Why do we need born again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 3:3​

King James Version​

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Your claim that Evangelical Christians have not been born again is really despicable. I have reported you for it.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your claim that Evangelical Christians have not been born again is really despicable. I have reported you for it.
That is what I read online and posted.

Learn to pronounceevangelical​

/ˌiːvanˈdʒɛlɪkl/

adjective
of or according to the teaching of the gospel or the Christian religion.

We are Born Again like the wind....we aren’t called evangelical..that is a denomination.

The fundamental requirement of Pentecostalism is that one be born again. The new birth is received by the grace of God through faith in Christ as Lord and Savior. In being born again, the believer is regenerated, justified, adopted into the family of God, and the Holy Spirit's work of sanctification is initiated

Last edited:

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what your end goal was with this post.

Jesus told Nicodemus how to be born again. Do you understand what he said?
I post it, the question is do you understand? I believe you don't understand, and most people don't, because born again is a change in the body, not the mind.

Go back and take a good look at those verses. Can a flesh and blood man do this?

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. 28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further. 29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them. 30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. 31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Look at verse 31, once they realized that it was Jesus they spoke with, what happen? He vanished out of their sight. Remember in John chapter 3 and verse 8. The Lord gave an example of how a spirit would look. He likened a spirit to the wind.( John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.) Can you or can you not see the wind?

Now Paul talks about the renewing in the mind in Romans 12: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Now it's much more to learn and verses to cover being born again, but it's not to be confuse with renewing in the mind. Again, most people have not being taught what born again is, but that conversation Jesus was having with Nicodemus was speaking on a change in the body.

peace in Jesus name

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I post it, the question is do you understand? I believe you don't understand, and most people don't, because born again is a change in the body, not the mind.

Go back and take a good look at those verses. Can a flesh and blood man do this?

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. 28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further. 29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them. 30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. 31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Look at verse 31, once they realized that it was Jesus they spoke with, what happen? He vanished out of their sight. Remember in John chapter 3 and verse 8. The Lord gave an example of how a spirit would look. He likened a spirit to the wind.( John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.) Can you or can you not see the wind?

Now Paul talks about the renewing in the mind in Romans 12: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Now it's much more to learn and verses to cover being born again, but it's not to be confuse with renewing in the mind. Again, most people have not being taught what born again is, but that conversation Jesus was having with Nicodemus was speaking on a change in the body.

peace in Jesus name
Being born again is a change in out status

we were dead to God. We are now alive in Christ.

Its not our body, Our body is still dead

Romans 8:
Romans 8:10
And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

You should not tell people they do not understand.. Especially if you do not understand

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we need born again

Life of a human body IS it’s BLOOD.
All human body’s SHALL, MUST die.

ONLY the human body’s that Desire to be MADE (glorified, holy) and LIVE Forever WITH-IN the SIGHT of God…
MUST be “spirit born AGAIN of Gods seed”.

Presently, IF a man LOOKED upon God, that man would INSTANTLY incinerate and die.

In the future, Men whose spirit is born again SHALL be able to LOOK upon God and SEE Him as He Is, and Live Forever IN the Company of God and the Perfect Beauty and Peace, Comfort, Joy, of His World.

Imagine, no more Death, rot, decay, trash, chaos, stink, diseases, sadness, pain, distrust, swindlers, liars, cheaters…FEAR.

No more cars, trains, planes, phones, internet, dirty laundry, dishes, dusting, cleaning, fixing, cleaning some more, bathing, cleaning some more, rushing, arguing, dealing with numb-skulls, having umpteen so called authorities dictating their whims, standing in lines, sitting in traffic, cleaning some more….would be a huge plus! :)

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About 70% of the people in the United States claim to be Christian. I guess that you think that only about 30% of the people in the United States are dead in trespasses and sins. Interesting.

I suppose you could say not all those 70% claiming to be Christian are not really Christian. But I don't think you are the great determinator. True as your statement might be, it doesn't really say much until you define Christian.
Kind of hard to get around Romans 8:35-39 isn't it?

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, well... should I define Christian? One who has the spirit of Christ.
One who has been Born Again of imperishable seed, I’m not correcting you, just posting a different verse.

Last edited:

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again is a change in out status

we were dead to God. We are now alive in Christ.

Its not our body, Our body is still dead

Romans 8:
Romans 8:10
And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

You should not tell people they do not understand.. Especially if you do not understand
Yeah that's true what Paul is saying, and the only way Christ is going to be in a person is if they kept the Commandments, statues and Judgements. Now one of those Commandments is the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week. Because the Sabbath day is part of that Commandment and there was no sin in Jesus and he kept and Paul, etc. In 1 Peter 2: 21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22 who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). You will not displease the Lord by: Worshipping other gods, having graven images, taking his name in vain, breaking his Sabbath day (which is Saturday not Sunday), or dishonoring your parents. On the other hand, if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not kill him, commit adultery with his spouse, steal from him, falsely accuse him, or covet anything of his. All have sinned (broken the law...Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law (I John 3:4) and the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).

So if you are going to have Christ in you, then you have to walk like Christ and follow his steps, not your own, and you have to keep the law, just like Jesus and the apostles.

When Jesus (the true Lamb of God) was sacrificed, he removed our past sins. If we accept Jesus as our sin offering, we are required to repent and get baptized IN THE NAME OF JESUS ("there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved..."(Acts 4: 12). To repent means to turn from our sinful ways and start obeying God's law. The water baptism signifies the washing away of our past sins. After repenting and being baptized in the name of Jesus it would be foolish for us to turn around and willingly break God's commandments. This is how the body become dead to sin, but if we make an honest mistake Jesus can help us, but if we sin willingly, look out! "...there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation..." (Hebrews 10:26-27).

We still must obey all of God's laws and statues of conduct, from the ten commandments to the least commandment. We cannot choose to obey one without obeying the others. For instance, if it's still good to pay tithes (as many preach), then it is still good to obey God's dietary law (not eating pork, catfish, etc...Leviticus 11:1-47). Similarly, you cannot purposely trip a blind person (Leviticus 19:14) and claim to love your neighbor as yourself. Neither can you break God's Sabbath days (Leviticus 19:30) and claim to love God with all your heart, soul and mind.

This is a response from your post, a process to be born again.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When Jesus was explaining to Nicodemus about the wind, this is what he meant ,the Holy Spirit is like the wind, he is everywhere, you can’t see him and you don’t know where he is going,.

What this means to a Born Again is, the Holy Spirit is like the wind, because he can turn up whenever he chooses ,and none of us knows what direction he is headed in, he can and does have huge impact in a persons life, just like the wind can, it can cause waves in the sea,etc,..so, when we become Born Again of Gods seed, we have no idea when he decides to Baptise us in the Spirit ....and when he does it has a huge impact on us, because at Baptism we have received that new nature in Christ.

Unfortunately for some imo they wrongly interpret this scripture imo,I think they call it easy beleiveism...there is much more to being Born Again of imperishable seed than just belief, we must be Born Again ,our spirit is Born Again as we have no idea when the Holy Spirit will turn up or we don’t know where he goes...because he’s like the wind...that is my belief and testimony...

John 3​

King James Version​

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah that's true what Paul is saying, and the only way Christ is going to be in a person is if they kept the Commandments, statues and Judgements. Now one of those Commandments is the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week. Because the Sabbath day is part of that Commandment and there was no sin in Jesus and he kept and Paul, etc. In 1 Peter 2: 21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22 who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). You will not displease the Lord by: Worshipping other gods, having graven images, taking his name in vain, breaking his Sabbath day (which is Saturday not Sunday), or dishonoring your parents. On the other hand, if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not kill him, commit adultery with his spouse, steal from him, falsely accuse him, or covet anything of his. All have sinned (broken the law...Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law (I John 3:4) and the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).

So if you are going to have Christ in you, then you have to walk like Christ and follow his steps, not your own, and you have to keep the law, just like Jesus and the apostles.

When Jesus (the true Lamb of God) was sacrificed, he removed our past sins. If we accept Jesus as our sin offering, we are required to repent and get baptized IN THE NAME OF JESUS ("there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved..."(Acts 4: 12). To repent means to turn from our sinful ways and start obeying God's law. The water baptism signifies the washing away of our past sins. After repenting and being baptized in the name of Jesus it would be foolish for us to turn around and willingly break God's commandments. This is how the body become dead to sin, but if we make an honest mistake Jesus can help us, but if we sin willingly, look out! "...there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation..." (Hebrews 10:26-27).

We still must obey all of God's laws and statues of conduct, from the ten commandments to the least commandment. We cannot choose to obey one without obeying the others. For instance, if it's still good to pay tithes (as many preach), then it is still good to obey God's dietary law (not eating pork, catfish, etc...Leviticus 11:1-47). Similarly, you cannot purposely trip a blind person (Leviticus 19:14) and claim to love your neighbor as yourself. Neither can you break God's Sabbath days (Leviticus 19:30) and claim to love God with all your heart, soul and mind.

This is a response from your post, a process to be born again.
This puts us under law and not under grace. and if you are saying this is what we must do to be born again. No one will be born again.

Jesus fulfilled the law. Because we could not. Then he suffered the curse of the law we all deserve. so we could be set free from the curse of the law.

He does not then say go back to keep the law (which no one could keep to begin with) and keep something you can not keep

The law was given to lead us to Christ. After this,. we turn to the law of Love.

Jesus kept the law not because he was trying to keep the law. But he loved. As he said, in those two commands are all the law and prophets.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Another thing about being Born Again..you do not have to read a Bible in order for God to cause you to become Born Again of imperishable seed...as in when Spirit gives birth to spirit, that’s an act of God.

As soon as I was Born Again, I went straight out and bought a Bible, through Gods Living word we get to know him and as we have that new heart/ Spirit within..that is how we mature and grow in Christ...as the Holy Spirit witnesses to our spirit Gods truth..

We could live without the Bible as we have been Born Again of imperishable seed, therefore he lives in our heart for all of eternity...so we would never die in spirit, what we would do is never grow and mature in Christ...we need that living word the Bible to grow and mature in his Living word..and to know exactly what we are talking about as it’s the Spirit that leads us through scripture and brings Gods truth to our understanding.

Also there are thousands and thousands who have similar testimonies like mine....because God is a Spirit and like the wind you never know when he will turn up..and we never know where he goes or whose heart he’s about to enter through his Spirit .God cannot be contained he is everywhere and sees everything...Praise God.my testimony and belief.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azim

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This puts us under law and not under grace. and if you are saying this is what we must do to be born again. No one will be born again.

Jesus fulfilled the law. Because we could not. Then he suffered the curse of the law we all deserve. so we could be set free from the curse of the law.
What law are you referring to?

He does not then say go back to keep the law (which no one could keep to begin with) and keep something you can not keep

The law was given to lead us to Christ. After this,. we turn to the law of Love.

Jesus kept the law not because he was trying to keep the law. But he loved. As he said, in those two commands are all the law and prophets.
This does not make sense. I would like you to reply like I did last time with scriptures and verses. Because we all can talk and say what we think the Bible is saying or follow a doctrine given my man. Actually when people read the Bible on their own they find that there are things being taught that's not in there. Those that are true to God and themselves, will ask question.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus was explaining to Nicodemus about the wind, this is what he meant ,the Holy Spirit is like the wind, he is everywhere, you can’t see him and you don’t know where he is going,.

What this means to a Born Again is, the Holy Spirit is like the wind, because he can turn up whenever he chooses ,and none of us knows what direction he is headed in, he can and does have huge impact in a persons life, just like the wind can, it can cause waves in the sea,etc,..so, when we become Born Again of Gods seed, we have no idea when he decides to Baptise us in the Spirit ....and when he does it has a huge impact on us, because at Baptism we have received that new nature in Christ.

Unfortunately for some imo they wrongly interpret this scripture imo,I think they call it easy beleiveism...there is much more to being Born Again of imperishable seed than just belief, we must be Born Again ,our spirit is Born Again as we have no idea when the Holy Spirit will turn up or we don’t know where he goes...because he’s like the wind...that is my belief and testimony...

John 3​

King James Version​

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit
I don't know about you, but I know where my holy spirit is at all times. It's with me.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the bible says you are under law or under grace.

the law says you must be perfect

Grace says although you are not perfect. love found away (the cross)

This does not make sense. I would like you to reply like I did last time with scriptures and verses. Because we all can talk and say what we think the Bible is saying or follow a doctrine given my man. Actually when people read the Bible on their own they find that there are things being taught that's not in there. Those that are true to God and themselves, will ask question.
Salvation is by grace (unearned) or by the law

Sanctification (christian growth) is by following the law of Christ or the law of love..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know about you, but I know where my holy spirit is at all times. It's with me.
The Holy Spirit is where he says he is..in our hearts/Spirit and you need to be “ Born Again “ of imperishable seed for that to happen.
And he is not an “it” as you say.....” it’s with me” ..he should be in your heart/spirit...if you are Born Again.
Believing is not the same as being Born Again of imperishable seed.
Getting on ones knees to the tax man and believing in the serpent, saves no one from eternal damnation, we must be Born Again of imperishable seed?...and as Jesus explains to Nicodemus ,the very first part, that is how we are Born Again...getting on ones knees and looking up to the serpent in belief...is not being Born Again....I have been told it’s called “ Easy believism “....in other words it’s human belief....it’s not God given Faith, which is a manifestation of the Spirit...

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sanctification (christian growth) is by following the law of Christ or the law of love..
Sanctification comes after we are Born Again, then we have the Holy Spirit, Spirit gives birth to spirit..you can’t follow the law of Christ without the Holy Spirit leading us through God’s truth...you can’t follow the law of Christ, unless one is Born Again of imperishable seed.

How can we follow God’s law by reading it?...it has to be understood in the Spirit ?

We must receive his seed ( his Living word) into our hearts, the seed of Faith, which is a gift from God, a manifestation of the Spirit....Faith planted in our hearts is Alive as it’s Gods Living word, which is Gods word.we must be Born Again of imperishable seed?
How could the seed of God grow in Mary, if it wasn’t the Living word of God? His seed?

Last edited: