Why do we call the Father, the Creator ..when the Son should have that title also?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize this is figurative language, right? Beings are not words.
You should have kept on reading.
John 1:1-3 (NKJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
John 1:14 (NKJV)
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Reactions: JohnDB and Pearl

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should have kept on reading.

I never heard of John 1 before. Seriously, the figurative language does not support what you want it to support. I've posted vids going into great detail. In short, Jesus is the first fruits of a redeemed world. This is the beginning John was writing about, which is not the same beginning referenced in Genesis.

There is only one God, the Father.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never heard of John 1 before. Seriously, the figurative language does not support what you want it to support. I've posted vids going into great detail. In short, Jesus is the first fruits of a redeemed world. This is the beginning John was writing about, which is not the same beginning referenced in Genesis.

Well if you've never heard of John 1 I suggest you read your Bible. It comes right after the Book of Luke.

Reactions: JohnDB

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You do realize this is figurative language, right? Beings are not words.
Jesus is the Word. Everything God created was spoken into existence through Jesus the Word.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I don't understand how you could not know John chapter 1. Are you a new believer? What church do you belong to?

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not understand why @Wrangler would lie by saying he had never heard of Jn. 1 before. He said to me "God was the Word" (Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Λόγος) in Jn. 1:1 is figurative for "the Word is the Word of God." Then, I asked him to explain how so and he refused.
Maybe he/she needs Jesus?

Reactions: Pearl

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously, the figurative language does not support what you want it to support. I've posted vids going into great detail. In short, Jesus is the first fruits of a redeemed world. This is the beginning John was writing about, which is not the same beginning referenced in Genesis.

I guess none of you read the read of the post.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it wasn't, and they were genuine questions. Which you haven't answered.

Absolutely not if you don't call yourself a Christian but it absolutely does if you are a Christian. It is the heart of Christianity.

Well...if a person is dead then they have that whole despair thing going on...they NEVER will have hope. And those who don't believe it today have no hope.

So...I tend to think it matters.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:1-4 (NASB)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind.

John 1:1-4 (KJV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Hi Pittsburghjoe,
Welcome to CB.
In the first verse you quoted, I see first of all, that Jesus IS God and without Jesus, nothing at all was made. So, as God is "one", and Jesus is credited right in this verse as creating all that is. So, it is not only "God" (even though Christ IS God) that is credited for creation but also Christ, who comes from God.
JMHO :)

John 1:1-4 (NASB)
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind."

Reactions: tsr

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't pretend to understand all the aspects to creation, but I can explain in short how I see it. There are so many facts of scripture to consider that it's impossible to bring it all out by posting, it would require a book to even crack the surface.

I see the Trinity as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, who are manifest in one God.

To make it easier to understand, I use construction terms to identify the three persons. The Owner, the Architect, and the Contractor.

The Owner is the Father, He owns everything that has been created, He spoke everything into existence.

The Architect is Christ, He is the Word from the beginning, He is the plan and design for everything that is created. He sustains everything in existence by His power and standing as the Second Adam.

The Contractor is the Holy Spirit, He brings about the actual work desired by the Father in the name of the Word.

I think it's important to see that the One we know as Christ was in the beginning the Word (the beginning as we know it, God has no beginning), the Living Word, which is shown to us in the written Word. Everything from Gen. to Rev. is revealing the Living Word to man.

The Word did not come about by creation, creation came about by the Word. Christ is the center of this universe. He is the reason for creation, therefore, He is the heir of all that the Father has made by His reconciliation of fallen man to the Father which was the plan of the Triune God from the beginning, as we know it.

This is very vague, with much scripture to be brought to light. But it is the general concept as I see it.

Good post @Charlie24 , I agree.
And welcome here. :)

Reactions: Charlie24