Why do guys and gals care if i find God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I care about sincere seekers... but I can't really feel any "love" for someone I don't know.

True indeed...that is why we are taught, and teach, that Love is not a 'Feeling' love is always a Choice. :)
Even in our marriages.

God says "Love"...and we choose to obey...right? ;)

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
re #20:

It can come off that way when you are complaining about nice words, too.

I don't expect everyone here to love me. In fact, if there weren't people here like @Willie T. who took a disliking to me, I might think there was something wrong with my walk, cf. Matthew 5:10-12, 2 Timothy 3:10-13, 1 John 3:13-15..

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True indeed...that is why we are taught, and teach, that Love is not a 'Feeling' love is always a Choice. :)
Even in our marriages.

God says "Love"...and we choose to obey...right? ;)
Yes; and our neighbor is the perfect stranger who has been beset by robbers on the side of the road; that religious people walk by on the other side: but the Samaritan of the bunch stops and helps because he has been redeemed by Christ and therefore has the love of God in his heart.

The point though being, that we are called to love everyone; not just the people that we know.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
re #20:

It can come off that way when you are complaining about nice words, too.

I don't expect everyone here to love me. In fact, if there weren't people here like @Willie T. who took a disliking to me, I might think there was something wrong with my walk, cf. Matthew 5:10-12, 2 Timothy 3:10-13, 1 John 3:13-15..
I have not taken a "disliking" to you. I have simply called you up short on some things you said.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not called me up short on anything. And if you want to tell yourself that (you have not taken a disliking to me) to make yourself feel better, who am I to stop you?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because God loved us first and made a way for us to be righteous before His eyes, through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. When we accept and grow in His knowledge and get to know His character...we will pray to see others as He sees us and that His love is eventually to lead into overflowing onto others. He loves, therefore so do we. We cannot have this kind of love and concern for our fellow man without the Love of God inside us.
As much as we empty ourselves of ourselves and let Him replace our desires with His, this love will come naturally ♥ We strive to love His will, and His will is what I pray for all the time.

Exactly!!!!! You may find sometimes even on this site Christians arguing over different things in the Bible like tongues as a prayer language, predestination, etc. Don't get caught up on these things. Just focus on understanding who God is. He loves you no matter when others don't!

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I care about sincere seekers (even if their seeking is only sometimes partially sincere), but I can't really feel any "love" for someone I don't know.

I would just pray to see people as God sees people.

I love you and don't know you. Now love is action. So it is hard to show that online and I don't pm men very often, because of my convictions as a married woman. But I pray for everyone on here.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly!!!!! You may find sometimes even on this site Christians arguing over different things in the Bible like tongues as a prayer language, predestination, etc. Don't get caught up on these things. Just focus on understanding who God is. He loves you no matter when others don't!
That is one of the things about God that brings me such peace-HE NEVER CHANGES! He loves us just as much as He ever will, He is not a respecter of persons. Putting your faith in ANY man, you will be let down but, not so with God. HE is faithful :)

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would just pray to see people as God sees people.

I love you and don't know you. Now love is action. So it is hard to show that online and I don't pm men very often, because of my convictions as a married woman. But I pray for everyone on here.
I can only say that there is just one person on this forum that I come close to feeling a strong emotion for, but even that doesn't reach what I deem as "love."

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy