Why do you feel it is so hard to be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
......and go to Hell.....God is not interested in YOUR “ goodness” for Salvation...If one could ever be “ good enough” Christ’s Death in the Cross was a Cruel Waste Of Time.....

God takes CHRIST’S GOODNESS and applies it to you...... right when He did not HAVE to do it , and right when you did not DESERVE to have it done..... there is a REASON why we spend Eternity Worshipping God and not spend it patting ourselves on the back for our great Character and “ Goodness”.......Christianity 101 and you don’t get it.....
Grail I think is not saying that doing and being good gets one to heaven. Though, he says on the other hand, and which I think is contrary to the implication of what he is saying, that not doing good (doing bad) can get the Christian to hell. And that is what is not clear on what he really is saying as a whole. Maybe the reason why he would not understand anything in what you, we, say scriptures say about that.

Tong
R4591

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Actually, you're the one that isn't getting it.
He's not saying doing good earns you salvation.
Doing good is the obligatory footsteps of faith.
No footsteps of faith shows you don't have the faith that leaves those footprints.
That's why you HAVE to have works to be saved when Jesus comes back.
If you don't, you show yourself to not have faith.
If you had faith you'd have works to show for it.
I can see that you understand Grail quite well. But I think you are not making the same point he is making? Or perhaps you are both saying the same point?

Tong
R4592

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grail I think is not saying that doing and being good gets one to heaven. Though, he says on the other hand, and which I think is contrary to the implication of what he is saying, that not doing good (doing bad) can get the Christian to hell. And that is what is not clear on what he really is saying as a whole. Maybe the reason why he would not understand anything in what you, we, say scriptures say about that.

Tong
R4591

Makes sense, but his REAL problem is that he is a Grace Rejector.....I never see that word ( the VERY THING that Saved Anybody that EVER got Saved) in any Of his lengthy , boring and completely Unbiblical Bloviations........

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see that you understand Grail quite well. But I think you are not making the same point he is making? Or perhaps you are both saying the same point?

Tong
R4592

The only “Point “ they ever inadvertently reveal about themselves is that that don’t Believe in Grace nor do they Believe the first half of the Gospel ( that little thing about “ Jesus dying for our Sins) ....they Believe in last- second -before -you- die “ Lucky Repentance”, although they can’t admit it....

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Ferris Bueller said:
That's why you HAVE to have works to be saved when Jesus comes back.
If you don't, you show yourself to not have faith.
If you had faith you'd have works to show for it.
God needs a score card to know who His kids are . . .

Not!
Yes, needless to say, God needs nothing of that sort. Every Christian knows this.

Our works are not for Jesus Christ to see. God sees the heart with or without necessity of such. Our good works are for us and for people to see, to the glory of Him in whose name the child of God is called.

Tong
R4593

Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tong
R4591

What he say is loony.....it makes no sense....it is illogical ......it is Unbiblical .....it is Confusing....Confusion comes from you- know who......

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mention newbies because Satan knows I am protective of them.

Satan knows that you “ Ship- Wreck” the Faith Of Newbies and like Ferris, you consign them to “Fall From Grace” before they even get “ Started” on their Walk Of Faith.....You guys put them on the “Walk” Of Lucky Repentance ......Lets hope and pray that “ Falling From Grace” does not mean to be damned....If it is True, that “ Narrow Gate” is gonna be REAL Narrow....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
someone like Hitler or serial killers change their character in that last few moments of their life....

Ladies and Gentlemen—— The most Pig- Ignorant thing that I have EVER heard in this or any other Forum to date.....”this guy essentially says “watch out for any last- minute ‘ character change’ from bad guys—- it could get them Saved!” Wow—- and I MEAN “wow”.

This guy is too far gone to talk to .....here is what I want to know.....Ferris, why do you stand with and defend this guy.....You KNOW this guy is living in “ Crazy Town!”

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The only “Point “ they ever inadvertently reveal about themselves is that that don’t Believe in Grace nor do they Believe the first half of the Gospel ( that little thing about “ Jesus dying for our Sins) ....they Believe in last- second -before -you- die “ Lucky Repentance”, although they can’t admit it....
I think they believe in grace. Only that they believe differently or that they do not know the grace of God as we know it.

For so I think they agree that Salvation is of God, by God, by grace, through faith in God and in Him whom God sent, Jesus Christ, and in the gospel that the apostles preached. Yet, not as we know what all that means.

Tong
R4594

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they believe in grace. Only that they believe differently or that they do not know the grace of God as we know it.

For so I think they agree that Salvation is of God, by God, by grace, through faith in God and in Him whom God sent, Jesus Christ, and in the gospel that the apostles preached. Yet, not as we know what all that means.

Tong
R4594

They think like the King Of Religionist , Jimmy Swaggert thinks......I can quote him—— ‘ Sure I Believe in Grace——*PAST* Grace.....”

Any “ Grace” that is NOT past, present and future grace just ain’t gonna get the job done......Grace Covers ALL of my Sins—- it is my impetus for trying NOT to sin....and I am NEVER even remotely interested in turning that into a License to Sin.....If you have a New Heart , Sinning has all the appeal of a Drano enema —- who the heck wants a License to do THAT?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please feel free to check out my latest “ Masterpiece”... Lol —- “Golf Balls and the Gospel” ( Tares , Religionists and legalists beware! You won’t “ get” it, nor will you like it ...that will make my day! )

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Please feel free to check out my latest “ Masterpiece”... Lol —- “Golf Balls and the Gospel” ( Tares , Religionists and legalists beware! You won’t “ get” it, nor will you like it ...that will make my day! )
Tares don’t grow up and evolve to be wheat, or do they? ;)

Tong
R4598

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ferris: That's why you HAVE to have works to be saved when Jesus *COMES BACK*

Luke 18:8.....”When the Son Of Man *COMES BACK* will He find “FAITH” on the Earth?”
Seems to me that one just has to have “Faith” to be Saved when Jesus returns.
The faith you have to have when Jesus comes back is the faith that "expresses itself in love"—Galatians 5:6. Because that's the faith that Paul, whom you follow, says justifies.

Faith without works is dead faith. It can not save—James 2:14.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one has “ works” he will receive Crowns.....no works? No Crowns.
No works, no salvation:

‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat...’ Matthew 25:41-43