Why do Christians prefer their Churches segregated..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does culture have to do with the church?

Nothing...

There might be many different factors involved in where someone lives however, income level and school districts in the US are usually what basically chooses your "neighborhood"...

Everyone picks the best school districts to live in for their income level, and often, end up in more culturally homogeneous areas as a result.

Why? Because what kind of school districts we consider best is a little more culturally homogeneous... Because different cultures have different emphasis on different things in education.
If you can't understand that people like to be around other people that are like them. Then I have nothing else to say to you on this subject. People live, shop, and go to church by people that are in the same culture as themselves.

Reactions: Wrangler

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, lots of folks think jut because someone mumbles a little something about Jesus that must mean they are Christians

And not many seem to be embracing ... the culture of Jesus!
I woke up today realizing that if Jesus Christ was a member of this Forum. That it would not be allowed for him to teach who he is. Let that sink in.

• Love
Reactions: Wrangler

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I woke up today realizing that if Jesus Christ was a member of this Forum. That it would not be allowed for him to teach who he is. Let that sink in.

Luke 6:26
Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

It's to be expected...

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because they have no common sence. They lack in conscience. And they don't understand that Truth is found in unification.
Common sense is “birds of a feather flock together.”

It is only our sick society, poisoned by Cultural Marxism, that suggests it ought to be any other way - by default.

Naturally, other factors play a role, such as devotion to denomination and driving distance but ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, the adage generally applies - and the statistics bear that out.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is why would anyone go to a particular church. Culture is the driver.

Some go for the door prizes... and the beer sad3.gif

Some of the free gracers are serving beer to attract paying customers... er I mean new church members.

And other have door prizes to get the gullible thru the door.

Reactions: Spyder

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Change in subject. The question is why would anyone go to a particular church. Culture is the driver.

People don't pick their neighborhood for the church they will attend.

If that was the case and we demanded high quality churches instead of worrying about other things we'd be far better off societally.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People don't pick their neighborhood for the church they will attend.

If that was the case and we demanded high quality churches instead of worrying about other things we'd be far better off societally.
Wow! I almost did not see yet another change in subject. Guess what? No one said "People pick their neighborhood for the church they will attend."

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Change in subject. The question is why would anyone go to a particular church. Culture is the driver.
Hmm yes culture is the drive for modern day Christians. Rather than a church be full of individuals, it is full of people who have abdicated there own "self" to a "group". It is group think mentality and hence no one thinks for themselves. If the Christian group is voting Trump.... well let's all vote Trump. If the Christian group is pro Covid Vaccination... let's get vaccinated.

This is a generalization but goes for the majority. No one thinks for themselves. They are brainwashed sheep. They cannot make decisions for themselves because they have forgotten how. They are not sure what is right or what is wrong so they look for something external from themselves to guide them. Hence we have all the spiritual problems associated with Guilt in the church.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can't understand that people like to be around other people that are like them. Then I have nothing else to say to you on this subject. People live, shop, and go to church by people that are in the same culture as themselves.
Yes, Peter had the same problem...
Galatians 2:11-14
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Reactions: Nancy

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Peter had the same problem...
Galatians 2:11-14
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Not comparing apples with apples. Because I have nothing in common with a bunch of loud black football fans screaming in my ear about the game is not the same as refusing to eat with them when certain other people are around.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not comparing apples with apples. Because I have nothing in common with a bunch of loud black football fans screaming in my ear about the game is not the same as refusing to eat with them when certain other people are around.
Or 12 Jews listening to a Jewish leader talk to them about the conflict of the ages with evil, it is apples to apples....

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Would you have anything in common with a bunch of loud white football fans?

If not, then why even make the race distinction?

Would having more in common with white football fans who were loud make things more comfy?

What's the problem? Loudness, footballness, or blackness?

This thread really disturbs me.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you have anything in common with a bunch of loud white football fans?

If not, then why even make the race distinction?

Would having more in common with white football fans who were loud make things more comfy?

What's the problem? Loudness, footballness, or blackness?

This thread really disturbs me. But since there seems to be a moratorium on rules of late, I'll just have to avoid it, I guess.

If its against the rules, go ahead and close the thread, didnt mean to overstep. As I think the point has been made how all peoples and nationalities will be in the Kingdom and Christ made His statement on this clear.

John 13:35
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If its against the rules, go ahead and close the thread, didnt mean to overstep. As I think the point has been made how all peoples and nationalities will be in the Kingdom and Christ made His statement on this clear.

John 13:35
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

I'm not a moderator. You can request that it be closed if you wish.

:hearteyes:

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone yet mentioned that we have so many denominations because we have that many groups who think that everyone else is wrong?

Reactions: Nancy and RedFan

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do Christians prefer their Churches segregated..

Short answer. Disagreement with Operational and Teaching Management of a church organization.

While a “Christian Church” is supposed to Expressly be “Established and Upheld” a reflection of Being Christ’s Church…
Built on the Foundation of The Lord God Almighty…and Christ the Head of His Church…and Belief of it’s members that;
Jesus IS the Christ the Son of the Living. God….

Individual established “churches” are NOT ALL “upholding” by, through, of their own Appointed, MANAGEMENT, to whit “individuals” disagree and elect to pledge membership to a “church organization” to which they believe the “MANAGERS” DO reflect a stance of “upholding” representation of God, according to Gods way.

A Conundrum is presented, when “MANAGEMENT” of a particular “church”, changes to a “new Managing” of the “church”, and a congregate is in disagreement …
Such a congregate has two options..
Object, be heard, be ignored and Continue with the Unsatisfactory Management or seek another church with a satisfactory Management.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone yet mentioned that we have so many denominations because we have that many groups who think that everyone else is wrong?

Denominations purporting to be Christian, hangs on ONE THING of Agreement…
It’s Christ’s Church, He is the Head, and the Foundation IS: Jesus IS the Christ the Son of the Living God.

Individual “churches” can name their “building” whatever they want.
A “denomination” can be “different” from “church building to church building”….by, through, of….the slightest differences of “church rules and management”
For examples;
A making of an establish “tradition”.
A making of can’t cut hair, no dancing.
A making of rituals, required to participate in.
A making of particular adornments required.
A making of which day and times to meet.
A making of extra curricular guide books outside of Scripture.
Blah, blah, blah, on and on.

Glory to God,
Taken

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Denominations purporting to be Christian, hangs on ONE THING of Agreement…
It’s Christ’s Church, He is the Head, and the Foundation IS: Jesus IS the Christ the Son of the Living God.

Individual “churches” can name their “building” whatever they want.
A “denomination” can be “different” from “church building to church building”….by, through, of….the slightest differences of “church rules and management”
For examples;
A making of an establish “tradition”.
A making of can’t cut hair, no dancing.
A making of rituals, required to participate in.
A making of particular adornments required.
A making of which day and times to meet.
A making of extra curricular guide books outside of Scripture.
Blah, blah, blah, on and on.

Glory to God,
Taken
But, as I've seen, those churches insult each other. Just how "Christian" is that? If churches focus on God and the Son alone, we would not have much bickering and we would not be casting accusations about how many within there building a "saved."

Status
Not open for further replies.