Why do our bodies die? Note: I have an answer, but feedback is welcome by Bible Alone Believers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they ate of the tree of life. Otherwise they were created mortal and would have eventually physically died, which they did. That was a natural dearth all living suffer.

Not that I want to side track the thread: Do you believe in Macro-Evolution or an Old Earth?

I say this because that could be what is clouding your thinking here (if that is the case).

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that I want to side track the thread: Do you believe in Macro-Evolution or an Old Earth?

I say this because that could be what is clouding your thinking here (if that is the case).

Divine evolution. Nothing is clouding MY thinking here. Adam was not created immortal.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Your not getting it. Death was never a part of God’s good plan for Adam and Eve.

Then that plan failed horribly.

God told them to not eat the bad tree and God placed the good tree in the garden for them to have eventually eat of the good tree.

Which was disobeyed.

So if they obeyed then eternal life would have been in their possession. But sin stopped that plan and death then was the result because Adam and Eve died. Hence, the wages of sin is death just as the Bible says (Romans 6:23).

Death comes for the sinless also. Paul is talking about the second death not the first. God intended all living to die the first death, sinful or sinless alike.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe we will be resurrected bodily in flesh and blood again. But that really is not the topic of this thread. The question is: Why do our bodies die? That’s the question.

Well, it actually is part of the question, because if one does not understand the difference in the type of body for this world, vs. the type for the world to come, per God's Word, then they won't understand 'why' the flesh body dies for this present world.

According to God's Word, our spirit with soul can... be separated from our flesh body. Even in 2 Corinthians 5, Apostle Paul explained that if this flesh body were suddenly dissolved, we still have another body not made with hands (i.e., not flesh), from God, eternal in the heavens. Paul was pointing to the "spiritual body" of 1 Corinthians 15 with that, and body type of the heavenly dimension, what he also called the "image of the heavenly."

Well, this is not really the topic of this thread. But I disagree that the Day of the Lord proceeds the Great Tribulation. I believe the Day of the Lord is a period of time of GOD bringing forth various judgments upon the Antichrist and his system. The Great Tribulation is started by the Antichrist and his enforcement of the mark. The Day of the Lord is a response (or an answer) to this and the fifth seal of the saints who were just martyred by the Antichrist.

I know you don't agree when the "day of the Lord" is, because you have wrongly latched onto a false doctrine of men called a pre-trib rapture theory. Those are the ones 'telling' you when the "day of the Lord" is, but they are not following God's Word on that, so I well know you are 'blindly' following men's doctrines on many Biblical subjects mistaught by them.

And I showed you the 2 Peter 3:10 event that Peter said happens on that "day of the Lord", with God's consuming fire burning all... of man's works off this earth. Common sense ought to tell you that no tribulation can still be going on when that burning fire melts man's works off this earth. And Peter even used the same timing event Paul did, saying that comes "as a thief in the night". Lord Jesus is Who originally gave that "as a thief" timing for the final day of this world, and the day He comes to gather His Church, as per His Olivet discourse.

And since you are determined to listen to 'them', that's why you also wrongly think the body of the world to come is another flesh body, when God's Word shows it is not.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Obviously those who are faithful and who please God are the ones who will not see death.

You are teaching..>"if you are good enough, you can be with God after you die".

This is a lie, a cultish deception...

Real Christians, Real one....= understand that its only based on JESUS, and that CROSS, that God will have us, keep us.

You dont understand this, Bible Highlighter, and that is why all you preach, teach, and think about is your SELF EFFORT. = WORKS WORKS WORKS.
You have a Gospel of Works that you never stop talking about, and God rejects that, with The Cross of Christ, today and forever.
And you are going to find this out.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God in Heaven that is in existence now.

You are making me LAUGH, because you are vainly trying to manipulate the Scripture so you can keep your false fleshy tradition by saying the body type of the resurrection is a new flesh body. You might as well go live in the Far East where the theory of reincarnation is accepted by the majority there.

And no, I'm not interested in starting another thread on this matter about the type body for this world, which DIRECTLY RELATES TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD.

So here's the WHY... our flesh body dies, which answers your thread question AND even goes far beyond your Biblical understanding evidently, since you believe the future resurrection is to a flesh and blood body, which goes against the Scriptures like 1 Corinthians 15.

1. God created the flesh body of man for this 'present world', not for the world to come.
2. God brought this 'present world' of IMPERFECTION because of Satan's overthrow in "the world that then was", a world earth age PRIOR to this present world time.
3. Satan coveted God's Throne in the world before, which was when Satan as a covering cherub was created to guard God's Throne (Ezekiel 28). Satan's rebelling back then, and drawing a third of the angels ("stars") into rebellion with him, is what caused God to end that old world, and bring this 2nd world earth age of FLESH.
4. In Romans 8:18-25, Apostle Paul explains that God placed this 'present world' in bondage to corruption, and the creation today seeks a release from that bondage. That reveals a time when God's creation was not... in that bondage, which is about the world before, when Satan actually followed God, when God said he was 'perfect in his ways' per Ezekiel 28.
5. Thusly, our flesh bodies were designed for THIS present world time, and are made to be destroyed, just like Paul also showed with the 1 Corinthians 6:13 verse.
6. The body type of the world to come, once this 'present world' is destroyed by God's consuming fire, will be the "spiritual body", what Paul called the "image of the heavenly". It is a body of spirit, and is of that other dimension of God's creation, hidden behind a veil.
7. On the "day of the Lord", which is that day Peter spoke of for the destruction of this present world by God's consuming fire, ALL still alive on earth... will have their flesh bodies cast off. And that is even shown in Isaiah 25 where Apostle Paul was pulling from about death being swallowed up in victory.
8. The world to come will be about a joining of the earth and the heavenly dimensions together, like it was once before when God literally lived upon this ancient earth.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are teaching..>"if you are good enough, you can be with God after you die".

This is a lie, a cultish deception...

Real Christians, Real one....= understand that its only based on JESUS, and that CROSS, that God will have us, keep us.

You dont understand this, Bible Highlighter, and that is why all you preach, teach, and think about is your SELF EFFORT. = WORKS WORKS WORKS.
You have a Gospel of Works that you never stop talking about, and God rejects that, with The Cross of Christ, today and forever.
And you are going to find this out.

This is not the real topic of the thread.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are making me LAUGH, because you are vainly trying to manipulate the Scripture so you can keep your false fleshy tradition by saying the body type of the resurrection is a new flesh body. You might as well go live in the Far East where the theory of reincarnation is accepted by the majority there.

And no, I'm not interested in starting another thread on this matter about the type body for this world, which DIRECTLY RELATES TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD.

So here's the WHY... our flesh body dies, which answers your thread question AND even goes far beyond your Biblical understanding evidently, since you believe the future resurrection is to a flesh and blood body, which goes against the Scriptures like 1 Corinthians 15.

1. God created the flesh body of man for this 'present world', not for the world to come.
2. God brought this 'present world' of IMPERFECTION because of Satan's overthrow in "the world that then was", a world earth age PRIOR to this present world time.
3. Satan coveted God's Throne in the world before, which was when Satan as a covering cherub was created to guard God's Throne (Ezekiel 28). Satan's rebelling back then, and drawing a third of the angels ("stars") into rebellion with him, is what caused God to end that old world, and bring this 2nd world earth age of FLESH.
4. In Romans 8:18-25, Apostle Paul explains that God placed this 'present world' in bondage to corruption, and the creation today seeks a release from that bondage. That reveals a time when God's creation was not... in that bondage, which is about the world before, when Satan actually followed God, when God said he was 'perfect in his ways' per Ezekiel 28.
5. Thusly, our flesh bodies were designed for THIS present world time, and are made to be destroyed, just like Paul also showed with the 1 Corinthians 6:13 verse.
6. The body type of the world to come, once this 'present world' is destroyed by God's consuming fire, will be the "spiritual body", what Paul called the "image of the heavenly". It is a body of spirit, and is of that other dimension of God's creation, hidden behind a veil.
7. On the "day of the Lord", which is that day Peter spoke of for the destruction of this present world by God's consuming fire, ALL still alive on earth... will have their flesh bodies cast off. And that is even shown in Isaiah 25 where Apostle Paul was pulling from about death being swallowed up in victory.
8. The world to come will be about a joining of the earth and the heavenly dimensions together, like it was once before when God literally lived upon this ancient earth.

This is not really the topic of the thread. A related topic is not the same topic. Start another thread and maybe somebody will want to debate with you there.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not really the topic of the thread. A related topic is not the same topic. Start another thread and maybe somebody will want to debate with you there.

My posts are RELEVANT to the topic of this thread. You're just saying they aren't because you can't agree with the Scripture I post about this topic does not make my posts irrelevant.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Divine evolution. Nothing is clouding MY thinking here. Adam was not created immortal.

So your saying that there was no good tree that they could have eaten from that could have given them immortality?
Are you saying that God never really intended them to eat of the good tree that would make them immortal?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My posts are RELEVANT to the topic of this thread. You're just saying they aren't because you can't agree with the Scripture I post about this topic does not make my posts irrelevant.

No it’s not. Our bodies don’t die because the answer is in figuring out what type of resurrection happens.

Our bodies dies because the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
That’s the real answer. Our bodies don’t die just so that they will be resurrected. God never intended death to be a part of His good creation.
But seeing death did happen (By man’s choice), God can turn a bad situation around and resurrect the dead.

Side Note:

Granted, God was aware of man’s obedience ahead of time. This is why the Lamb was slain before the foundation of the world. But God did not originally intend man to sin. That was not God’s original intent for man to do wrong. God always wants us to do good and not evil.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do our bodies die?
OP^

* BECAUSE...

God REQUIRES the Death of Every Body.
The LIFE of Every Body is it’s BLOOD.

Gen 9:

[5] And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

* WHY? BECAUSE... a man WITH God, is a Faithful man, and a Faithful man.......IS Gods Inheritance!....God IS Spirit, SO ALSO SHALL His Inheritance BE Spiritual.
Natural man IS NOT Spiritual.....DILEMMA!!

* SOLUTION...REMEDY...KILL the Natural...REMAKE the Natural..
TO Spiritual!

* The mans FREEWILL choosing to be REMADE Spiritual...
* The mans FREEWILL choosing to reject a Spiritual REMAKE and Die, be forgotten...

* GOD CAN NOT REMAKE a man into Spiritual...LESS IT FIRST DIE.

1 Cor 15:
[36] Thou fool (ignorant), that which thou (God) seweth (ie His SEED) is not quickened, (Born Again), except it (the natural body first) die...

No exceptions....the Body MUST First Die, before the WHOLE of the man can (body, soul, spirit), can be REMADE!

(And a note to all the foolish ignorant men, who reject Gods Permanent Salvation of his soul, and born again of his spirit, and new creature of his body via Gods seed.......is offered BY Promise...is Given AFTER a bodily Death.....
IS PERMANENT, never lost, never revoked, never reversed, IS OSAS...
A saved man Gives his BODY unto Death Crucified with Christ Jesus.
NEVER does Scripture teach A SAVED MAN, Becomes UN-SAVED! )

Glory to God,
Taken

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then that plan failed horribly.

So you are saying that God never gets angry at the wicked?
In other words, God had plans and good intentions for man even if they don’t obey. Why does Scripture say that God holds out his hands to a disobedient and gainsaying people?

You said:
Which was disobeyed.

God will still get His way in the end ultimately even if many other men don’t obey. Some men will obey in the end and God’s ultimate plan for good will reign supreme for all eternity.

You said:
Death comes for the sinless also. Paul is talking about the second death not the first. God intended all living to die the first death, sinful or sinless alike.

I believe Paul is referring to both the first death and the second death. Mankind dies because of sin. If Adam and Eve did not sin they would not have died. So are you saying that if Adam and Eve obeyed… they will would have died?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your saying that there was no good tree that they could have eaten from that could have given them immortality?

So your saying.......don’t you listen? He said Adam was not created mortal....so why are you wondering if he said Adam could have become immortal by eating from a certain tree?

No wonder you do not understand when people speak to you.
You do not LISTEN to what they DO SAY!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

I believe the Lamb was slain before the foundation of the world. God knew what man was going to do and He had His plans already in place for their disobedience. But it was God’s original intention that man should have obeyed and not die. God never wants us to sin and or do wrong.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Adam and Eve were created mortal, and if they obeyed God, they would have lived forever. Disobedience by them brought death instead. It’s really that simple. It’s a picture of all disobedience. Death. God left immortality and death in the choice of Adam and Eve’s hands. They chose death and not life. Granted, God was able to forgive them and I believe they were able to reconcile with God later but the point here is that they initially chose death when they could have chosen life.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it’s not. Our bodies don’t die because the answer is in figuring out what type of resurrection happens.

Our bodies dies because the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
That’s the real answer. Our bodies don’t die just so that they will be resurrected. God never intended death to be a part of His good creation.
But seeing death did happen (By man’s choice), God can turn a bad situation around and resurrect the dead.

And just who has been given the power of death? Satan (per Hebrews 2:14). Why? Because like Apostle John said, the devil sinned from the beginning, which means back in the old world before this present 2nd world earth age (1 John 3:8; 2 Peter 3).

Death was brought in by Satan's original rebellion in coveting God's Throne back in the "world that then was". In 2 Peter 3, he covers 3 world earth ages. We are in the 2nd one today.

Satan is who did the very 1st sin, and that was prior to Adam and Eve, because when Satan as "that old serpent" was in God's Garden tempting Eve, he had already rebelled against God and was in his role as Tempter against God.

Doesn't take a lot of common sense to understand those things for one who actually reads and studies... their Bible.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

I believe the Lamb was slain before the foundation of the world. God knew what man was going to do and He had His plans already in place for their disobedience. But it was God’s original intention that man should have obeyed and not die. God never wants us to sin and or do wrong.

Now that is... a wild concocted false idea!

The prophecy that Christ would be born through a virgin to die on the cross was... an ordained prophecy before the foundation of this world, but it certainly DID NOT HAPPEN PRIOR TO THE FOUNDATION OF THIS WORLD! It did not happen until Lord Jesus was actually born in the flesh through a virgin and delivered up to die on His cross.

So where are you getting those crazy ideas? Do you think just whatever pops into your mind that it means it is Scripture?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, mankind was created mortal even in the beginning. But if Adam did not eat of the wrong tree (i.e. sinned - i.e. the wages of sin is death), then Adam and Eve would have eaten of the good tree and they would have lived eternally if they did that. It’s why they were prevented from eating of the good tree.

THAT is FALSE. No they were NOT prevented from eating of the good tree.
Gen 3:22

When you PREACH a bit of truth and DUMP a Lie in the mix...
You are a False Preacher.

You are not LEARNED in the Truth and makeup lies and pretend you are skilled to preach to others....You’re not.

God did not want them to live immortal in a sinful body.

What sinful body? God FORGAVE THEM BEFORE they were escorted out of the Garden. Gen 3:21
The Escort OUT of the Garden was their instant Punishment! Their long term Punishment was Having to LABOR and a Physical bodily Death.

God IS JUST. He forgives the deed, Yet He still Punishes the Act.

We do see Enoch pleased God and he did not see death. The wages of sin is death. But Enoch pleased God and did not see death. While Scripture does not specifically say how he pleased God, we can gather from looking at the rest of Scripture that Enoch most likely pleased God by his faith and in living righteously unlike other men.

And? How does God SEE you? Preaching Lies and attributing them to Gods Word? Preaching Against Gods Permanent Gifted Salvation given to men who have laid down their life, crucified with Christ Jesus?

Ponder that.