Why do we need born again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those that are true to God and themselves, will ask question.
Amen!!...that’s how we all learn..I had to learn this...I admit I thought I was a “ Know it all” and God showed me this.....I only know what “ I” believe the Holy Spirit has brought to my understanding..I can’t prove it’s Gods truth..

Unfortunately those who, are on there high pedestal of knowledge, the “ know it alls”,as I once was...trust me God will knock them off their own perch...just like he did this know it all..” ME”....I’m learning like everyone else...

Edit to add..I thank him for bringing me to that heart revelation...and for knocking me off my own perch....oh the puffed up pride and ego of some.....the know it alls...LOL.

Reactions: bro.tan

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is where he says he is..in our hearts/Spirit and you need to be “ Born Again “ of imperishable seed for that to happen.
And he is not an “it” as you say.....” it’s with me” ..he should be in your heart/spirit...if you are Born Again.
Believing is not the same as being Born Again of imperishable seed.
Getting on ones knees to the tax man and believing in the serpent, saves no one from eternal damnation, we must be Born Again of imperishable seed?...and as Jesus explains to Nicodemus ,the very first part, that is how we are Born Again...getting on ones knees and looking up to the serpent in belief...is not being Born Again....I have been told it’s called “ Easy believism “....in other words it’s human belief....it’s not God given Faith, which is a manifestation of the Spirit...
Translators capitalize “Spirit” and use “he” and “him” because of their theology. The Greek word “spirit” is neuter and the text could also be translated as “the spirit of truth” and paired with “which” and “it.” The New American Bible reads “which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it.” Capitalizing the “H” and “S” and using the English pronoun “He” is appropriate when God is being referred to as “the Holy Spirit.” However, when we see the “h” and “s” having the lower case such as "the holy spirit" and all the pronouns referring to that spirit being impersonal such as “it” and “which” is when the subject under discussion is the gift of God’s nature.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Translators capitalize “Spirit” and use “he” and “him” because of their theology. The Greek word “spirit” is neuter and the text could also be translated as “the spirit of truth” and paired with “which” and “it.” The New American Bible reads “which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it.” Capitalizing the “H” and “S” and using the English pronoun “He” is appropriate when God is being referred to as “the Holy Spirit.” However, when we see the “h” and “s” having the lower case such as "the holy spirit" and all the pronouns referring to that spirit being impersonal such as “it” and “which” is when the subject under discussion is the gift of God’s nature.
Don’t agree with any of this...sounds like manmade nonsense.with respect, no other way of saying it I’m afraid. You’ve just put your own spin on God’s word that is all.a Born Again knows when they have been baptised in the Spirit..it’s a mind blowing one time event.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t agree with any of this...sounds like manmade nonsense.with respect, no other way of saying it I’m afraid. You’ve just put your on spin on God’s word that is all.a Born Again knows when they have been baptised in the Spirit..it’s a mind blowing one time event.
The words “HOLY SPIRIT” in the Bible are primarily used in two very different ways: One way is to refer to God Himself and the other is referring to God’s nature that He gives to people. God is holy and is spirit and therefore “the Holy Spirit” with a capital “H” and a capital “S” is one of the many “names” or designations for God. God gives His holy spirit nature to people as a gift and when HOLY SPIRIT is used that way it should be translated as the “holy spirit” with a lowercase “h” and a lowercase “s.” The Bible says there is one God, and one Lord, who is the man Jesus Christ; and one gift of the holy spirit. Most Christians are aware that the original manuscripts of the Bible were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. However, it's not well known that Hebrew and Aramaic do not have upper-case and lower-case letters, but rather they just have one form for their letters.

Greek does have upper and lower-case letters, but the early Greek manuscripts were all written with only upper-case letters. Therefore, the early manuscripts had no such thing as the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because what was always written was the "HOLY SPIRIT." The capital or lower-case letters are always a translator’s interpretation whenever we read “Holy Spirit” or “holy spirit” or “Spirit” or “spirit” in the English Bible. The difference is usually due to the theology of the translator. The bottom line is we cannot know from the Hebrew or Greek texts whether the Author meant the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because we must decide based on the context and scope of Scripture whether the reference being made is to God or God’s gift.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The words “HOLY SPIRIT” in the Bible are primarily used in two very different ways: One way is to refer to God Himself and the other is referring to God’s nature that He gives to people. God is holy and is spirit and therefore “the Holy Spirit” with a capital “H” and a capital “S” is one of the many “names” or designations for God. God gives His holy spirit nature to people as a gift and when HOLY SPIRIT is used that way it should be translated as the “holy spirit” with a lowercase “h” and a lowercase “s.” The Bible says there is one God, and one Lord, who is the man Jesus Christ; and one gift of the holy spirit. Most Christians are aware that the original manuscripts of the Bible were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. However, it's not well known that Hebrew and Aramaic do not have upper-case and lower-case letters, but rather they just have one form for their letters.

Greek does have upper and lower-case letters, but the early Greek manuscripts were all written with only upper-case letters. Therefore, the early manuscripts had no such thing as the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because what was always written was the "HOLY SPIRIT." The capital or lower-case letters are always a translator’s interpretation whenever we read “Holy Spirit” or “holy spirit” or “Spirit” or “spirit” in the English Bible. The difference is usually due to the theology of the translator. The bottom line is we cannot know from the Hebrew or Greek texts whether the Author meant the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because we must decide based on the context and scope of Scripture whether the reference being made is to God or God’s gift.
As I just replied man made nonsense I’m afraid....we don’t need a religious lecture,or Bible reading ..for one to become Born Again...we only need God for that act..

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I just replied man made nonsense I’m afraid....we don’t need a religious lecture,or Bible reading ..for one to become Born Again...we only need God for that act..
Anybody can get born again if they can do Romans 10:9. I'm referring to the spirit which you mentioned.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody can get born again if they can do Romans 10:9. I'm referring to the spirit which you mentioned.

Jesus explains to Nicodemus how we become Born Again.​

A Born Again understands this scripture perfectly and nothing more is needed...Jesus explains it well.​

...God is the initiator and God does it all...the process of him drawing us to Jesus etc,etc, and Spirit gives birth to spirit...he does it all.... we are just the vessel that God uses to bring us to his Son , then like the wind, who we can’t see or know where it comes from.or where it’s going.so it is everyone who is Born of the Spirit as he explains to Nicodemus.
John 3

King James Version​

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus explains to Nicodemus how we become Born Again.​

A Born Again understands this scripture perfectly and nothing more is needed...Jesus explains it well.​

...God is the initiator and God does it all...the process of him drawing us to Jesus etc,etc, and Spirit gives birth to spirit...he does it all.... we are just the vessel that God uses to bring us to his Son , then like the wind, who we can’t see or know where it comes from.or where it’s going.so it is everyone who is Born of the Spirit as he explains to Nicodemus.
John 3

King James Version​

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Oh now I remember why I replied to this. You said the spirit wonders around and I said mine stays with me.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh now I remember why I replied to this. You said the spirit wonders around and I said mine stays with me.
I said no such thing....I said he is like the wind, you can’t see where he is or where he is going and the huge impact he will have on a person when Spirit gives birth to spirit....the wind is just like that..can you see it?....can you see the destruction it can cause?...we certainly can.

Very easy to understand what Jesus was explaining to Nicodemus on how we become Born Again.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said no such thing....I said he is like the wind, you can’t see where he is or where he is going and the huge impact he will have on a person when Spirit gives birth to spirit....the wind is just like that..can you see it?....can you see the destruction it can cause?...we certainly can.

Very easy to understand what Jesus was explaining to Nicodemus on how we become Born Again.
I can see the spirit is like the wind in that you cannot see it. But mine (once I have it) is not blowing around I guess was my point. And I too refer to it as he when I call it the spirit of Christ since it appears to be tied so close to him.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can see the spirit is like the wind in that you cannot see it. But mine (once I have it) is not blowing around I guess was my point. And I too refer to it as he when I call it the spirit of Christ since it appears to be tied so close to him.
I have been Born Again of imperishable seed..in other words the Living word of God His seed was planted in me by God, when he made me Born Again..I received the gift of Faith to believe in God..the gift of Faith is a manifestation of the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit lives in my heart/spirit...never ever to leave my heart / spirit.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been Born Again of imperishable seed..in other words the Living word of God His seed was planted in me by God, when he made me Born Again..I received the gift of Faith to believe in God..the gift of Faith is a manifestation of the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit lives in my heart/spirit...never ever to leave my heart / spirit.
I just wrote on the manifestation of faith. I will give it to you...

We are taught "to be in the spirit" means to walk upright in our flesh or to have our flesh in fellowship with God. So we read right over the many verses such as Peter and John were filled with the spirit. Or "that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. Romans talks about no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus. Christians everywhere do not seem to understand the words "in him" or "in Christ" or "filled with the spirit." We can't see ourselves walking by the spirit because we are taught that the operations of the spirit are things we operate through our flesh. They are not the manifestations of you. They are of the spirit. We are also taught that we are sinners and this is another reason why we can't see the spirit as long as we see ourselves as a piece of trash. To see it we have to see ourselves as the righteousness of God in him.

I live by the faith of the Son of God...

If Paul in Galatians 2:20 says he's crucified in the flesh. But he still lives, but not him, but Christ. Then I gotta think he's referring to the Christ within. The new nature. And that is the spirit of Christ. Which we can shorten to spirit. Then it's the faith from the spirit. Well, one of the operations or manifestations of the spirit is faith.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just wrote on the manifestation of faith. I will give it to you...

We are taught "to be in the spirit" means to walk upright in our flesh or to have our flesh in fellowship with God. So we read right over the many verses such as Peter and John were filled with the spirit. Or "that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. Romans talks about no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus. Christians everywhere do not seem to understand the words "in him" or "in Christ" or "filled with the spirit." We can't see ourselves walking by the spirit because we are taught that the operations of the spirit are things we operate through our flesh. They are not the manifestations of you. They are of the spirit. We are also taught that we are sinners and this is another reason why we can't see the spirit as long as we see ourselves as a piece of trash. To see it we have to see ourselves as the righteousness of God in him.

I live by the faith of the Son of God...

If Paul in Galatians 2:20 says he's crucified in the flesh. But he still lives, but not him, but Christ. Then I gotta think he's referring to the Christ within. The new nature. And that is the spirit of Christ. Which we can shorten to spirit. Then it's the faith from the spirit. Well, one of the operations or manifestations of the spirit is faith.
You don’t need to give me the manifestation of faith information ...I already received the gift of Faith ,which is a manifestation of the Spirit...very simple to understand...as long as one is Born Again of imperishable seed.

God is the deliverer of Faith not your head Knowledge....Faith is a spiritual gift from God...it’s not something you read, as you seem to be doing..it’s revelation to the heart are you aware of that?
Do you know what heart revelation means?

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, I’m still asking God to help me figure out this dead spirit business.

I thought I had come to Gods truth of that knowledge, I haven’t.

When you say spiritually dead, that means we are dead in our own living human spirit ?....our spirit lives in darkness and sin?

Our own spirit lives..but, it doesn’t live in Christ....it lives in sin?....therefore void of Gods Living word?...our own human spirit is alienated from Gods Living word, his Holy Spirit?
I'll give you my understanding... I think it passes the common sense test.

Where Jesus refers to people who are "dead" (though they are clearly literally alive in the plain sense), this is a reference to the OT prophets referring to the nation of Israel as "dead" and "cut off" and "dry bones" and "not my people."

Since they are cut off from the covenant and promises of God (metaphorically dead), what they require in order to be restored is an adoption. "Born again" refers to adoption... to be re-born is to gain new parents, and become part of a new nation. Basically, the fulfillment of this:

It shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God. (Hosea 1:10)

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t need to give me the manifestation of faith information ...I already received the gift of Faith ,which is a manifestation of the Spirit...very simple to understand...as long as one is Born Again of imperishable seed.

God is the deliverer of Faith not your head Knowledge....Faith is a spiritual gift from God...it’s not something you read, as you seem to be doing..it’s revelation to the heart are you aware of that?
Do you know what heart revelation means?
It appears we go to different churches. My teachers do not call an operation or a manifestation a gift like if only certain people have it. Also whenever you mention Scripture it's the Word of God. Whenever I mention Scripture it's my head knowledge or my opinion.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It appears we go to different churches. My teachers do not call an operation or a manifestation a gift like if only certain people have it. Also whenever you mention Scripture it's the Word of God. Whenever I mention Scripture it's my head knowledge or my opinion.
The gift of Faith is a manifestation of the Spirit?
Biblical.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where Jesus refers to people who are "dead" (though they are clearly literally alive in the plain sense), this is a reference to the OT prophets referring to the nation of Israel as "dead" and "cut off" and "dry bones" and "not my people."
Scripture refers to them being spiritually dead,Brother, he doesn’t say they are dead..I understand what you mean when you say in the plain sense...they are Alive in themselves....but they have no life of the Spirit in them, so , their spirit isn’t dead in themselves...it’s dead/ void of Gods Spirit he needs to bring their spirit from death to life.
I mean if their spirit was completely dead..the wouldn’t be alive would they?.as in themselves, if that makes sense.
As Gods word says, the spirit goes back to God..so if they died in their own spirit they would return to God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can buy that as long as all Christians have these manifestations.
What do you mean..you don’t have a say in who God gives his gifts to...?

God is the one who hands out the gifts ..we have no say in the matter.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean..you don’t have a say in who God gives his gifts to...?

God is the one who hands out the gifts ..we have no say in the matter.
They are the operations or manifestations of the spirit. They are not gifts or special gifts for certain people.