Why do you feel it is so hard to be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though if someone is teach be bad the grace may be exceedingly grace, then that’s just stupidity speaking.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is not stupid....He is not telling you to do something that is impossible....what would be the benefit of that?

that what is impossible with men, is possible with God?

Hate your mother and father to be His disciple....what would be the benefit of that?

May sound stupid but maybe he means unless you hate all those things you can’t be His disciple, learning(taught) a better way in blessing not only when it is easy but when it is impossible. Blessing not only those you love but also those you hate. Isn’t that what being a disciple is? A student?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also. All these individuals that were casting in these large sums of money into the treasury, and this little poor widow comes along and cast in her entire living. Is this good?? I don’t believe so. As I believe good is only a matter of perspective.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with this as a whole....but we are not going to be perfect....not going to happen.

I get that because unless I’ve misunderstood perfect would be blessing when it is impossible. Like when He does that for us while we were yet dead in our sin and trespasses.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that what is impossible with men, is possible with God?

May sound stupid but maybe he means unless you hate all those things you can’t be His disciple, learning(taught) a better way in blessing not only when it is easy but when it is impossible. Blessing not only those you love but also those you hate. Isn’t that what being a disciple is? A student?

There are several speculative explanations for this. The best I have heard is that Christ was having problems getting disciples and there are scriptures telling of the excuses they were giving....pertaining to their family. This many have been a statement of exasperation.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Personal beliefs on how to observe Sunday...the Lord's Day, I have no issues with.
Whether Sunday is a Sabbath is debatable.
For me I am not a Jew and Judaism is not my religion.
The Mosaic Law demanded the death penalty for incorrect observances of the Sabbath. The Sabbath was Saturday and it could not be moved.
Death is still the wages of transgression against God's laws... Whether Jew or not. And yes, Sunday is not the Sabbath. I want writing about the Sabbath in connection to Sunday, but the 7th day.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfect really has nothing to do with Him giving his life.
God so loved the world....that has something to do with Him giving His life.

really truly? What do you mean …is the Son (the Firstborn of many brethren) not perfect as the Father which is in Heaven is perfect? Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I mean to say of course you’re gonna give yourself an A + on the report card, fact is you possibly aren’t the only one keeping score.
My work.. My doing good is directly in proportion to my surrender to the holy Spirit who gives me the mind of Christ. It effectively them becomes His responsibility to make as He wills, and it is His report card that gets the A+.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Death is still the wages of transgression against God's laws... Whether Jew or not. And yes, Sunday is not the Sabbath. I want writing about the Sabbath in connection to Sunday, but the 7th day.
So would you say those observing Saturday as the Sabbath are doing good?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So would you say those observing Saturday as the Sabbath are doing good?

Are you talking about Christians?
Talking about Christians that observe the Lord's Day on Saturday....we can observe the Lord's Day anytime or everyday.
But if you are doing it to try to adhere to Jewish Law.....it would probably be better to concert to Judaism.