Why don’t you believe Satan has been defeated?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Using scripture to try to prove a point doesn’t help either sir. I would like to know what it is you believe from the looks of it you do not believe in Satan at all; from what seems like it is something else.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The truth is @MatthewG - your adversary is powerless in Job? Show me where he afflicts Job? Show us where this evil creature you believe is in anywhere in Job? Even his friends have no knowledge of your supernatural being Job 8:4 Job 11:6

Where MatthewG show us your super natural devil in Job?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my belief Satan was a fallen Angel from Heaven who got the title deed to earth and he was the arbiter of death and brought people down to Hell or Sheol the covered place of the dead where their was a prison part and a paradise part. All people ended up in hell, until the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. And then eventually hell was dumped out and those who were there in where judge.

Satan and his Angels, the false prophet, and the beast where all thrown into the lake of fire, and people has a part in this lake of fire according to Revelation 21, but they were not in there forever.

Please prove your point by explains your belief and side of the story so I can understand without the snide remarks @face2face.

Otherwise I will just be ignorant and a fool.

Thanks.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And what of God Job 2:3 & Job 42:11

Every bit of suffering Job experienced was at Gods hand so I ask again where is your evil supernatural being in the book of Job?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my belief Satan was a fallen Angel from Heaven who got the title deed to earth and he was the arbiter of death and brought people down to Hell or Sheol the covered place of the dead where their was a prison part and a paradise part. All people ended up in hell, until the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. And then eventually hell was dumped out and those who were there in where judge.

Satan and his Angels, the false prophet, and the beast where all thrown into the lake of fire, and people has a part in this lake of fire according to Revelation 21, but they were not in there forever.

Please prove your point by explains your belief and side of the story so I can understand without the snide remarks @face2face.

Thanks.

And what of God Job 2:3 & Job 42:11

Every bit of suffering Job experienced was at Gods hand so I ask again where is your evil supernatural being in the book of Job?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Job 2:3 And he (Job) still holds firmly to his integrity, so that you (adversary) stirred me (God) up to destroy Job without reason.”

If this is your devil and satan he is powerless!

Truth is you don't know what your talking about!...you havnt studied the book of Job.

Be honest!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No your right I haven’t. Do you believe you are superior because you have?

Thanks.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t like marvel movies.

Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

what do you think about Jesus when he said this?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No your right I haven’t. Do you believe you are superior because you have?
Not at all, just calling you out and making an example of how easy it is for Christians like yourself to be misled. Go back and reread Job with a clear mind without the false notions. The truth is there.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not only the book of Job.

Aside the book Job is consider poetry.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don’t like marvel movies.

Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

what do you think about Jesus when he said this?

A permanent death for the false accusers and his messengers.

So?

Do you know what the Lord is teaching?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written: “ ‘He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’” Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’” Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭4:1-11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“At once the Spirit sent him out into the wilderness, and he was in the wilderness forty days, being tempted by Satan. He was with the wild animals, and angels attended him.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:12-13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

“Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry. The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.” Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone.’” The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. If you worship me, it will all be yours.” Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’” The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from here. For it is written: “ ‘He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’” Jesus answered, “It is said: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:1-13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written: “ ‘He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’” Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’” Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭4:1-11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Do you think by posting large sections of Scripture that will prove the Bible speaks of an evil supernatural creature who rules in a place of darkness? So many Christians like you out there...it's truly sad!

Internal or external temptation MatthewG?

I've always lent towards the internal - do you know why?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me be ignorant and just leave me be, please sir. Thank you.

Love you for who you are and thank you for helping spend and hour of time talking about this.

Let me be sad and delusional, I’ll believe Jesus and what he had experienced, and understanding that Satan was a fallen angel.

Thank you.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's the difference between a sin of lawlessness and other sins?

1 John 5:16-17

Sins of lawlessness are against the Law, the Ten Commandments that sinners are under. They are sins unto death such as murder, lying, stealing, adultery, sorcery, homosexuality. For these sins to be forgiven you must repent and become a Spirit-filled Christian. Romans 8:9, Romans 6:6-7.

Trespasses are sins not unto death such as immature fruit of the Spirit, not mentioned in Galatians 5:19-21, which are sins unto death. For trespasses to be forgiven we must forgive other brethren their trespasses against us. Matthew 6:14-15

Status
Not open for further replies.