Why do we call the Father, the Creator ..when the Son should have that title also?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:1-4 (NASB)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind.

John 1:1-4 (KJV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

So the Word is Jesus:
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

I know Christ and the Father are the same person, but I don't get why we are told the Father gets the title of Creator.

Who is the following about? Is it some kind of weird poem for the Church or humanity? I'm confused on how it could be anyone but Christ.

Proverbs 8
22 The Lord possessed (created) me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So could God the Father be in a dimension outside of ours? Christ is the Representation of the Father in our dimensions. God the Father makes the plan and Christ makes it happen.

Reactions: teamventure

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Why do we call the Father, the Creator ..when the Son should have that title also?"
excellent question, and you are correct in your answer here below, because it's the same one person, with different titles. listen to your answer,
I know Christ and the Father are the same person, but I don't get why we are told the Father gets the title of Creator.
correct, the same person. now to answer the latter half of your question, "but I don't get why we are told the Father gets the title of Creator." answer, because God is the Ordinal First of himself in a plurality, that was to come. being the ORDINAL of his own-self, in A. "TIME", B. "RANK", C. "ORDER", and D. "PLACE", is the key to your question. you're absolutely correct in saying, "Christ and the Father are the same person" CORRECT, and on the money. understand, Jesus is the First and the Last, Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:" well Jesus is ONE person, but Isaiah as well as John said, that the First is "WITH" the Last. BUT THEY ARE "WITH" EACH OTHER IN TIME, PLACE, ORDER, and RANK, YES, RANK, HENCE THE TITLE FATHER, lets look at both verses,

Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he."
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

here in both of these two verses, we have the term "WITH" and you was on the RIGHT track, because "WITH", means, 1. accompanied by (another person or thing). THIS IS TRADITIONALLY WHAT MOST PEOPLE THINK WHEN HEARING THE TERM "WITH". but pittsburghjoe, you was on the Right road when you said in, "Proverbs 8:22 The Lord possessed (created) me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old". THIS IS WHAT THE SECOND DEFINITION OF WITH IS ALL ABOUT, #2. possessing (something) as a feature or accompaniment. BINGO, but POSSESSED do not mean "create", no, but accompaniment, "OWNERSHIP", and what's another word for accompaniment? answer fellow. now where has we seen this word at in the bible before concering the Father and the Son? answer, Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones." and we know that this man that is the "LORD" FELLOW is the Christ. and the term "FELLOW" here in the KJV can be translated as "ANOTHER".
H5997 עָמִית `amiyth (aw-meeth') n-m.
1. companionship.
2. (hence, concretely) a comrade or kindred man.
[from a primitive root meaning to associate]
KJV: another, fellow, neighbour.

so this MAN, the CHRIST, is the LORD's ..... "ANOTHER". now the question is HOW? I'll answer now... in Ordinal, as in the Last, or the Last Adam. for the LORD, all caps is the Ordinal First, RANK, Father, CREATOR, and MAKER of all things. the Christ is the Ordinal Last, RANK, Son, REDDEMER, and SAVIOUR of the World. but can we prove it that the First and the Last is the same one person, when both Isaiah and John say that each is "WITH" each other? yes, we can prove it, for Isaiah also said, this, meaning God spoke this to Isaiah to write, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." BINGO, there it is the First, The Father, the Ordinal First, the LORD, is "ALSO" the same person who is the Ordinal Last, the Son, the Lord. JESUS it the First and also the Last, the same one person.

it's the same one person, but as you said "Why do we call the Father, the Creator ..when the Son should have that title also?" because of A. TIME, B. Place, C. Rank, and D. ORDER. now to answer all of that, listen carefully. Jesus the Son of God, the Man that is God's fellow of Zechariah 13:7 was not at Genesis 1:1, or at Genesis 1:26, BUT JESUS WAS. did you understand that? see, Jesus is the CREATOR, and MAKER of all things as "Father", and Jesus as Son is the REDEEMER, and SAVIOUR of all men. but Jesus the Christ was not at Genesis 1:1, not with flesh bone, and blood, no. but was it not the Wisdom of God who created all things? the Spirit ...of, of, of, Christ, meaning Jesus, listen, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow." yes, the Spirit is the Father... "God", (per John 4:24a). but he was not yet personified At Genesis 1:1, or 1:26, (meaning in flesh, which was to come, Roman 5:14b), that is the key.
now watch this, it was JESUS the Ordinal Last who gave his LIFE, (BLOOD), on the cross to redeem and save man. did you get that. yes, that Man that is God's fellow, came later.... LAST, after Genesis 1:1, after Genesis 1:26. but Jesus, (the Spirit) was before that fellow who is the son, (God in Flesh). that's why he said in Matthews 19:4 that "HE", speaking of God, himself, JESUS, as the Ordinal First who made man, (BINGO, THERE IS YOUR ANSWER TO YOUR TOPIC), but yet is was him, BUT NOT AS THE SON, (in flesh), but him in Ordinal First in TIME, PLACE, ORDER., and RANK. God's pluralityis found in his ORDER of First and Last, which is his diversity of ONENESS.

pittsburghjoe, that was an excellent, I mean excellent question. if you have any questions, please ask. but I must give it to you, you're on the right track, but with the help of the Holy Ghost you will know for yourself.

I suggest you re-read this post for clarity, and edification.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not the same person!
3 persons = 1 God.
God transcends all dimensions.
Jesus has all authority and so that alone proves He is the All Mighty God, omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. In Hebrews 1, the Father refers to Jesus as God.
We do call Jesus the Creator. As you mentioned John 1, also
Col. 1:16-17

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 8:26
While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

Wait a second, were the fields mentioned, quantum fields? This is amazing if so.

I think the bible uses dust to talk about atoms. Atoms to form Adam.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Why do we call the Father, the Creator ..when the Son should have that title also?"
excellent question, and you are correct in your answer here below, because it's the same one person, with different titles. listen to your answer,

correct, the same person. now to answer the latter half of your question, "but I don't get why we are told the Father gets the title of Creator." answer, because God is the Ordinal First of himself in a plurality, that was to come. being the ORDINAL of his own-self, in A. "TIME", B. "RANK", C. "ORDER", and D. "PLACE", is the key to your question. you're absolutely correct in saying, "Christ and the Father are the same person" CORRECT, and on the money. understand, Jesus is the First and the Last, Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:" well Jesus is ONE person, but Isaiah as well as John said, that the First is "WITH" the Last. BUT THEY ARE "WITH" EACH OTHER IN TIME, PLACE, ORDER, and RANK, YES, RANK, HENCE THE TITLE FATHER, lets look at both verses,

Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he."
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

here in both of these two verses, we have the term "WITH" and you was on the RIGHT track, because "WITH", means, 1. accompanied by (another person or thing). THIS IS TRADITIONALLY WHAT MOST PEOPLE THINK WHEN HEARING THE TERM "WITH". but pittsburghjoe, you was on the Right road when you said in, "Proverbs 8:22 The Lord possessed (created) me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old". THIS IS WHAT THE SECOND DEFINITION OF WITH IS ALL ABOUT, #2. possessing (something) as a feature or accompaniment. BINGO, but POSSESSED do not mean "create", no, but accompaniment, "OWNERSHIP", and what's another word for accompaniment? answer fellow. now where has we seen this word at in the bible before concering the Father and the Son? answer, Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones." and we know that this man that is the "LORD" FELLOW is the Christ. and the term "FELLOW" here in the KJV can be translated as "ANOTHER".
H5997 עָמִית `amiyth (aw-meeth') n-m.
1. companionship.
2. (hence, concretely) a comrade or kindred man.
[from a primitive root meaning to associate]
KJV: another, fellow, neighbour.

so this MAN, the CHRIST, is the LORD's ..... "ANOTHER". now the question is HOW? I'll answer now... in Ordinal, as in the Last, or the Last Adam. for the LORD, all caps is the Ordinal First, RANK, Father, CREATOR, and MAKER of all things. the Christ is the Ordinal Last, RANK, Son, REDDEMER, and SAVIOUR of the World. but can we prove it that the First and the Last is the same one person, when both Isaiah and John say that each is "WITH" each other? yes, we can prove it, for Isaiah also said, this, meaning God spoke this to Isaiah to write, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." BINGO, there it is the First, The Father, the Ordinal First, the LORD, is "ALSO" the same person who is the Ordinal Last, the Son, the Lord. JESUS it the First and also the Last, the same one person.

it's the same one person, but as you said "Why do we call the Father, the Creator ..when the Son should have that title also?" because of A. TIME, B. Place, C. Rank, and D. ORDER. now to answer all of that, listen carefully. Jesus the Son of God, the Man that is God's fellow of Zechariah 13:7 was not at Genesis 1:1, or at Genesis 1:26, BUT JESUS WAS. did you understand that? see, Jesus is the CREATOR, and MAKER of all things as "Father", and Jesus as Son is the REDEEMER, and SAVIOUR of all men. but Jesus the Christ was not at Genesis 1:1, not with flesh bone, and blood, no. but was it not the Wisdom of God who created all things? the Spirit ...of, of, of, Christ, meaning Jesus, listen, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow." yes, the Spirit is the Father... "God", (per John 4:24a). but he was not yet personified At Genesis 1:1, or 1:26, (meaning in flesh, which was to come, Roman 5:14b), that is the key.
now watch this, it was JESUS the Ordinal Last who gave his LIFE, (BLOOD), on the cross to redeem and save man. did you get that. yes, that Man that is God's fellow, came later.... LAST, after Genesis 1:1, after Genesis 1:26. but Jesus, (the Spirit) was before that fellow who is the son, (God in Flesh). that's why he said in Matthews 19:4 that "HE", speaking of God, himself, JESUS, as the Ordinal First who made man, (BINGO, THERE IS YOUR ANSWER TO YOUR TOPIC), but yet is was him, BUT NOT AS THE SON, (in flesh), but him in Ordinal First in TIME, PLACE, ORDER., and RANK. God's pluralityis found in his ORDER of First and Last, which is his diversity of ONENESS.

pittsburghjoe, that was an excellent, I mean excellent question. if you have any questions, please ask. but I must give it to you, you're on the right track, but with the help of the Holy Ghost you will know for yourself.

I suggest you re-read this post for clarity, and edification.

PICJAG
If God and Jesus are the same person, how does this belief differ from modalism,
that was determined to be a heresy around 350ad?

You bring up an interesting word, "fellow(s)". Please tell me who the "fellows" are in this scripture:
Psalm 45:6-7 King James Version (KJV)
6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. Thank you.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 8:26
While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

Wait a second, were the fields mentioned, quantum fields? This is amazing if so.

I think the bible uses dust to talk about atoms. Atoms to form Adam.
Well dirt is made out of atoms, but really what is being stayed here js that our bodies are composed of 17 or so minerals found in dirt. If you leave a body to decay, eventually it will turn to a pile of dust - same minerals it was made from ... except for people like Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Soros, their piles will contain other ingredients.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well dirt is made out of atoms, but really what is being stayed here js that our bodies are composed of 17 or so minerals found in dirt. If you leave a body to decay, eventually it will turn to a pile of dust - same minerals it was made from ... except for people like Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Soros, their piles will contain other ingredients.
Well said, thank you. That gave me a good laugh.

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of you guys would argue with a brick wall....thebHoly Spirit is the Creator as well as Jesus and Father. What eternal significance does the question even impact? God is the Creator...

Reactions: kcnalp and TLHKAJ

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God and Jesus are the same person, how does this belief differ from modalism,
DIVERSITY, the EQUAL SHARE, just as Phil 2:6 states.

You bring up an interesting word, "fellow(s)". Please tell me who the "fellows" are in this scripture:
Psalm 45:6-7 King James Version (KJV)
6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. Thank you.
see the answer above

now to prove this out, Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."
now read the proceeding scriptures before this one and tell us who is this speaking, "and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced". was this the LORD, all caps, or the Lord..... well?

PICJAG

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DIVERSITY, the EQUAL SHARE, just as Phil 2:6 states.

see the answer above

now to prove this out, Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."
now read the proceeding scriptures before this one and tell us who is this speaking, "and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced". was this the LORD, all caps, or the Lord..... well?

PICJAG.
God is annointing another God with the oil of gladness above his fellows. And you say that the "fellows" mentioned in this scripture are "DIVERSITY, the EQUAL SHARE, just as Phil 2:6 states?"

That makes no sense. And besides, I thought "DIVERSITY, the EQUAL SHARE, just as Phil 2:6 states."
is ONE fellow? The scripture says "fellows"?

So make sense of your answers of post #11. Thank you.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of you guys would argue with a brick wall....thebHoly Spirit is the Creator as well as Jesus and Father. What eternal significance does the question even impact?

The eternal significance is keeping the 1C or not!

There is only one God, the Father. He is Spirit and his Spirit is holy. He selected a man to be his servant, to speak his Words and to adopt after God raised the servant from the dead. Our inheritance is to also be sons and daughter's of God. This is the Good News. Jesus is not God any more than any of the other lords of the Bible are THE LORD, God.
Deuteronomy 18:15-18.
Acts 13:29-33
Acts 17:31
Ps 110:1

'For us, there is one God, the Father.'
1 Corinthians 8:6

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is annointing another God with the oil of gladness above his fellows.
ARE you saying that there is TWO Gods..... (smile). boy you just ERROR, ERROR, ERROR, just as he could swear by no GREATER, lol, lol, lol. now as for FELLOWS, are you not in, Christ, the one Body? are you not walking with Christ EVERY DAY IN HIS SPIRIT?... I hope so. NOW HEAR THIS G money... the ANOTING, not a God anointing a God, are you kidding, no he's anointing his ownself in FLESH, scripture, Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." HOW MUCH IS IN HIM G money? all well, did he not leave his JOY, (G20 ἀγαλλίασις agalliasis/GLADNESS), with all of us? which clearly shows his DIVERSITY, for is he not THE HOLY GHOST?... (smile), are you really reading the bible?now aint you "GLADE" that Jesus left his Spirit the Holy Ghost with us? Lets see it clearly and the "GLADNESS". was this not foretold? Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:" and was this not foretold the ANOTING of the Holy Ghost, and this was fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost? I wll Highlight the Gladness in red bold. since it needs to be READ.

Straight to the point, Acts 10:38 "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

well, when was this, when he was on EARTH, in Flesh, and this anointed is for HIS "FELLOWS, well when did this happen? lets READ.

Acts 2:16 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;"
Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"
Acts 2:18 "And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:"
Acts 2:19 "And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:"
Acts 2:20 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:"
Acts 2:21 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Acts 2:22 "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:"
Acts 2:23 "Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:"
Acts 2:24 "Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it."
Acts 2:25 "For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:"
Acts 2:26 "Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:"
Acts 2:27 "Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption."
Acts 2:28 "Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance."
Acts 2:29 "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day."
Acts 2:30 "Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;"
Acts 2:31 "He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption."
Acts 2:32 "This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses."
Acts 2:33 "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear."

Well, G money is this for .... "ALL" ... his Fellows? yes, lets see,

Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."
Acts 2:40 "And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation."
Acts 2:41 "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls."

BINGO, this is so clear that God in flesh and bone is "Glorified" or Anointed in the Ordinal Last, with the Holy Spirit, who is in his "FELLOWS" today.

AINT GOD, yes, GOD is GOOD. had to say it as in the "ANOTHER", ..... :D YIKES!, GOD is GOOD IN REVEALING TRUTH. this is so easy, when you have the Holy Ghost, yes, us his "FELLOW", have the Spirit of Gladness

101G
The "Spiritual Saboteur"

PS, Isaiah 61:1 "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;"
Isaiah 61:2 "To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;"
Isaiah 61:3 "To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified."

boy oh boy some just don't READ, and UNDERSTAND being guided by the Holy Ghost.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:1-4 (NASB)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind.

John 1:1-4 (KJV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

So the Word is Jesus:
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Who is the following about? Is it some kind of weird poem for the Church or humanity? I'm confused on how it could be anyone but Christ.

Proverbs 8
22 The Lord possessed (created) me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

I don't pretend to understand all the aspects to creation, but I can explain in short how I see it. There are so many facts of scripture to consider that it's impossible to bring it all out by posting, it would require a book to even crack the surface.

I see the Trinity as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, who are manifest in one God.

To make it easier to understand, I use construction terms to identify the three persons. The Owner, the Architect, and the Contractor.

The Owner is the Father, He owns everything that has been created, He spoke everything into existence.

The Architect is Christ, He is the Word from the beginning, He is the plan and design for everything that is created. He sustains everything in existence by His power and standing as the Second Adam.

The Contractor is the Holy Spirit, He brings about the actual work desired by the Father in the name of the Word.

I think it's important to see that the One we know as Christ was in the beginning the Word (the beginning as we know it, God has no beginning), the Living Word, which is shown to us in the written Word. Everything from Gen. to Rev. is revealing the Living Word to man.

The Word did not come about by creation, creation came about by the Word. Christ is the center of this universe. He is the reason for creation, therefore, He is the heir of all that the Father has made by His reconciliation of fallen man to the Father which was the plan of the Triune God from the beginning, as we know it.

This is very vague, with much scripture to be brought to light. But it is the general concept as I see it.

Reactions: Nancy