Why Do Nice People Go To Hell ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Do you have to answer a simple question is a condescending and arrogant wrong answer?

I will have to rethink my positions about this board knowing such heresy is not only tolerated but promoted by the admins.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Do you have to answer a simple question is a condescending and arrogant wrong answer?

I will have to rethink my positions about this board knowing such heresy is not only tolerated but promoted by the admins.

Of course, I totally understand, your weirdness thread and posts are much more beneficial. LOL

I'm sorry that you mistook my post for being condescending, arrogant, and wrong.
If you would care to seriously discuss UR without all the usual nonsense I would be happy to share my thoughts.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a Reformed Calvinist board. People are allowed to express their beliefs here.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Seriosuly, universal reconciliation is just so not biblical and I only didn't quote scripture becaue the Bjiible is full of overwhelming evidence that Hell is real and lst for ever and ever.

Alos, unviersal salvation wasn't the teaching of the early chruch, but just one shool of thought which was not accepted by the OCuncil fo Nicea, whichthe vast majority of Christians beleive to be guided by the Holy spirit and the establishment of Orthodoxy. i therefore asserted the unviersal reconciliation was a heretical idea and not scripturally accurate. It sounds to me like you've been reading the Apocolypse of Peter if you believe in universal reconciliation. The chruch decided to leave it out because it taught that all the souls in Hell would one day get out but here's the problem.

Hell is not forever so it's basically a place of purging and cleansing very much like Purgaotry, so therefore if a person is OK with the idea of suffering after death for their sins knowing that they will be forgiven eventually, then they also know that they will never be ultimately acoutnable for them and can basically do what they want.

Oh and as for the word meanings, how come with all the Bible translations we have to day all of them say that Hell is forever, how can every Bible translation expect for your study be in error. Don't you think that these translations are done by teams of highley skilled scholars that know ancenient lanauges inside out and really do know what they are reading. Why not trust their scholarship.

rpma01

Jan 11, 2012
This question is not relevant. How do I know that if a person went to hell ?!
Maybe I can see trougth its works, but do I know what is in a persons heart?! what was her intention and it's knowlegde of good and evil?! Maybe I can know something... but nevertheless it's not our part to judge or to think who will be going to hell or not.
And remember that in the end mercy can win over judgment (James 2:13).

The only thing that is relevant is Jesus words. To enter the narrow gate (Mathew 7:13) ... we must continually analise ourselfs, pray, fast, do good, so that we do not enter in temptation and for God to deliver us from doing anything wrong or forget about Him.

God must clean our heart everyday. Look at the prayer that Jesus taught (Mathew 6:9). So simple and direct. We should pray something like that every day. And also at least ask God to forgive others (Job 1:5) and to ligth their way and heart to receive Him while their are still with us.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Seriosuly, universal reconciliation is just so not biblical and I only didn't quote scripture becaue the Bjiible is full of overwhelming evidence that Hell is real and lst for ever and ever.

Alos, unviersal salvation wasn't the teaching of the early chruch, but just one shool of thought which was not accepted by the OCuncil fo Nicea, whichthe vast majority of Christians beleive to be guided by the Holy spirit and the establishment of Orthodoxy. i therefore asserted the unviersal reconciliation was a heretical idea and not scripturally accurate. It sounds to me like you've been reading the Apocolypse of Peter if you believe in universal reconciliation. The chruch decided to leave it out because it taught that all the souls in Hell would one day get out but here's the problem.

Hell is not forever so it's basically a place of purging and cleansing very much like Purgaotry, so therefore if a person is OK with the idea of suffering after death for their sins knowing that they will be forgiven eventually, then they also know that they will never be ultimately acoutnable for them and can basically do what they want.

Oh and as for the word meanings, how come with all the Bible translations we have to day all of them say that Hell is forever, how can every Bible translation expect for your study be in error. Don't you think that these translations are done by teams of highley skilled scholars that know ancenient lanauges inside out and really do know what they are reading. Why not trust their scholarship.

I can give you several hundred scriptures that indicate a universal reconciliation. Will you accept them if they are posted or deny them with a straw man?

What year was the first council of Nicea?

So you think that people will go to hell and be punished for their sins? Does that mean you don't believe that Jesus was punished for the sins of all, or does it mean you think that God punished His Son for the world's sins but His justice was not satisfied and decides to punish some for their sins later with endless torment?

Sure would like to see your scriptural support for your earlier post in you can find any. :)

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
When the end truly comes, billions of people (and among them, some of the nicest people in the world) will end up spending eternity in Hell.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Look! Jesus died for our sins, all of them right, this is the funimental Christian doctrine so of course I believe it.

Through Christ werecieve God's grace which saves us from Hell but only if we seek it through Christ. Jesus said, "no-one comes to the Father except through me." Therefore if you don't come through Jesus you won't ahve your sins forgiven and the price for sin is endless suffering. Jesus died so we wouldn't ahve to fae that suffering but those who refuse to follow him will experience it.

Now about your word games
Revelations 22:18-19

And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Look! Jesus died for our sins, all of them right, this is the funimental Christian doctrine so of course I believe it.

Through Christ werecieve God's grace which saves us from Hell but only if we seek it through Christ. Jesus said, "no-one comes to the Father except through me." Therefore if you don't come through Jesus you won't ahve your sins forgiven and the price for sin is endless suffering. Jesus died so we wouldn't ahve to fae that suffering but those who refuse to follow him will experience it.

Now about your word games
Revelations 22:18-19

And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Templar81, you really should do the word study on Hebrew words alam and olam, and Greek words aion and aionios, you will find it a big help I'm sure.

Secondly you forgot to answer my question about the council of Nicea. When was the first council held?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am really struggling with the Biblical interpretation of the Rapture. I need to find a good study.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

Have you read Young's literal translation, the Concordant literal translation, or the Rotherham's emphasized bible?

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I am really struggling with the Biblical interpretation of the Rapture. I need to find a good study.

What kinda interpretation are you searching for?? Do you read the Rapture as Pre, Post, etc, etc? I was having a similar problem so did a fair bit of digging. My conclusions kinda shocked me, but I'm now at peace! You can PM me if you wanna chat about it!!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the resources.