Why food is the best medicine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cranberries:

Things I am incorporating into my new nutritional lifestyle.
I need to lose about 50 pounds.
Today is 10/29/21
Let's see where I am in 6 months.
:rolleyes:

Hugs
I've been doing intermittent fasting. I have to eat when I take certain medications I take which have to be taken 12 hours apart. I also take meds that make me extra hungry. So I'm switching to eating 3 times a day instead of 4. And I might have a light snack. But I learned the idea and also heard it was working for another member here. I don't just go without food either. I fast for a purpose and pray like a religious fast. It's been working and I feel that I have already lost weight and only started a week or two ago.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like blueberries. They grow by the tracks that ran close to the house that my Grampa built, where my mother and oldest siblings were born. This is typical of the area where I was almost born:
224721502_c256f3e7a9_o.jpg

I guess I was supposed to be born in the big city. Sigh.
Do you ever run into bears in there? Looks very bear-esq

Reactions: Ziggy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you ever run into bears in there? Looks very bear-esq
Black bears and moose everywhere! My Aunt Myrtle, just a half-mile down the road from her house, had her car totaled and got whiplash when a bull moose charged her.
Her backyard overlooked a gently-sloping, pristine, 10-mile wide forest valley. I don't think it's changed much. I loved it there!

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Natural food is far better than medicine or even vitamins .
But there is a food and it is not natural , AND IT WORKS HEALING into the very soul of a man .
ITS KNOWN as the WORD of GOD . Feast daily on those scriptures . And let the glorious Lord be praised .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine if we had no skin.. ewwww..
cranberries are good for you though.
I don't like them much, but I guess they like me.
Hugs
Cranberries are good for us . pomegrantes are as well . Blue berries are mighty tasty sister and they real good as well .
Just eat the whole foods as the LORD made them .
Though something very important i have learned .
FEAST DAILY ON THE WHOLESOME WORDS OF THE LORD and all sound doctrine . That food nourishes the very soul .
You already know what TIME IT IS ZIGGY . ITS LORD PRAISING TIME .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Natural food is far better than medicine or even vitamins .
But there is a food and it is not natural , AND IT WORKS HEALING into the very soul of a man .
ITS KNOWN as the WORD of GOD . Feast daily on those scriptures . And let the glorious Lord be praised .
Yes, and fast from any ways of men which lead us to sin! This kind of feasting and fasting should become a 24/7 thing!

"...With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and fast from any ways of men which lead us to sin! This kind of feasting and fasting should become a 24/7 thing!

"...With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27
Let the wonderous glorious LORD be praised . Abstain from ALL APPEARANCE of EVIL . Cleave to that which is GOOD .
Yes indeed my friend . Yes indeed .

Reactions: amadeus

CharlesH95

Jan 25, 2022
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Food does much more than simply provide you with fuel. It may promote or worsen health, depending on what you eat. A nutrient-dense diet of whole foods has been shown to prevent many chronic diseases and may help treat some conditions, such as type 2 diabetes.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good nutrition help builds a healthy immune system.
A healthy immune system is CRITICAL in today's world.
Eat the words of the Lord often and until you are full.
It's the only nutrition we have against the evil.
Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Food does much more than simply provide you with fuel. It may promote or worsen health, depending on what you eat. A nutrient-dense diet of whole foods has been shown to prevent many chronic diseases and may help treat some conditions, such as type 2 diabetes.
you are right and it is well known but who wants to hear it let alone follow its direction?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Daily prayer and Bible reading vital, right? :)
I talk to God out loud in my house all day.
He brings verses to memory which I reflect on and consider.
I can't read a paperback bible, my eyes don't work so good. But I can zoom on the computer to enlarge the letters. Or I listen to the bible when I go to bed at night. I listen to music and psalms during the day.
I started to stray... but he brought me back quick this time.
Sometimes I can go years without talking to him. And something will draw me back.
I am going to need his strength in the coming months. I don't know why, I just know I will.
Everyone has their idea of what prayer is.
I just talk to God on a one on one basis continually, all the time.
And then something distracts me. A video, a game, loss of connection, a sickness, a death or two...
But he never fails to call me back. Never.
Sometimes I think God allows us to have a fast from his word, so when we realize something is missing, the desire to return is undeniable.
I feel like I just went through such a fast.
Only this time I didn't become famished, just hungry.

God Bless
Hugs

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cranberries:

Things I am incorporating into my new nutritional lifestyle.
I need to lose about 50 pounds.
Today is 10/29/21
Let's see where I am in 6 months.
:rolleyes:

Hugs

I would say food is the best to sustain the body of nutrients….and laughter is the best to sustain a soul of joy….

But anyway I get your point of focusing on foods that actually have beneficial nutrition.

I have a liking for sweets, and keep them to a minimum portion. But also try to make two big meals a day, breakfast and supper. I regularly might have a very small bowl or a cereal for lunch which may be oatmeal of a flake….but add nuts, cranberries, blue berries or such. If I skip the cereal, those extras are a handful of pretty much a daily snack. A small handful!
Just saying losing weight is difficult and very unpleasant if you go extreme cold turkey and completely cut out what you enjoy…rather down size the portions and adjust the snacks and you mention … cranberries…are very good for you.
Exercise…pff…not my cup of tea at all. But I do walk a lot, several times a day….trot up and down stairs about a dozen times a day.
Just saying exercise does not need to be extreme, but some moving stretching is good.

I hope you reach your goal and sounds like you are making a plan to accomplish your goal in a healthy way. Good for you!

God Bless you,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mother used to feed us blueberries, milk, and sugar. The picture is just downstream of my Grampa's sawmill. The creek that filled the millpond might have been 10 feet across, at it's widest. It was full of Brook Trout.
When we'd go visit, I'd take my catch to Aunt Myrtle, who lived across from the general store. I used to love going there...I never wanted to leave.

Mmmm…yum. As kids we would all get a coffee can and pick wild blueberries while dad was catching trout…yum. Now located in the south…and no trout here…and hoping to buy some 2-3 year old blueberry bushes for a crop next year. And BTW, we have a saw mill…the smell of fresh cut lumber…love it.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say food is the best to sustain the body of nutrients….and laughter is the best to sustain a soul of joy….

But anyway I get your point of focusing on foods that actually have beneficial nutrition.

I have a liking for sweets, and keep them to a minimum portion. But also try to make two big meals a day, breakfast and supper. I regularly might have a very small bowl or a cereal for lunch which may be oatmeal of a flake….but add nuts, cranberries, blue berries or such. If I skip the cereal, those extras are a handful of pretty much a daily snack. A small handful!
Just saying losing weight is difficult and very unpleasant if you go extreme cold turkey and completely cut out what you enjoy…rather down size the portions and adjust the snacks and you mention … cranberries…are very good for you.
Exercise…pff…not my cup of tea at all. But I do walk a lot, several times a day….trot up and down stairs about a dozen times a day.
Just saying exercise does not need to be extreme, but some moving stretching is good.

I hope you reach your goal and sounds like you are making a plan to accomplish your goal in a healthy way. Good for you!

God Bless you,
Taken
It's been 2 years and over that time I have lost 20 lbs.
I don't eat breakfast. And I like breakfast for lunch. I prefer veggies and fruits. And I love cooking.
I made a veggie soup for lunch today, and oven baked drumsticks, mashed butternut squash and white corn for dinner.
Dad usually has toast or an english muffin for breakfast and juice and coffee.
I always have coffee.
My downfall is that midnight snack which is usually a bowl of cereal or some potato chips.
I'm more a snacker that a full meal.
I've had an increase in physical activity since Dad came. It's not just me anymore. And I feel better even though I'm still tired all the time.
My body isn't working like it's supposed to. My legs hurt all the time, I think it's just the lack of blood flow, and it slows me down.
Mentally I feel better. The body's gonna do what it's gonna do, lol

Hugs

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been 2 years and over that time I have lost 20 lbs.
I don't eat breakfast. And I like breakfast for lunch. I prefer veggies and fruits. And I love cooking.
I made a veggie soup for lunch today, and oven baked drumsticks, mashed butternut squash and white corn for dinner.
Dad usually has toast or an english muffin for breakfast and juice and coffee.
I always have coffee.
My downfall is that midnight snack which is usually a bowl of cereal or some potato chips.
I'm more a snacker that a full meal.
I've had an increase in physical activity since Dad came. It's not just me anymore. And I feel better even though I'm still tired all the time.
My body isn't working like it's supposed to. My legs hurt all the time, I think it's just the lack of blood flow, and it slows me down.
Mentally I feel better. The body's gonna do what it's gonna do, lol

Hugs

I have for years had a funky sleep schedule, only 2 or 3 hours at a time. May be awake for 15 hours catch a few hours of sleep evening or after noon. Wide awake and busy doing something or sound asleep for a few hours. I don’t “have” a doctor, so research and self medicate with vitamins, minerals. Do get leg aches, cramps in legs if I slack off the vitamins / minerals, which I typically take as liquids, hate taking pills, but just saying, the same for you, vitamins, minerals may benefit you, even the simplicity of apply cider vinegar, (with mother) a teaspoon in the evenings…(B12 complex) in the AM helps for energy. I Ramp up on C during the winter and cold months. Big coffee and milk drinker. Have to make myself drink water, not a favorite, but is beneficial for leg aches. Most foods (these days) are depleted of vitamin contents so I do supplement. Rarely get sick. Might feel sluggish occasionally, but never had the flu, or any shots for that. Just suggesting a regiment of vitamins and minerals supplements might be helpful for you to check out. We have an advantage of a lot of acreage to walk about, and do have a massage table we use for one another. Don’t know what the charge is, but there are people who will travel to your home, bring their own table, and do massages. Very relaxing and beneficial, if you might consider that occasionally to be an option for you. For me, just thinking about “a traditional diet”, makes me want to eat everything, lol. So, I look for the inclusion of more pleasant things, like a walk, fruits, nuts, massages, supplements…which has become more of a lifestyle and over-weight no issue. Just sharing…. Everyone has their own routine of what works for them.

God Bless you,
Taken

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have for years had a funky sleep schedule, only 2 or 3 hours at a time. May be awake for 15 hours catch a few hours of sleep evening or after noon. Wide awake and busy doing something or sound asleep for a few hours. I don’t “have” a doctor, so research and self medicate with vitamins, minerals. Do get leg aches, cramps in legs if I slack off the vitamins / minerals, which I typically take as liquids, hate taking pills, but just saying, the same for you, vitamins, minerals may benefit you, even the simplicity of apply cider vinegar, (with mother) a teaspoon in the evenings…(B12 complex) in the AM helps for energy. I Ramp up on C during the winter and cold months. Big coffee and milk drinker. Have to make myself drink water, not a favorite, but is beneficial for leg aches. Most foods (these days) are depleted of vitamin contents so I do supplement. Rarely get sick. Might feel sluggish occasionally, but never had the flu, or any shots for that. Just suggesting a regiment of vitamins and minerals supplements might be helpful for you to check out. We have an advantage of a lot of acreage to walk about, and do have a massage table we use for one another. Don’t know what the charge is, but there are people who will travel to your home, bring their own table, and do massages. Very relaxing and beneficial, if you might consider that occasionally to be an option for you. For me, just thinking about “a traditional diet”, makes me want to eat everything, lol. So, I look for the inclusion of more pleasant things, like a walk, fruits, nuts, massages, supplements…which has become more of a lifestyle and over-weight no issue. Just sharing…. Everyone has their own routine of what works for them.

God Bless you,
Taken
We have a lot in common. :D

When I lived in Florida I went to an accupuncture clinic. They sis the messages, the suction globes, the needles, and had an exercise room.

Those suction globes are neat. Round glass with a hole on top, they light a fire to remove the air out of it then place them (many) over your muscles for about 15 minutes. Helps relieve a lot of tension.
1702461453128.png

But since I moved to Maine I can't find anyone that uses this tecnique. I went about once every 6 weeks, $100. out of pocket, but it was worth it. There was a big olympic sized pool in a campground down the road, I would go swimming 3 times a week. Cost me $100 a year to use it anytime sun up to sun down.
I would have to go to the Y here and Maine, and I'm not much for public stuff.
I miss it, but you go where you got to go and do what you got to do.
So far I'm holding out. Mostly tired, legs don't work much, and sleep...lol.. it's 5am I been up since 3:30. I'll go take a nap and be up again at 7am to watch C-Span Washingtom Journal. Make coffee, get dad his toast, and take the rest of the day as it comes.

We'll get through this life one way or another.
LOL
Much Love
Hugs

• Love
Reactions: Taken