Why do we use the screen names that we do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On CF I started off as lily00. I originally went on there for recovery support. While lily is one of my favorite flowers, I didn't capitalize my name and added the zeroes purposefully, because that is how I felt about myself. Over time I started seeing it at as a James Bond thing. Lol. But when I joined over here, I chose Mayflower, because I love flowery names, it is the name of my level 95 hobbit on LOTRO (lol havent been on there in ages), and capitalized like it should be. Mayflower was taken at CF, so I just added a 1 to it. Mayflower numero uno. :D I changed it after many years as lily00. But it is also one of the first ships to come to America also. The first colony of Roanoke. Pilgrims came to flee religious persecution from England. They were pursuing God!!!

I havent got to change it on Worthy since I just got back there, but I am not on there an awful lot.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How fun,...we should all change our avatar name then let the others guess who we used to be! LOL

Better yet, maybe we can all appropriate each other's site names and then start doing impersonations...

I bet I could do you. On ridiculous threads, I'd just use one of my favorite quotes from you:

"What a load of codswallop!" LoL!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How fun,...we should all change our avatar name then let the others guess who we used to be! LOL
Not really fun for me. I get embarrassed often enough when I lose track of people because they have changed their names. I guess it is a sign of age but I get confused enough without people switching to a whole new designation that would definitely lose me.

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus- Interesting OP!

I chose the Forum name "Taken", because I Trust the Lord has Already "Taken" me in his arms, and MADE me Whole, as He does for any child who Heartfully comes to Him.

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear that John. You are brave and smart to be ABLE to do anything like that...Dave and I can't, we are pathetic.

Hope all is well now?
Well the desktop computer is out. After struggling to fix the thing I remembered that it should still be covered under warranty. It is. They cannot see me about it until next Tuesday, but at least I know that no matter how serious it is, it is covered. In the interim I am on this laptop which I never really liked even when it was new. But I'll manage. I learned to do some things on computers before my brain was completely fried. In those areas I still can but the stress tells on me immediately. My wife will quickly get after me to stop because I'll soon start to shake. All of the parts are wearing out... no I am not talking about the computer.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well the desktop computer is out. After struggling to fix the thing I remembered that it should still be covered under warranty. It is. They cannot see me about it until next Tuesday, but at least I know that no matter how serious it is, it is covered. In the interim I am on this laptop which I never really liked even when it was new. But I'll manage. I learned to do some things on computers before my brain was completely fried. In those areas I still can but the stress tells on me immediately. My wife will quickly get after me to stop because I'll soon start to shake. All of the parts are wearing out... no I am not talking about the computer.
We'll just have to call you a mover and a shaker amadeus :)

I know that frustrating wasting feeling. Today, I'm into town (120 klm's distant) to pick up my half dead computer. They notified me of getting it going but added they couldn't source parts to remedy other issues. Looks like a partial burial will be taking place shortly.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We'll just have to call you a mover and a shaker amadeus :)

I know that frustrating wasting feeling. Today, I'm into town (120 klm's distant) to pick up my half dead computer. They notified me of getting it going but added they couldn't source parts to remedy other issues. Looks like a partial burial will be taking place shortly.
Mover and shaker? That's me for certain. Sorry about your computer. I hope it's not a contagious thing that every one else's computer on CB is going to catch...LOL

Perhaps we'll be the first ones banned here for bringing aboard sick computers...:D

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have belonged to many Christian forums over the years. My very first forum was one of the subcategories of Yahoo Groups. The format was poor and eventually as more and better places became available it fizzled... Technically I guess I still belong to it although I would have to search to find it... I have never quit a forum so I am a member of many of them, but only regularly visit a couple of them including this one.
Glad you do Amadeus.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mover and shaker? That's me for certain. Sorry about your computer. I hope it's not a contagious thing that every one else's computer on CB is going to catch...LOL

Perhaps we'll be the first ones banned here for bringing aboard sick computers...:D

Do sick computers throw up?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To too am a member on many forums...half of them I can't remember...many have 'died'.

I believe that I have always used "Helen" because that is my name! :D
On a few of them, this one included, I used a screen name 'ByGrace' only because at that time no one seemed to use their own names..and if I used Helen I would be the odd man out. After a while...when a few on here like Nancy Scott Willie etc used their own names I asked Iforrest to change my name from 'ByGrace' to my own name.

My very first forum was UKCW ( UK christian Web) I believe it was the late '90's ....I forget. It was a great forum run by a guy named Trevor...I hated it when he got too busy after he married to keep it, and he let it go. On there I met many that I still know today...
You were on there too weren't you @amadeus ? @Mike Waters ,
was, and @Giuliano ...

Just a thought. How can you be the odd man out if your name is Helen?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Fried brains used to be a popular meal in the UK.

Reactions: amadeus