Why Do Nice People Go To Hell ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, sorry. Only being loved, known and forgiven by Christ leads to transformation and salvation. If we remain in our false selves - Christ will not recognize us.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
All the nice people who did'nt receive Christ before they died. It is sad to even think about but it should cause us to witness and lead people to Christ all the more.
"Why Do Nice People Go To Hell ? "

Name one nice person that has gone to hell.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
"Why Do Nice People Go To Hell ? "

Name one nice person that has gone to hell.

I know several people who are 'nice' people. I say nice, because they are personable, law abiding and good friends to others. But they have all been given a chance to accept Christ and have decided against Him. They can be as nice as they want, but that does not make them saved. It is sad, knowing they will go to hell, but God is all goodness and justness, and I trust Him to work to His glory.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
We have three local colleges, two state and one private.

Each has an Atheist organization. Several of those members are the very nicest people in the world.

A few are just rabid haters, but many give to charity and donate time to causes they believe in.

They love their families, love their pets, obey the law, do no harm, work to improve the lives of those without and are working to be the best people they can be.

Yet, if they die in a car on the way home from a meeting tonight, they are all going to hell.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
All the nice people who did'nt receive Christ before they died. It is sad to even think about but it should cause us to witness and lead people to Christ all the more.

No one has gone to hell yet, not until after the White Throne Judgment, and that does not happen until the end of the Millennium. It's in the Book.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Good, why do you call me good. ?
Their is only one that is good ?
Nice is that good ?
One could be nice but lead you astray.
Satan can be nice as to and i don't think he does any thing that could be seen as bad by your average joe, now does he. for he is only more like a tempter in all. he just uses you sinful nature to his will.
And that is how we have all these morons pushing PC and full on evolution bastardising people as just another animal and this will lead people down to just being an number. for the likes of people like Hitler and Starlin to deal with us as they please.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
We have three local colleges, two state and one private.

Each has an Atheist organization. Several of those members are the very nicest people in the world.

A few are just rabid haters, but many give to charity and donate time to causes they believe in.

They love their families, love their pets, obey the law, do no harm, work to improve the lives of those without and are working to be the best people they can be.

Yet, if they die in a car on the way home from a meeting tonight, they are all going to hell.
It is very sad but true...we have to do more to reach the lost

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Hmm, we do not know the heart..Only God does...so how can anyone be sure anyone is going to hell...that is God's department...Just pray for those you think might need the Spirit of God...

Blessings

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
No one has gone to hell yet, not until after the White Throne Judgment, and that does not happen until the end of the Millennium. It's in the Book.

So, just curious...where do you reckon (or reckon the Bible says) that those souls go in between those times...ie, when they die and the White Throne Judgement? I'm just interested because I've heard a few different opinions on where believers go in that 'intermediate' state, but not unbelievers. Ta.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
  • it doesn't matter how "nice " a person is.
The bottom lline is the Christians go to Heaven and by that I mean sincere ones.

People of other faiths alogn with athiests and fake christians will burn in Hell forever.

Being nice therefore does not come into it.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
"Purged, Corected and cleansed."

Sounds more like Purgatory than Hell. At least with Purgatory you get out someday, Hell is forever, so why bother purging, correcting and cleansing if they're not going anywhere?

Hell is the second death and death is the wages of sin and all ahve sinned. Those who recognise it and repent in the name of Christ are spared the second eath but those who do not are condemned. Its called the second death because those who experience it have died once, then been ressurected in order to be judged, then died again and the soul ahs gone to Hell.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
"Purged, Corected and cleansed."

Sounds more like Purgatory than Hell. At least with Purgatory you get out someday, Hell is forever, so why bother purging, correcting and cleansing if they're not going anywhere?

Hell is the second death and death is the wages of sin and all ahve sinned. Those who recognise it and repent in the name of Christ are spared the second eath but those who do not are condemned. Its called the second death because those who experience it have died once, then been ressurected in order to be judged, then died again and the soul ahs gone to Hell.

We obviously share different opinions of hell. An accurate word study of alam, olam, aion and aionios changes what many think about hell and it's purpose. :)

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Same reason bad people do, to be purged, corrected, and cleansed.

"Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” - Matt. 25

-- Hell is eternal punishment, not a reform school.

There is no "cleansing and redeption" if you died in your sin.

Jesus spoke more on the dangers of hell than the pleasures of heaven specifically for that reason.

People saying, "in the ancient Greek it actually means..." or "The initial Latin translation was..." are not usually fluent in that language (neither am I), but read that information on another web site or Wikipedia and assume it is accurate.

Again, the scripture says "ETERNAL PUNISHMENT."