Why don't in todays time we stand in peril every hour?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of the Christ? tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom 8:36 (according as it hath been written—'For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long, we were reckoned as sheep of slaughter,')

Paul writing in the spring of 57 Ad, to the Saints at Rome, He asked several questions.

1. Who shall separate us from the love of the Christ?
2. Should tribulation, distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Then He quotes: Psalm 44:22. (Similar verses in Scripture) Psa 141:7; Joh 16:2; 1Co 15:30; 2Co 4:11
Relatable verses also to emphasize this is founded in Isa 53:7; Jer 11:19, Jer 12:3, Jer 51:40; Act 8:32

In that day, tribulation, distress, persecution, famine,

Nakedness
gymnotēs

3x: nakedness; want of proper and sufficient clothing, Rom 8:35; 2Co 11:27; spiritual nakedness, being destitute of spiritual clothing, Rev 3:18.
gumnotēs

goom-not'-ace

From G1131; nudity (absolutely or comparatively): - nakedness.

or peril (danger),

or sword
machaira

29x: a large knife, dagger; a sword, Mat 26:47; Mat 26:51; the sword of the executioner, Act 12:2; Rom 8:35; Heb 11:37; hence, φορεῖν μάχαιραν, to bear the sword, to have the power of life and death, Rom 13:4; meton. war, Mat 10:34.

In that day, they used swords to defend their countries and things of that nature, what would be the purpose of these verses today, in 2022 in a place where we use guns, to kill or defend our countries today? In that day those who rejected Christ, and decided to go back to the Law -> Would kill Christians, having been freed from the Law in Christ, we also know that the progressive killings of Christians in that day eventually got to an all time high, and the desolation of Israel continued to grow further into darkness.

We see Paul having killed Christians at one point in time.

Acts 22: Here is some of the things Paul talked about his early life.

Acts 22:4 “I worked hard and killed men and women who believed as I believe today. I put them in chains and sent them to prison. 5 The head religious leader and the leaders of the people can tell you this is true. I got letters from them to take to our Jewish brothers in the city of Damascus. I was going there to put the Christians in chains and bring them to Jerusalem where they would be beaten.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of the Christ? tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom 8:36 (according as it hath been written—'For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long, we were reckoned as sheep of slaughter,')

Paul writing in the spring of 57 Ad, to the Saints at Rome, He asked several questions.

1. Who shall separate us from the love of the Christ?
2. Should tribulation, distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Then He quotes: Psalm 44:22. (Similar verses in Scripture) Psa 141:7; Joh 16:2; 1Co 15:30; 2Co 4:11
Relatable verses also to emphasize this is founded in Isa 53:7; Jer 11:19, Jer 12:3, Jer 51:40; Act 8:32

In that day, tribulation, distress, persecution, famine,

Nakedness
gymnotēs

3x: nakedness; want of proper and sufficient clothing, Rom 8:35; 2Co 11:27; spiritual nakedness, being destitute of spiritual clothing, Rev 3:18.
gumnotēs

goom-not'-ace

From G1131; nudity (absolutely or comparatively): - nakedness.

or peril (danger),

or sword
machaira

29x: a large knife, dagger; a sword, Mat 26:47; Mat 26:51; the sword of the executioner, Act 12:2; Rom 8:35; Heb 11:37; hence, φορεῖν μάχαιραν, to bear the sword, to have the power of life and death, Rom 13:4; meton. war, Mat 10:34.

In that day, they used swords to defend their countries and things of that nature, what would be the purpose of these verses today, in 2022 in a place where we use guns, to kill or defend our countries today? In that day those who rejected Christ, and decided to go back to the Law -> Would kill Christians, having been freed from the Law in Christ, we also know that the progressive killings of Christians in that day eventually got to an all time high, and the desolation of Israel continued to grow further into darkness.

We see Paul having killed Christians at one point in time.

Acts 22: Here is some of the things Paul talked about his early life.

Acts 22:4 “I worked hard and killed men and women who believed as I believe today. I put them in chains and sent them to prison. 5 The head religious leader and the leaders of the people can tell you this is true. I got letters from them to take to our Jewish brothers in the city of Damascus. I was going there to put the Christians in chains and bring them to Jerusalem where they would be beaten.

Make no mistake Matt, as you know the Bible is never in error, some of us may lead relatively peaceful lives, in fact all of God's people have had peace as well as times of tribulation. Not all Christians around the world have an easy go, many are imprisoned, and many have been martyred for their faith, even currently. Expect hard times in the near future my friend.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make no mistake Matt, as you know the Bible is never in error, some of us may lead relatively peaceful lives, in fact all of God's people have had peace as well as times of tribulation. Not all Christians around the world have an easy go, many are imprisoned, and many have been martyred for their faith, even currently. Expect hard times in the near future my friend.

Brother, life itself is tough. I do expect if the Lord God allows me to get older to continue to suffer through this life.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About this post is different, it is to get people in the mindset of the EARLY FIRST - Assemblies that were set up by the Apostles. They experienced everything you just set at a much higher velocity, unlike which would ever happen again on earth.

I do understand there may be communist countries, or nazist countries, that may kill anyone that doesn't go along with their own way. It is sad but a reality but back then in the Bible it pertained a lot the the Nation of Israel.

Some people make it for America now today, but even though they can do that, it is a disservice to the actual biblical text.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is still the way of the cross.

Most of us in America have gotten slothfull ,lazy and lukewarm concerning our faith.
We consider ourselves elite or privileged bc we still have some freedoms afforded us in our constitution.

Make no mistake others in different countries are suffering PERSECUTIONS OF FAITH!

Our battles up to this point besides a little bullying,mild ridicule and slight outside persecutions have been mostly of a spiritual rather than physical nature so far.

The enemy attacks our minds,our families,our communities and our faith thru, breakdowns of marriage and family, drugs are rampant murders are astronomical in communities, government in local and even religious organizations are laughable and farce.

It will NOT always be so for us Americans for the time is coming when the destroyer and destruction will come.
IT IS HIGH TIME WE AWAKE OUT OF OUR SLEEP, PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOUR AND PREPARE FOR BATTLE MAKING OUR STANDARD HIS AND SURE!

Reactions: GEN2REV

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is still the way of the cross.

Most of us in America have gotten slothfull ,lazy and lukewarm concerning our faith.
We consider ourselves elite or privileged bc we still have some freedoms afforded us in our constitution.

Make no mistake others in different countries are suffering PERSECUTIONS OF FAITH!

Our battles up to this point besides a little bullying,mild ridicule and slight outside persecutions have been mostly of a spiritual rather than physical nature so far.

The enemy attacks our minds,our families,our communities and our faith thru, breakdowns of marriage and family, drugs are rampant murders are astronomical in communities, government in local and even religious organizations are laughable and farce.

It will NOT always be so for us Americans for the time is coming when the destroyer and destruction will come.
IT IS HIGH TIME WE AWAKE OUT OF OUR SLEEP, PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOUR AND PREPARE FOR BATTLE MAKING OUR STANDARD HIS AND SURE!

Thank you for sharing. To me it is good to grow in our knowledge of the word, and have love for God and love for others. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Even studying it to increases our faith. God bless brother, and Robert.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our battles up to this point ... have been mostly of a spiritual rather than physical nature
Bingo.

We ARE in peril every hour in a spiritual sense. Every decision we make holds our ultimate Salvation in the balance.

The other side of this is those who aren't truly on the path at all. Those who are deceived are not in any immediate peril because they are already defeated. They are no threat to the enemy.

Those who have a heart for God are being tested and tempted and detoured and sidetracked constantly.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just goes to show that we are indeed living in a different Age, than the Early Apostles had lived in that day in time, which they had suffered death for going out and preaching the Gospel, save John the Beloved, which he did end up finally dying sometime.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, life itself is tough. I do expect if the Lord God allows me to get older to continue to suffer through this life.
I started to ask you how old you are Matt, but I see it in your profile, we are kinda like Johnathan and David, I am 68 while you are still a pup.

With your age if you live a normal lifetime, I believe you will live to see the return of Jesus, most who claim Christianity believe his return is near. It is quite possible that I might live to it as well as the scene of this world is rapidly changing. Many can see how these things could escalate into the great tribulation. You may not have contemplated this before, but the Bible shows many survivors coming out of that tribulation, and if you are one, you may be among the few that never have to die. Isn't that an amazing thought to contemplate. Truthfully I really do not want to live through the tribulation, but to be among those who have never died, would be truly something.

I truly commend your sincere love for God, and your dedicated Biblical education. It is rare that young ones expend much energy in their search for God. You are truly an example for others who post here.