Why do we need born again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They are the operations or manifestations of the spirit. They are not gifts or special gifts for certain people.
They are exactly what God says they are....not what you say they are, you’ve just added your opinion to Gods word...They are gifts given by God to his people as his word says..

I’m a faithful member of Jesus Church..I received the gift of Faith from day one and my Faith gets stronger and stronger..

In 1 Corinthians 12–14 Paul taught that there are divers spiritual gifts that can be granted to faithful members of the Church. These gifts enable Christ's followers to serve and edify others, thereby creating greater unity in the Church.

1 Corinthians 12-14​

King James Version​

12 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are exactly what God says they are....not what you say they are, you’ve just added your opinion to Gods word...They are gifts given by God to his people as his word says..

I’m a faithful member of Jesus Church..I received the gift of Faith from day one and my Faith gets stronger and stronger..

In 1 Corinthians 12–14 Paul taught that there are divers spiritual gifts that can be granted to faithful members of the Church. These gifts enable Christ's followers to serve and edify others, thereby creating greater unity in the Church.

1 Corinthians 12-14​

King James Version​

2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
He's talking about gifts until he gets to verse 7. Then he starts talking about the manifestations. Every time I say something that you don't understand it becomes my opinion. And every time you say something even if it's not right with the Bible it becomes God's Word. In verse 7 he says BUT. But means in contrast to that.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture refers to them being spiritually dead,Brother, he doesn’t say they are dead..

In Matthew 8:22 Jesus says, "Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." But we infer and read like...

Follow me; and let the [spiritually] dead bury their [literally] dead.

or possibly:

Follow me; and let the [metaphorically] dead bury their [literally] dead.

Personally, I'd like to see it translated like this... :)

Follow me, and let the zombies bury their corpses.

I understand what you mean when you say in the plain sense...they are Alive in themselves....but they have no life of the Spirit in them, so , their spirit isn’t dead in themselves...it’s dead/ void of Gods Spirit he needs to bring their spirit from death to life. I mean if their spirit was completely dead..the wouldn’t be alive would they?.as in themselves, if that makes sense. As Gods word says, the spirit goes back to God..so if they died in their own spirit they would return to God.
Yep. A body without a spirit is literally dead. So "spiritually dead" must mean something a little different.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He's talking about gifts until he gets to verse 7. Then he starts talking about the manifestations. Every time I say something that you don't understand it becomes my opinion. And every time you say something even if it's not right with the Bible it becomes God's Word. In verse 7 he says BUT. But means in contrast to that.
Disagree with your interpretation of that scripture.
You voice an opinion no more no less...I’m in disagreement of what your opinion is of Gods word...sorry if it hurts...‘‘tis your understanding of that scripture as my understanding of that scripture 100% disagrees with yours .and every time you, speak of your own accord I will pick you up on it...like you’re doing now.
I was given Faith from God when I became Born Again as his word says a manifestation of the Spirit....which manifests itself in the heart..I’m surprised you don’t understand that.

Faith is the manifestation of the Spirit in the Born Again child heart/spirit...make no mistake about it....an amazing God given gift, Faith that can move mountains I have.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In Matthew 8:22 Jesus says, "Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." But we infer and read like...

or possibly:

Yep. A body without a spirit is literally dead. So "spiritually dead" must mean something a little different.
Amen.Brother.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree with your interpretation of that scripture.
You voice an opinion no more no less...I’m in disagreement of what your opinion is of Gods word...sorry if it hurts...‘‘tis your understanding of that scripture as my understanding of that scripture 100% disagrees with yours .and every time you, speak of your own accord I will pick you up on it...like you’re doing now.
I was given Faith from God when I became Born Again as his word says a manifestation of the Spirit....which manifests itself in the heart..I’m surprised you don’t understand that.

Faith is the manifestation of the Spirit in the Born Again child heart/spirit...make no mistake about it....an amazing God given gift, Faith that can move mountains I have.
It does not hurt me that you do not see the Scriptures as I do since I know that I'm right.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It does not hurt me that you do not see the Scriptures as I do since I know that I'm right.
It ain’t you that is right....that I’m afraid is of self...and what you have just said says a lot about you.

I have posted what I believe was revealed to my heart, it’s called heart revelation , Gods Living word...only God is right....and we learn Gods word through “ heart revelation “ which is wonderful....

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It ain’t you that is right....that I’m afraid is of self...and what you have just said says a lot about you.

I have posted what I believe was revealed to my heart, it’s called heart revelation , Gods Living word...only God is right....and we learn Gods word through “ heart revelation “ which is wonderful....
I'm an expert in understanding the New Testament and am very aware how to read it and can put most if not all of it together. And I have never heart about anything like heart revelation.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm an expert in understanding the New Testament and am very aware how to read it and can put most if not all of it together. And I have never heart about anything like heart revelation.
Sorry, you;are no expert whatsoever..only God is the expert.

You’ve never heard of heart revelation...so, the Holy Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children, what’s that if it’s not “ heart revelation “...Spirit gives birth to spirit “..heart revelation.
How on earth would you know you are Born Again without God revealing that to your spirit?

You just said you are the expert at reading scripture....God says we are led by the Holy Spirit..how could you understand scripture without the Spirit to lead you through his word and bring you to the understanding of God’s truth?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, you;are no expert whatsoever..only God is the expert.

You’ve never heard of heart revelation...so, the Holy Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children, what’s that if it’s not “ heart revelation “...Spirit gives birth to spirit “..heart revelation.
How on earth would you know you are Born Again without God revealing that to your spirit?
My only point is God is not giving anyone special gifts when referred to the operations of the spirit. All have the operations of the spirit if they have the spirit.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

or possibly:

Yet our physical bodies were alive before we were born agin when we were spiritually dead.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My only point is God is not giving anyone special gifts when referred to the operations of the spirit. All have the operations of the spirit if they have the spirit.
No...I don’t agree as his word says, I’ve already shown you the scripture...Faith is a gift of the Spirit a manifestation of the Spirit into a Born Agains heart/ spirit...as are his other gifts that he distributes...
“Diversities” means distributions, distinctions, allotments, apportionments. The word suggests a separation of something already joined together. God distributes gifts in many varieties. No one gets all the “gifts” for there are different kinds for different people.

1 Corinthians 12-14​

King James Version​

Last edited:

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet our physical bodies were alive before we were born again when we were spiritually dead.
"Spiritually dead" is a weird phrase. It's confusing... I don't think everyone here means the same thing when they say it.

One thing is certain. It doesn't mean that you're a body without a spirit in it. That's the literal kind of death.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Spiritually dead" is a weird phrase. It's confusing... I don't think everyone here means the same thing when they say it.

One thing is certain. It doesn't mean that you're a body without a spirit in it. That's the literal kind of death.
I always saw it this way.

Physical death is where the spirit is separated from the body

Spiritual death is where the spirit is separated from God.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the bible says you are under law or under grace.

the law says you must be perfect

Grace says although you are not perfect. love found away (the cross)

Salvation is by grace (unearned) or by the law

Sanctification (christian growth) is by following the law of Christ or the law of love..
That's not exactly what the Bible is teaching or saying, but thank you for explaining your understanding. Now at this point I go into a teaching or edifying stage, because I see there a lot that you either do not know or understand. In the scriptures it's written in Isaiah 28: 9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: Paul says in (2Tim. 2:15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, (not man) a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. You must rightfully divide the word of God, you must find out where every thing fits because fit it does.

One thing I will say is that you must read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation often, you not going to understand it all but it will help you. I have read it maybe about five or six times and I still need to continue reading. But I read pretty much everyday. When Isaiah says for precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little. Meaning the whole Bible works together, almost like a puzzle, from Genesis to Revelation. There more then one law Paul talks about, but let's get into that another time. Let's focus on grace and understand what Jesus did and why.

Jesus brought grace when he came in the flesh, but example of grace was in the days of Noah. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. (Genesis 6:8), And Noah and his family was saved. Now Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2 :36-38). And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past.

We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis.

Because for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 23:3), and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrew 10: 26, 27)

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not exactly what the Bible is teaching or saying, but thank you for explaining your understanding. Now at this point I go into a teaching or edifying stage, because I see there a lot that you either do not know or understand. In the scriptures it's written in Isaiah 28: 9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: Paul says in (2Tim. 2:15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, (not man) a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. You must rightfully divide the word of God, you must find out where every thing fits because fit it does.

One thing I will say is that you must read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation often, you not going to understand it all but it will help you. I have read it maybe about five or six times and I still need to continue reading. But I read pretty much everyday. When Isaiah says for precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little. Meaning the whole Bible works together, almost like a puzzle, from Genesis to Revelation. There more then one law Paul talks about, but let's get into that another time. Let's focus on grace and understand what Jesus did and why.

Jesus brought grace when he came in the flesh, but example of grace was in the days of Noah. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. (Genesis 6:8), And Noah and his family was saved. Now Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2 :36-38). And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past.

We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis.

Because for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 23:3), and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrew 10: 26, 27)
Same old nonsense about Original Sin. No, we don't die physically or spiritually because of Adam. We die physically because that is the way we were created. We die spiritually because we sin.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

lol

You continue to earn your way to heaven

I will continue to trust God to keep his promise based on the cross.

Just remember, Many in that day will come to Jesus professing all their good works in his name. And he will say depart for he never knew you

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same old nonsense about Original Sin. No, we don't die physically or spiritually because of Adam. We die physically because that is the way we were created. We die spiritually because we sin.
Physical death is a result of sin.. There would have been no physical death if Adam did not sin.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Physical death is a result of sin.. There would have been no physical death if Adam did not sin.
That is not true. Physical death was an integral part of the creation. One of the trees in the garden was the Tree of Life. The fruit from that tree prevented Adam and Eve from dying. That is the reason that Adam and Ever were ejected from the Garden and a guard was placed there to keep anyone from entering.

Gen 3:22 Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever--"

If death was not inherent in the creation, there would have been no need at all for the Tree of Life in the Garden.

Actually, there is nothing physical that was created to last forever. Everything in the entire universe is subject in one way or another to come to some sort of ending.