Why do you feel it is so hard to be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you have Christ in you, you are Fit For Heaven....case closed...
Yes, 'IF'.

You can know 'if' you have Christ in you and are ready for the coming judgment by fire by your works.

"...strive to make your calling and election sure." 2 Peter 1:10

"...show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure." Hebrews 6:11

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me, what is Paul’s answer?
I honestly thought you'd know what I was talking about. And so I was wondering why you didn't get it. Then I remembered you have Calvinistic type beliefs and so you can't see where Paul talks about having been a tare but now being a wheat stalk:

"...as to righteousness in the law, faultless. But whatever was gain to me I count as loss for the sake of Christ." Philippians 3:6-7

Paul used to be a legalist. Then, through faith in Christ he wasn't. That's a tare being transformed into a stalk of wheat. Question answered.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I honestly thought you'd know what I was talking about. And so I was wondering why you didn't get it. Then I remembered you have Calvinistic type beliefs and so you can't see where Paul talks about having been a tare but now being a wheat stalk:

"...as to righteousness in the law, faultless. But whatever was gain to me I count as loss for the sake of Christ." Philippians 3:6-7

Paul used to be a legalist. Then, through faith in Christ he wasn't. That's a tare being transformed into a stalk of wheat. Question answered.

You are the one who say and take Paul as being a tares, not scriptures. It is also you who make the conclusion that he was a tare who became wheat.

Ask Jesus if that is so.

Tong
R4615

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one who say and take Paul as being a tares, not scriptures. It is also you who make the conclusion that he was a tare who became wheat.
You're ignoring Paul's plain testimony in Philippians 3:5-9. I understand why you have to do that.
He himself says he was a legalist tare, and now he's not.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
You're ignoring Paul's plain testimony in Philippians 3:5-9. I understand why you have to do that.
He himself says he was a legalist tare, and now he's not.
Nope. He did not say he was a legalist tare. It is you who say he was.

Don’t you want to ask Jesus what He have to say about tare and wheat?

Tong
R4628

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
BE GOOD AND DO GOOD has become my slogan on this forum.
I feel like the Johnny Appleseed of be good.
Why has it come to this on this forum?.
Probably one of the most worth while discussion we could have.
I CONTEND THAT IT IS NOT THAT HARD TO BE GOOD!
I CONTEND THAT IT IS NOT THAT HARD TO LIVE A NEARLY SINLESS LIFE!
NOW PROVE ME WRONG!

The truth will set you free! Be honest.

FLESH

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Don’t you want to ask Jesus what He have to say about tare and wheat?
Everybody knows about the parable of the tares and the wheat.
Perhaps. But it is one thing to know about it and another thing to accept the truth it says regarding the wheat and tares.

Tares don’t grow up to be wheat as wheat don’t grow up to be tares. They may look very much alike and grows side by side. But ……Jesus said…

“The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.

“He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.

Tong
R4631

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps. But it is one thing to know about it and another thing to accept the truth it says regarding the wheat and tares.

Tares don’t grow up to be wheat as wheat don’t grow up to be tares. They may look very much alike and grows side by side. But ……Jesus said…

“The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.

“He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.

Tong
R4631
It's a parable for corn's sake, lol!

According to what you're reading into the parable, tares can never be saved, and all saved people start out as wheat stalks. How foolish.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
It's a parable for corn's sake, lol!

According to what you're reading into the parable, tares can never be saved, and all saved people start out as wheat stalks. How foolish.
So what if it is a parable?

Why would I be reading in the parables? Besides it is one of the parables Jesus explained. Now, all one needs to do is read. Here it is again, and read for yourself if you can find anything where tares becomes wheat. Nowhere.

The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.

Tong
R4637

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what if it is a parable?

Why would I be reading in the parables? Besides it is one of the parables Jesus explained. Now, all one needs to do is read. Here it is again, and read for yourself if you can find anything where tares becomes wheat. Nowhere.

The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.

Tong
R4638
Knock, knock, anybody home! Lol. I once was a tare and was then transformed into a wheat stalk. Just as I used to be a child of the devil and was made a child of God. Weren't you????

Stop going beyond the intent of the parable.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Knock, knock, anybody home! Lol. I once was a tare and was then transformed into a wheat stalk. Weren't you????

Stop going beyond the intent of the parable.
So you claim you were a tare.

Who sowed the tares? Who are the tares?

In effect, you claim to have been sowed a tare and grew up to be wheat. Transformed you say. But that is only your claim. And it such claim does not make true that the tares sowed by the devil in the parable can grow to be wheat.

<<<Stop going beyond the intent of the parable.>>>

What? Stop going beyond the intent of the parable? Tell us please, what is the intent of the parable that you are referring to not go beyond?

Besides, do you have a better explanation of the parable than Jesus?

Tong
R4638

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At times it’s hard for me to be good, my human emotions take over, like this new guy at work who does nothing and is not held accountable for it, I’ll start to feel hatred towards him and would like to see him fired, but then I hold back those emotions and pray to overcome them.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always picture you as Rodney Dangerfield on the golf course...same demeanor, same personality...minus the talent, of course.

I stink up every golf course I set foot on......yet I know how to play .....I don’t take it seriously, and I have a BLAST! “ THAT” is the way to play!

You should join me sometime , unless “ Having Fun” is a Sin in your Crippled Faith Walk.....I always “ Picture You” as a judgmental, frowning faced, stick-up-His-rear- end Jimmy Swaggert clone.....

FORE!!!!!!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you mean "Goofball and the Gospel"? Lol.
(I want my copy personally autographed by Andrew Farley.)

As always, thank for the free plug for ANDREW FARLEY! Check him out, Newbies.....learn how to shake off the Legalistic Shackles and become Free Men and Women in Christ ! ( or, you can stay on the Milk Bottle as Erroneous Bueller does) Be a mere “Religionist” as He is, or be a Christian .....it’s misery and drudgery versus Joy....go with the latter!