Why do Catholics…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So? Every organization and branch has “different rules”...What do I care...I don’t.

Why can you not stop yourself from lying?
Are you really that incompetent...you do not know....
TO Interpret is TO arrive at the Meaning, which IS UNDERSTANDING!
So, when I just said...Understanding comes FROM GOD...
Why do then say....”when I interpret the Bible”....?

I don’t HAVE thousands of denominations...nor care what each different Church calls themselves, or whatever little rules they set up...
(9 am service, come as you are, control your children, blah, blah...who cares?)
Catholic Churches all called Catholic, name their own churches, have their own little rules they set up...
(10 am service, tithe online, bow to statues of mary, blah, blah...who cares?)

Couldn’t say, I haven’t the time or interest to go to the supposed thousands of different Protestant denominational churches.

The one True Church Jesus established...that He called ‘my church’.
(You know?) The one that is open 24-7, everyday...and the High Priest is available 24-7, everyday....no locked doors, no altar, no dress requirement, no fashion show, no flowers, no statues, no trinkets, no entertainment, no gossiping, no business deals, no special water, no money collection...
(Get it?)
Church...with My Lord, My Teacher...and Bowing in Prayer, Praise and Worship to My Lord God Almighty.
Yes, yes. I am incompetent liar....You caught me.

I know, I know. YOU don't interpret the bible. God does. And then you write down what He interpreted. I get it. I get it. I'm still trying to figure out if you hear a voice? Or does your hand just start writing down the interpretation without you controlling your hand? Or does a voice pop in your head and you write down what that voice tells you to write down???? It doesn't matter, I just know you are always right because GOD is interpreting for YOU.

A church that is open 24-7, everyday...and the High Priest is available 24-7, everyday....no locked doors, no altar, no dress requirement, no fashion show, no flowers, no statues, no trinkets, no entertainment, no gossiping, no business deals, no special water, no money collection!!

FINALLY.....I GET IT!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: THANK YOU TAKEN!!

All I have to do is be present in the Lord, bow in prayer, praise and worship to My Lord Almighty God.....AND I CAN DO THAT ANYWHERE!! I don't need a building to go to! No alter...no dress requirement, flowers statues etc etc. I can stay in my house and be a good Christian and fullfill what was commanded of me by Jesus and the Apostles.

Oh...wait!! Where do I go to fulfill Matthew 18:17????:eek:

Mary

PS: is your job, by chance, a writer for comic books?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should fix that.
I am trying to fix it great teacher but I don't have the wisdom that you do. I am still a tadpole while you clearly have evolved into a frog!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forget some worse things . Like actually praying to angels , to saints , to mary . yeah
my advice is may all that has breath flee from her pits and run to Christ and learn those bibles well .

Yeah but they do not call it real prayer. So I avoided rambling through the bushes.

It seems MARYNOG is fed up with me anyway.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok....Hmmm.....so you have been taught by your men that Truth is determined by Scripture
I will stop you right there. The scripture itself is it's own authority.
KJV Isaiah 8:20
20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them

As for the bread.... See my signature below.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Teh bible is not of anyone's interpretation, but Holy Men of God spoke as they were given utterance by the Holy Spirit! I remember reading that. I believe it as written, no interpretation, just acceptance!
I want you to know that I love your "teh" It is a signature of yours for me. I know whose post it is when I read that.

Don't change it. It has never taken one iota of truth from your posts.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want you to know that I love your "teh" It is a signature of yours for me. I know whose post it is when I read that.

Don't change it. It has never taken one iota of truth from your posts.

thanks! I have chronic arthritis and rely heavy on spell check to help me. when it does not underline my "teh" I post! But thanks.

Reactions: Cassandra

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
thanks! I have chronic arthritis and rely heavy on spell check to help me. when it does not underline my "teh" I post! But thanks.
There was an Aussie guy used to chat here regularly a year or so ago, he had the exact same idiosyncracy. I am not sure if it was a physical thing like yours, or dyslexia or just Google. But like Cassandra says with yours, always a signature dish on the menu. :)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, yes. I am incompetent liar....You caught me.

I know, I know. YOU don't interpret the bible. God does. And then you write down what He interpreted. I get it. I get it. I'm still trying to figure out if you hear a voice? Or does your hand just start writing down the interpretation without you controlling your hand? Or does a voice pop in your head and you write down what that voice tells you to write down???? It doesn't matter, I just know you are always right because GOD is interpreting for YOU.

A church that is open 24-7, everyday...and the High Priest is available 24-7, everyday....no locked doors, no altar, no dress requirement, no fashion show, no flowers, no statues, no trinkets, no entertainment, no gossiping, no business deals, no special water, no money collection!!

FINALLY.....I GET IT!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: THANK YOU TAKEN!!

All I have to do is be present in the Lord, bow in prayer, praise and worship to My Lord Almighty God.....AND I CAN DO THAT ANYWHERE!! I don't need a building to go to! No alter...no dress requirement, flowers statues etc etc. I can stay in my house and be a good Christian and fullfill what was commanded of me by Jesus and the Apostles.

Oh...wait!! Where do I go to fulfill Matthew 18:17????:eek:

Mary

PS: is your job, by chance, a writer for comic books?
It's very telling that your principle concern is how to discipline people. While I have some sympathy for you in regards to being an active member of a local church, the motives for being so go a little deeper than having a club to police the naughty.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was an Aussie guy used to chat here regularly a year or so ago, he had the exact same idiosyncracy. I am not sure if it was a physical thing like yours, or dyslexia or just Google. But like Cassandra says with yours, always a signature dish on the menu. :)

Thanks!

It is arthritis and if spell check doesn't underline it- it stays!o_O

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them
You stop right there. The law is fulfilled, and "testimony" can only be given orally (which you reject). "This word" is in direct reference to the previous verse:
19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits and unto the wizards, that chirp and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? on behalf of the living [should they seek] unto the dead?
It condemns necromancy in particular and the occult in general. Ellen G. White is known to have practiced channeling.
"Word of God" is rarely used, if ever, in the context of the written word alone. Don't take my word for it, go to any Bible search engine and search "word of God" and see for yourself.
As for your signature, Jesus was emphatic that His Body and Blood (in the from of consecrated Bread and Wine) was real. Jesus taught a Real Presence, not a real absence.

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey Brakelite,

I will stop you right there ;)....The theory that "Scripture itself is it's own authority" makes no sense. It takes man, guided by the Holy Spirit, to properly interpret Scripture. Scripture teaches that there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit! Not all have the gift of interpretation (1 Corinthians 12). So your theory, of which you use Scripture to validate, is debunked by Scripture.

Do you believe that YOU speak according to His word?

In regard to your "signature below" concerning "bread" here is evidence from Scripture of how you have been taught wrong:

Jereimiah said that HE ate the words that were given to him by God. That means he cheerfully received them, treasured them, digested them in his mind and retained them. To conflate what Jerimiah did into us reading the words of Jesus is a bizarre twisting of Scripture. Your twisting of Jerimiah at least accounts for 'eating His words'! It doesn't account for 'drinking His words'. Sooooo how do you 'drink His words' Brakelite?

In 33AD Jesus TOLD YOU must eat his body and drink his blood.

At the Last Supper he SHOWED YOU how to eat/drink his body/blood and he said to do it in
remembrance of him.

About 20 years later (54AD) the Apostle Paul wrote: Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the LORD. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

Many of His disciples turned back and no longer walked with Him after He said those things because they knew that he LITERALLY meant eat him. If they thought he meant reading his words they would not have walked away like you have.

However, you have been taught that you eat His words and (I presume) also DRINK his words? That is how you 'participate in the body/blood of Christ'?

When you eat/drink His words (read the bible) HOW do you examine yourself beforehand so you don't bring judgement upon yourself? How is one 'judged' just for reading His words?

Jesus taught us to pray "give us this day our daily bread". When we say The Lords Prayer are we really asking God to 'give us this day our daily reading of Scripture'? Is that what you have been taught?

I believe @amadeus has this same interpretation of Scripture that you have. I don't recall him being able to give any legitimate answers to my questions. I hope you can.

God bless...Mary

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Brakelite,

I will stop you right there ;)....The theory that "Scripture itself is it's own authority" makes no sense. It takes man, guided by the Holy Spirit, to properly interpret Scripture. Scripture teaches that there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit! Not all have the gift of interpretation (1 Corinthians 12). So your theory, of which you use Scripture to validate, is debunked by Scripture.

Do you believe that YOU speak according to His word?

In regard to your "signature below" concerning "bread" here is evidence from Scripture of how you have been taught wrong:

Jereimiah said that HE ate the words that were given to him by God. That means he cheerfully received them, treasured them, digested them in his mind and retained them. To conflate what Jerimiah did into us reading the words of Jesus is a bizarre twisting of Scripture. Your twisting of Jerimiah at least accounts for 'eating His words'! It doesn't account for 'drinking His words'. Sooooo how do you 'drink His words' Brakelite?

In 33AD Jesus TOLD YOU must eat his body and drink his blood.

At the Last Supper he SHOWED YOU how to eat/drink his body/blood and he said to do it in
remembrance of him.

God bless...Mary

Well let us clear up the myth of transubstantiation!

At the Last Supper which was a typical Passover Seder, there was a trifold napkin containing 3 pieces of matzah or unleavened bread.

Teh participants also drank four cups of wine at differing times during the meal, each cup had a different meaning!

first the bread. the particular matzah Jesus took was the middle pita in the second fold of the tri fold napkin. (Representing Himself as the second person of the triune God). this one was different than the other two. Like the others it had to be unleavened (representing purity), but it also had to be striped and pierced (his whipping and crucifixion). He took that matzah, split it in half, tucked half back in the napkin (HIs burial) and shared the other half with the guests. Later the other half was removed to be consumed (His resurrection) All Jesus did was explain the meaning of a particular part of the Seder! all parts of the Seder has symbolic meanings and now these parts in there symbols were defined. Jesus said when you eat the bread and drink the cup , we are to do it as a memorial (that is what the word remembrance means in the original) so it is a memorial to His Body which was killed.

Now for the cup.

The four cups of wine, known in Hebrew as arba kosot, are drunk by each participant at the Passover seder service.

This ceremony is prescribed by the Mishnah as a duty to be observed by even the poorest man (Pes. 10: 1). The four cups are drunk in the following order: (1) the Kiddush at the start of the seder; (2) at the conclusion of the main part of the Haggadah which ends with the Ge'ullah ("Redemption") benediction; (3) at the end of the Grace after Meals; and (4) at the conclusion of the Nishmat hymn ("Birkat ha-Shir"). Only the second and fourth cups were added for the seder meal since the drinking of the two other cups forms part of every meal on Sabbaths and holidays. The reason for four cups is based by the rabbis upon the midrashic interpretation of Exodus 6:6–7, where four different terms of deliverance are employed: "I will bring you out … deliver you … redeem you … and will take you to Me for a people," etc. (Ex. R. 6:4). Other symbolic explanations for the four cups are that they correspond to the four cups of Pharaoh mentioned in Genesis, ch. 40, or to the four ancient kingdoms which oppressed Israel and for which God requites Israel with four cups of consolation (TJ, Pes. 10:1, 37b–c).

Other examples of the special symbolic significance of the number four in the Haggadah are the Four Questions ("Mah Nishtannah"). Four Sons, and the four types of food at the seder meal: unleavened bread (matzah), lamb, bitter herbs, and ḥaroset. Some rabbis in the Talmud required a fifth cup of wine for the fifth expression of redemption "I shall bring you" (Pes. 118a, according to the text found in R. Hananel and Alfasi); this became symbolized in the cup of Elijah on the seder table. The four cups of wine should be drunk in a reclined position, as in Roman times reclining was a sign of freedom. Each cup has to contain at least a ¼ log (0.137 liter; Sh. Ar, OḤ 472:9). Red wine is to be preferred but because of the blood accusations in Europe, white wine was often used (see Blood Libel ).

1. “Kos Rishon” – The First Cup

The first cup of wine accompanies Kiddush. The function of Kiddush is to give expression to the Sanctification of Time (not the magazine); that is, the ability of Time to be invested with holiness.

This sanctification manifests itself in relation to Shabbat and the Holidays. The Shabbat was sanctified by G-d, in order for us to remember both the creation and the Exodus. We were commanded to sanctify the Festivals by means of establishing the Rosh Chodesh, the beginnings of the various months, in the Sanhedrin, the Jewish equivalent of Congress and the Supreme Court.

Each of the Festivals has a distinctive nature and, for the Jew, the question “Mah Yom MiYomayim?” “Why or How is this day different in its nature from other days?” always has a unique answer, as we shall see in connection with the first of the Four Questions.

In Kiddush, we thank G-d for being the “Mekadesh Yisrael V’HaZmanim,” the One Who made Israel holy, and thereby gave Israel the mastery over time to be able to confer holiness upon the Festivals.

2. “Kos Sheni” – The Second Cup

This cup is drunk after the fulfillment of the Mitzvah of “Sipur Yetziat Mitzrayim,” “Telling the Story of the Exodus of the Jewish People from Egypt.”

The first part of Hallel has been recited, in which G-d is praised for being our constant source of salvation in every generation of the Jewish Past. When reciting that Section, we were raised to an emotional climax when we recited the blessing in which we became the first recipients of G-d’ s Salvation, even before our ancestors, “Who redeemed us and our fathers;” “us” before our “fathers.”
We request that G-d bring the Final Redemption and that once again, we will have the opportunity to celebrate future Passover’s and the other Festivals in Jerusalem and at the Temple.

“Blessed are You, O L-rd, Who has Redeemed Israel.”

This is followed immediately by the blessing over the wine and our drinking of it. This is the cup where the obligation to lean on one’s left side as an expression of freedom, while drinking, is strongest.

3. “Kos Sh’lishi” – The Third Cup

The third cup is drunk at the conclusion of the “Bircat HaMazon,” the Blessing which we recite at the end of a full meal. It represents our gratitude to Hashem for being the “Zan et HaKol,” the One Who sustains all of Creation, Who showers blessings upon the Land of Israel, during Festivals the One Who defined the unique holiness of each, and the One Who is rebuilding and will continue to rebuild Jerusalem.

4. “Kos Revii” – The Fourth Cup

This cup is drunk after the concluding portion of Hallel is recited. According to Jewish Tradition, this portion is focused on the future, and asks G-d to redeem Israel and humanity-at-large, and usher in the period spoken of by the Prophets, in which “Nishmat kol chai tevarech et shimecha, Hashem” “The soul of every living thing will bless Your Name, O G-d.”

At that time, all of humanity will come to the realization that “lecha tov l’hodot, u’leshimecha naeh lezamer,” “to you it is good to give thanks, and to Your Name it is fitting to sing,” because truly, Hashem is the “Melech Kel, Chai HaOlamim,” “Almighty King, Life of the Universe.”

Jesus took the fourth cup, the cup or redemption! After that they sang the Hallel and left for the Seder was over. So it is not transubstantiation, but a defining parts of teh Seder and what they meant!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It takes man, guided by the Holy Spirit, to properly interpret Scripture.
Do you need another to interpret other books you read in your own language?
Many of His disciples turned back and no longer walked with Him after He said those things because they knew thought that he LITERALLY meant eat him.
Edited.
How is one 'judged' just for reading His words?
You are judged according to your response to those words. Whether you obey them or not. Tell us. Do you obey the commandments Mary?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your analogy makes no sense brakelite.

Scripture makes it clear that some men twist Scripture to their own destruction by distorting it. Scripture makes it clear that there are false teachers who will itch the ears of others with their false teachings from Scripture and those ears who are itched will turn away from the Truth. How will they twist Scripture and itch the ears of others brakelite???? They will do it by falsely interpreting Scripture.....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Edited.
You not only edit my words but you also edit Scripture to fit what your Protestant men have taught you. Your men have taught you that Jesus was using a metaphor. What they didn't teach you is that in John 6 the Greek word used for “eats” (trogon) is very blunt and has the sense of “chewing” or “gnawing.” This is not the language of metaphor. Also, Jesus prefaced the Bread of Life Discourse by linking the actual eating of manna (REAL FOOD) to eating Him. Your Protestant men also didn't teach you that He tied it all up in a nice little present by holding up a piece of bread and TOLD YOU that this IS my body. Paul even said that we participate in the Body of Christ when we eat the bread. But you ignore all of that and listen to your Protestant men instead...How sad. :(

How about instead of reading the writings of your Protestant men of the 1600's you read the writings of a student of the Apostle John, Ignatius of Antioch:

I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ . . . and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible” (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

“Take note of those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God. . . . They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes” (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2–7:1 [A.D. 110]).

Keeping it real with no editing of Scripture and Christian History......Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are judged according to your response to those words. Whether you obey them or not. Tell us. Do you obey the commandments Mary?
Nice dodge kiddo.....Not going to work.

Scripture says that whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the LORD. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

You and your Protestant teaching have connected the eating of bread to eating His words. So please explain how one can eat his words and bring judgment upon himself? Your THEORY has nothing to do with a response to those words so your dodgeball response wont fly with me.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well let us clear up the myth of transubstantiation!

At the Last Supper which was a typical Passover Seder, there was a trifold napkin containing 3 pieces of matzah or unleavened bread.

Teh participants also drank four cups of wine at differing times during the meal, each cup had a different meaning!

first the bread. the particular matzah Jesus took was the middle pita in the second fold of the tri fold napkin. (Representing Himself as the second person of the triune God). this one was different than the other two. Like the others it had to be unleavened (representing purity), but it also had to be striped and pierced (his whipping and crucifixion). He took that matzah, split it in half, tucked half back in the napkin (HIs burial) and shared the other half with the guests. Later the other half was removed to be consumed (His resurrection) All Jesus did was explain the meaning of a particular part of the Seder! all parts of the Seder has symbolic meanings and now these parts in there symbols were defined. Jesus said when you eat the bread and drink the cup , we are to do it as a memorial (that is what the word remembrance means in the original) so it is a memorial to His Body which was killed.

Now for the cup.

The four cups of wine, known in Hebrew as arba kosot, are drunk by each participant at the Passover seder service.

This ceremony is prescribed by the Mishnah as a duty to be observed by even the poorest man (Pes. 10: 1). The four cups are drunk in the following order: (1) the Kiddush at the start of the seder; (2) at the conclusion of the main part of the Haggadah which ends with the Ge'ullah ("Redemption") benediction; (3) at the end of the Grace after Meals; and (4) at the conclusion of the Nishmat hymn ("Birkat ha-Shir"). Only the second and fourth cups were added for the seder meal since the drinking of the two other cups forms part of every meal on Sabbaths and holidays. The reason for four cups is based by the rabbis upon the midrashic interpretation of Exodus 6:6–7, where four different terms of deliverance are employed: "I will bring you out … deliver you … redeem you … and will take you to Me for a people," etc. (Ex. R. 6:4). Other symbolic explanations for the four cups are that they correspond to the four cups of Pharaoh mentioned in Genesis, ch. 40, or to the four ancient kingdoms which oppressed Israel and for which God requites Israel with four cups of consolation (TJ, Pes. 10:1, 37b–c).

Other examples of the special symbolic significance of the number four in the Haggadah are the Four Questions ("Mah Nishtannah"). Four Sons, and the four types of food at the seder meal: unleavened bread (matzah), lamb, bitter herbs, and ḥaroset. Some rabbis in the Talmud required a fifth cup of wine for the fifth expression of redemption "I shall bring you" (Pes. 118a, according to the text found in R. Hananel and Alfasi); this became symbolized in the cup of Elijah on the seder table. The four cups of wine should be drunk in a reclined position, as in Roman times reclining was a sign of freedom. Each cup has to contain at least a ¼ log (0.137 liter; Sh. Ar, OḤ 472:9). Red wine is to be preferred but because of the blood accusations in Europe, white wine was often used (see Blood Libel ).

1. “Kos Rishon” – The First Cup

The first cup of wine accompanies Kiddush. The function of Kiddush is to give expression to the Sanctification of Time (not the magazine); that is, the ability of Time to be invested with holiness.

This sanctification manifests itself in relation to Shabbat and the Holidays. The Shabbat was sanctified by G-d, in order for us to remember both the creation and the Exodus. We were commanded to sanctify the Festivals by means of establishing the Rosh Chodesh, the beginnings of the various months, in the Sanhedrin, the Jewish equivalent of Congress and the Supreme Court.

Each of the Festivals has a distinctive nature and, for the Jew, the question “Mah Yom MiYomayim?” “Why or How is this day different in its nature from other days?” always has a unique answer, as we shall see in connection with the first of the Four Questions.

In Kiddush, we thank G-d for being the “Mekadesh Yisrael V’HaZmanim,” the One Who made Israel holy, and thereby gave Israel the mastery over time to be able to confer holiness upon the Festivals.

2. “Kos Sheni” – The Second Cup

This cup is drunk after the fulfillment of the Mitzvah of “Sipur Yetziat Mitzrayim,” “Telling the Story of the Exodus of the Jewish People from Egypt.”

The first part of Hallel has been recited, in which G-d is praised for being our constant source of salvation in every generation of the Jewish Past. When reciting that Section, we were raised to an emotional climax when we recited the blessing in which we became the first recipients of G-d’ s Salvation, even before our ancestors, “Who redeemed us and our fathers;” “us” before our “fathers.”
We request that G-d bring the Final Redemption and that once again, we will have the opportunity to celebrate future Passover’s and the other Festivals in Jerusalem and at the Temple.

“Blessed are You, O L-rd, Who has Redeemed Israel.”

This is followed immediately by the blessing over the wine and our drinking of it. This is the cup where the obligation to lean on one’s left side as an expression of freedom, while drinking, is strongest.

3. “Kos Sh’lishi” – The Third Cup

The third cup is drunk at the conclusion of the “Bircat HaMazon,” the Blessing which we recite at the end of a full meal. It represents our gratitude to Hashem for being the “Zan et HaKol,” the One Who sustains all of Creation, Who showers blessings upon the Land of Israel, during Festivals the One Who defined the unique holiness of each, and the One Who is rebuilding and will continue to rebuild Jerusalem.

4. “Kos Revii” – The Fourth Cup

This cup is drunk after the concluding portion of Hallel is recited. According to Jewish Tradition, this portion is focused on the future, and asks G-d to redeem Israel and humanity-at-large, and usher in the period spoken of by the Prophets, in which “Nishmat kol chai tevarech et shimecha, Hashem” “The soul of every living thing will bless Your Name, O G-d.”

At that time, all of humanity will come to the realization that “lecha tov l’hodot, u’leshimecha naeh lezamer,” “to you it is good to give thanks, and to Your Name it is fitting to sing,” because truly, Hashem is the “Melech Kel, Chai HaOlamim,” “Almighty King, Life of the Universe.”

Jesus took the fourth cup, the cup or redemption! After that they sang the Hallel and left for the Seder was over. So it is not transubstantiation, but a defining parts of teh Seder and what they meant!
What you have posted is what would NORMALLY happened at a Passover Sedar. But here is another point of view to think about:

The Passover meal was divided into four parts.

First, the preliminary course consisted of a festival blessing (kiddush) spoken over the first cup of wine, followed by the serving of a dish of herbs.

The second course included a recital of the Passover narrative and the “Little Hallel” (Psalm 113), followed by the drinking of the second cup of wine.

The third course was the main meal, consisting of lamb and unleavened bread, after which was drunk the third cup of wine, known as the “cup of blessing.” The Passover climaxed with the singing of the “Great Hallel” (Psalms 114-118) and the drinking of the fourth cup of wine.

New Testament scholars see this pattern reflected in the Gospel narratives of the Last Supper. In particular, the cup blessed and distributed by Jesus is identified as the third cup in the Passover Haggadah. This is apparent from the singing of the “Great Hallel” which immediately follows: “And when they had sung a hymn. . . .” (Mark 14:26). Indeed, Paul identifies this “cup of blessing” with the Eucharistic cup (1 Cor. 10:16).

At this point a significant problem arises. Instead of proceeding immediately to the climax of the Passover, the drinking of the fourth cup, we read: “And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives” (Mark 14:26). While it may be difficult for Gentile Christians unfamiliar with the Haggadah to perceive the serious disorder this sequence represents, it is not lost to Jewish readers and students of the seder. For them, Jesus skipping the fourth cup could be compared to a priest omitting the words of consecration at Mass. The fundamental purpose or goal of the liturgy seemingly was missed.

Not only is the omission conspicuous, it appears to be underscored by the words of Jesus in the preceding verse: “Truly, I say to you, I shall not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the Kingdom of God” (Mark 14:25). It is almost as though Jesus meant not to drink what he was expected to drink.

So now your theory about the myth of transubstantiation just vanished and the 2,000 year teaching of Christianity still holds true!

Reactions: Illuminator

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your analogy makes no sense brakelite.

Scripture makes it clear that some men twist Scripture to their own destruction by distorting it. Scripture makes it clear that there are false teachers who will itch the ears of others with their false teachings from Scripture and those ears who are itched will turn away from the Truth. How will they twist Scripture and itch the ears of others brakelite???? They will do it by falsely interpreting Scripture.....
it makes absolute sense!