Why do you reject authority?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay....

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy. closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray. to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father. which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

And here is what praying in the spirit looks like...

15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Try that instead of the chalk wafer.
It feels waaaay better.
That’s what I THOUGHT you’d say.
Thank you for showing your complete ignorance of Scripture – yet again.

In this passage, Jesus was using hyperbole to make a point, as He often did. Sorry for the big word. “Hyperbole” simply means that He was exaggerating by making 2 polar opposite comparisons. What YOU fail to show is the first comparison. Allow me to educate you . . .

Matt. 6:5-6
“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

By the way – WHAT does Jesus do in the very next verses?? He teaches the crowd to pray – and He does it PUBLICLY.
If we were ALL supposed to go and lock ourselves in a closet to pray – we would NEVER be able to spread the Gospel, Einstein . . .

As for praying in tongues – that is NOT the only proof of faith – and Scripture tells us that NOT everyone prays in tongues:

1 Cor. 12:27-31
Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, AND various kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all possess gifts of healing? DO ALL SPEAK WITH TONGUES? Do all interpret? But earnestly desire the higher gifts.
And I will show you a still more excellent way.

Don’t just QUOTE the Bible - until you actually understand what it means . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s what I THOUGHT you’d say.
Thank you for showing your complete ignorance of Scripture – yet again.

In this passage, Jesus was using hyperbole to make a point, as He often did. Sorry for the big word. “Hyperbole” simply means that He was exaggerating by making 2 polar opposite comparisons. What YOU fail to show is the first comparison. Allow me to educate you . . .

Matt. 6:5-6
“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

By the way – WHAT does Jesus do in the very next verses?? He teaches the crowd to pray – and He does it PUBLICLY.
If we were ALL supposed to go and lock ourselves in a closet to pray – we would NEVER be able to spread the Gospel, Einstein . . .

As for praying in tongues – that is NOT the only proof of faith – and Scripture tells us that NOT everyone prays in tongues:

1 Cor. 12:27-31
Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, AND various kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all possess gifts of healing? DO ALL SPEAK WITH TONGUES? Do all interpret? But earnestly desire the higher gifts.
And I will show you a still more excellent way.

Don’t just QUOTE the Bible - until you actually understand what it means . . .
I see, you RCC teachers think Jesus really meant, "when ye pray, don't enter into your closet...".

What else did Jesus not really mean or exaggerated?

Reactions: BarneyFife

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, you RCC teachers think Jesus really meant, "when ye pray, don't enter into your closet...".

What else did Jesus not really mean or exaggerated?
The fact that you can't understand that Jesus was using hyperbole by making two polar opposite comparisons in Matt. 6:5-6 speakes VOLUMES about your total ignorance of God's Word.

Nice job . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet encyclicals, binding or not, are a reflection of Catholic opinion, particularly when it's repeated by Catholic media decades later. We are talking about general Catholic incompatibility with the spirit of the constitution. That is religious liberty. Religious liberty is not a Catholic principle, except for itself.
Again - that's NONSENSE.
Unless you can show me that teaching from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, then you are talking out of your ear - and possibly other parts of your anatomy . . .

I don't know where you get your bizarre ideas but, Popes don't just make up doctrines as they go along. What they usually do is to simply define or explain doctrines and practices that already exist. YOUR claim that the Catholic Church teaches against the Constitution of the United States is yet another exercise in dishonesty on YOUR part.

There are a LOT of anti-Catholics out there who are MUCH smarter than YOU that would NEVER make this asinine claim . . ..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are a LOT of anti-Catholics out there who are MUCH smarter than YOU that would NEVER make this asinine claim . . ..

Oh claiming racism, no such thing as an anticatholic.

Unless you can show me that teaching from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, then you are talking out of your ear - and possibly other parts of your anatomy . .

I guess you are the expert in that

Last edited by a moderator:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
could you tell me where the body is?.....a live one ie.....not walking cadavers?
The Body of Christ is the Church, collectively (Acts 9:4-5, Col. 1:18).
The Body of Christ is NOT myself or YOU being a Lone Ranger.

God's will is that you do NOT forsake assembling with the Body (Heb. 10:24-25).
Those people are part of the group that doesn't do the will of the Father . . .

Matt. 7:21-23
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Good luck
with that . . .

Reactions: Illuminator

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh claiming racism, no such thing as an anticatholic, just Anti, anti Christ
"Racism"???
What
are you talking about?? Nobody mentioned race.

Just more of your nonsense??
I guess you are the expert in that
Absolutely.
I observe it DAILY while reading posts like yours and other ignorant anti-Catholics . . .

Reactions: Illuminator

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Body of Christ is the Church, collectively (Acts 9:4-5, Col. 1:18).
The Body of Christ is NOT myself or YOU being a Lone Ranger.
The body of Christ is those who are in Christ, not those caught up in mens religions and dogma.

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

He never asked any man to follow after men, but so many refuse Him to their own end. So many would rather the delusion . The blind following after the blind, are you one leading the blind into a ditch.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body of Christ is those who are in Christ, not those caught up in mens religions and dogma.

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

He never asked any man to follow after men, but so many refuse Him to their own end. So many would rather the delusion . The blind following after the blind, are you one leading the blind into a ditch.
In Acts 9:4-5, Jesus equates his Body – the Church - with his very self:
Acts 9:4-5
He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" He said, "Who are you, sir?" The reply came, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.

Notice that Jesus DOESN’T say, “Why are you persecuting the CHURCH?(which is EXACTLY what Paul was doing).
Jesus chose to equate the Church with himself.

Christ's Church is NOT a disjointed gaggle of un-united Lone Rangers as YOU envision it. NOR, is it tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sects that ALL teach different doctrines based on the personal interpretations of their HUMAN founders after the 16th century.

It is shining city on a hill that cannot be hidden (Matt. 5:14) - a united Body with Christ as the Head (Col. 1:18).

Reactions: historyb

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ's Church is NOT a disjointed gaggle of un-united Lone Rangers as YOU envision it. NOR, is it tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sects that ALL teach different doctrines based on the personal interpretations of their HUMAN founders after the 16th century.
Yep exactly so you should know your church cannot be. Never seeing a man so angry.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep exactly so you should know your church cannot be. Never seeing a man so angry.
Well, I'm not "angry" because I just explained to you that I'm NOT in a disjointed gaggle of un-united Lone Rangers.
NOR am I in one of tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach different doctrines based on the personal interpretations of their HUMAN founders after the 16th century.

I beloing to the ONE Church established by Christ and His Apostles.
That makes me happy . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, I'm not "angry" because I just explained to you that I'm NOT in a disjointed gaggle of un-united Lone Rangers.
NOR am I in one of tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach different doctrines based on the personal interpretations of their HUMAN founders after the 16th century.

No all you have ever done is try indoctrinate men into your religion and as you can see many are not so foolish to be joined with babylon. Jesus came to set me free from prison all you and your mates do is lock them up. But that is the path "you "choose, who would be foolish enough to follow a blind man, I guess there are many.

Now i can back to the life Christ promised. Load gone.

I should mention not unlike our SDA friend, friends, mum and daughter.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, all of your bold print, caps, underscoring, italics, and ad homs just exude the picture of peace and tranquility.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No all you have ever done is try indoctrinate men into your religion and as you can see many are not so foolish to be joined with babylon. Jesus came to set me free from prison all you and your mates do is lock them up. But that is the path "you "choose, who would be foolish enough to follow a blind man, I guess there are many.

Now i can back to the life Christ promised. Load gone.

I should mention not unlike our SDA friend, friends, mum and daughter.
Yes - nothing like your online paramilitary cult, "aggressivechristianity.net" - IS it?
The home of the "Shim Ra Na" cult . . .
upload_2020-12-29_16-6-18.png

This is a TEXTBOOK example of the Gospel having been perverted by men in current times . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, all of your bold print, caps, underscoring, italics, and ad homs just exude the picture of peace and tranquility.
Formatting is there for emphasis.
Exclamation points (!!) are for shouting . . .

Reactions: historyb

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes - nothing like your online paramilitary cult, "aggressivechristianity.net" - IS it?
The home of the "Shim Ra Na" cult . . .
View attachment 12355

This is a TEXTBOOK example of the Gospel having been perverted by men in current times . . .
Yes I know BOL in fact we all know, you hate the truth so like all your friends you seek to destroy those who show you the truth, it comes from your religion, you are your religion, it is written in everything you write, and since you refuse to leave it for His sake, you must therefore be judged as it to will be.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

and so will all those who remain in her.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Formatting is there for emphasis.
Exclamation points (!!) are for shouting . . .
Are you sure you've been doing this for 17 years?
You're the one who brought up shouting, not me.
Oh, and ad homs are for bestowing blessings, right?
By the way, your pigeon-holed, genetically fallacious views of the Reformation would probably be amusing if they weren't so tragic.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that you can't understand that Jesus was using hyperbole by making two polar opposite comparisons in Matt. 6:5-6 speakes VOLUMES about your total ignorance of God's Word.

Nice job . . .
All i know is the RCC teaches that Jesus is the exaggerator made flesh.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All i know is the RCC teaches that Jesus is the exaggerator made flesh.
Jesus often used parables to make His points . . .
Luke 14:26:
“If anyone comes to me and does not HATE his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.”

This is NOT to be taken literally because Jesus tells us elsewhere to LOVE our neighbor as ourself (Mark 12:31).
Also - we are commanded to HONOR our parents (Exod. 20:12).

Here are some other examples of Jesus using hyperbole to make a point, Einstein:
Matt 5:29
If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30

Matt. 5:30
And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Matt. 6:3
“When you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing

Matt. 19:24
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God”

Matt. 23:9
And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.