Why don’t you believe Satan has been defeated?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#124 <- click this for some consideration on Revelation 13 - (Now Completed)
#215 <- click this for some consideration on Revelation 20 - (Now Completed)

Don’t get me wrong I understand that most believe that revelation is not completed yet, but if you would consider the contents and context of that book at written to 7 churches in Asia Minor, and that things were soon to come shortly to pass, why is it most Christian churches today continue to repeat that Yeshua is still coming back today, 2000 years later?

Why is it people don’t accept it as the truth of a coming to pass for them in that area and time? Some say John wrote many years after the destruction of Jerusalem, but then why doesn’t the revelation John write say “and don’t be like those who had fallen in Jerusalem”, or why doesn’t it say this is “for a future generation”.

Do not get me wrong I love you either way even if your a futurist but think for yourself for a moment, what is your hope in?

Is it in the destruction of everything you know now that is around you for Jesus to come back and vindicate for you on your behalf when the contents and context of the Bible almost always from Genesis to About Acts maybe 5? Is dealing with the nation of Israel upon until Paul shows up and goes out to the gentiles but also writes to a Jewish audience as well?

It’s hard for me to understand why people continue to believe that Satan is still around when he was a key player while the Law was intact but the Law is gone, it was done away with, the Law was given to Jewish people not Gentiles but people act as though sometimes they need to obey the Law given from Moses to the Israelites: it is useful but only useful to bring people to Christ.

So why is you don’t believe this?

“And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Revelation 20:10

A friend asked this question:
Hey Matt!
The problem with this to me is that, if Christ is ruling now on this earth, I cannot see it.
Where in time, do yo think Satan will be "let loose for awhile" takes place??
We still have sickness, tears, wars, on and on so how does that equate with Jesus having already returned for the last time?
Love you bro!

I will share with you the fulfillment perspective - which you can take as a grain of salt.

Revelation 21:4 and God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, and the death shall not be any more, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor shall there be any more pain, because the first things did go away.'

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, [for] the old order has passed away.”

The key to understanding this passage is found in the words, "for the former things are passed away." Literalist of Revelation see this verse as description of a heavenly utopia, but the reality is the description speaks to spiritual peace and joy amidst a continued life of challenges in the flesh. Mourning, crying and pain are met with spiritual comfort in this age for those who are His along with he certainty of an eternal perspective. We are able to see the validity of this in the fact that people are still having to "overcome" or conquer things in the description of this age. [see verse 7] [see Isaiah 25:8; Isaiah 35:10; Isaiah 61:3; Isaiah 65:19; 1 Corinthians 15:26; 1 Corinthians 15:54; Revelation 7:17; Revelation 20:14]

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Hypothetically, if satan is gone, what about the current status of other fallen being/demons ect?

Reactions: Taken

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t get me wrong I understand that most believe that revelation is not completed yet, but if you would consider the contents and context of that book at written to 7 churches in Asia Minor, and that things were soon to come shortly to pass, why is it most Christian churches today continue to repeat that Yeshua is still coming back today, 2000 years later?

We believe He is coming back because of many verses…

You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.

Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.

20 He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!”
Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!

42 “So you, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know what day your Lord is coming.

Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds.

I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,” says the Lord God. “I am the one 8 “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come—the Almighty One.”

As they strained to see him rising into heaven, two white-robed men suddenly stood among them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!”

And now, dear children, remain in fellowship with Christ so that when he returns, you will be full of courage and not shrink back from him in shame.

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

So if someone tells you, ‘Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,’ don’t bother to go and look. Or, ‘Look, he is hiding here,’ don’t believe it! For as the lightning flashes in the east and shines to the west, so it will be when the Son of Man comes.

But when the Son of Man returns,
how many will he find on the earth who have faith?”

Reactions: Nancy and EloyCraft

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contextually that is all those people then @stunnedbygrace that is where the problem lies.

Now don’t get me wrong it is a great thing to encourage others in faith and love towards God and pray with your loved one and friends when they give you the chance.

The thing is the only thing we are waiting for now in this life is death. So while I commend you for sharing all those verses that needs to stay in context to the people it is said to, and who were written to.

They were waiting for him to come back within the 40 year span of Yeshua prophecy founded in the Gospels, that is what I find so confusing…

None of those things were written to us, it is good to be prepared for death though that is when you’ll have your own individual coming, but contextually back then He was coming for the bride of Christ the 144,000 of the twelve tribes who were virgins none the less… they suffered so much under the persecution of their time Jesus did come back to get them and to bring forth Judgment on Jerusalem for having killed him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@teamventure,

Darkness still exist. Darkness has existed since the very beginning Genesis 1:1-2.

I do believe darkness exist and the earth dark spiritual forces such as (like school spirit) spirit of greed, spirit of hatred, spirit of malice, spirit of lying, spirit of manipulation, which all formulate and come from the world - all in the world is pride of life, lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes. None of these come from the Father.

The only way to have oneself ridden of the darkness is to seek the one who is the light of the world.

Darkness is Hebrew is interesting to look at its definition.

Reactions: teamventure

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I think that’s messed up. Every word of God is for me.

People do not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

He is the God of the living, not the dead.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is messed up? Truth? Not many people like it. It rattles them and it shakes them. You can believe what you desire I’m just telling you what I see is the truth of the matter.

To take things out of context for me is messed up, just as much.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said we shouldn’t listen to what Jesus spoke about, the thing is the contextual setting and surroundings.

If one desires to know the truth they will seek out these things, if they don’t want to it’s fine one can stay right where they are at the main thing is we love despite differences.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one desires to know the truth they will seek out these things, if they don’t want to it’s fine one can stay right where they are

Very passive aggressive there.
Also, are you sure you aren’t the one staying right where they are…?

And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t read so much into it ma’am.

It is obvious some people desire to seek truth and some desire to stay where they are.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of the scriptures need to stay in context to the audience it is written to. This is how confusion starts is when people use scripture as though it was written to them directly. It’s not a good way to address scripture in my opinion.

The scriptures we have today none of them were written to us, but they were written for us for our benefit.

Anything pertains to Jesus coming all culminate in Revelarion, please see the first post.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is obvious some people desire to seek truth and some desire to stay where they are

Im guessing you would be the one in this scenario who desires to seek truth and I would be the one desiring to stay where I am?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s doesn’t feel like a true conversation to me, this is why I sometimes find this way of communicating shallow.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know why you keep repeating yourself.

listen what else do you wanna share that you haven’t already? Perhaps I’m missing something.

You were assuming I was being passive aggressive against you and your person over something I stated…

Now your agreeing that Jesus and his return all culminate to Revelation.

So why don’t you believe Satan has been defeated? Or don’t believe the contents are true or that the things that we’re gonna happen then did happen shortly?

I can’t read a phone screen or how a person feels behind a computer…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were assuming I was being passive aggressive against you

Oh I wasn’t assuming it. You WERE being passive aggressive. You do it a lot. Get that one little zing in, usually in your last sentence. But you’re oh so polite about it! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.