If the parents really want more for their children then they must obtain first more for themselves:

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Prov 22:6

If a parent really trains up a child properly in the ways of God, the child will NOT depart from it, but how many parents are like that? My father may have been, but I never lived with my father from the time my mother left him before I was old enough to remember. My mother never lived for God while I was still in her home. She may changed that before her death, but had no direct impact on me.

I could say more but won't unless someone asks or presents some argument so as to convince me away from where I am on this.

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Very good Helen but this is one where I still disagree with you... and probably with most everyone else here. I don't bring it up often because people don't like to hear that all dying children might not go directly to be always with God.

For me it seems that Adam and Eve our first parents died when they disobeyed God. Dead people do not give birth to live children so every physical child born to a physical mother is effectively born dead in the eyes of God because both parents were dead. They may have hope but until they receive the Life which Jesus brought they remain dead to God.

The only exception I might see for a child is if the child was born to parents who had received the Life that Jesus brought... and... the child died while still subject to those parents and definitely had not come to the place where he/she could say yea or nay to God for his/herself. Young children dying before they can make such a choice receive what the parents receive or have. Parents who have not received Life are already dead. Only the shell of flesh is here but it is dead and their yound young are also already dead. This is not giving them a destination of unending torment, but simply of non-existence.

Parents may say here that the child should not punished for the parents mistakes, but they are not. They simply are not rewarded with good things. They are simply are not. If the parents really want more for their children then they must obtain first more for themselves:

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Prov 22:6

If a parent really trains up a child properly in the ways of God, the child will NOT depart from it, but how many parents are like that? My father may have been, but I never lived with my father from the time my mother left him before I was old enough to remember. My mother never lived for God while I was still in her home. She may changed that before her death, but had no direct impact on me.

I could say more but won't unless someone asks or presents some argument so as to convince me away from where I am on this.

Interesting. :)

From where I sit, with the amount of abortions of the innocent ..and
I know those scriptures stating God saw them in the womb were for Jeremiah, and John the baptists future...but if God saw and 'knew' them, then he saw and knows all.

( 5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." )

I believe He sees us from beginning to end. So, at this time, we will just agree to disagree . :)

....H

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By my thinking there is a second death for those that are condemned already.
John 3:18 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Second Death:
Yes! There is a second death, but it is NOT by the meaning of how "religion" delivers it.
In the KJV, notice that the words "is condemned already", is in the present tense. And that is so, because the "judgment" upon Adam, is what we have "already" inherited. We are all born WITHOUT eternal life or existence of any kind.
Though many shall point to the Law and sin, that is only in place because we ARE INCOMPLETE.
We DON'T HAVE Eternal Life, apart from Christ!
That's it! That's ALL it is all about. Through faith in Christ, we are being GIVEN what Adam lost.
Eternal Life!!
The judgment, to escape Adam's judgment of death, is to have faith in Christ. Not in some futuristic date.
IT IS NOW, in the moment we believe/place our faith in Him.
Jesus Himself is the judgment, and it is operative by one's belief or unbelief in Him!!

If you have come to God through faith in Christ, then YOU HAVE "appeared" before Him, and you have been declared "not condemned".
Hear the scripture:

Heb. 12[22] But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
[23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
[24] And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Were you thinking that you shall be "judged" again, in some manner, that is contrary to your salvation?
Not so! You are either saved now, or you are not!
To believe other wise is error!!
You are either "not condemned" or you are "condemned already", and all of that is accomplished in THIS life time.
The next event from Heaven is:
Heb. 9[28] So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;
and unto them that look for him
shall he appear the second time
without sin UNTO SALVATION
IOWs, when Jesus returns in all His Glory, He won't be looking for sin, but rather His OWN, because by we who have faith in His Blood, we are all made to be "sin-less" before the Father!!

John 8[36] If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too, I go bra-less on Saturdays Tuesdays Thursdays and wear my scruff clothes those days too.
Is that oversharing?

..View attachment 6574
Of course it was not "oversharing"! It was revealing because, now we will know not to Skype with you on Saturdays Tuesdays and Thursdays :D I would have to put my lower partial in :eek: Lol.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! There is a second death, but it is NOT by the meaning of how "religion" delivers it.
In the KJV, notice that the words "is condemned already", is in the present tense. And that is so, because the "judgment" upon Adam, is what we have "already" inherited. We are all born WITHOUT eternal life or existence of any kind.
Though many shall point to the Law and sin, that is only in place because we ARE INCOMPLETE.
We DON'T HAVE Eternal Life, apart from Christ!
That's it! That's ALL it is all about. Through faith in Christ, we are being GIVEN what Adam lost.
Eternal Life!!
The judgment, to escape Adam's judgment of death, is to have faith in Christ. Not in some futuristic date.
IT IS NOW, in the moment we believe/place our faith in Him.
Jesus Himself is the judgment, and it is operative by one's belief or unbelief in Him!!

If you have come to God through faith in Christ, then YOU HAVE "appeared" before Him, and you have been declared "not condemned".
Hear the scripture:

Heb. 12[22] But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
[23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
[24] And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Were you thinking that you shall be "judged" again, in some manner, that is contrary to your salvation?
Not so! You are either saved now, or you are not!
To believe other wise is error!!
You are either "not condemned" or you are "condemned already", and all of that is accomplished in THIS life time.
The next event from Heaven is:
Heb. 9[28] So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;
and unto them that look for him
shall he appear the second time
without sin UNTO SALVATION
IOWs, when Jesus returns in all His Glory, He won't be looking for sin, but rather His OWN, because by we who have faith in His Blood, we are all made to be "sin-less" before the Father!!

John 8[36] If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Yeah, As long as we continue in his sayings.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The second death IS UPON Christ's return from Heaven, in flaming fire, in the fullness of His Glory.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Very interesting take here, John. Yes, I understand we are born with a sin nature. But, as the wages of sin is death - let's say a child is born to unsaved parents and dies as an infant, or a toddler. Now, depending on age of accountability - which nobody seems to have a solid answer to what that might be, I suppose it would be different for each of us? Anyhow, if this child never committed a sin but died without knowing how to even speak yet, much less even know anything of Jesus...this child would just perish? Is there anything in scripture speaking to this?
So much to ponder!!! ♥

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In all of the of people during Noah's time, only a eight people were spared/saved!
1 Peter 3[18] For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
[19] By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
[20] Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Shall we talk about the children of them who drowned, since only eight people were saved, and WE KNOW who they were.
Or how about Sodom and Gomorrah? Yes! It was only Lot and his family who were spared, the rest were burned up! Any children? Of course, BUT only Lot and his family were spared!!

I think that we all really DO KNOW, but our human mind does NOT want to accept it.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think God was framed