Why Does Jesus only Sees our Works, and not our Faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know thy works...I know thy works...I know thy works...

In Rev 2-3, 7 times to 7 churches, all we read is about Jesus seeing their works.

He never speaks at all of seeing their faith.

He does say He knows some have faith by knowing their works, but He never simply says I see thy faith, nor does He know any man's faith without first seeing our works.

Is it true, that Jesus cannot see our faith, without first seeing our works?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good works show the faith James 2:18

“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10)

“That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;” (1 Timothy 6:18)

But there are many who:

“…profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.” (Titus 1:16)

Those who believe the doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved come immediately to mind here.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know thy works...I know thy works...I know thy works...

In Rev 2-3, 7 times to 7 churches, all we read is about Jesus seeing their works.

He never speaks at all of seeing their faith.

He does say He knows some have faith by knowing their works, but He never simply says I see thy faith, nor does He know any man's faith without first seeing our works.

Did you know that believing the Gospel, who is Christ, is a "work"?
John 6[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
[29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets not forget the first part , LOOKING UNTO JESUS . WHO is the AUTHOR and THE FINISHER of our faith .
My advice , HOLD THE FAITH FIRM TO THE END . Keep the TRUST IN CHRIST ALONE
and be HEEDING AND DOING all things HE DID say . JESUS KNOWS how to keep us safe ,
but if one takes off from heeding him who speaks from heaven , WELL FALL THEY SURELY WILL .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10)

“That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;” (1 Timothy 6:18)

But there are many who:

“…profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.” (Titus 1:16)

Those who believe the doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved come immediately to mind here.
When you say many , ITS TRULY MANY . MANY that DENY HIM in works . OH THEY PROFESS HIM IN MOUTH
but DENY HIM IN WORKS . LETS see what paul had to say about that .
BUT if any provides NOT , A DOING ACTION JESUS TUAGHT , for his own and specially for those of his own household
HE HAS DENIED THE FAITH and is even WORSE , WORSE than an infidel .
PETER KNEW THAT TOO . PETER said the latter end will be worse for them , JESUS even said it .
YET TODAY folks sound nothing like they did . I SAY WE OPEN BIBLES and learn JESUS FOR OUR OWNSELVES .
AS i am SURE YOU WOULD AGREE . cause we have way too many leaders in churches that are leading all right
LEADING THE FOLKS INTO TOTAL DARKNESS and yet calling it LIGHT .
BUT NO marvel , SATAN HIMSELF who is darkness and not light , can appear as an angel of light
WELL SO TOO can his minstirs appear as men of righteousness . THIS GEN IS IN DIRE TROUBLE .

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exactly brother. Not just show it, but proves and justifies it.

Imputed righteousness is only knowledge of righteousness, but if we don't do it, then it only condemns us of being hearers only:

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Sin is imputed by the law, to know what is sinful of the devil, and righteousness is imputed by faith, to know what is right in sight of God, therefore, what is imputed must be done to be justified by God.

Imputed knowledge of righteousness is not being righteous, until we are doing it:

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

The most hated Scriptures of all OSAS is James 1-2: You've been imputed right knowledge of the truth God, but what are you doing about it?

Still sinning is not doing the truth, but now is against imputed knowledge of the truth.

True, rich in good works is good works without sinning also.

The good works of them still sinning is fool's gold:

And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

That would be true, except they don't preach any works at all.

They are less than vomit and spit. :D

I have learned that Jesus doesn't even bother correcting them in His corrections to the churches, so neither do I.

Jesus never corrected anyone by saying, "I don't see any works here, where are they??" "Hey church, where's some works for me to correct, already??"

Jesus was a man. He gets the joke.

Truly brother, the most pathetic thing about OSAS unrighteous christian sinners, is that they are completely nothing. As their faith is dead, so is their lying lives nothing to Christ.

Jesus seeks real sinners to save, not those so humbly declaring how sinfully full of grace they are.

OSAS is full of little celebratory puffs of smoke, that only idolize Jesus as a righteous man, but they give Him no credit for being down-to-earth real and righteous altogether.

OSAS is a figment of the imagination of unreal spiritual mouth pieces.

They're not real. There's no there, there. There's nothing for Jesus to even correct. They don't even rate as lukewarm.

We know that if He came to them in the flesh, as He did in His own day, they would reject Him outright and call Him proudly decieved as their fathers did. How do we know? Because they do the same for His flesh and bones today.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Their fathers did not believe Him to be righteous in the flesh yesterday, and they do not believe them in His flesh and bones to be righteous today.

He's just an idolized man for them to give lip service to.

That is why they declare none of His flesh and bones today, can do as He did in days of His flesh on earth. Why? Because they don't.

In the end, all their condemnation against them preaching righteousness as He is righteous, is simply because they themselves don't do it: they refuse to believe it is possible for themselves, because they don't want to. And so they declare it impossible for all others on earth.

To them, holding to the righteous and holy Head, is only sort of at times.

Scripture says all things are possible with God, and OSAS says sure, just not doing His righteousness at any time.

They truly are them worshipping the beast by miraculous signs in the heavens, which is all they believe Jesus Christ is worth: He's Almighty God to worship in heaven, so long as He stays there.

They certainly don't believe He is capable on earth of making His brethren righteous altogether as He is righteous.

But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas.

They are going to see what it is like to be in the belly of hell, except they repent of their sinning.

But of course, they must first repent of their sinning with grace.

Keep up the good work, brother. Their loud mouths are getting weaker and weaker every time they regurgitate their tired old mantras in the face of sound doctrine.

It's time to talk true turkey with these gainsayers and scoffers against righteousness, and stop playing their silly little word games with Scripture.

Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that believing the Gospel, who is Christ, is a "work"?
John 6[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
[29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
True, believing Christ begins with first obeying His first commandment to purify our hearts, that we may love Him with all the heart, having no lust nor unrighteous thoughts taken against Him.

Jesus calls these the our first works of our first love for God from the heart:

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Until we obey the first commandment which is spiritual [purity within, we cannot possible obey the second commandment, which is outwardly in the flesh.

But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Nothing is impossible for them with God, and especially with Jesus Christ the perfect seed of God planted firmly within the heart:

Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?

And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

Including keeping a purified heart and clean and mind free from lust and sinful imagination:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you say many , ITS TRULY MANY . MANY that DENY HIM in works . OH THEY PROFESS HIM IN MOUTH
but DENY HIM IN WORKS . LETS see what paul had to say about that .
BUT if any provides NOT , A DOING ACTION JESUS TUAGHT , for his own and specially for those of his own household
HE HAS DENIED THE FAITH and is even WORSE , WORSE than an infidel .
PETER KNEW THAT TOO . PETER said the latter end will be worse for them , JESUS even said it .
YET TODAY folks sound nothing like they did . I SAY WE OPEN BIBLES and learn JESUS FOR OUR OWNSELVES .
AS i am SURE YOU WOULD AGREE . cause we have way too many leaders in churches that are leading all right
LEADING THE FOLKS INTO TOTAL DARKNESS and yet calling it LIGHT .
BUT NO marvel , SATAN HIMSELF who is darkness and not light , can appear as an angel of light
WELL SO TOO can his minstirs appear as men of righteousness . THIS GEN IS IN DIRE TROUBLE .
A most refreshing thread.

Not that the hypocrites are perishing, but that the righteous are speaking plainly without shame.

Yea, brother, let me have joy of thee in the Lord: refresh my bowels in the Lord.

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

Reactions: amigo de christo

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Huh…? He saw that Abraham believed Him. God sees everything in a mans heart.
But it’s sort of like…well…I know a woman who constantly says: oh I don’t get mad! Life’s too short! But I see that she does often get mad, and furious even! But she gets even in sneaky ways, so she is able to somehow think in her mind that she really doesn’t get mad since she hides it from others and retaliates in such a way as to have plausible deniability. She deceives others and deceives herself also.
So no matter what she says, she shows that what she says is not true.

And you see it with believers. They say they have trust but then you see them worrying over money, which proves that what they say is not really true. If you trust Him in a big thing like that you will live forever but don’t trust Him in a little thing like what He says about temporal provision, do you really trust Him?

When you see you do that, when you see your inconsistencies and hypocrisies and nonsense, you begin a struggle with the sin of unbelief in you and He grows your trust. We do GROW in trust and mainly it’s by Him showing us we’re lying hypocrites!

When our trust becomes pretty firm, that’s when others can really begin to see fruits, which is the good work of the Spirit in us.

I think trust without works is dead is a way of saying…you talk the talk but then don’t walk the walk, so your talk is useless.