Why don’t you believe Satan has been defeated?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't explained a thing Matthew and what it is you believe I don't believe you know yourself. I think you have these words in your mind and someone has told you 1+1=3 and no matter how many times you are shown it's 2 you hold onto 3 with your dear life.

Sorry. This is going to work between us.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because it has been here since the beginning, @Lambano. There also seems to be shades of darkness in the heavenly realm (Not in the Kingdom of God though), but that is all conjecture.

““Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. ‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:12-16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

What a picture of the end times of the Kingdom age when sin is released once more in the earth!

The faithful will be incorporated into the New Jerusalem (Isaiah 26:2). All others are excluded (Revelation 21:7-8)

Blessed are those who know these prophecies and live them!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When will the Darkness be defeated?

It starts here on earth being spiritually born again and the darkness in our heart changes from dark to light because of Jesus. So keep faith remember one day when you pass away, if you made the choice to Love God and Love Others you will be able to go to the Kingdom of God and reside there, as a child of God or a son or daughter of God.

It’s a daily battle, between the flesh and the spirit.

John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

Romans 8:14 for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God;

Ephesians 6:12 12 because we have not the wrestling with blood and flesh, but with the principalities, with the authorities, with the world-rulers of the darkness of this age, with the spiritual things of the evil in the heavenly places;

Of course I believe their age has done passed but we still wrestle against the darkness.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the darkness or the principalities I see as “spirit of greed”, “spirit of manipulation”, “spirit of hatred”, and the like.

it comes from the world from the darkness.

For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be sorry Matthew...you tried.

Feel free to explain your view if you would like to about what you believe dealing with Satan, I would gladly hear you out if you were right here sitting next to me sir.

God bless.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And the darkness or the principalities I see as “spirit of greed”, “spirit of manipulation”, “spirit of hatred”, and the like.

it comes from the world.

For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.

Wow very true but you believe in a supernatural creature of darkness no?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Feel free to explain your view if you would like to about what you believe dealing with Satan, I would gladly hear you out if you were right here sitting next to me sir.

God bless.

As I said earlier - you established Peter was being a satan to Jesus, an adversary. What is there to explain? Anyone can be an adversary to another.

I think in your mind you have notions which the Bible doesn't teach.

Job's adversary could be an angel, could a jealous believer.. and what we know is God brought all the suffering upon Job 42:11 that much is super clear!

11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him concerning all the evil that Yahweh had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one a ring of gold.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow very true but you believe in a supernatural creature of darkness no?

No. Satan use to be the accuser to the brethren. You can see what he use to do in Job. He has been done away with now. Darkness that existed at the beginning before creation still exist. Dark vs Light.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. Satan use to be the accuser to the brethren. You can see what he use to do in Job. He has been done away with now. Darkness that existed at the beginning before creation still exist. Dark vs Light.

Show us where this evil supernatural being is an accuser to the brethren?

Are you calling God evil?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 6:12 12 because we have not the wrestling with blood and flesh, but with the principalities, with the authorities, with the world-rulers of the darkness of this age, with the spiritual things of the evil in the heavenly places;

Of course I believe their age has done passed but we still wrestle against the darkness.
So the Darkness is still here, but the Principalities and Authorities are not?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show us where this evil supernatural being is an accuser to the brethren?

Are you calling God evil?

No. This communication though is fixing to stop however. I really would like to hear your view personally about Satan. Was he a real being or no? You said yes to adversary okay. What do you think about the devil coming to tempt Jesus and all of those notions?

So the Darkness is still here, but the Principalities and Authorities are not?

I did not say that. What do you think about them? I would like to know.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@MatthewG

Lets go very slow shall we....

Here is what Job said of your adversary (satan):

Job 1:21 The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan came accusing Job to God when God offered Job up as a sacrifice.

He know Job would not lose faith.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG

Lets go very slow shall we....

Here is what Job said of your adversary (satan):

Job 1:21 The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away

Sorry this isn’t going to work out. If you won’t just simply share what you believe by stating it, I don’t feel like going through this.

Take care Face2Face, may God bless you brother.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for trying to sir.

If you won’t be open and share and state what you believe.

Communication on this subject will not be open until you are willingly to do so, @face2face.

Status
Not open for further replies.