Why do Christians prefer their Churches segregated..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then sadly a growing number of black folks are becoming racist and this is speaking of those that claim to be Christians
There are racists in every race. Mortals are easily manipulated by satan, like this-2Cor 11:12-15)-99% on earth are being mislead. Jesus said to be no part of this world. Hating ones brothers is apart of that world. Few listen to Jesus. 99% of the religions claiming to be christian are these-2Cor 11:12-15)--Jesus teaches-LOVE, PEACE and UNITY.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'll stay clear of the black folks who accuse all whites people of being born racist which is a veiled accusation against the Lord as though God made some people to be racist.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit of God is being withdrawn from the earth, just as He was in Noah’s day and love for one another is growing cold. Seems like its just evil is spreading with conflict in politics, society medicine, in the climate, and in even among the believers...

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10:34-36?
Yes spiritual enemies, not physical enemies. Peace, Love unity at all times between the true followers. The rest on earth are considered Gods enemies which includes one own family members-spiritually, not physically.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As a white person... I don't care to hang out with minorities that are racist.

I wasn't raised to be racist, and I don't care for minorities being racist towards me.

Since more and more minorities have become racist towards the white people, I'd rather avoid them altogether.
I have noticed Jesus hung out with the human race. Kinda strange that he should do that seeing most of them are racist.

• Haha
Reactions: BlessedPeace

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It gets real complicated when we read what Jesus said in the book of John.

Jn 17:6–9 I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you. For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours.

Then he sent Apostles out to all, but He specifically said who He came for. I can't claim to understand this. We have plenty of passages in the bible that tell us of this New Covenant being available to all believers.

We segregate our churches because:

1. We know what we want to believe, so we don't want to associate with those who don't agree.
2. We have not yet learned what agape is.
3. Man's evil workings are effective in tearing us apart - even with those of The Way.

Maranatha!

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It gets real complicated when we read what Jesus said in the book of John.

Jn 17:6–9 I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you. For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours.

Then he sent Apostles out to all, but He specifically said who He came for. I can't claim to understand this. We have plenty of passages in the bible that tell us of this New Covenant being available to all believers.

We segregate our churches because:

1. We know what we want to believe, so we don't want to associate with those who don't agree.
2. We have not yet learned what agape is.
3. Man's evil workings are effective in tearing us apart - even with those of The Way.

Maranatha!
The difference between God's Elect and those referred to in the OP is a matter of racial discrimination in churches.

Whereas there is no racial discrimination in God's choosing his Elect. Which is why we are reminded of that in Galatians 3:28.

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference between God's Elect and those referred to in the OP is a matter of racial discrimination in churches.

Whereas there is no racial discrimination in God's choosing his Elect. Which is why we are reminded of that in Galatians 3:28.

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
I agree that Yahweh counts no follower of His Son by other than their belief and their actions. That is not in question.

What we see in churches may well be man's inability to escape something called "group think." People want to be around those who hold the same beliefs -whether they are proved valid in scripture or not. I have been in churches which have mixed races, and I have see those where they do not. People go "church shopping" to find the church that suits them, so they are "comfortable."

A Christian who is never uncomfortable is probably in the wrong place.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God decides who gets saved and who doesn't?

Meaning He created some people to the sole purpose of going to hell???
That type of thinking is so very common, because mortal man does not grasp the mind of Yahweh. The term "elect" makes us think of God casting votes for His favorite humans. Personally, my brain gets tired of attempting to figure out how Yahweh thinks. John 3:16 tells me that Yahweh calls everyone to see His Son. There are those who refuse and those who answer the call. Those who answer are "His chosen ones: the elect." Since Yahweh knew beforehand who would answer, He does not force any to answer or any to refuse.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That type of thinking is so very common, because mortal man does not grasp the mind of Yahweh. The term "elect" makes us think of God casting votes for His favorite humans. Personally, my brain gets tired of attempting to figure out how Yahweh thinks. John 3:16 tells me that Yahweh calls everyone to see His Son. There are those who refuse and those who answer the call. Those who answer are "His chosen ones: the elect." Since Yahweh knew beforehand who would answer, He does not force any to answer or any to refuse.

There are no extra points for saying Yahweh or Yahshua ya know.

No need to try and figure out what the Lord thinks because... He tells us what He thinks... IN HIS WORD!

That's why it's called the Word of God because... it's what God has to say to mankind! thumbsup2.gif

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that Yahweh counts no follower of His Son by other than their belief and their actions. That is not in question.

What we see in churches may well be man's inability to escape something called "group think." People want to be around those who hold the same beliefs -whether they are proved valid in scripture or not. I have been in churches which have mixed races, and I have see those where they do not. People go "church shopping" to find the church that suits them, so they are "comfortable."

A Christian who is never uncomfortable is probably in the wrong place.
Jesus is only with 1 single religion1Cor 1:10. Unified in love, peace and thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you go into a typical church what are you going to see, usually very little diversity in the pews, a very small percentage of the churches are racially integrated. It seems we can talk about loving our brother or sister in Christ, but its hard to put our arm around anyone too diverse to say the least. Here is what I came across...
'
The vast majority of U.S. churchgoers, a new survey found, report that they belong to congregations where most people are of their race or ethnicity, but Hispanic Protestants are an exception.

The big picture: Hispanic Protestants, a majority of whom practice evangelical faiths, report their churches are more diverse than others, who remain largely segregated despite the nation's rapidly changing demographics. The report comes amid a broad shift in how Americans perceive and practice religion.

By the numbers: The nonpartisan Public Religion Research Institute survey of people across the country found that nearly half of Hispanic Protestants (47%) say their churches are composed mostly of Latinos.

• 26% of Hispanic Protestants say their churches have mostly white members and 20% attended mostly multiracial congregations.
  • That stands in contrast with at least three-quarters of white Christians who say that their churches are mostly white, including 80% of white mainline/non-evangelical Protestants and 75% of white evangelical Protestants.
  • Among Black Protestants, the majority (74%) say their churches have mostly Black members, the survey found.
  • Nearly three in four Hispanic Catholics (74%) say that their church is mostly Latino while only 12% attend mostly multiracial churches.'

I never really thought about it before. I don't think there's anything racist about churches sort of segregating their congregation. White church, Black church...that's just what people do for the most part on their own, it isnt the church saying no blacks allowed here. It's not racist. People are simply comfortable with their own people for the most part. I have seen mixed couples in church together worshipping alongside everyone else. People also tend to go to their neighbrohood church. So maybe that creates a wee bit of financial disparity? Not really, it's just where we live. The poor folks are welcome to come up the better part of town to go to church if they want to. But this church is a lt closer...?

I don't believe in Racism. We are the Human Race. We have many different cultures and languages, and that's all explained in the story of the Tower of Babel. God did that. But, we are all Brothers and Sisters. The enemy is long been pushing for race wars and stuff.

I tell you what, if this country goes into civil war, I'm looking up all my Black buddies because even while some are bad (like any culture) in general their history has been one of fierce loyalty to their family and being good warriors. I respect that a lot about the black man. They don't take no crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.