Why do Christians prefer their Churches segregated..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you go into a typical church what are you going to see, usually very little diversity in the pews, a very small percentage of the churches are racially integrated. It seems we can talk about loving our brother or sister in Christ, but its hard to put our arm around anyone too diverse to say the least. Here is what I came across...
'
The vast majority of U.S. churchgoers, a new survey found, report that they belong to congregations where most people are of their race or ethnicity, but Hispanic Protestants are an exception.

The big picture: Hispanic Protestants, a majority of whom practice evangelical faiths, report their churches are more diverse than others, who remain largely segregated despite the nation's rapidly changing demographics. The report comes amid a broad shift in how Americans perceive and practice religion.

By the numbers: The nonpartisan Public Religion Research Institute survey of people across the country found that nearly half of Hispanic Protestants (47%) say their churches are composed mostly of Latinos.

• 26% of Hispanic Protestants say their churches have mostly white members and 20% attended mostly multiracial congregations.
  • That stands in contrast with at least three-quarters of white Christians who say that their churches are mostly white, including 80% of white mainline/non-evangelical Protestants and 75% of white evangelical Protestants.
  • Among Black Protestants, the majority (74%) say their churches have mostly Black members, the survey found.
  • Nearly three in four Hispanic Catholics (74%) say that their church is mostly Latino while only 12% attend mostly multiracial churches.'

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do Christians prefer their Churches segregated

As a white person... I don't care to hang out with minorities that are racist.

I wasn't raised to be racist, and I don't care for minorities being racist towards me.

Since more and more minorities have become racist towards the white people, I'd rather avoid them altogether.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because they have no common sence. They lack in conscience. And they don't understand that Truth is found in unification.

Most Christians are egocentric, clicky and exclusive. They think that their God is the only real interpretation of God and they think that if your not apart of the "click" called Christianity you will never achieve salvation.

It is a secular way of thinking that is a noxious weed and brings degradation to the Church. It is propagated dogma originating from Roman Catholicism that modern day Christians still follow even tho they claim to have no part of it.

The ego is so calcified with their toxic belief systems that they refuse to accept anything that contradicts. Even when it's the Truth.

Ignorant and blind are they. Waiting for somone to come and save them not realizing that it is they who need to save themselves.

So they squabble amongst themselves in childish ways, pretending they are Holy and stabbing one another in the back. Criticizing all things that are not what they claim to be "Christian".

I am a true Christian. And I am ashamed.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because they have no common sence. They lack in conscience. And they don't understand that Truth is found in unification.

Most Christians are egocentric, clicky and exclusive. They think that their God is the only real interpretation of God and they think that if your not apart of the "click" called Christianity you will never achieve salvation.

It is a secular way of thinking that is a noxious weed and brings degradation to the Church. It is propagated dogma originating from Roman Catholicism that modern day Christians still follow even tho they claim to have no part of it.

The ego is so calcified with their toxic belief systems that they refuse to accept anything that contradicts. Even when it's the Truth.

Ignorant and blind are they. Waiting for somone to come and save them not realizing that it is they who need to save themselves.

So they squabble amongst themselves in childish ways, pretending they are Holy and stabbing one another in the back. Criticizing all things that are not what they claim to be "Christian".

I am a true Christian. And I am ashamed.
Well, Peter had the same problem with the 'gentiles', it just gets ingrained...

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, Peter had the same problem with the 'gentiles', it just gets ingrained...
Yes it is written in the Bible in the hope that people will apply it to their current lives. Not externalise it into the distant passed.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm surprised nobody has mention what Jesus said about ethnic group rising against ethnic group (Matthew 24:7) which is what is known as racism these days.

With the majority of the minority population now convinced white people were born evil... the white peoples don't want to be around minorities much because of how racist minorities have become.

Obviously there are exceptions, but as a general rule this is how things are now.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this take into consideration that the area itself might be what is divided by race, rather than the church itself? I would think most people don't "prefer" segregated churches, they just go to the closest one for their denomination.

A lot of areas are mostly one race/ethnicity, so a church in that area would mostly be that race/ethnicity too.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this take into consideration that the area itself might be what is divided by race, rather than the church itself? I would think most people don't "prefer" segregated churches, they just go to the closest one for their denomination.

A lot of areas are mostly one race/ethnicity, so a church in that area would mostly be that race/ethnicity too.

Few black churches will not allow crackers to become members, but the crackers will allow black folks to join their church

That says a lot about which group has the most racism

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you go into a typical church what are you going to see, usually very little diversity in the pews, a very small percentage of the churches are racially integrated. It seems we can talk about loving our brother or sister in Christ, but its hard to put our arm around anyone too diverse to say the least. Here is what I came across...
'
The vast majority of U.S. churchgoers, a new survey found, report that they belong to congregations where most people are of their race or ethnicity, but Hispanic Protestants are an exception.

The big picture: Hispanic Protestants, a majority of whom practice evangelical faiths, report their churches are more diverse than others, who remain largely segregated despite the nation's rapidly changing demographics. The report comes amid a broad shift in how Americans perceive and practice religion.

By the numbers: The nonpartisan Public Religion Research Institute survey of people across the country found that nearly half of Hispanic Protestants (47%) say their churches are composed mostly of Latinos.

• 26% of Hispanic Protestants say their churches have mostly white members and 20% attended mostly multiracial congregations.
  • That stands in contrast with at least three-quarters of white Christians who say that their churches are mostly white, including 80% of white mainline/non-evangelical Protestants and 75% of white evangelical Protestants.
  • Among Black Protestants, the majority (74%) say their churches have mostly Black members, the survey found.
  • Nearly three in four Hispanic Catholics (74%) say that their church is mostly Latino while only 12% attend mostly multiracial churches.'
People are catered to in their fleshly preferences because the institutions are run as enterprises. Local businesses with franchise outlets. So on a given street corner you have churches advertising their products appealing to various interests and racial preferences.

Do these business outlets create actual faith? No. These specialize in beliefs...dogmatic preferences. The reformers opened a Pandora's box of thousands of divisions based on human preferences. God's not in it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A lot of people seem to know what church is not supposed to be. But it seems very few know what it is supposed to be. In the meantime we can't seem to all agree on the same errors.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You do realize people go where they feel comfortable. In our area, people are both white and black and hispanic and asian. Equal numbers of black and white, Asian is less though than hispanic. Church is about 70%white and 30% the others. Recently though for last 3 years, the church is sharing it's building with a large black church that had to move out of their building. And it mixes all together pretty well. When the church has activities, both churches join together and are very friendly. Both church groups share 'our' building with services at different times on Sunday. It works out well as it brings in more money to pay for things at church to share the building which otherwise most of the time wont be used at all. Church campus size doubled about 10 years ago with a new worship center, so there is loads of available space still.

Likely this would not work though if the church pastors are not in some kind of reasonably close doctrinal agreement, know what i mean?

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If you go into a typical church

There is no such thing as a "typical church".

Do you mean a typical Mormon or Typical JW< or typical Pentecostal, or Typical Southern Baptist, or Typical Church of England, or Typical Church of Satan, or do you mean a Typical Methodist, or Presbyterian, or Catholic, or Typical Messianic Congregation?

Here is what the NT says about the Born again......(Paul teaching)..

Galatians 3:28​

28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."​

Now, where this falls apart as a standard of tolerance, is when you have 45,000 worldwide denominations, that all disagree.​

And exactly where this falls apart is = when you have Truth and you have Heresy battling for MINDS.​

So, the born again are to love your neighbor as yourself, but you are to be on guard, as the Devil's owned... are out to recruit you into their "church" and their "theology">, and you can see John Calvin and his mentally chained disciples for a first hand look at what a CULT's "doctrines of Devil's"... can do to your MIND for LIFE.​

"well, Behold, how can you tell who is WHAT".​

A.) Read what i post., as about 90% of it, is designed to show you who is teaching heresy, and why, and exactly what it is...​

"well, Behold, how can we trust YOU".​

Study what i teach., as it all came from Paul, and Paul is your NT Teacher, who wrote CHURCH Doctrine.​

And anyone who does not believe that, or even know it..... has not started their journey into "rightly dividing" the word of God yet.​

And thats a fact.​

People who want to cram "church fathers" and "what my church teaches" .. down your throat, ... you have to avoid.​

And that's a fact.​

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a child every church we attended was white.

Now when I visit churches they're racially integrated.

Maybe it's a southern states thing still.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If crackers lose their saltiness, what are they good for?

Should white peoples go insist black churches accept white peoples... against the wishes of the black churches?

Would this be being more salty? Maybe we can file some law suits to get this done? Where does this lead to?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should white peoples go insist black churches accept white peoples... against the wishes of the black churches?

Would this be being more salty? Maybe we can file some law suits to get this done? Where does this lead to?
No need for lawsuits. God created 1 human family. There is no division in Gods religion. 1Cor 1:10)--Only racists see skin color. Gods people see that he created all things with variety. I for one appreciate that very much. Imagine if he didn't.---Mom what's for breakfast=Manna, what's for lunch=Manna, What's for dinner=Manna, what's for dinner 10 years from now=Manna--Variety is a great thing. Skin color does not make ones heart good or bad. Their choices do. Unwise ones get sucked into skin color. Every race under the sun commits the same sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.