Why do we call the Father, the Creator ..when the Son should have that title also?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Agent of Creation. The Father commissioned the work that Jesus performed.

And currently has all authority in Heaven and Earth.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Agent of Creation. The Father commissioned the work that Jesus performed.

I agree! Jesus has all authority by reconciling the Father's greatest creation back in relationship with Him.

The love of the Triune God is far beyond anything we as man can comprehend.

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree! Jesus has all authority by reconciling the Father's greatest creation back in relationship with Him.

The love of the Triune God is far beyond anything we as man can comprehend.

Jesus said that "All authority in Heaven and on Earth has been given unto me" and I know better than to doubt anything that Jesus says.

And if you don't...well you may not believe that the freight train is going to come down the railroad tracks but...that ain't gonna stop it from doing it either.

Reactions: Charlie24

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where it that in the Bible?

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JohnDB said:

PICJAG
Colossians...first chapter.

Try around vs 15-17

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we call the Father, the Creator ..when the Son should have that title also?
OP^

The Son does have a Title.
Its "Maker" (among other things), as God has other Titles.

John 1:
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Things are Created...as God Speaks.
BY Gods Power...the thing come to be.
BY Gods "Making" the thing comes to into Living, functioning.

The man was formed, Created from Dust OF the Earth...
Then Made alive.

BTW- Jesus was Revealed The Christ.
Knowing He is the Christ is one thing.
(But men could only SEE the Body, NOT literally SEE Christ)

Christ is the Wisdom of God.
Christ is the Power of God.
Christ is the Seed of God.

We only see the Effects of Gods Wisdom, Power, Seed...Word, Light....and so forth.

God Bless,
Taken

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians...first chapter.

Try around vs 15-17
Colossians 1:15 "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:"
Colossians 1:16 "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:"

is this the one? Good, thanks, for he is the Son right? John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

well you have two, no three problems and here they are.
#1. Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

A. problem #1. well it was the "LORD", who MADE ALL THINGS, (the Father), and if you say the Son went through the Father, now you have problem #2.because the LORD was "ALONE", and "by himself". the term "ALONE" means, having no one else present. uh o no one present, meaning no one to go through, that's a big problem with a lot of other complications.

now Problem #3. Jesus said this in , Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,"
well this is a GIANT Problem, because the one person who say CREATED, and MADE ALL THINGS, said "HE" Made man, GOD who is the Father, and Jesus cannot LIE. and if he, (God the LORD, who is the Father), made man, that would include all things that was made...... well Houston, you have a problem, a big problem. care to address them...

PICJAG

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:15 "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:"
Colossians 1:16 "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:"

is this the one? Good, thanks, for he is the Son right? John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

#1. Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

A. problem #1. well it was the "LORD", who MADE ALL THINGS, (the Father), and if you say the Son went through the Father, now you have problem #2.because the LORD was "ALONE", and "by himself". the term "ALONE" means, having no one else present. uh o no one present, meaning no one to go through, that's a big problem with a lot of other complications.

now Problem #3. Jesus said this in , Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,"
well this is a GIANT Problem, because the one person who say CREATED, and MADE ALL THINGS, said "HE" Made man, GOD who is the Father, and Jesus cannot LIE. and if he, (God the LORD, who is the Father), made man, that would include all things that was made...... well Houston, you have a problem, a big problem. care to address them...

PICJAG
God is one.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG
And if all you want to do is argue against the Trinity...

You are going on ignore too...I don't have anything to do with those who don't believe in the Trinity...they are blasphemous.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 1:1-4 (NASB)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind.

John 1:1-4 (KJV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

So the Word is Jesus:
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

I know Christ and the Father are the same person, but I don't get why we are told the Father gets the title of Creator.

Who is the following about? Is it some kind of weird poem for the Church or humanity? I'm confused on how it could be anyone but Christ.

Proverbs 8
22 The Lord possessed (created) me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
The Father is called the creator, as God is solely called the Father, hundreds of times throughout Scripture. There is no other god than God the Father, you will never read the words 'God the Son' from anywhere in the Bible.

Why are you perplexed about Proverbs 8, as to who the subject matter is? Within the pericope it is clearly explained that the one talking is wisdom. It is being personified in order to emphasize its eminence, insight and potency. It is multi-dimensional when presented in this manner, giving it a comprehensive benefit to all who seek it out.

Proverbs 8:1-36
8:1. Does not wisdom call, And understanding lift up her voice? 2. On top of the heights beside the way, Where the paths meet, she takes her stand; 3. Beside the gates, at the opening to the city, At the entrance of the doors, she cries out: 4. "To you, O men, I call, And my voice is to the sons of men. 5. "O naive ones, understand prudence; And, O fools, understand wisdom. 6. "Listen, for I will speak noble things; And the opening of my lips will reveal right things. 7. "For my mouth will utter truth; And wickedness is an abomination to my lips. 8. "All the utterances of my mouth are in righteousness; There is nothing crooked or perverted in them. 9. "They are all straightforward to him who understands, And right to those who find knowledge. 10. "Take my instruction and not silver, And knowledge rather than choicest gold. 11. "For wisdom is better than jewels; And all desirable things cannot compare with her. 12. "I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, And I find knowledge and discretion. 13. "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverted mouth, I hate. 14. "Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am understanding, power is mine. 15. "By me kings reign, And rulers decree justice. 16. "By me princes rule, and nobles, All who judge rightly. 17. "I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me. 18. "Riches and honor are with me, Enduring wealth and righteousness. 19. "My fruit is better than gold, even pure gold, And my yield better than choicest silver. 20. "I walk in the way of righteousness, In the midst of the paths of justice, 21. To endow those who love me with wealth, That I may fill their treasuries. 22. "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old. 23. "From everlasting I was established, From the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth. 24. "When there were no depths I was brought forth, When there were no springs abounding with water. 25. "Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills I was brought forth; 26. While He had not yet made the earth and the fields, Nor the first dust of the world. 27. "When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep, 28. When He made firm the skies above, When the springs of the deep became fixed, 29. When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth; 30. Then I was beside Him, as a master workman; And I was daily His delight, Rejoicing always before Him, 31. Rejoicing in the world, His earth, And having my delight in the sons of men. 32. "Now therefore, O sons, listen to me, For blessed are they who keep my ways. 33. "Heed instruction and be wise, And do not neglect it. 34. "Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at my doorposts. 35. "For he who finds me finds life And obtains favor from the LORD. 36. "But he who sins against me injures himself; All those who hate me love death."

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father is called the creator, as God is solely called the Father, hundreds of times throughout Scripture. There is no other god than God the Father, you will never read the words 'God the Son' from anywhere in the Bible.

Why are you perplexed about Proverbs 8, as to who the subject matter is? Within the pericope it is clearly explained that the one talking is wisdom. It is being personified in order to emphasize its eminence, insight and potency. It is multi-dimensional when presented in this manner, giving it a comprehensive benefit to all who seek it out.

Proverbs 8:1-36
8:1. Does not wisdom call, And understanding lift up her voice? 2. On top of the heights beside the way, Where the paths meet, she takes her stand; 3. Beside the gates, at the opening to the city, At the entrance of the doors, she cries out: 4. "To you, O men, I call, And my voice is to the sons of men. 5. "O naive ones, understand prudence; And, O fools, understand wisdom. 6. "Listen, for I will speak noble things; And the opening of my lips will reveal right things. 7. "For my mouth will utter truth; And wickedness is an abomination to my lips. 8. "All the utterances of my mouth are in righteousness; There is nothing crooked or perverted in them. 9. "They are all straightforward to him who understands, And right to those who find knowledge. 10. "Take my instruction and not silver, And knowledge rather than choicest gold. 11. "For wisdom is better than jewels; And all desirable things cannot compare with her. 12. "I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, And I find knowledge and discretion. 13. "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverted mouth, I hate. 14. "Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am understanding, power is mine. 15. "By me kings reign, And rulers decree justice. 16. "By me princes rule, and nobles, All who judge rightly. 17. "I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me. 18. "Riches and honor are with me, Enduring wealth and righteousness. 19. "My fruit is better than gold, even pure gold, And my yield better than choicest silver. 20. "I walk in the way of righteousness, In the midst of the paths of justice, 21. To endow those who love me with wealth, That I may fill their treasuries. 22. "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old. 23. "From everlasting I was established, From the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth. 24. "When there were no depths I was brought forth, When there were no springs abounding with water. 25. "Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills I was brought forth; 26. While He had not yet made the earth and the fields, Nor the first dust of the world. 27. "When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep, 28. When He made firm the skies above, When the springs of the deep became fixed, 29. When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth; 30. Then I was beside Him, as a master workman; And I was daily His delight, Rejoicing always before Him, 31. Rejoicing in the world, His earth, And having my delight in the sons of men. 32. "Now therefore, O sons, listen to me, For blessed are they who keep my ways. 33. "Heed instruction and be wise, And do not neglect it. 34. "Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at my doorposts. 35. "For he who finds me finds life And obtains favor from the LORD. 36. "But he who sins against me injures himself; All those who hate me love death."

I think it is hinting there was some kind of prototype of creation in God's mind.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it is hinting there was some kind of prototype of creation in God's mind.
But why, there is enough evidence in the chapter itself that the entire pericope is clearly speaking about the pre-eminence of wisdom. Why in the world would you radicalize such a straight-forward message, when you do not have, outside of these perceived verses, any evidence for such an outrageous claim?

Do not define doctrine, especially of such large implications, from a few 'obscure' passages.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But why, there is enough evidence in the chapter itself that the entire pericope is clearly speaking about the pre-eminence of wisdom. Why in the world would you radicalize such a straight-forward message, when you do not have, outside of these perceived verses, any evidence for such an outrageous claim?

Do not define doctrine, especially of such large implications, from a few 'obscure' passages.

Why? Because then we have a reason for human bones before Adam.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To answer the original question, our Creator God is all three persons of the Godhead - Father, Son and Spirit.

Genesis 1:1-3
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

John 1:1-4
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him [Jesus] all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

Reactions: JohnDB

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all,
God is one.
everyone knows that, but in his ONENESS, he's a "Diversity", or the H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') of himself in flesh. which many don't A. know, or B. understand. there is a proverb that describe this lack of Knowledge, and understanding perfectly. Proverbs 25:2 "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." see JohnDB, we're kings and priest, (see Revelation 1:6), and as kings, we're to search out God's glory which is conceal, so that HIS people may see his BEAUTY. A. his wonderful CREATION that he MADE, as the Father, (as many on this board has brought out by TRUE SCIENCE). B. his work in REDEMPTION, and SALVATION, of all mankind as Son, (the GREAT COMMISSION). C. his COMFORT, and MEDITATION, as the Holy Ghost, in the Last day, (which indwells us). these are his, his, his, titles, the ONE and ONLY LIVING Diversified God, the Lord JESUS. not as separate, and distinct person, no, only one person shared in flesh as a man. that's why God said, my people are destroyed for the LACK of KNOWLEDGE.
And if all you want to do is argue against the Trinity...
who is arguing aganist the trinity? is it not the Bible I speak? if you believe what's not in the Bible, then it's on you.
You are going on ignore too...I don't have anything to do with those who don't believe in the Trinity...they are blasphemous.
sticking one's head in the sand will not change the TRUTH, NOT one iota. many years ago, I was told, if one close their hand shut trying to hold onto money that was in it, that same closed hand God cannot put money in. the same is with a closed mind, (for knowledge and understanding).

and as for, "going on ignore", that's GREAT, that's one less I have to reply to..... :rolleyes: YIKES!.

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To answer the original question, our Creator God is all three persons of the Godhead - Father, Son and Spirit.

Genesis 1:1-3
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

John 1:1-4
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him [Jesus] all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
AMEN!
Anybody believing anything else is a heathen blasphemer...

Reactions: Pearl