Why do the self taught preach an incomplete gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was waiting to see if there was anyone who legitimately wanted to know, or just respond unkindly.

Christ commands us ," wherever this gospel is preached, tell what this woman did." That pretty much is never done.

What did this woman do?
She brought the valuable oil, her most prize possession, her life's work , and poured it onto the feet of Christ.

What did Judas the keeper of the money say? Why this waste? We could have sold this valuable ointment and given the money to the poor.

Christ then said, this woman has done a good work. " Wherever this gospel is preached, tell what this woman did."

When Christ said this, He was elevating what this woman did on par with His work on the Cross. He made it just as important as His work on the Cross.

Here's what the woman did in the eyes of Christ.

She came into the last supper completely covered, including her face and head. She kneeled before Christ and without anyone knowing who she was " wasted " her most prize possession, her life's work on Christ. This is a type of our part of the salvation process! We must sacrifice ourselves, surrender our lives, in secret whenever possible. I promise you, she left after this and know one knew who she was. But Jesus knew, He new who she was without seeing her face.

This command Jesus tells us to do whenever His gospel is preached is never fulfilled. It proves that because Jesus put this work of the woman at the same level as Hiseork on Calvary, Faith is an act ( a surrendered life ) , based upon a Belief ( that He will accept the surrendered life), sustained by confidence ( trusting in Him by making all the many daily decisions that support the fact that our lives are not ours anymore, but His now.).

Christ provided His gift of Grace by the finished work on Calvary. We respond to that Grace" by Faith" , by wasting our lives on Him! Just like the woman did.
So basically, she worshiped, with a repentant heart. That is the gospel.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless we as called out ones are being perfected by the gifted teachers, we may find ourselves teaching a false gospel, the basic good news of Christ work on the Cross.

There's a very important piece of the gospel, the good news that is never acknowledged. If it were correctly acknowledged, it would settle alot of the bickering between us.

Is there anyone who knows what unacknowledged part of the gospel I'm referring to.

Hint: Jesus told us whenever this gospel is preached, to do something! What is it He told us to do?
I would guess that you are looking for something like: "Tell the stories of things Jesus did, and people's responses to them." (Since "The Gospel" is not simply one woman's specific reaction.)

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is your false " believe and recieve" understanding exempt from your " works salvation?

You " choose " to believe, and then engage your will to follow that belief.

No different than a surrendered life followed by that belief.

No work intended to try and fulfill the law here, which we can attempt to do if we wanted to. I wouldn't advise that, but God gives us the choice to faithe into what we desire.

You desire to faithe into God's word by believing in God's word, your choice! I desire to faithe into God Himself, a real living person, my choice!

The English language supports your stance on the mistranslated words believe, believer, and believing. My stance is supported by the Greek language and their Greek language experts, lexicons, dictionarys, Stanford University theological props.

Oh ya, and the experience I'm having in that one on one relationship with Christ. But I can't use any of that to persuade you.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would guess that you are looking for something like: "Tell the stories of things Jesus did, and people's responses to them." (Since "The Gospel" is not simply one woman's specific reaction.)

I didn't say it was the gospel, I said it was an incomplete gospel without what Christ said to do whenever it was preached.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The words that should have been available to the translators are faithe, faither, and faithing.
You are simply inventing ANOTHER GOSPEL. A false gospel. And there are plenty of those floating around. Now listen carefully to what Paul said in Acts 16:

30 And [the Philippian jailer] brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are simply inventing ANOTHER GOSPEL. A false gospel. And there are plenty of those floating around. Now listen carefully to what Paul said in Acts 16:

30 And [the Philippian jailer] brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Right! Now you listen carefully!

The word " BELIEVE" , in that passage is pisteuo in the Greek.

Strong's , " pisteuo means NOT just to believe."

Vines ," pisteuo is a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender."

Acts 16:30 should read,
And they said, surrender your life and will to God and live a life inspired by that surrender, and the shall be saved, and thy household.

The word " believe" is a mistranslation!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have just contradicted Strong's. Which means you have no credibility.

Strong's Concordance
(4100)
pisteuó: to believe, entrust
Original Word: πιστεύω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: pisteuó
Phonetic Spelling: (pist-yoo'-o)
Definition: to believe, entrust
Usage: I believe, have faith in, trust in; pass: I am entrusted with.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon (showing Acts 16:31)
STRONGS NT 4100: πιστεύω
...to have a faith directed toward, etc. (see ἐπί, C. I. 2 g.α., p. 235b (cf. Winers Grammar, and Buttmann, as above, alsoButtmann, § 147, 25)): Matthew 27:42 T Tr text WH; John 3:15L text; Acts 9:42; Acts 11:17; Acts 16:31; Acts 22:19 ((cf. Wis. 12:2));

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Strong's Concordance
(4100)

...to have a faith directed toward, etc. (see ἐπί, C. I. 2 g.α., p. 235b (cf. Winers Grammar, and Buttmann, as above, alsoButtmann, § 147, 25)): Matthew 27:42 T Tr text WH; John 3:15L text; Acts 9:42; Acts 11:17; Acts 16:31; Acts 22:19 ((cf. Wis. 12:2));

The definition of believe is " to Believe?" Lol that's genius!

Go believe then, you've been warned!

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Strong's Concordance
(4100)

BTW, I have the books in front of me. I wouldn't trust Google with the things of God!

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Strong's Concordance
(4100)

Would you Google instruction for a surgeon the day of your surgery?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I guess you don't know what Christ told us to do concerning the gospel?
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15

And when you do, tell what this woman did. So we better have a good understanding of what this woman did!
Right!
My teacher told what this woman did nearly every time he spoke about the gospel. Didn't yours?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when you do, tell what this woman did. So we better have a good understanding of what this woman did!
Right!
My teacher told what this woman did nearly every time he spoke about the gospel. Didn't yours?

And was this your teacher too?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right! Now you listen carefully!

The word " BELIEVE" , in that passage is pisteuo in the Greek.

Vines ," pisteuo is a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender."

Acts 16:30 should read,
And they said, surrender your life and will to God and live a life inspired by that surrender, and the shall be saved, and thy household.

The word " believe" is a mistranslation!
So we now have "pisteuo" over here from another site preaching his false gospel of "faithing." Sweet. :rolleyes:

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And was this your teacher too?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Stay with topic please.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Amen! It's common for works-salvationists to confuse the one-time event of justification with the process of ongoing sanctification. The end result is "performance based" works salvation.
It's connected with the fraudulent Mass where Christ's body is eaten by the priest, people bow down and worship the wafer, and Christ is crucified and sacrificed again each time the Mass is performed.

Also, when a person goes to confession, the priest gives absolution (which he has no authority from God to give), and then prescribes certain punishments on top of it as fruits of repentance (which totally negates the free total forgiveness by grace alone). So confession to a priest and absolution by him is a total fraud because people are expecting forgiveness from a fellow sinner with his collar around the wrong way.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right!
Actually, Matthew 26:13 doesn't say that, at all. (Put your mouse on the verse I posted) You really should not try to add things that are not in the Bible.