Why do you feel it is so hard to be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such a simple thing. As Christians we should set the example for the world. Not adapt to the morals of the world. Being good and doing good, that should not be such a difficult thing to understand. Being good and doing good is the theme of the New Testament.

We have people on here that want to take all that is good and run it through the mud. The very Grace that Christ died for, they want it to serve sin. The gospel of sin they preach is a horror!

This is a new belief that is tied to the attempt to adjust Christian morals to that of society.

Christ and the Apostles did not live a life of sin, they did not suggest Heaven as a reward for sinning. Do not be fooled by their lies! Here are some scriptures that prove I am right.

Take up the Bible and read. Does the Bible suggest that Christians should be good and do good…or does it say that sinning is just A OK! And will be rewarded in Heaven. Look for the truth. Do not be fooled!

Matthew 5:13-16 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.

Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Ephesians 6:8 Knowing that whatever good anyone does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free.

James 4:17 So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.

1st Peter 1:15 but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;

1st timothy 4:12 Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.

Hebrews 13:7 Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith.

Pleasing God....Christ

1st John 3:22 And whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.

Hebrews 13:16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

2nd Corinthians 5:9 So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.

John 8:29 And he who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to him.

1st Thessalians 4:1 Finally, then, brothers, we ask and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God, just as you are doing, that you do so more and more.

2nd Thessalians 2:4 But just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.

Ephesians 5:8-10 For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.

Hebrews 13:15-16 Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Colossians 1:10 So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.

1st Timothy 5:3-5 Honor widows who are truly widows. But if a widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show godliness to their own household and to make some return to their parents, for this is pleasing in the sight of God. She who is truly a widow, left all alone, has set her hope on God and continues in supplications and prayers night and day,

As far as being good and doing good.....that is not what saves you....but if you are thinking that heaven is going to be like Hotel California, you are wrong. You can in fact sin your way to hell. And doing good is not what gets you to heaven but not doing good can get you hell. Read the ending of the Sheep and the Goats.

This is not rocket science. God makes sense. What Christ teaches us makes sense. Christianity is not a religion of non-sense.

Charity

2nd Corinthians 9:7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Acts 20:35 In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Luke 21:1-4 As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. “Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.

1st John 3:17 If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?

Matthew 25:40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Matthew 25:45-46 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ 46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

2nd Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.

Jeremiah 17:19 “I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

Here again we see that Heaven is not for those that sin and do not obey Christ. They will be judged to Hell….and as you can see eternal life is for the righteous.

Luke 6:46 “And why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?

The truth is a very simple thing. Easy to understand and it makes sense.
Be good and do good....the very best you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And then he added, “It is what comes from inside that defiles you. For from within, out of a person’s heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7:20-23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

it’s important to look at whatever sin it is your talking about, @Grailhunter would you think so too?

the sin unbelief is the greatest sin because it is faithless. You can live a nearly sinless life but you won’t be sinless. Nearly and be perfectly sinless are two different things if you are striving to let Christ and the spirit dwell in you being mature in the spirit I would suggest that is a good things but it’s all from God and it’s not something any of us can take credit for other wise you boast in oneself rather than in Lord who delivered you from your bondage of sins.

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone in here suggest that you should hate people? Or that should lie to another person? Or that they should be greedy? Or that you should hate other people? Or that is good to prideful and haughty over others? Or that you should go out and commit wicked crimes? Or that you should go murder others?

I don’t believe anyone here has done any of those things.

I can tell you though that I’ve broken all the commandments.

“Listen to me, dear brothers and sisters. Hasn’t God chosen the poor in this world to be rich in faith?

Aren’t they the ones who will inherit the Kingdom he promised to those who love him? But you dishonor the poor! Isn’t it the rich who oppress you and drag you into court?

Aren’t they the ones who slander Jesus Christ, whose noble name you bear? Yes indeed, it is good when you obey the royal law as found in the Scriptures:

“Love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you favor some people over others, you are committing a sin.

You are guilty of breaking the law. For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws.

For the same God who said, “You must not commit adultery,” also said, “You must not murder.”

So if you murder someone but do not commit adultery, you have still broken the law. So whatever you say or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law that sets you free.

There will be no mercy for those who have not shown mercy to others. But if you have been merciful, God will be merciful when he judges you.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:5-13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We agree more than you think we do.........Works SHOULD follow.....Given time, they WILL follow....my point is they do not HAVE to follow.
I understand your point. We agree that works play no part in God imputing righteousness to a person. That happens entirely by faith in God's forgiveness apart from the merit of works.

The part you are not understanding is if the person who says they have had God's righteousness imputed to them does not have works he is showing he either never had righteousness imputed to him through faith (he's a fake believer), or, he has stopped believing and has turned away from God in unbelief (he's an ex-believer). Either way, that person is an unsaved unbeliever.

If they do not repent before Jesus comes back they will not enter into the kingdom with Christ. Hyper Grace OSAS says that's not true for the ex-believer. It insists they are still saved (even though they are an unbeliever) because salvation is not by works. Hyper Grace theology ignores the Biblical truth that if they really were saved they wouldn't be living in sin and unbelief. They might well be struggling with sin, but they will not, and can not willingly live in it because they are born again...

"Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." 1 John 3:9

So we can see that the person who is willingly living in sin is not a believer, because a genuinely born again person doesn't purposely live in sin. He can't because he's born again! They will have to go back to unbelief to purposely live in sin again. And so willingly living in sin is the sign of unbelief. They will not be saved when Jesus returns. Unless they repent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Every one who is believing that Jesus is the Christ, of God he hath been begotten, and every one who is loving Him who did beget, doth love also him who is begotten of Him: in this we know that we love the children of God, when we may love God, and His commands may keep; for this is the love of God, that His commands we may keep, and His commands are not burdensome; because every one who is begotten of God doth overcome the world, and this is the victory that did overcome the world — our faith; who is he who is overcoming the world, if not he who is believing that Jesus is the Son of God?

This one is he who did come through water and blood — Jesus the Christ, not in the water only, but in the water and the blood; and the Spirit it is that is testifying, because the Spirit is the truth, because three are who are testifying [in the heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these — the three — are one; and three are who are testifying in the earth], the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are into the one.

If the testimony of men we receive, the testimony of God is greater, because this is the testimony of God that He hath testified concerning His Son.

He who is believing in the Son of God, hath the testimony in himself; he who is not believing God, a liar hath made Him, because he hath not believed in the testimony that God hath testified concerning His Son; and this is the testimony, that life age-during did God give to us, and this — the life — is in His Son; he who is having the Son, hath the life; he who is not having the Son of God — the life he hath not.

These things I did write to you who are believing in the name of the Son of God, that ye may know that life ye have age-during, and that ye may believe in the name of the Son of God.

And this is the boldness that we have toward Him, that if anything we may ask according to his will, He doth hear us, and if we have known that He doth hear us, whatever we may ask, we have known that we have the requests that we have requested from Him.

If any one may see his brother sinning a sin not unto death, he shall ask, and He shall give to him life to those sinning not unto death; there is sin to death, not concerning it do I speak that he may beseech; all unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not unto death.

We have known that every one who hath been begotten of God doth not sin, but he who was begotten of God doth keep himself, and the evil one doth not touch him; we have known that of God we are, and the whole world in the evil doth lie; and we have known that the Son of God is come, and hath given us a mind, that we may know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ; this one is the true God and the life age-during!

Little children, guard yourselves from the idols! Amen.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:1-21‬ ‭YLT98‬‬
1 John 5:1-21 Every one who is believing that Jesus is the Christ, of God he hath been begotten, and every one who is loving Him who did beget, doth love also him who is begotten of Him: in this we know that we lov | Young's Literal Translation 1898 (YLT98) | Download The Bible App Now

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repent first? How could the fallen man, who is described as dead, be able to hear, understand, much more, repent, unless he first be is quickened, that is, enabled to hear and understand the things of the Spirit of God, which in his state, are foolishness?

As I always say in my other posts, salvation is of God, by God, and by grace, through faith in Him whom He sent, Jesus Christ.

Tong
R4424

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. So, of course, they will receive the measure of faith needed by the Father to Repent. Peter gives them the Word, and it was at the end of His sermon that he told them to repent.

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. 15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in heaven above
And signs in the earth beneath:
Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
21 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Shall be saved.’

22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 24 whom God raised up, having gloosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. 25 For David says concerning Him:

‘I foresaw the Lord always before my face,
For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken.
26 Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad;
Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope.
27 For You will not leave my soul in Hades,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the ways of life;
You will make me full of joy in Your presence.’

29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

34 “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:

‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ’

36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

Now they must act on this Word of God from Peter to receive the Holy Spirit. The Spirit gives them an unquenchable thirst to learn more and more and to love and serve Christ. And Jesus said, "If you love me, keep My commandments which boil down to 1 John 3:23-24.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@1stCenturyLady

I just read this

“As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. So Matthew got up and followed him. Later, Matthew invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners. But when the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with such scum?” When Jesus heard this, he said, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do.” Then he added, “Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.’ For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭9:9-13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

What are your thoughts on what Jesus said?

Instead of just learning about Jesus in the written Word, Jesus, the Word of God, sat with them and they got to know Him first hand. Even the disciples of John the Baptist who became disciples of Christ had to get to know Him and WALK with Him. As you know they were still carnal until the Day of Pentecost, but the Holy Spirit was drawing them. Even Peter was carnal and afraid at the crucifixion and denied Christ 3 times. It wasn't until Jesus blew His Spirit into the 11 (Jn 20) that they still had to wait in Jerusalem for 10 more days to receive the power of the Holy Spirit for ministry.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I could “ purify myself” Jesus death on the Cross was a cruel waste of time.....

I “ DO” care about sin.....I Hate it! As a matter of fact, I found the Cure for Disobedience ( sin) .....I REST in the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing .....that “ Rest” spurred a Love for God .....That “ Love for God” spurred Obedience .....LOVE for God is the ENGINE that drives True Obedience ...True Obedience has its roots in Love — NOT Fear......

Ahh, so you think I'm preaching fear. Just the opposite. Knowledge, but even though Jesus Himself said, "If you love Me, keep My commandments," He didn't mean in our own carnal power as you teach called works, and grows with more law keeping. No, when you know about the commandments and try on your own to keep them and find you can't, you know you must repent of that weakness in your soul called sin. (Romans 7:13) That self examination causes integrity of heart, and you come boldly to the throne of grace and cry out to Christ to give you His power to keep them. And that is when you receive the Holy Spirit to do all the work of keeping them through you. It was true repentance. Baptism itself doesn't automatically give you the Spirit as others teach (like those who believe in rituals only.) But after the epiphany of your sin and you repent, now it is from a new nature that has the laws of God written on your heart which is being born again of the Spirit. From there it is easy but there is still more growth needed to do all that Christ calls us to be which is perfect that takes a lifetime for most, even Paul. 2 Peter 1:5-11.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I understand your point. We agree that works play no part in God imputing righteousness to a person. That happens entirely by faith in God's forgiveness apart from the merit of works.

The part you are not understanding is if the person who says they have had God's righteousness imputed to them does not have works he is showing he either never had righteousness imputed to him through faith (he's a fake believer), or, he has stopped believing and has turned away from God in unbelief (he's an ex-believer). Either way, that person is an unsaved unbeliever.

If they do not repent before Jesus comes back they will not enter into the kingdom with Christ. Hyper Grace OSAS says that's not true for the ex-believer. It insists they are still saved (even though they are an unbeliever) because salvation is not by works. Hyper Grace theology ignores the Biblical truth that if they really were saved they wouldn't be living in sin and unbelief. They might well be struggling with sin, but they will not, and can not willingly live in it because they are born again...

"Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." 1 John 3:9

So we can see that the person who is willingly living in sin is not a believer, because a genuinely born again person doesn't purposely live in sin. He can't because he's born again! They will have to go back to unbelief to purposely live in sin again. And so willingly living in sin is the sign of unbelief. They will not be saved when Jesus returns. Unless they repent.
Sound all good except that…..it doesn’t go well with the truth that:

Salvation is of God, by God, and by grace through faith in Him whom He sent, Jesus Christ, the Savior.

Let me here tell you about the figure analogy of the Shepherd and the sheep. Jesus Christ is the Good Shepherd and the sheep are those given to him by the Father. Here’s what Jesus tells us about that:

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.30 I and My Father are one.”

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is the Good Shepherd. His sheep are the believers. With regards His sheep, Jesus Christ the Lord said “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.”

Some teach that some of the sheep under the care of the Lord Jesus Christ could be lost. How? They argue that while the passage says that nobody can snatch the sheep out of Jesus’ hands and the Father’s hand, it does not say they they could not of themselves jump off the sheep pen or of their own no longer follow Christ. They say and argue that they could, in their own free will, cease to believe or that they would believe no longer, and so become unbelievers. Thus, these sheep could lose their salvation by that.

Sadly there are those who agree with them in that, they perceive it to be reasonable and realistic. And the main attraction there is their sense of free will. It is very real to them, that they have power to stop believing anytime and at will.

But if they only would try to see and look at WHO is the Good Shepherd under whose care and keeping they are now, and think about what the Good Shepherd had given up for them and have done to save them…….and just ponder upon what love the Good Shepherd have for His sheep……perhaps they might see the folly of the idea of being separated and lost, by ceasing to believe or by unbelief; of the idea they have the power to squeeze out themselves from the hand of their Good Shepherd and from the Almighty Father no less, by their own doing and their will.

Tong
R4433

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. But that does not answer the questions.

Sorry, I went back and will try to answer one by one.

According to Paul, concerning Abraham, was Abraham justified by works?

What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Note that Abraham was in the flesh - carnal nature. But He heard the words God spoke to him. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." Without doing a thing, Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness."

According to James, concerning Abraham, was Abraham justified by works?

After believing, Abraham became a FOLLOWER of God that would DO what God said. If he didn't, then his faith was dead, but it wasn't.

According to Paul, what is accounted for righteousness?

“Abraham believed God,

According to James, what is accounted for righteousness?

repeat: After believing, Abraham became a FOLLOWER of God that would DO what God said. If he didn't, then his faith was dead, but it wasn't.

Are they saying the same thing about justification? Are they speaking of the same justification? Are they making the same argument?

1. James 2:21
    Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?

2. James 2:24
    You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

3. James 2:25
    Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

After believing, the test of actual faith is works of obedience. Otherwise, your faith is dead. So faith is just the beginning. But obedience comes as we FOLLOW.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am certain that you will be walking on water any day now......Your puny “ miracles” are everyday weird things that happen to everyone on occasion....

They are normal for me. I've been walking in the Spirit for 44 years and give testimony as Paul did to what God does in my life. So what common place "weird" things you called has God done for you. Do you have testimonies. That's the only way I can really see what you believe and who you give credit to.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Sorry, I went back and will try to answer one by one.

What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Note that Abraham was in the flesh - carnal nature. But He heard the words God spoke to him. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." Without doing a thing, Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness."

After believing, Abraham became a FOLLOWER of God that would DO what God said. If he didn't, then his faith was dead, but it wasn't.

“Abraham believed God,

repeat: After believing, Abraham became a FOLLOWER of God that would DO what God said. If he didn't, then his faith was dead, but it wasn't.

1. James 2:21
    Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?

2. James 2:24
    You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

3. James 2:25
    Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

After believing, the test of actual faith is works of obedience. Otherwise, your faith is dead. So faith is just the beginning. But obedience comes as we FOLLOW.
Thank you for your response. However, I apparently got no direct answers. Only cited scriptures and comments.

So, I could say no more regarding my questions.

Tong
R4434

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are normal for me. I've been walking in the Spirit for 44 years and give testimony as Paul did to what God does in my life. So what common place "weird" things you called has God done for you. Do you have testimonies. That's the only way I can really see what you believe and who you give credit to.

Several things have happened to me that are UNDOUBTABLY from God.....You would not believe them if I told you about them....they are beyond precious to me and I keep them a secret....even from my wife and daughter....I would not want to be perceived as a” Braggert”......or somebody that is Super Holy.....

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Several things have happened to me that are UNDOUBTABLY from God.....You would not believe them if I told you about them....they are beyond precious to me and I keep them a secret....even from my wife and daughter....I would not want to be perceived as a” Braggert”......or somebody that is Super Holy.....

Don't you know that is how the gospel was spread in the beginning? Paul told everyone what had happened to him. That's what's prompted me to tell all. If people want to call me a braggart or something worse, let them. It tells more about them than me. Those who can relate with me because they've had similar encounters with God do so out of belief, not the unbelief of scoffers. I am one that would believe you. And praise God if these events make you more of a believer even unto holiness. I am too. But He made me this way. I believe ANYTHING is possible with God.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your response. However, I apparently got no direct answers. Only cited scriptures and comments.

So, I could say no more regarding my questions.

Tong
R4434

Good grief, what do you want from me? Chapter 4 is in the middle of an eight chapter teaching and is one of the chapters that only sets up for the conclusion, and not to be plucked out and made out of it a doctrine of demons like so many twisted souls do on these forums. Chapter 8 is no longer the Law, but the SPIRIT.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are they saying the same thing about justification? Are they speaking of the same justification? Are they making the same argument?

No, they are speaking differently. The difference is, justified to whom? God knows whether faith is real, and whether or not He rendered you righteous. This is being justified by God, make righteous.

People only know when they see the difference in your life, so to them, your works justify you, that is, demonstrate you to be righteous.

But the demonstration of being righteous should not be confused with being righteous.

James was speaking of showing your faith by your works, that is for man, God already sees.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BloodBought1953 are doing okay today brother ? I know sometimes talking in forums can be kind of heavy… I had it happen to me today… I really hate that feeling of trying to get a point across or someone else and it’s all different perspectives and it’s just really stressful sometimes.

The only thing that calmed me down personally was writing down prayer to God to help me relax. Don’t know why sometimes I’ll get worked up over some of the encounters on forums.
I like to remind myself that God is with me, here, now, as I'm typing, and that He loves me, I'm one whom He cares about. And He intends to love others through me, as I trust Him to do that. And I just stop for a minute or two, and re-enter into that faith.

I guess it's just another way to say, I pray too!

:)

And listening to hymns helps me too.

Much love!

Reactions: MatthewG