Why do Catholics…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pot calling kettle black.
Yup, yup. That's it. The pot calling the kettle black. o_O

After all, I am just like you. ANYONE that Disagrees with HIS WORD and FALSELY ACCREDITED their words TO HIM are WRONG!!!

Well, not just like you. I believe what Scripture says in that The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. You believe you are the pillar and foundation of truth....other than that, we are just alike.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you can be called Catholic. ;)
Oh....that was cute Taken. I like it! Good job. :rolleyes:

So riddle me this cute guy: You Protestants all have different rules, teachings, salvific doctrines etc. that you believe Christ taught when you intepret the Bible. What criteria do you use to determine which one of your thousands of denominations with dozens of different doctrines is teaching the Truth? I already know that you teach the Truth because you are a student and disciple of Him by choice. But, I guess what I am asking is, what Protestant denomination comes closest to YOUR truth? Which denomination is closest to receiving what His faithful Promise offered?

Curious Mary

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a simple question: What history book did you read that in?

Or what man taught you this 'history' you are putting out?

That teaching, specifically Understanding comes from God...Scripture.

1 Kings 4:
[29] And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding...

Job 32:
[8] But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Luke 24:
[45] Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures...

2 Tim 2:
[7] Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

Best to know IF ....you are THEE....receiving understanding
Or
THEM...

Eph 4:
[18] Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Job 17:
[4] For thou hast hid their heart from understanding: therefore shalt thou not exalt them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, yup. That's it. The pot calling the kettle black. o_O

After all, I am just like you.

Not at all.

Well, not just like you.

Laughable. IN ONE POST, you claim complete opposites...as your truth.

Still wondering WHY, what you say holds no merit?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all.

Laughable. IN ONE POST, you claim complete opposites...as your truth.

Still wondering WHY, what you say holds no merit?
Soooo you have trouble comprehending sarcasim.....Not my problem kiddo.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm......He is teaching me and your "truth" and my Truth are opposite and Martin Luther's truth was different than Calvins truth and they said they were being taught by Him......soooooo that (and logic) blows your theory out of the water.

Logic is what your MIND has conjured up FOR YOU, it’s yours, you keep it.

If you have things you disagree with Luther about...so?
If you have things you disagree with Calvin about...so?

I am not THEIR followers.
I’m not selling you a theory. God gives to or withholds HIS UNDERSTANDING, from men.
That is IN SCRIPTURE...affects me NONE, what you believe.

You want to follow Gentiles teaching that is Opposite of what Jesus taught, that’s your choice. And it’s my choice to disagree with you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That teaching, specifically Understanding comes from God...Scripture.

1 Kings 4:
[29] And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding...

Job 32:
[8] But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Luke 24:
[45] Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures...

2 Tim 2:
[7] Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

Best to know IF ....you are THEE....receiving understanding
Or
THEM...

Eph 4:
[18] Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Job 17:
[4] For thou hast hid their heart from understanding: therefore shalt thou not exalt them.
You read Scripture and God helps YOU understand it. I got it...I got it! That is why I will only come to YOU and for the Truth and no other man.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Logic is what your MIND has conjured up FOR YOU, it’s yours, you keep it.

If you have things you disagree with Luther about...so?
If you have things you disagree with Calvin about...so?

I am not THEIR followers.
I’m not selling you a theory. God gives to or withholds HIS UNDERSTANDING, from men.
That is IN SCRIPTURE...affects me NONE, what you believe.

You want to follow Gentiles teaching that is Opposite of what Jesus taught, that’s your choice. And it’s my choice to disagree with you.
Right...right. I'm following gentiles which is opposite of what Jesus taught. Now it's crystal clear. God withholds his understanding from men...but not you since you are not a man...you are and....Alien?

You crack me up.....

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh....that was cute Taken. I like it! Good job. :rolleyes:

So riddle me this cute guy: You Protestants all have different rules, teachings, salvific doctrines etc. that you believe Christ taught when you intepret the Bible.

So? Every organization and branch has “different rules”...What do I care...I don’t.

Why can you not stop yourself from lying?
Are you really that incompetent...you do not know....
TO Interpret is TO arrive at the Meaning, which IS UNDERSTANDING!
So, when I just said...Understanding comes FROM GOD...
Why do then say....”when I interpret the Bible”....?

What criteria do you use to determine which one of your thousands of denominations

I don’t HAVE thousands of denominations...nor care what each different Church calls themselves, or whatever little rules they set up...
(9 am service, come as you are, control your children, blah, blah...who cares?)
Catholic Churches all called Catholic, name their own churches, have their own little rules they set up...
(10 am service, tithe online, bow to statues of mary, blah, blah...who cares?)

with dozens of different doctrines is teaching the Truth? I already know that you teach the Truth because you are a student and disciple of Him by choice. But, I guess what I am asking is, what Protestant denomination comes closest to YOUR truth?

Couldn’t say, I haven’t the time or interest to go to the supposed thousands of different Protestant denominational churches.

Which denomination is closest to receiving what His faithful Promise offered?

The one True Church Jesus established...that He called ‘my church’.
(You know?) The one that is open 24-7, everyday...and the High Priest is available 24-7, everyday....no locked doors, no altar, no dress requirement, no fashion show, no flowers, no statues, no trinkets, no entertainment, no gossiping, no business deals, no special water, no money collection...
(Get it?)
Church...with My Lord, My Teacher...and Bowing in Prayer, Praise and Worship to My Lord God Almighty.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You read Scripture and God helps YOU understand it. I got it...I got it! That is why I will only come to YOU and for the Truth and no other man.

Jesus IS the TRUTH...go to Him.

I don’t live your life and you don’t live mine.
I don’t do what you do and you don’t do what I do.
What affects me daily, is not the same as what affects you daily.
You have something that affect you...Seek the Truth about That.
I am busy with my own affairs ...Seeking the Truth about Those things.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right...right. I'm following gentiles which is opposite of what Jesus taught. Now it's crystal clear. God withholds his understanding from men...but not you since you are not a man...you are and....Alien?

You crack me up.....

I don’t find your logic as a means concerning spiritual things at all funny. But rather Laughable in a sad way.
God withholds His Understanding from those who are NOT with Him.

Did you never wonder HOW Satan could be so SMART to know the Scriptures....Know they ARE TRUE.....Yet be so UNWISE to Understand the TRUTH?
Satan does NOT lack Gods True Knowledge...
Satan DOES lack Gods understanding...i
Gods understanding IS NOT GIVEN angels or men that are NOT WITH God.

And nothing is crystal clear to you, obvious by your flippant comments.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey Brakelite,

I never said the teaching of the Truth never stopped! Notice how I asked a question...it wasn't a statement. I think I have made it very clear on this forum that the teaching of the Truth has never stopped. The Church teaches the Truth.
Soooooo when did that "succession of preachers" teaching the Truth end? Maybe @Backlit and @amadeus can help you out since they "like" your lone wolf Christian mentality that teaches the teaching of the Truth ended at some point in our Christian history

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nope, I didn't distort anything. MANY on this forum have expressed exactly what I said: each individual Christian gets to decide what the Truth is once they confirm that they have been given that Truth by the Holy Spirit. After all, that is what Scripture teaches. They use John 16:13 as their go to verse to back up that theory.

Do you believe what you say on here is the Truth? I presume you do.
Truth is determined by scripture. "Sanctify them through the truth... The word is truth". "To the law and to the testimony. If they speak not according to this word, there is no light in them". The final arbiter of truth is not the individual... The church... Or any spirit, teacher, prophet, apostle. It is scripture.
And you quoted your own distortion. The principle tenet of protestantism is not that you discover truth by whatever spirit happens to come along and say something. Yes, the holy Spirit leads/guides one to the truth. Where is it that the holy Spirit leads us to? The very word He inspired. Jesus, the word, said of the holy Spirit..."He shall testify of Me". "I am the Way, the Truth, the Life". You would have it that your church is the final arbiter of truth. Yet your church, rather than uplifting scripture, changed it. What spirit inspired that?

Reactions: Cassandra

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts is not a book for making doctrine? Sooooo what books of the bible do YOU get YOUR doctrine from Ronald?

And what a fascinating way of dodging the question. Just say that they never said that....and then presto magico....you don't have to answer the question because it is based on a false premise.

They did say those things! But once again you failed to ask the basic questions of literature. I get my doctrine from th eepistles up to Jude. The gospels and Acts are historical books

Yes, you have to perform because FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD!!! I guess I should ask you first: Is James a "book for making doctrine"?

Faith without works is dead, but saving faith produces works. first we are saved- then we can perform the good works God call us unto!

I must also perform with my mouth.... declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead then I will be saved. NOTICE it doesn't say "believe only". That passage says DECLARE and BELIEVE! Is Romans a "book for making doctrine"?

Is Ephesians the only book for making doctrine? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Who is teaching you this stuff?? (that is a dead serious question that I would LOVE to have an answer to)

it seems you do not understand biblical faith and have the modern day concept of what faith is.

Do you intentionally spell 'the' "teh"? Or is your word checker doing that?

thank you for noticing the mote in my eye.

Also, you are confusing the word interpret with translate. The bible was TRANSLATED from Greek into English! Not interpreted into English!

not in the least- but once again the bible is not open to interpretation but obedience. It is written simple enough even a child can basically understand

Also, Scripture is UNIVERSAL....It doesn't 'apply or fit' into each persons individual circumstance. We all must adhere to the same rules, teachings, doctrines etc. that Christ taught. If we don't.....Oh goodness, I'm just going to stop....this is a waste of time....

IS the OT still universal and all must adhere to it?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is determined by scripture. "Sanctify them through the truth... The word is truth". "To the law and to the testimony. If they speak not according to this word, there is no light in them". The final arbiter of truth is not the individual... The church... Or any spirit, teacher, prophet, apostle. It is scripture."
hey brakelite,

Ok....Hmmm.....so you have been taught by your men that Truth is determined by Scripture and that the final arbiter of truth is not the individual, The Church, teacher etc. So, without consulting your teacher, your church or anything your teachers may have written in regard to the following passages and with no opinion from you, give me the Truth of these passages on how we can eat His body and drink His blood. And, using Scripture only, prove to me that you are speaking according to His word and you have light in you:

I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats of this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.” “Very truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. 56 Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood abide in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever eats me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like that which your ancestors ate, and they died. But the one who eats this bread will live forever.”

Mary

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Rome is not a good judge of who is right or wrong! When they can promote the perpetual virginity, the immaculate conception, evolution, celibacy etc.etc.etc. I do not consider them to be apt judges of bible knowledge.
You forget some worse things . Like actually praying to angels , to saints , to mary . yeah
my advice is may all that has breath flee from her pits and run to Christ and learn those bibles well .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God withholds His Understanding from those who are NOT with Him.
I Know...I know, He is withholding His understanding from me because I am not with him.......You are with Him. That is why I should listen to you and no one else.